Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Murmur Twin posted:

Let's imagine for a second that Jimson did RC me N2. Which of these feels like a more genuine reaction?

(A) "MMT, can you claim your role?" (waits to see if I lie or tell the truth)

or

(B) not mention it or use that knowledge at all?

Crazy
Ol
Jimson
Tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Murmur Twin posted:

I think you're supposed to be trying to case me here, not trying to get me lynched because "there's not enough material to get traction". :ssh:
I was pretty down on this game before but I gotta say it's made me laugh a bunch. :)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

VivaNova posted:

I was pretty down on this game before but I gotta say it's made me laugh a bunch. :)

:( y tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

good lord that's a lot of posts. time to start reading.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

VivaNova's posts in response to me calling her out on mafia momming were pretty defensive. Suspicions deepening.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also kinda suspicious of AA still being alive and without shine. You'd think that either someone would have given him some or killed him. Scum know just as much/little about the setup as we do, so they couldn't be sure that he wouldn't get shine.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

flerp posted:

redirector and its ok im not gonna let a scumbo keep me down!

Redirector is far more of a scum role than a town role. Hm.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

U never drew my av Jim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quark, I inherited Spymaster and used it last night. Four actions, not including mine.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SirSamVimes posted:

Redirector is far more of a scum role than a town role. Hm.

Are there any other interesting goings-on that you feel might be worth weighing in about?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

Are there any other interesting goings-on that you feel might be worth weighing in about?

Commenting and building opinions as I read. So far it's looking like the best vote is Jimson because of his contradictory claim but I'm waiting until I'm done catching up before I vote.

Also, I inherited from Hal.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also it's not contradictory. I inherited the role during the day phase, and then used it in the night.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova posted:

U never drew my av Jim.

I froze ur GIF at the worst time.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Quark, I inherited Spymaster and used it last night. Four actions, not including mine.

So one is unaccounted for atm, correct?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I froze ur GIF at the worst time.

Ha. Low effort but cute.

Fwiw I wanted u to be town~

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova posted:

Ha. Low effort but cute.

Fwiw I wanted u to be town~
Fwiw I am town

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I have a difficult time believing that for a few reasons but if you are town you gave us mt or possibly flerp and we'll still win so all is well.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova posted:

I have a difficult time believing that for a few reasons but if you are town you gave us mt or possibly flerp and we'll still win so all is well.

True :D
Also flerp is town cuz he is bae

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And caught up. ##vote jimson

That's -1

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

And caught up. ##vote jimson

That's -1

No it's -you

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Are Jimson and flerp actual lovers? Like the kill one they both die kind?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Are Jimson and flerp actual lovers? Like the kill one they both die kind?

Yes... he will commit seppuku if I die and vice versa.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Are we sure enough that Jimson is scum to risk taking out flerp as well? I'm hesitant to risk killing two towns in one swoop.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

Are we sure enough that Jimson is scum to risk taking out flerp as well? I'm hesitant to risk killing two towns in one swoop.

I'm 100% positive that Jimson is scum (and he never claimed to have the in-game role "lovers" with flerp), but even if Jimson is town it just means that I am lying and TQ will likely shoot me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, let me read again and I'll make a decision on if I feel as strongly as you apparently do.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, let me read again and I'll make a decision on if I feel as strongly as you apparently do.

They are not lovers dawn.

Tho i can't promise that flerp won't post his role pm following jims death.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

Please do!

Here is the reason I'm so sure (he's claiming to have rolecopped me and is lying about my role). Here is what I feel is a pretty valid point - that he had rolecopped me he wouldn't have cased me in the way that he did.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Don't forget to vote quark like we said [/b]##vote Jimson [/b]

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Don't forget to vote quark like we said [/b]##vote Jimson [/b]

##vote Jimson
:gary: :redhammer::yarg:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :boom: JimsonTheBetrayer :boom:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Awwwwww shiiiiiiit

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

JimsonTheBetrayer (6): Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig, Truth Quark, Moatillata, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Moatillata, Truth Quark, Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman, SirSamVimes, JimsonTheBetrayer
VivaNova (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Li Dawny (0): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman
CapitalistPig (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
flerp (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
Murmur Twin (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (5): flerp, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 06th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours.

