Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Mmt and cpig scum team calling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I sign off on the Jim lynch!!

For good measure I reread mt~ she was down for killing pink.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm not opposed to lynching Jimson. If he flips town, we know who scum is. If he's scum, we caught a scum by their own admission so it's a win-win.

However if he is town. Then I'm most suspicious of Pig and of course MMT.

##vote Jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm going to put my ##vote: Jimson back up.

Since there was some discussion to this effect, I went back and looked, and I certainly wouldn't assign any weight to a Cat "scum call". There are exactly two posts from him that deal with Cat before lynch; one is a vote post, and the other is the notebook with total justification of "lurker, no content". He also...wasn't really super around for this one, just kind of came in and voted.

As far as tpink goes, it's kinda the same thing - he came in and voted after Adahn pointed out posting patterns, and the only thing that had come up before that is, once again, the notebook post. He was more present, but if you read his posts, he doesn't explain why he thinks tpink is scum, just posts a bunch calling him scum (I'm assuming based on Adahn's stuff, because there isn't a ton of justification anywhere else that I can see).

Basically I don't see how those votes provide any genuine town scumhunter feel.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

:shrug:
It was nice while it lasted :) at least me dying will tell us exactly who scum is :D ill hammer my self if we can't get votes.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

I sign off on the Jim lynch!!

For good measure I reread mt~ she was down for killing pink.

I guess I should mention the one thing that gives me pause is why the gently caress jimson would directly counterclaim someone who has consistently been considered more town than him. Seems like really terrible scum play.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova posted:

I guess I should mention the one thing that gives me pause is why the gently caress jimson would directly counterclaim someone who has consistently been considered more town than him. Seems like really terrible scum play.

Because she's lying and I don't want to bandy words with scum?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Because she's lying and I don't want to bandy words with scum?

What's her motive for claiming doc instead of backup?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jimson caught scum, calling it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also since....

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
jimson is -2

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will post so I get 10 posts today in case I don't get to post again before he is lynched.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I will post so I get 10 posts today in case I don't get to post again before he is lynched.

lol

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova posted:

What's her motive for claiming doc instead of backup?

No docs have been lynched. No one claimed doc. We've had back ups for every walk of life EXCEPT scum

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

No docs have been lynched. No one claimed doc. We've had back ups for every walk of life EXCEPT scum

Also how easy would it be for a scum to confirm there doc LOL VIVA ILL PROTECT YOU and then just never kill you.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Listen. One of us is scum no matter what we got caught in a possible lie so it really doesnt matter who you lynch. I just say lynch mmt first cuz you can always swoop back around and get me again. But how often are you gonna get traction on mmt?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Listen. One of us is scum no matter what we got caught in a possible lie so it really doesnt matter who you lynch. I just say lynch mmt first cuz you can always swoop back around and get me again. But how often are you gonna get traction on mmt?

Well I was holding out for you, but this post seems scummy.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Well I was holding out for you, but this post seems scummy.

Eh. Only because you think I'm scum. This is a common town post. I just want town to win.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Did we ever resolve who gave the shine to jimson? I know I didnt

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also if we lynch doc, scum nk then I think that may be game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Also if we lynch doc, scum nk then I think that may be game

Not game. That'd more than likely would put us at mylo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Not game. That'd more than likely would put us at mylo.

Actually we should have at least 2 more days.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Did we ever resolve who gave the shine to jimson? I know I didnt

Someone did the moment we figure that out then we know for sure.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
11:42am:

Murmur Twin posted:

Good morning!

I'm Vanilla {Doctor}. I started with one shine and targetted Quid on N2 - I figured he was near-confirmed town (Adahn's HV, Jake's RNV) and a hi-effort poster so he was a good potential kill candidate. This makes two Shine games in a row where I wasted my ability early for nothing and then slummed along as VT.

11:46am:

Ugh fine. Ill claim

I am a role cop. I got it from the lottery I guess. Idk podog messaged me and was like LOL PICK A ROLE so I said I wanted 2 be a role cop. I got 1 shine for the shine gods.

