Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

And just for clarity's sake:

AA - Vanilla {Cop}
CPig - Universal Shine Backup, inherited ???
flerp - Vanilla {Redirector}
Flying Leatherman - USB, inherited {Brewer} from Glowku
Jimson - Rolecop, investigated KB (N1) and MMT (N2)
LD - USB, inherited nothing
Moat - Vanilla {Brewer}
MMT - Vanilla {Doc}
SSV - USB, inherited {Spymaster}
TQ - Hitman Ninja Assassin Killer (and totally town)
VN - Rolecop, copped Moat N2

SSV and CPig - did you inherit a role and if so when and what?

Still would like to know when and from whom SSV inherited his spymaster though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean why would Jimson kill KB after making it clear to everyone that he thinks that he's a power role? If he were scum, wouldn't he pretend he thinks that KB is vanilla to not have a clear motive for targetting him?

Also, four actions happened last night (not including mine)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

##unvote

Good call gonna stay the pimp hand for now.

Mmt?

I highly encourage you / anyone else on the fence to re-read me, and then re-read Jimson, and share thoughts / observances with the thread :)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

I highly encourage you / anyone else on the fence to re-read me, and then re-read Jimson, and share thoughts / observances with the thread :)

Don't have time for a full re read. I've been hiding at work long enough right now

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Murmur Twin posted:

Getting people to do ur reads 4 u?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I also have to step out for a while, but questions I would like answered while I'm gone:

1. Did anyone give shine to Quid or Jimson N1?

2. SSV who did you inherit spymaster from?

3. CPig did you inherit anything?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Getting people to do ur reads 4 u?

Murmur Twin posted:

I went back and re-read Jimson and I think you're totally right on this.

Jimson is being reaaaaally friendly. Even when he calls CPig scum, it's super polite:

I went back and re-read Jimson's post history from the first Shine game. It's completely different. 14 pages of shitposting, mostly one-line posts, and throwing his vote around on anyone and everyone. I spent that whole game thinking he was scum and the only thing that stopped me from leading a charge on him was that he was investigated as town.

Meanwhile in this game he has 5 pages worth of material, much of which is spent drawing people. I know it's a meta read but it's a really stark difference compared to how he played (as town) last game. I think I have a similar read on Jimson that I usually reserve for TMM - when he's town, he'll try and find scum and not really give a poo poo if he comes off as aggressive/argumentative. In this game, he feels almost too nice in a way that seems fake to me.

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin posted:

CCat is on the suspect list for "av. sexually confusing. :lol:

And yeah, that list doesn't look like it was written to hunt scum, it looks like Jimson was given a homework assignment that said "make a list of reads, minimum 50 words". I also stand by my earlier point that a deceptively low % of his posts have anything to do with hunting for scum, and that his primary concern just seems to be staying on people's good sides.

And the most logical explanation to the KB question is that Jimson's scumbo tpink told him KB was a rolecop (that list was posted on D2 which follows that timeline). If Jimson flips scum I'd say we'd need to take a long hard look at LD next.

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin posted:

I personally think it's crazy that people are ignoring Jimson, who:

(a) hasn't really shown any sort of consistent point of view throughout the game
(b) is clearly trying to butter people up with complimentary posting
(c) knew that KB was a cop, which either implies a sharp eye for detail or a rolecop scumbro.
(d) started casing me when I started casing him, but then didn't follow up on it when I wasn't around last night

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

Still would like to know when and from whom SSV inherited his spymaster though.

Wait, whoa. You're on to something here.

Hal died last night. There have been no other Spymaster deaths. (On that note, Pod, can you update the death post?)

SSV claimed backup. Backups can only inherit flipped roles in the phase immediately following the flip. Therefore SSV couldn't use his role until the night after he got it because inheriting expends his action for that phase. I know this to be true because, hey, I'm a USB too!

So yeah, that's a huge glaring inconsistency.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I think SSV got it from AR, he was spymaster wasn't he? Also, I'm not totally understanding the Jimson push, could someone Barney style it for me?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Li Dawny posted:

I think SSV got it from AR, he was spymaster wasn't he? Also, I'm not totally understanding the Jimson push, could someone Barney style it for me?

There's a liar between Jimson and MMT.

Jimson claims rolecop (3rd rolecop this game...) and MMT claims doctor.

Jimson claims MMT is a backup.

What doctor has flipped?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think Jimson is full of poo poo FWIW.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Li Dawny posted:

But see now you answered for him and we won't know the full details of the claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

I mean. If Jimson isn't full of poo poo. Then MMT is, and if they both aren't full of poo poo. Oh wait. lol there's something that makes this very interesting involving flerp.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Jimson is full of poo poo FWIW.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Li Dawny posted:

And this is what happens when I miss a flip post. Good catch.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Li Dawny posted:

Mmt is scum. maybe VIVANOVA TOO?!?
It's a girl conspiracy but as a man you wouldn't wanna take part in that.li Dawny is an lady

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

started with 2 shine, moat gave me another :cheerdoge:

n1 - quid to jimson
n2 - nothing
n3 - me to jimson
n4 - hal to jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Ugh fine. Ill claim

I am a role cop. I got it from the lottery I guess. Idk podog messaged me and was like LOL PICK A ROLE so I said I wanted 2 be a role cop. I got 1 shine for the shine gods.

D1 I investigated Kb so you can imagine why I wouldn't wanna claim it then. And after d2.

