Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

how do you know imgay

Because you like dudes. :iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hmmmmmm

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779054&userid=190650#post460842509

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kashuno posted:

how do you know imgay

I've crunched the numbers of every single SA mafia game ever played and came up with this conclusion of the first vote.

My main takeaways from this data is scum tend to favor a lynch rather than no lynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Are you talking about a game I was scum and using it as a real justification :lol:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jedit posted:

Or, we're both Town, you know it, and are trying to push a "one of them must be scum" agenda to get a double mislynch.

or you're an idiot like usual

i'm not pushing a narrative to get two people lynched, because if you flip town, kash did the right thing, if you flip scum, it feels more like a town mistake than intentional scumbroing

i'm putting myself in more danger than kash with that narrative if you stopped to think about it for more than a few seconds

NOTE: THESE ARE OPINIONS HELD BY ME AND NOT AN ATTEMPT AT "CONFIRMING" ANYONE

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
whats joe eating for lunch toddy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think AR might be scum guys ##vote AR he tries too hard to be "right" when he's scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think AR might be scum guys ##vote AR he tries too hard to be "right" when he's scum

That didn't make sense whatsoever and did not properly convey what I'm trying to say. I will explain when I have injected coffee into my eyes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Are you talking about a game I was scum and using it as a real justification :lol:

You certainly have a habit of citing meta as a rationale for otherwise inexplicable actions when you are scum.

I'm glad you agree.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

You certainly have a habit of citing meta as a rationale for otherwise inexplicable actions when you are scum.

I'm glad you agree.

Kash I'm going to trick you into building a time machine and then I'm going to use this time machine to go back in time and eat you when you are a baby, causing an immense paradox.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ypm you're gonna look silly again

unless ur scum

r u scum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

whats joe eating for lunch toddy

kale

if we're going to be an astronaut we need to start taking better care of ourselves!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

kale

if we're going to be an astronaut we need to start taking better care of ourselves!

Also don't be too tall. :smith:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Absurd Revolver posted:

ypm you're gonna look silly again

unless ur scum

r u scum

No. And I've been doing pretty well recently I doubt I'll look silly now.

AR, when he's town, is unreasonable. He gets into this narrowminded bubble where he doesn't see everything that's going on because he doesn't have all the information handy.

AR as scum appears much more reasonable. I think its partly because he has knowledge from being on the scum team and partly because he has to be more aware of how he comes off.

That's what I meant to say earlier with words

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm glad you agree.

Except that's not what I did here so what are you even grasping at

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

No. And I've been doing pretty well recently I doubt I'll look silly now.

AR, when he's town, is unreasonable. He gets into this narrowminded bubble where he doesn't see everything that's going on because he doesn't have all the information handy.

AR as scum appears much more reasonable. I think its partly because he has knowledge from being on the scum team and partly because he has to be more aware of how he comes off.

That's what I meant to say earlier with words

beware hubris and pride, ypm

after the boom is always a bust

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Except that's not what I did here so what are you even grasping at

You voted me with the explanation of "it's my meta to give a strong reaction", which is a nonsense move.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

You voted me with the explanation of "it's my meta to give a strong reaction", which is a nonsense move.

Clearly I elicited a strong reaction from you because that's what happened. I voted you because I had no reads and wanted to get something rolling. You got defensive and have thrown out bizarre conjecture that doesn't follow logically.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Clearly I elicited a strong reaction from you because that's what happened. I voted you because I had no reads and wanted to get something rolling. You got defensive and have thrown out bizarre conjecture that doesn't follow logically.

Nah, you're a big goofball is what you are.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Nah, you're a big goofball is what you are.

true but still

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm keeping my vote on Kash.

Also I'm sad that Alasdair isn't posting more here is my lover IRL and permatown for it. :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote kash

rip alasdair

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote kash

rip alasdair

YOU'RE DUMB

I had capslock on and was gonna rewrite that but nah I'll leave it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
gonna vote Jedit every day until he is dead

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't like this Kash train.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I think you're overly concerned for me here. I've got 3 votes, 2 that are literally no content. It's not really a train yet, just dumb and lazy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

I think you're overly concerned for me here. I've got 3 votes, 2 that are literally no content. It's not really a train yet, just dumb and lazy.

Yeah train was the wrong word and I don't think that people are necessarily scum for voting you, its just kind of making me roll my eyes

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Jedit posted:

When am I supposed to have Mafia dadded, in the five posts I made on Day 1?

I unvoted imgay to make sure he didn't get lynched as a sole viable candidate in a game that, when I went out, was practically dead and hadn't properly got out of joke phase. I've explained why I wanted him gone, I would have been happy to have him gone, but not at the cost of losing an entire day's discussion because "welp, guess it's imgay or nobody".

##vote Moatillata

You want to see someone Mafia dadding and distancing themselves from a mislynch? Look at the guy asking "Which of these two reasons to vote Jedit is why you're voting for him?" as someone votes for me without explanation, when both reasons combined evidently aren't enough cause for him to drop a vote on me.

##vote Jedit

This further confirms Jedit's scumdom. This Moat vote is totally out of nowhere and the "distancing [himself] from a mislynch" just literally doesn't exist. Not to mention that trying to distance oneself from a d1 mislynch is not really a thing people do because d1 mislynches happen more often than not. I'm not sure whether this Moat vote is scum trying feebly to direct heat on a townie or scum trying feebly to bus for towncred, but I can't see it coming from town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah train was the wrong word and I don't think that people are necessarily scum for voting you, its just kind of making me roll my eyes

I'M GOING TO EAT KASH YPM. I'M GOING TO SCARF HIM ALL UP.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I would probably vote Jedit, but really my biggest suspicion right now is on MEDS CURE SCHIZOS aka The Betrayer. When he's town he's a lot more aggressive and in-your-face probably because he doesn't actually like playing town, but in this game he's relaxed and making jokes and it's ~scummy.~

##vote The Betrayer

rip Alasdair

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRv5LwX4jzI

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't like Kash because of the weird ~vibes~ I got from his early vote on imgay yesterday, and I felt bad about his repeated hammering of "BUT HE SCUMCLAIMED" yesterday to get Jimson - it felt fake and relying on a crutch

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to throw Kash into the sun.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to throw Kash into the sun.

Please I'm already hot

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Please I'm already hot

Poor Kash, that isn't always the opposite of cool.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would probably vote Jedit, but really my biggest suspicion right now is on MEDS CURE SCHIZOS aka The Betrayer. When he's town he's a lot more aggressive and in-your-face probably because he doesn't actually like playing town, but in this game he's relaxed and making jokes and it's ~scummy.~

##vote The Betrayer

rip Alasdair

Actually, I've been trying to tone down things a bit since I came back a while ago. I've found that being overly aggressive is backfiring because the newer crop of Mafia people see aggression and badgering as a bad thing.

It sucks being old, man.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Please I'm already hot

You're not hot, you're just flaming.

See the top of the page for more proof.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to make Kash write thank you letters to beloved former teachers.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Nah the newer guys vote you and then when you badger them enough they listen and you become town hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

O I'm still alive in this game

Thought for sure I'd be cuddled after scum claiming

• Locked thread