Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Why did you choose to investigate Moat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
The flerp claim is the most important thing today by far- there are big implications for n1 and n4 bc we assumed jake targeted quid and TQ claimed to target Hal.

flerp- why did you chose redirector?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Moatillata posted:

You spent your only shine on little ol me? :allears:
I wish I picked Jim!

Truth Quark posted:

Why did you choose to investigate Moat?
Had no read on him.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

VivaNova posted:

The flerp claim is the most important thing today by far- there are big implications for n1 and n4 bc we assumed jake targeted quid and TQ claimed to target Hal.

##vote flerp holy poo poo how did I not see this before.

I had to go double check my PMs to be sure, but I targeted Hal for assassination last night, so why is Jimson not dead?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Truth Quark posted:

I had to go double check my PMs to be sure, but I targeted Hal for assassination last night, so why is Jimson not dead?

doesnt redirect night kills

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote god dammit I've had to re-read the OP like three times now

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

it's a major discrepancy that needs to be investigated.

and im out- i work till 9. gotta phone, will try my best to follow, ect ect.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote god dammit I've had to re-read the OP like three times now

At least this time you didn't drag me down with you lol

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

flerp posted:

doesnt redirect night kills

lol well that'll do it!

Still N1 is interesting.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

VivaNova posted:

chaos reigns

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

flerp posted:

chaos reigns

https://youtu.be/4L2ooG_MX9E

Yessss

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
here's some stuff about anarc that viva was asking for me

D2

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also I think anarc and tq might be scum.

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah I was on the fence with you and I wanted to see how you reacted. I feel better about you, but you know who I don't feel better about?

Anarc

Here she is agreeing with my not so good case , even though she has been pushing for lynching an uncc'ed cop claim all day (along with all you other scummy fucks wasting time on that)

She was even pushing for AA yesterday and after his claim instead of like, looking for something else besides the uncc'ed cop claim (you are an idiot if you are voting for AA right now) she just doubles down on him.

anarc is a scum, good day to you sirs and madams

##vote anarc

Absurd Revolver posted:

joke phase hedge -1

correct on inf +1

pointless request for clarification -1

hedge leads to bad vote instead of sticking to a strong read on inf -1

legit confusion +1

self-conscious wifom? +?

anger and finger pointing -1

BONUS: explain this post +2/-2

losing composure and setup argument seems too knowledgeable -1

wifom 2: but worse -1

TOTAL: (2 or 6)?

RESULT: ##vote anarc

Adahn1986 posted:

I read ANarc and got mostly town vibes from them, but can try to quickly re-read, it's just that time is getting a little short for a switch.

D3

CapitalistPig posted:

Re: the cat thing, It could be that or she could have been a 3p boss like there was some speculation about previously.

Either thing is just as likely.

Right now my inclination is still that anarc is scum but moat's voting stuff was really weird.

Murmur Twin posted:

(Full disclosure: I earlier called this a meta case but had kind of blended together her point on Infi with her point on AA. Her case on AA wasn't based on meta. My bad!)

Anyways:

This is ANarc's case made on D1. She throws suspicion on Infi but doesn't follow up, and then puts out a vote on AA for white noise posting. She later jumped on the Glowku vote on D1 to avoid a no-lynch.

A majority of her posts for the rest of the game are either discussion about setup or referencing her original case on AA:

Like there isn't really a whole lot of content to analyze. I find it suspicious that her original case on AA was for "lack of content", but that she stayed suspicious of him after he made a cop claim that she's claiming she believes.

I would vote ANarc but feel stronger about AA.

Truth Quark posted:

Id vote tpink, or ANarc I think.

Or Hal, he usually posted something useful by this point in the game.

Adahn1986 posted:

I dunno, at least Hal was around for the first lynch. He's always pretty lurky even when he's town. I've got town vibes from ANarc so far but could be wrong.

then d4 happens where she eventually gets lynched so obv just look at the vote count that day. i mightve missed a few because i just searched for anarc. while going through pages.

i just quoted a few representative of people voting/saying they were going to vote/thought anarc was scum. D3 she kinda got eclipsed because of tpink but there was a still a good deal of suspicision on her previously that bled into the other days and is why she got lynched. i kinda forgot why i did this in the first place besides viva asking me uhhhhhh oh yeah because aa was acting like cpig was the only one who was on anarc which uhhh huh so was he on her d2 but then he let up d3. idk what that says tbh.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm sorry I'm tense, I'm just trying to figure out alignments and being called scummy for not having it done already is frustrating. I know, just post, but for some people that's more difficult than it should be. Maybe it boils down to self doubt or social anxiety or whatever, but it doesn't make it any easier to post when people are pushing you to rush your thoughts.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Truth Quark posted:

Why is Jimson suddenly so quiet the moment there's any heat on him

Cuz I'm scum duh geeze i cant believe you solved the case TQ u r the best it is good 4 team

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

flerp posted:

here's some stuff about anarc that viva was asking for me

Maybe I'm just a sensitive soul but anyone who was trying to push for a vote on me because of the voting thing for ccat makes me very suspicious.

Tpink tried to do just that and shove me forward instead of his lynch. The above cpig quote where he throws shade on me and pushes for AN simultaneously is very suspect to me

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I do think Jimson is the correct lynch today, and if he flips scum we can take a good long look at Viva.

I went back and read the part of D2 where KB talks about cc'ing. Viva made several posts there about it being a bad idea and how we could have multiple cops, I don't see why Jimson would be all coy about KB but not Viva.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Good morning!

