Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

I doctored myself.

And before anyone flips out, it was the first time I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##unvote

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kinda didn't want to have to claim, but I guess there it is.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I believe either JakeP or RF attempted a nk on LD.

##vote RF

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That gives us a fair bit of information.

We have an action chain of YPM -> IllegallySober -> Ninth -> JakeP -> Li Dawny -> Li Dawny.

Assuming that matches YPM's results we've cleared a lot of people from nightkilling or at least from attempting a nightkill.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Also the nightkiller could have targeted any of about half the game and hit the doctor block.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Also the nightkiller could have targeted any of about half the game and hit the doctor block.

It doesn't matter if RF originally targetted LD, he's the oddman out

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I saw myself, Jake P, LD, and RF visit my target.

I saw LD visit my target.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still a little confused on how visiting in this game actually works. For example why would JakeP show up as visiting Li Dawny but I wouldn't, even though I presumably visited JakeP who would then redirect to Li Dawny.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

Was I your target? Or was a bus driver involved?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

But based on those results I'd be inclined to think RF is the killer too.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Li Dawny posted:

Was I your target? Or was a bus driver involved?

IS was my initial target

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And I got passed down the chain like a whore

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm the backglass, alternate night hider. I wasn't hiding last night but I definitely don't have an action that targets people.

With your N1 results I figured it was some kind of fuckery and didn't see any point in claiming yet, but I defintiely didn't do anything last night, so either there's another witch type role or a disguiser or something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tonight's my night to hide again so if people want to directly test, I'll be untargetable by any actions

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think it's scummy that you didn't claim to have done nothing on day 2.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Anything the scum could have done to frame you would have had to be a huge coincidence to get the result I did because of all the redirectors. They would have just had to roll the dice and hope.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
For posterity, I don't think its relevant, but n2 I track TNL, and the result was whoever I tracked visited AW

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think it's scummy that you didn't claim to have done nothing on day 2.

:shrug: Didn't see much point in playing all my cards right away. If he'd specifically called me out like today maybe, but I figured it made more sense to wait it out

Anything the scum could have done to frame you would have had to be a huge coincidence to get the result I did because of all the redirectors. They would have just had to roll the dice and hope.

Every night action in this came is a big crap shoot.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

For posterity, I don't think its relevant, but n2 I track TNL, and the result was whoever I tracked visited AW

I swapped myself and AW. Not sure who you would have seen in that instance.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

:shrug: Didn't see much point in playing all my cards right away. If he'd specifically called me out like today maybe, but I figured it made more sense to wait it out

You didn't think it was noteworthy that you were seen targeting someone even though you did nothing?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

I swapped myself and AW. Not sure who you would have seen in that instance.

I think that CPig gave up on figuring that out because going back and looking, he literally confirmed that you, TNL, visited AW instead of keeping it vague like usual

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think that CPig gave up on figuring that out because going back and looking, he literally confirmed that you, TNL, visited AW instead of keeping it vague like usual

One of the reasons I rarely put in redirectors in my games and never put them in with a roleblocker on top. Good luck trying to figure out what happens when a roleblocker targets a busdriver who redirected himself with someone else, or worse, what happens to a roleblocker who targets the person the busdriver redirected themselves with.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

I am aware. My point is that it doesn't make much sense to frame you in particular when they don't even know how they are going to be able to frame you.

Plus I don't think scum have framing elements that aren't redirecting

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am aware. My point is that it doesn't make much sense to frame you in particular when they don't even know how they are going to be able to frame you.

Plus I don't think scum have framing elements that aren't redirecting

They straight up had a witch so it's not outside the realm of possibility. All I know is I didn't go anywhere last night.

The Ninth Layer posted:

You didn't think it was noteworthy that you were seen targeting someone even though you did nothing?

No. Not when his result was "Everyone except this one guy"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

They straight up had a witch so it's not outside the realm of possibility. All I know is I didn't go anywhere last night.

No. Not when his result was "Everyone except this one guy"

A witch, as far as I know, is a type of redirector. And when you know that my result could be faulty, yeah, it is noteworthy. But it wasn't faulty because you are scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My understanding is that a witch makes Target A try to kill Target B, so it would work on non-active roles. That's how I've always implemented them

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would like for RF to be murdered violently

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:(

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sorry buddy but unless CPig comes in with "lol I messed up you saw RF reading a bible" you gotta die

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Li Dawny who did you target on the other nights?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JakeP posted:

Li Dawny who did you target on the other nights?

N1 AR
N2 Dongbot
N3 YPM because even if we don't agree on things I'm fairly certain he's town
N4 myself

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote RF Li Dawny is def the doc, so is more likely town, leaving RF as the last person in my scum bucket on my bucket listTM

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Retro Futurist (2): Your Personal Muse, JakeP
Li Dawny (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse

Not Voting (6): dongsbot 9000, IllegallySober, Li Dawny, Retro Futurist, The Ninth Layer, tpink

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I believe either JakeP or RF attempted a nk on LD.

Seems legit. ##vote RF

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
He is certainly a sCUM bucket

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
For anyone confused, I realized I made a typo. I saw myself, jakeP, RF, and LD visit my target, and I saw my target visit LD.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I'm seeing it now. ##vote RF

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean no big loss if you kill me I guess but I have a very easily verified action tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That's true only town can be hiders

pretend I said that in a really obnoxious and sarcastic way

• Locked thread