D1 I investigated Kb so you can imagine why I wouldn't wanna claim it then. And after d2.

Somewhere in here I got shine. Not sure who from... Maybe one of the redirected flerp put on me?

D2 I investigated Mmt and she came up Shine Back up.

If there's still any doubt on this, I'd like people to ask themselves why Jimson waited until four minutes after I claimed to claim I'm something else. And then why, after I claimed something other than what he investigated, he tacked "I investigated MMT and she's lying" at the end of a post about a bunch of other stuff.

If Jimson were town he would know I was scum and be going crazy trying to case me right now, not offhandedly mentioning that he can prove I lied.

I'm here for a few hours and will address anything wants me to if it helps people get a read on the situation.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Well, let's work it out.

North side aligned scum team
CURIOUSCAT - Boss
TPINK - rank and file

New york families
INFINITUM - boss
?????????? - rank and file

That would make 2 scum teams with 4 total scum. In this scenario we have 1 scum left.

Or

CURIOUSCAT - Boss
TPINK - rank and file

New york families
INFINITUM - boss

Which would leave at with 3 unknown scumbags and put us in a delicate position. Also I'm assuming with their bosses dead they probably all got rolled into the same scumdoc

I leave it to the more experienced players to judge. Which seems more likely based off the previous shine game and the size of the game

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Assuming role claims are right, Jimson couldn't have gotten any shine. Glowku died night 1, I took his role and gave mine to Adahn. Moat didn't give his to Jimson, either.

The alternative is that there's a scum brewer who lied about their role here and who gave Jimson shine before they knew what role he had, which is not credible

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I think you're supposed to be trying to case me here, not trying to get me lynched because "there's not enough material to get traction". :ssh:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Moatillata posted:

Well, let's work it out.

CURIOUSCAT - Boss
TPINK - rank and file

New york families
INFINITUM - boss

That would make 2 scum teams with 4 total scum. In this scenario we have 1 scum left.

Or

CURIOUSCAT - Boss
TPINK - rank and file

New york families
INFINITUM - boss

Which would leave at with 3 unknown scumbags and put us in a delicate position. Also I'm assuming with their bosses dead they probably all got rolled into the same scumdoc

I leave it to the more experienced players to judge. Which seems more likely based off the previous shine game and the size of the game

didnt tq already confirm that jimson was a solo boss

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I can't look right now - on phone - but I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that inf was solo 3p

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
We assume they are solo. Also 4 scum is far too few for a game of this size. 2 to 3 left.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Inf was a solo boss, my role PM indicates that pretty explicitly.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Flying Leatherman posted:

I can't look right now - on phone - but I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that inf was solo 3p

Tq said this at the start of d3 iirc.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

We assume they are solo. Also 4 scum is far too few for a game of this size. 2 to 3 left.

When I flip town who else you think is scum?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

This is what I am getting at. With 3 scum that means town loses majority if we mislynch right now. We should not rush this or think we can just lynch to test poo poo out

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

This is what I am getting at. With 3 scum that means town loses majority if we mislynch right now. We should not rush this or think we can just lynch to test poo poo out

There are 11 alive how do we lose majority.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The first part means nothing. We've established that people got whatever they asked for in the lotto.

I don't think we've Actually had any flipped backups so how does the second part make sense?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

There are 11 alive how do we lose majority.

Okay nvm just stopped and wrote it out. We have at least 2 more rounds

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Idk guys. Seems fishy 2 me tho why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I guess the main reason I felt you for scumbro is you posted in this really quick spurts of like 5 or 6 posts in 20 minutes then disappeared for hours then came back... I am willing to accept that you are busy but so am I idk the timing just seems to convenient with when TPINK is also posting and I don't think I've seen any real interactions between you two... but what do I know I'm just crazy ol Jimson.

Let's imagine for a second that Jimson did RC me N2. Which of these feels like a more genuine reaction?

(A) "MMT, can you claim your role?" (waits to see if I lie or tell the truth)

or

(B) not mention it or use that knowledge at all?

• Locked thread