I'm Vanilla {Doctor}. I started with one shine and targetted Quid on N2 - I figured he was near-confirmed town (Adahn's HV, Jake's RNV) and a hi-effort poster so he was a good potential kill candidate. This makes two Shine games in a row where I wasted my ability early for nothing and then slummed along as VT.

Truth Quark posted:

For all this weird poo poo happening re: VivaMomva, I still think Jimson is a better vote today.

I feel like even if you remove the VivaMomva post*, she comes off as invested in figuring out who the scum is and I wouldn't feel comfortable with a vote there.

Truth Quark posted:

Jimson's buddying seems to be working since few people seem willing to entertain the idea of him as scum.

I personally think it's crazy that people are ignoring Jimson, who:

(a) hasn't really shown any sort of consistent point of view throughout the game
(b) is clearly trying to butter people up with complimentary posting
(c) knew that KB was a cop, which either implies a sharp eye for detail or a rolecop scumbro.
(d) started casing me when I started casing him, but then didn't follow up on it when I wasn't around last night

I'm going to re-read flerp and CPig this morning but feel pretty confident regarding Jimson and would really like people to read over him if they haven't.

Li Dawny posted:

Whoever you've been pushing most because you're the biggest loving bus driver I've ever seen.

Nothing personal at all here and I appreciate that balancing Mafia with stressful real-life situations is frustrating, but I hope you can appreciate how, at some point, people have to start realistically questioning your alignment. If you are scum, it would make sense to play the way you've been playing.

* My two cents: while the content of that post might be more suited for the Mafia Discussion Thread than a game, I understand and agree with why she posted that. It does get frustrating to be town in a game where it feels like the rest of the town isn't trying to make cases, and I at least appreciate that she tried something.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Cuz I'm scum duh geeze i cant believe you solved the case TQ u r the best it is good 4 team

Morning mmt. You don't have to work too hard TQ already squeezed a confession out of Jimson

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Jimson I believe this is the correct choice.

Has Jimson claimed btw? He clearly read the thread.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Ugh fine. Ill claim

I am a role cop. I got it from the lottery I guess. Idk podog messaged me and was like LOL PICK A ROLE so I said I wanted 2 be a role cop. I got 1 shine for the shine gods.

D1 I investigated Kb so you can imagine why I wouldn't wanna claim it then. And after d2.

Somewhere in here I got shine. Not sure who from... Maybe one of the redirected flerp put on me?

D2 I investigated Mmt and she came up Shine Back up.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ugh fine. Ill claim

I am a role cop. I got it from the lottery I guess. Idk podog messaged me and was like LOL PICK A ROLE so I said I wanted 2 be a role cop. I got 1 shine for the shine gods.

D1 I investigated Kb so you can imagine why I wouldn't wanna claim it then. And after d2.

Somewhere in here I got shine. Not sure who from... Maybe one of the redirected flerp put on me?

Lol jimson she just claimed doc

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

Good morning!

I'm Vanilla {Doctor}. I started with one shine and targetted Quid on N2

:siren:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote: jimson

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

I think he knows, he read my post that asked if he'd claimed. Why would town want to be coy about it though?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

I think he knows, he read my post that asked if he'd claimed. Why would town want to be coy about it though?

Probably because he's scum good point.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Ugh fine. Ill claim

I don't buy this at all. ##vote Jimson

W/r/t buddying up: This happened D2, and with the amount of pressure on LD at the time (very little) I'm inclined to think I might have been wrong about LD.

Also, LD's posts recently have read more as honest frustration to me, so there's that too.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Moatillata posted:

And? Lol

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
christ, that's -1 already ##unvote

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hes gonna push mmt now?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Did any of our brewers give shine to Quid or Jimson on N1? That is the only way Jimson's story even make sense from a mechanics perspective.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Flying Leatherman posted:

christ, that's -1 already ##unvote

##unvote

Good call gonna stay the pimp hand for now.

Mmt?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

So what we have now. Are 2 people one town. One def scum. It's either me or MMT.

Boys... we got a duel here...

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And just for clarity's sake:

AA - Vanilla {Cop}
CPig - Universal Shine Backup, inherited ???
flerp - Vanilla {Redirector}
Flying Leatherman - USB, inherited {Brewer} from Glowku
Jimson - Rolecop, investigated KB (N1) and MMT (N2)
LD - USB, inherited nothing
Moat - Vanilla {Brewer}
MMT - Vanilla {Doc}
SSV - USB, inherited ???
TQ - Hitman Ninja Assassin Killer (and totally town)
VN - Rolecop, copped Moat N2

SSV and CPig - did you inherit a role and if so when and what?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

So what we have now. Are 2 people one town. One def scum. It's either me or MMT.

:suspense:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
looooll

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm believing MMT over Jimson for a couple reasons. First, despite what Jimson's posted I still have an enormous amount of trouble seeing MMT calling out the Hal crumb as anything but town motivated. Second, I just went back and filtered MMT, and she's made cases, explained her reasoning behind votes, and generally seems like she's playing a town game to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Interesting that you targetted me instead of "suspected PR" Quid but whatevs!

Jimson is lying about my role and I feel, reasonably strongly, like it should be either me or him tonight.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I can think of one scenario where you aren't both lying but it would not look good for MMT.

Want to hear what she says though.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

SSV and CPig - did you inherit a role and if so when and what?

ssv inherited spymaster based on his post earlier today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

Interesting that you targetted me instead of "suspected PR" Quid but whatevs!

Jimson is lying about my role and I feel, reasonably strongly, like it should be either me or him tonight.

This was not the scenario I mentioned, pretty sure Jimson is the lying party here.

• Locked thread