Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Was voting imgay to see a claim, as the thread was heading that way earlier. Not seeing the push any longer

Voting jedit seems opportunistic as the dude says he's out for a bit, but it was dumb to unvote

Are we voting Dongbutt to see a claim?

Jimbo running a dumb rear end gambit hours out from Lynch?

It's 4:30am in Sydney. I'm warm in bed. I'll be up properly before lynch, but for now.. who we voting for realsies? Not much to go on D1.

Gimme some real talk ppl

Infinitum posted:

Gonna vote Jimbo until we see a claim. Congrats on activating your trap card.

##vote Jimson

Why dongs tho? Just to see him claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
On one hand, that is suspicious. On the other hand I really liked him sending jimbo to the shadow realm.

But yeah its a stupid thing for him to do. I'm not sure scum would be so brazen though. But its such a loving weird way to vote someone. I will have to ponder this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Where did Inf say that?

The worst part is inf has had no scum reads so far that he has cased at all. It was just to get claims, and then nothing for justifying Me

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Two questions: 1) your case boils down to him not pushing anything. It seems to me that he just doesn't believe any cases out there. It seems you are suggesting that he should manufacture a case and push it, because he doesn't have any reads. How do you respond to this sick burn (inane question)

2) There are plenty of people not doing anything pro town, how does that make Jedit scum?

I made it pretty clear if you just look over my posts. His serious criticism of Meds jokepost, and his lame case on Moat. I'm not saying he's the only poster being useless, but of the useless poster, he's the most actively scummy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kasumeat posted:

I made it pretty clear if you just look over my posts. His serious criticism of Meds jokepost, and his lame case on Moat. I'm not saying he's the only poster being useless, but of the useless poster, he's the most actively scummy.

You just said that he is not being pro town, which is different than actively scummy

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
I'm very clearly saying that he's both.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Ok I think Kas believes that poo poo and I'm going to ##vote Inf

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Two questions: 1) your case boils down to him not pushing anything. It seems to me that he just doesn't believe any cases out there.

It's not that I didn't believe any cases, there simply weren't any on Day 1. Everyone was away or drunk for the 4th of July weekend. The game didn't pick up until the last five hours before deadline, which unfortunately coincided with my regular Tuesday boardgame night.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Jedit posted:

It's not that I didn't believe any cases, there simply weren't any on Day 1. Everyone was away or drunk for the 4th of July weekend. The game didn't pick up until the last five hours before deadline, which unfortunately coincided with my regular Tuesday boardgame night.

It seems weird that you are at all worried about what I just said. Yes, you didn't believe in any cases. Neither did I.

Tell me more about this Moat case. You've been mostly defending yourself which I can understand, so tell me about this case you have.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I feel like there are a lot of cases floating around that are just sliding by me. If you think you have a good case please sum it up and I will take a look at it.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

The Ninth Layer posted:

I feel like there are a lot of cases floating around that are just sliding by me. If you think you have a good case please sum it up and I will take a look at it.

jedit dropped off the imgay vote to hedge, backed off mafia dadding the second he had heat and played it off as a joke, and he's also contributed very little besides half-assedly defending himself

also he's a real piece of poo poo

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Jedit posted:

what games u play

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

gently caress, I'm feeling Jedit hard now. Lot of effort to shift away from him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

gently caress, I'm feeling Jedit hard now. Lot of effort to shift away from him.

That's because certain people are taking every little thing as an excuse to put it back on me, and if I ignore their lame cases they'll use that as an excuse to put it back on me. If you let it stay there you'll get a second mislynch and Town won't have talked about anyone else.

YPM - the case against Moat is pretty much all in the same post as the vote. AR voted me with no explanation, Moat came in immediately to hold his hand. Since then AR has declared that he's tunneled on me, which is nice for him as it relieves him of any further responsibility to make cases for himself. Thinking about it more I may be more inclined to think AR is scum than Moat. But, neither of them has yet responded to my asking how I'm supposed to have Mafia dadded. I can see AR not doing so because he doesn't know, but for Moat to broach it as a thought implies he had a reason for doing so. As is he's just casting shade on me without basis.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jedit posted:

That's because certain people are taking every little thing as an excuse to put it back on me, and if I ignore their lame cases they'll use that as an excuse to put it back on me. If you let it stay there you'll get a second mislynch and Town won't have talked about anyone else.

YPM - the case against Moat is pretty much all in the same post as the vote. AR voted me with no explanation, Moat came in immediately to hold his hand. Since then AR has declared that he's tunneled on me, which is nice for him as it relieves him of any further responsibility to make cases for himself. Thinking about it more I may be more inclined to think AR is scum than Moat. But, neither of them has yet responded to my asking how I'm supposed to have Mafia dadded. I can see AR not doing so because he doesn't know, but for Moat to broach it as a thought implies he had a reason for doing so. As is he's just casting shade on me without basis.

