Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ror posted:

THEY'RE CALLED PARADEMONS.

Sent from my iPhone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
I don't remember how I found this podcast, but I just spent the past few hours listening to them talk poo poo about the Mortal Kombat movies and I think I'm going to be listening to them more often.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

weekly font posted:

The long John silver story had me laughing so hard I woke up my girlfriend holy poo poo

It the sadest of the "i was a dumbass in high school" stories i heard. I was a loser and ate like garbage but i never ate a family size meal of chicken and fish in the parking lot on the day or prom.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Ror posted:

THEY'RE CALLED PARADEMONS.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PARADEMONS

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
They seem to be implying that they're going to be in Los Angeles later this year. I'm stoked.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

AlliedBiscuit posted:

They seem to be implying that they're going to be in Los Angeles later this year. I'm stoked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Did they say when? Because I am so there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Are live podcasts fun to go to? They always seem too short for the effort involved with going.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Invalid Validation posted:

Are live podcasts fun to go to? They always seem too short for the effort involved with going.

They're usually not much shorter than comedy shows, they can be pretty fun.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Also this time they'll be in Juggalo makeup if you get a ticket.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
WICKAWICKAWILDWILDWEST

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Calling the spider thing "Kevin Smith's one good story" is so loving dead on

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Goddamn Andrew, do we have to go on a 5 minute derail on whether or not we see Will Smith's balls or peen?

yes, yes we do :v:

Also, the T.J. Hooker movie reveal :aaaaa:

BTW, how can you not know who Phineas Gage was?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Calling the spider thing "Kevin Smith's one good story" is so loving dead on

There is also that one about him making a documentary about Prince that went into the vault

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, this week's episode is starting in a lot of weird places.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fatherboxx posted:

There is also that one about him making a documentary about Prince that went into the vault

There's a video of Kevin Smith talking about his experience with Prince and lol he is such a dumb idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhcParuzpc - 24:39 he talks to Prince and makes an idiot of himself about the meaning of the Devil in Prince's music and such.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

There's a video of Kevin Smith talking about his experience with Prince and lol he is such a dumb idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhcParuzpc - 24:39 he talks to Prince and makes an idiot of himself about the meaning of the Devil in Prince's music and such.

Prince was a Jehovah's Witness and they literally do believe the devil was cast down in 1914 to rule Earth. That album even has a lyric about the devil being around since 1914.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Prince also believed in chemtrails and was a major homophobe. RIPD dead broken music dude.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy Mann posted:

Prince also believed in chemtrails and was a major homophobe. RIPD dead broken music dude.

Also the song that 1914 lyric comes from has references to devilish people named "Rosenbloom", "Pearlman", and "Goldstruck".

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/prince/familyname.html

I wonder if Smith decided to refrain from saying in the story who Prince was actually accused of hating?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I was kinda annoyed one of them hadn't heard of Phineas Gage. Read an amazing short story about a society of people who deliberately recreated his accident, since it removed their capacity for empathy.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That clips reminds me of how much I like Kevin Smith's QAs. He's really funny in quite a few of them. I like his Fatman on Batman podcast too. A shame his work on those are better than his recent directing jobs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

I was kinda annoyed one of them hadn't heard of Phineas Gage. Read an amazing short story about a society of people who deliberately recreated his accident, since it removed their capacity for empathy.

Andrew not knowing about him and looking it up on Wikipedia made me go back and look into that whole story. Supposedly his behavioral changes may have been temporary and daguerreotypes uncovered sometime in 2010 suggested that he kept up his hygiene and grooming despite the injury. He managed to keep a job as a stagecoach driver in Chile for the remainder of his life, before the epilepsy from his injury killed him.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Plus, from what I understand, his stage coach job was one of the most dangerous to drive both in terms of terrain and potential for coachrobbing, so if he was at all damaged, he wouldn't have been able to do it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Guy who gets spike through his head acts ruder & cares less about his job

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jimbot posted:

That clips reminds me of how much I like Kevin Smith's QAs. He's really funny in quite a few of them. I like his Fatman on Batman podcast too. A shame his work on those are better than his recent directing jobs.
Kevin Smith was funnier when everyone just thought he smoked a lot of weed as opposed to since he actually started smoking.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

Kevin Smith was funnier when everyone just thought he smoked a lot of weed as opposed to since he actually started smoking.

He's still pretty funny but I think his actual film work got worse as he started smoking weed.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I used to listen to a couple of his podcasts until I realized that if I want to hear the same unfunny jokes based on a half-grasp of modern pop culture and hazy nostalgia repeatedly pour out of a stoned, bearded, fat white man I could just buy a microphone.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MisterBibs posted:

Plus, from what I understand, his stage coach job was one of the most dangerous to drive both in terms of terrain and potential for coachrobbing, so if he was at all damaged, he wouldn't have been able to do it.

lmao mister loving bibs are you seriously claiming phineas gage was perfectly fine after the whole rod-through-the-brain thing?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhcParuzpc - 24:39 he talks to Prince and makes an idiot of himself about the meaning of the Devil in Prince's music and poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
"Hmmm well he took a job with a high probability of him being mugged and murdered so I don't think that tamping rod shooting through his skull did anything at all!" - an idiot

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

What's the deal with #WeWantWorf?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Michael Dorn really wants to be a captain on a Star Trek reboot. Weirdly, he's probably the most wealthy out of the non-Patrick Stewart TNG cast.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

well why not posted:

Michael Dorn really wants to be a captain on a Star Trek reboot. Weirdly, he's probably the most wealthy out of the non-Patrick Stewart TNG cast.

Nah, he can't be that...

quote:

Dorn has owned several jet aircraft, including a T-33 Shooting Star, an F-86 Sabre, and currently owns a North American Sabreliner. The T-33 was often referred to as his "starship."

Welp. I guess voice acting pays pretty well.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Well, he did DS9 after TNG. He's joked that he was done with sitting in the makeup chair for good - until he saw the offer for DS9. I suspect he was getting quite a bit more than the other DS9 actors. By the end of that show he was basically second lead.

Add that to the voice, occasional movie & TV work, it stacks up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I also recall reading he would only do DS9 if he was guaranteed to be in the TNG movies, which explains how he gets shoehorned into them. Smart move on his part.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel like WHM is reaching the point in a podcast's lifespan where they feel like they have to spend 20 minutes anticipating the responses of randos on twitter and I really hope it ends soon because that poo poo is invariably intolerable.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
To reward my 90+ days of being a good recovery boy, my fiance got us tickets to LA and to see my favorite bad movie guys discuss Suburban Commando, a VHS I wore down to a nub!

Anyone else going?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I feel like WHM is reaching the point in a podcast's lifespan where they feel like they have to spend 20 minutes anticipating the responses of randos on twitter and I really hope it ends soon because that poo poo is invariably intolerable.

Put down that Twitter, sir!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Corek posted:

Prince was a Jehovah's Witness and they literally do believe the devil was cast down in 1914 to rule Earth. That album even has a lyric about the devil being around since 1914.

If the bra fits.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Put down that Twitter, sir!

I totally understand the impulse to dunk annoying twitter people or prevent them from becoming annoying in the first place, but it never actually helps and just ends up wasting everyone's time. Randos gonna rando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
If you had to deal with an ARMY of Mister Bibs, you'd probably try to head some of that off, too.

That said I enjoy it, and think it's funny.