Somewhere in here I got shine. Not sure who from... Maybe one of the redirected flerp put on me?

D2 I investigated Mmt and she came up Shine Back up.

Somewhere in here would have to be N1. So that N2 he could investigate MMT.

MMT doctored Quid N2.

She couldn't have been a back up if she doctored quid, and with no redirection from flerp on MMT... or any action at all N2. Unless there's a second redirector... that leaves us with Jimson as a liar.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Although the big liar with egg on their face could be MMT. Claiming to be a doctor with 1 shine and taking an action on a night that would be mostly uncontested.

Which of the two seem more like a gambit?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Although the big liar with egg on their face could be MMT. Claiming to be a doctor with 1 shine and taking an action on a night that would be mostly uncontested.

MMT is trying to make this a content game now. I mean the game should be played on content, but... that go back and reread business pings me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

This last part is funny considering one of the players is Jimson.

I'm a little bothered by the possibility of a second redirector, because that would explain Jimson's result.

Unless flerp is lying which is possible. Are none of our Brewers claiming to give shine to Jimson or Quid N1?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's a gutfeel, but I think MMT is the liar here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

And just for clarity's sake:

AA - Vanilla {Cop}
CPig - Universal Shine Backup, inherited ???
flerp - Vanilla {Redirector}
Flying Leatherman - USB, inherited {Brewer} from Glowku
Jimson - Rolecop, investigated KB (N1) and MMT (N2)
LD - USB, inherited nothing
Moat - Vanilla {Brewer}
MMT - Vanilla {Doc}
SSV - USB, inherited ???
TQ - Hitman Ninja Assassin Killer (and totally town)
VN - Rolecop, copped Moat N2

SSV and CPig - did you inherit a role and if so when and what?

I am still roleless

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Truth Quark posted:

This last part is funny considering one of the players is Jimson.

I'm a little bothered by the possibility of a second redirector, because that would explain Jimson's result.

Unless flerp is lying which is possible. Are none of our Brewers claiming to give shine to Jimson or Quid N1?

i keep it 100%

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also i cant ever vote for jimson sry guyz

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

I am still roleless

Have you tried to inherit anything?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

OK. So what defense does MMT have when she is called a liar? Both of their claims can't be independently verified. She can insult and argue with jimson which (as we all know) engaging him will go nowhere. All either of them can rely on is their post history.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

Have you tried to inherit anything?

Yeah i tried to get brewer but wasn't fast enough.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also, if you assume that mmt is scum why did she find hal? She has been solidly town on everyone's list up until that point. That's just not a scum move imo. Should we look at your post history and see who you have been going after?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Also your last effort post you places jimson as a "derp lord of the scum" and mmt as town leaning and then you decide to side with jimson when we have someone caught in a lie here?

:psypop:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Also your last effort post you places jimson as a "derp lord of the scum" and mmt as town leaning and then you decide to side with jimson when we have someone caught in a lie here?

:psypop:

Here's something.

Jimson has been on two non-outfit aligned votes, and MMT has been on? none.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Here's something.

I just wanna find scum you guys :( I'm not saying get me to lylo but I just wanna win Shine 2.0 as town again. That's why I've been trying so hard lol gotta keep that streak goin. It's not like you cant vote MMT and then turbo me tomorrow. Let's just kill dangerous scum MMT who has been coasting on how good of a poster she is and then loop back around to dumb ol Jimson

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Here's something.

Go look at Jimson's notebook again because it was suss as hell imo.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Go look at Jimson's notebook again because it was suss as hell imo.

It's easy for you though. You are confirmed town 120 no matter what because of you and quidad. But for the rest of us ol dummy towns we gotta watch what we say and do. So my note book was majority just people I had strong feelings about and then nothing. I know someone brought up OH JIMSON IS SCUM CUZ HE'S ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT! But for real? I'm only 1 vote and I don't even really push cases that hard. So its like... how is my note book suss when obviously everyone was feeling the same way.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

JimsonTheBetrayer (2): Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig, Truth Quark, Moatillata, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Moatillata, Truth Quark
Murmur Twin (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
VivaNova (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Li Dawny (0): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman
CapitalistPig (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
flerp (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, flerp, Flying Leatherman, Li Dawny, Moatillata, SirSamVimes, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 06th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours.

:cheers: The second post has been updated with all flips thus far. Sorry for the delay! :cheers:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Went back to check over the notebook, and his content in general, and what's there seems genuine. He was vocal and around for the lynching of two non-outfit when if he was scum, it would make sense for him to not do this very thing.

I think MMT is the scum.

##vote MMT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Here's something.

That argument willfully ignores the fact that I was casing tpink and that the only reason I didn't vote him was that it was early in the game day.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

That argument willfully ignores the fact that I was casing tpink and that the only reason I didn't vote him was that it was early in the game day.

Eh, I took a glance. I'm not hovering over my keyboard like a slavering beast trying to actively manipulate.

All I know is, you spent two game days voting for me. A claimed, Vanilla, Shine Cop when actual scum were getting voted out.

You can case all you want, but your conviction was elsewhere.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I find it strange that he put cCat on it, without mentioning any of the other lurkers. I also find it strange that his "strong feelings" for tpink stem from tpink asking to see the notebook.

And in the absence of any brewers claiming to give shine to Quid or Jimson N1 I can only assume Jimson is a lying sack of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah I'm not seeing the MMT thing, it seems like a stretch.

Jimson is probably scum

Vote jimson for a better tomorrow.

• Locked thread