"Folks have this saying - 'you win some, you lose some.' I never liked that one much. Sounds more like an excuse to lose to me - and I don't deal in excuses. You shouldn't either if you want to get ahead in this town."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 5:

pre:
User			Posts
Truth Quark 		323
Anomalous Amalgam 	302
Moatillata 		238
flerp 			182
VivaNova 		127
CapitalistPig 		109
Li Dawny 		84
Murmur Twin 		84
SirSamVimes 		68
Flying Leatherman 	44
:bravo: Nobody will be ON NOTICE for Day 6! Keep it up! :bravo:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This one was a struggle - she thrashed, flailed, and babbled all the way out the door. As the guns spat fire, an anonymous sigh - of relief? - swept throughout the remaining mobsters.

It was finally quiet. She was gone.

quote:

Mad Dog? That's crazy talk! And who says they're crazy? That's right, only crazy people do! So if they call me the Mad Dog, that means they're crazy. Yeah, that's right. And if they're crazy, then I'm not! That'd be dumb anyways. I'm not crazy. Everyone else is. It's all about the perception, you see. You just gotta look at things a little bit different than everyone else, and it all makes sense. Why wouldn't it? That'd be crazy otherwise. And I'm not crazy. Everyone else is. Well, maybe not everyone else, just most everyone else. Like seventy-six percent of everyone else. That guy's ears look a little off. Maybe seventy-seven percent? Call it close enough. That's me, crazy close! But I'm not crazy. I just like crazy things. Not crazy people though, that's sick. Those people need real help. Crazy good help. Is that an oxymoron? Would crazy good help help crazy people? Does that cancel out? Would that come out to just 'good people' then? Am I a genius? Of course I am! Anyone who says otherwise must be crazy!

But what if I made that all up just now, and nobody actually calls me the Mad Dog?

...Who's really crazy then?!

:rip: JimsonTheBetrayer, aka Gloria 'Doberman' Medaglia, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Redirector}, was executed on Day 5! :rip:

Night 5 begins now. You have ~17 hours from this post (before 7/7 12:00 PM EDT) to get me your night actions. Please let me know if you have an action and are not using it.

The Outfit's tattered remnants will continue their bloody deliberations tomorrow, 7/7 by 1:30 PM EDT.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You got lucky yesterday. Snuffed out one of those drat North Side gangsters, trying to worm their way in and rot the Outfit from within. But you aren't done yet - at least, that's what you figure the two corpses greeting you this morning would be saying, if they could still talk.

quote:

Cierra had a pretty face, and she knew how to use it. But there was just one thing slightly off - people didn't like it when she smiled. Said it had an edge to it - made her look hungry.

It made perfect sense, really. She was always looking for chances to get ahead in the Outfit, but more often than not things came up dry. No fault of her own - just circumstances. Tough luck. Try again next time. You can only hear those excuses so many times before they just crumble and blow away in the wind.

They were only a little bit wrong, in the end. She wasn't hungry. She was thirsty - thirsty for Shine, and the power it promised. There wasn't much she wouldn't do for just one drink...

:rip: Li Dawny, aka Cierra 'Smiler' Marchetta, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 5! :rip:

quote:

Brewing miracles gets a bit dull, after a while. Sure, your father started something amazing, and you carried on his dream for a few years. But this new city's put a different kind of fire in your belly - maybe you can finally have your own adventure, instead of dutifully following in others' footsteps? Forget the name of Ilsa Miloslovsky. That's all in the past now - time to be your own woman. The city, and its people's minds - with enough of your Shine, that is - are open to you...

:rip: VivaNova, aka Andrea 'The Whisper' Passalacqua, aka Ilsa Miloslovsky, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was filled with lead on Night 5! :rip:

:beerpal: Day 6 has begun! Deadline is Friday, July 8th, at 10:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 6 :beerpal:

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, flerp, Flying Leatherman, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Truth Quark :rubshands:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

"Some days you just don't have anything smart to say. On those days, you let your bullets - do the talking. They got a higher IQ than you do, count on it."

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Turns out Jimson wasn't stupid enough to list his entire team in the notebook but I still had to test it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
SSV, AA, Cpig is my order of scumminess. Viva was probably onto something hence her nk

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually put flerp in there right before cpig. I forgot he was in this game for second there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
AA was the only person trying to get the vote onto MMT yesterday.

• Locked thread