Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Well in that case ##vote ninth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Actually, I've been trying to tone down things a bit since I came back a while ago. I've found that being overly aggressive is backfiring because the newer crop of Mafia people see aggression and badgering as a bad thing.

It sucks being old, man.

Boo, stop selling out, man. :byodood:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

O I'm still alive in this game

Thought for sure I'd be cuddled after scum claiming

I didn't know you scum claimed and someone scum claimed harder than you

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
whats happening this game

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was looking forward to a big fight between us too. You know, for old times sake. Oh well... :sigh:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

Well in that case ##vote ninth

drat dude I don't think I've played a game with you in about a year, what up

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I was looking forward to a big fight between us too. You know, for old times sake. Oh well... :sigh:

I might come out of retirement if there's something to actually confront.

In the meantime, come sit on my porch, have some lemonade, and we'll yell at these damned kids to get off my lawn.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i call everyone a fuckboy and baby back bitch because this is a game about being mean so smd

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Honestly I can barely muster up the same fire in Mafia games myself. Used to be this game would make me lose sleep if I thought I had a really good suspicion or if I was having a really good scum game. Times change :(

At least there's still politics to fire me up, and unlike Mafia everyone is scum so plenty of arguing!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

i call everyone a fuckboy and baby back bitch because this is a game about being mean so smd

:ghost:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Honestly I can barely muster up the same fire in Mafia games myself. Used to be this game would make me lose sleep if I thought I had a really good suspicion or if I was having a really good scum game. Times change :(

At least there's still politics to fire me up, and unlike Mafia everyone is scum so plenty of arguing!

I know exactly what you mean ninth. I used to take a break from hanging out with friends to see how flips turned out.

Now I'm all like "ugh the vast majority of these are such bad cases and the worst part is some of them have to be right who cares"

Btw I thought you were scum based on something you said yesterday, I forget what. I'll have to read back.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My only online activity is trolling.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

My only online activity is trolling.

This is a lie. Keane is incapable of any activity at all.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

I know exactly what you mean ninth. I used to take a break from hanging out with friends to see how flips turned out.

Now I'm all like "ugh the vast majority of these are such bad cases and the worst part is some of them have to be right who cares"

Btw I thought you were scum based on something you said yesterday, I forget what. I'll have to read back.

so make some good cases

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
I didn't like Kash's day 1 play at all. But today he's actually been asking good questions like to Meds and especially Keane. Kash was right, Keane had a strong reaction to the single unexplained vote and it was super defensive for no good reason. I'm leaning town on Kash now and scum on Keane, though I'm still more confident on Jedit scum. Jedit and Keane both being scum is looking pretty likely, they've had no direct interaction, just Keane's defence of the AA attack on Jedit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

This is a lie. Keane is incapable of any activity at all.

Come now, I'm not academic responses to one of your papers.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kasumeat posted:

I didn't like Kash's day 1 play at all. But today he's actually been asking good questions like to Meds

Those were good questions. For a five year old.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kasumeat posted:

I didn't like Kash's day 1 play at all. But today he's actually been asking good questions like to Meds and especially Keane. Kash was right, Keane had a strong reaction to the single unexplained vote and it was super defensive for no good reason. I'm leaning town on Kash now and scum on Keane, though I'm still more confident on Jedit scum. Jedit and Keane both being scum is looking pretty likely, they've had no direct interaction, just Keane's defence of the AA attack on Jedit.

Hi Kas I will play "let's ask you a bunch of questions"

What would Jedit have to do to make you believe he is town?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kasumeat posted:

*breaks bottle on wall* COME AT ME MOTHER FUCKER I'LL SHANK YOU SQUARE IN THE GULLIVER

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also just some constructive criticism of this game's ON NOTICE system: I would be very happy to see an Alasdair lynch here for his lurking but the ON NOTICE system actually discourages us from voting the lurker now because it gives us the promise of a free lynch on him tomorrow if we want to take it. If he's scum, it gives him the opportunity to make a bunch of spam posts by the end of the day to dodge the free lynch, then resume lurking, and repeat ad infinitum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

No don't kill Alasdair he's my friend. :(

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I've found I honestly prefer modding to playing, but playing takes a lot less investment.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Kas answer my inane question rather than musing over some lurker bullshit

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Those were good questions. For a five year old.

Perfect for you, then.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hi Kas I will play "let's ask you a bunch of questions"

What would Jedit have to do to make you believe he is town?

Uh, actually advance the cause? He's saying town has to ask questions to generate content, but instead of doing that he's just lurking and making nonsense cases.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

I've found I honestly prefer modding to playing, but playing takes a lot less investment.

congrats you're part of the problem!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

congrats you're part of the problem!

I didn't mean that I don't invest myself into the games I play, only that planning and running games takes a lot of time to get ready and playing.

I'm just finishing up my next game actually.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I only invest in pets.com . It's going to have a Renaissance, I know it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

I didn't mean that I don't invest myself into the games I play, only that planning and running games takes a lot of time to get ready and playing.

I'm just finishing up my next game actually.

I don't give a drat about your next game. You're in this one. Analyze the posts here and make content.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kasumeat posted:

Perfect for you, then.

Uh, actually advance the cause? He's saying town has to ask questions to generate content, but instead of doing that he's just lurking and making nonsense cases.

No, I didn't. I said scum have to manufacture content, so if you're Town it behooves you to make them justify their actions instead of giving them the answers.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

I don't give a drat about your next game. You're in this one. Analyze the posts here and make content.

Been playing plenty, and I'm sticking with my vote.

Otherwise I'd be voting you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Been playing plenty, and I'm sticking with my vote.

Otherwise I'd be voting you.

why Jedit, has anything changed as the day went on?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jedit posted:

No, I didn't. I said scum have to manufacture content, so if you're Town it behooves you to make them justify their actions instead of giving them the answers.

Fair enough, but I still don't see you doing anything pro-town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys, just got a line from joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjJJqW7Hrgc

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kasumeat posted:

Fair enough, but I still don't see you doing anything pro-town.

Two questions: 1) your case boils down to him not pushing anything. It seems to me that he just doesn't believe any cases out there. It seems you are suggesting that he should manufacture a case and push it, because he doesn't have any reads. How do you respond to this sick burn (inane question)

2) There are plenty of people not doing anything pro town, how does that make Jedit scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still got a hunch about infini from yesterday claiming that he wanted to put pressure on players to role fish, I don't think thats the outlook of a pro-town player

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

imgay posted:

I still got a hunch about infini from yesterday claiming that he wanted to put pressure on players to role fish, I don't think thats the outlook of a pro-town player

So do you just shitpost as scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You've been alot more helpful this game its very exciting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Where did Inf say that?

• Locked thread