Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Keane, Kashuno, you're both pretty.

Jedit posted:

You want to see someone Mafia dadding and distancing themselves from a mislynch? Look at the guy asking "Which of these two reasons to vote Jedit is why you're voting for him?" as someone votes for me without explanation, when both reasons combined evidently aren't enough cause for him to drop a vote on me.

How is asking people about their rationale somehow suspicious?

Moat identified two reasons why someone might want to vote for you and wanted clarification on which (if any) applied.

Nowhere does that imply that Moat actually believes the case or would vote for you. Stop being obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kashuno posted:

As I stated, I don't have a good scum read on anyone right now. Since you tend to have a pretty serious reaction to any votes on you, it seems as good a place to start as any.

I mean, if your hot take is "Keane calls out dumb votes on him" then yes, but you seem far, far more confident in your read on my meta than you should be, and I believe the last game you fell into a meta argument you were scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I mean, if your hot take is "Keane calls out dumb votes on him" then yes, but you seem far, far more confident in your read on my meta than you should be, and I believe the last game you fell into a meta argument you were scum.

I'm not using a meta argument to call out your alignment, I'm using a meta argument to say "hm Keane will probably react vividly if I vote him," which you have.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hey y'all, here's a Kash scum game where Kash plays up his knowledge of ~~~my meta~~~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779054&userid=190650

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Hey y'all, here's a Kash scum game where Kash plays up his knowledge of ~~~my meta~~~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779054&userid=190650

I feel like you don't read my posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I feel like you don't read my posts.

The practice of reading entrails (to see the future) is called haruspicy.

The practice of reading poo poo (to determine alignment) is called reading Kash's posts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

The practice of reading entrails (to see the future) is called haruspicy.

The practice of reading poo poo (to determine alignment) is called reading Kash's posts.

:drat: someone is not very nice today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Keane, Kashuno, you're both pretty.

How is asking people about their rationale somehow suspicious?

Moat identified two reasons why someone might want to vote for you and wanted clarification on which (if any) applied.

Nowhere does that imply that Moat actually believes the case or would vote for you. Stop being obtuse.

Nah I agree with Jedit here. Moat didn't ask why AR was voting Jedit, he gave specific reasons and expected AR to just drop into those. Moat didn't entertain other possibilities, as if he is just trying to simplify things on Jedit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kash is Jedit scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Kash is Jedit scum?

I haven't seen a good reason to vote Jedit yet, and I feel like he gets voted out early a lot when town. I'm not sure that he's town, but i'm not really feeling him for scum at this time.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I was trying to elicit a response because I don't understand the jedit vote. Neither of those reasons sounded like a good reason to vote (hence not voting jedit). Jedit why you so salty?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

I was trying to elicit a response because I don't understand the jedit vote. Neither of those reasons sounded like a good reason to vote (hence not voting jedit). Jedit why you so salty?

The problem is, you boxed AR into a corner by saying "which of these reasons is why you voted?" instead of just asking AR for his reasoning and forcing him to make it up himself.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
surd, u scum?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Moatillata posted:

If you want to elicit a response from someone, you ask them a direct question and make them supply their own answer. Scum have to manufacture content. That's how you catch them.

And now you're saying "aha, but my content was bullshit!" when I call you on it while ignoring that AR claimed he voted me for both the reasons which suddenly aren't good reasons to put a vote on me.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

surd, u scum?

no im probably the only thing keeping joe from killing himself

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbh, you don't need to read kashuno's posts to know if hes scum or not

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

tbh, you don't need to read kashuno's posts to know if hes scum or not

?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
on one hand Kash if Jedit does flip scum, you're probably town, because you're not that dumb to defend him two days in a row

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

on one hand Kash if Jedit does flip scum, you're probably town, because you're not that dumb to defend him two days in a row

I think underestimating the depths of Mafia player stupidity is a pretty bold strategy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think underestimating the depths of Mafia player stupidity is a pretty bold strategy.

Agreed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

In the soldiers game TMM and I spent the entire game fighting and causing HUGE issues in the thread that people were convinced there was no way we were both scum but we were.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna take a shower brb

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

im gonna take a shower brb

Put it back when you're done.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

In the soldiers game TMM and I spent the entire game fighting and causing HUGE issues in the thread that people were convinced there was no way we were both scum but we were.

that's true and i always suspect the manufacture of slapfights, but that's not what this is

you, kashuno, in the same game where you got jimson lynched on a weak meta read, are not going to defend jedit this much unless you're scum trying to get town cred when he flips town

if he flips scum, then i would assume you're town until you do something stupid enough to convince me otherwise

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

that's true and i always suspect the manufacture of slapfights, but that's not what this is

you, kashuno, in the same game where you got jimson lynched on a weak meta read, are not going to defend jedit this much unless you're scum trying to get town cred when he flips town

if he flips scum, then i would assume you're town until you do something stupid enough to convince me otherwise

Explain to me how I got Jimson lynched when he scum claimed and no one agreed with my meta case but instead "eh he is useless and scum claimed."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

Or, we're both Town, you know it, and are trying to push a "one of them must be scum" agenda to get a double mislynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also that is really weird leaps in logic.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Also that is really weird leaps in logic.

this was in response to AR

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imgay's game shattering theory
2/3rds of the last 3 votes on jimson were made by scum. think about it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

imgay posted:

imgay's game shattering theory
2/3rds of the last 3 votes on jimson were made by scum. think about it

Scum have been on every lynch in this game. :aaaaa:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scum have been on every lynch in this game. :aaaaa:

how do you know?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

how do you know?

If imgay is correct, then it becomes clear.

My god. Scum on the lynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

If imgay is correct, then it becomes clear.

My god. Scum on the lynch.

how does he know?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

##vote Kash