Right, and scum would have good motivation to throw it on you if you were town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Real quick you were complaining about imgay's playstyle. Also dongs playstyle. Mafia dadding. Dunno why it's gotta be so hostile. I was actually calling out AR because I didn't really get the conviction behind his vote

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Moatillata posted:

Real quick you were complaining about imgay's playstyle. Also dongs playstyle. Mafia dadding.

Last game I was in with imgay he falsified a Daycop claim, forced a Town PR to claim, and then doubled down on the lie to get the guy lynched. I've got a right to complain about his playstyle. dongsbot I haven't mentioned at all, unless you count an indirect mention in an obvious joke post.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jedit posted:

Last game I was in with imgay he falsified a Daycop claim, forced a Town PR to claim, and then doubled down on the lie to get the guy lynched. I've got a right to complain about his playstyle. dongsbot I haven't mentioned at all, unless you count an indirect mention in an obvious joke post.

so wait you're saying the whole anti-shitposter thing was a joke?

because yeah imgay did sorta gently caress that up badly but i took offense

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
God drat it all 90% of everyone's arguments are meta from games I have never played. How can I speak to this crap?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Moatillata posted:

God drat it all 90% of everyone's arguments are meta from games I have never played. How can I speak to this crap?

I don't know I'm ignoring it but check that poo poo out about Inf its pretty good

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It is odd because he has been pretty absent from the thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

jedit dropped off the imgay vote to hedge, backed off mafia dadding the second he had heat and played it off as a joke, and he's also contributed very little besides half-assedly defending himself

also he's a real piece of poo poo

We didn't lynch imgay, so this is probably the absolute most non-sense I've ever seen you post. We have no idea what imgay's alignment is, so it's moot on how Jedit hedged. Also he didn't back off mafia dadding from heat, it was because people were dicks about it. Jedit has definitely put forward questions, so stop misrepresenting him/tunneling.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

On one hand, that is suspicious. On the other hand I really liked him sending jimbo to the shadow realm.

But yeah its a stupid thing for him to do. I'm not sure scum would be so brazen though. But its such a loving weird way to vote someone. I will have to ponder this.

I'm pretty sure infinitums middle name is brazen

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

We didn't lynch imgay, so this is probably the absolute most non-sense I've ever seen you post. We have no idea what imgay's alignment is, so it's moot on how Jedit hedged. Also he didn't back off mafia dadding from heat, it was because people were dicks about it. Jedit has definitely put forward questions, so stop misrepresenting him/tunneling.

Thank you Kash you are a true hero

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

eh i guess

still would like a clarification from jedit

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

hmm i re-read and i disagree with myself. what i saw as unwillingness to be dragged into the conversation was just indifference. ##unvote

i do think the couple of cases and lines of logic keane is taking are all fabricated as all hell though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

eh i guess

still would like a clarification from jedit

????

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

like this is all just pointless grandstanding. either vote for jedit or don't. the only thing this post achieves is create a playing narrative, rather than advance any case in any way whatsoever.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

i asked him if he was seriously joking regarding his whole tirade against lower case posting

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

like this is all just pointless grandstanding. either vote for jedit or don't. the only thing this post achieves is create a playing narrative, rather than advance any case in any way whatsoever.

Have you considered biting me?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

That post is pointless grandstanding, he said, in a post that is itself pointless grandstanding.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

My case on Kash is:

AR started the day by listing me among scummy people then dropping a vote on jedit.

Kash came in, dropped a vote on me without explanation, then tried to shift the vote away from Jedit.

When push for an explanation for his vote on me, Kash says I usually react when voted

Kash citing my meta/using meta is a move he has done before as scum in order to excuse scummy votes

Kash is using me calling bullshit on him as an example of my scumminess. This is nonsense on it's face, but particularly when he previously said that voting me usually gets a strong reaction. If he was expecting a strong reaction and he got one, that is indicative that I am playing as I usually do, and is a null tell. This isn't what he did, however. By his own words I usually react strongly, so surely this is just how I play?

Kash is making a nonsense case and citing meta as a means of excusing himself from having to make a meaningful case. This is scummy.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and your case on jedit is that you are voting and casing kash? :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

WELP ONLY ONE PERSON CAN BE SCUM I GUESS/YOU CANT LOOK AT OTHER POSSIBILITIES INSPECTOR ERNIE IS ON THE CASE

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Whoa loving Nelly hold the phone there mister, I notice you are saying something is possible when you also said something else is possible only one thing is possible in this here town and hats witchcraft that's right im a witch and if you look down you will see that you are now a frog welcome to the ambizone population you and like a newt or two

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

look, i'm just asking you to clarify your case on jedit. can you do that?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Keane, once again I haven't called you scum not cited meta as a reason for scumminess, just a reaction. What is with you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

look, i'm just asking you to clarify your case on jedit. can you do that?

My case on jedit is that I am very uncomfortable with the shift away from Jedit that seems to have brewed and has happened without good cases (except mine, on Kash) having been made and without a good defense happening. That often happens when player is scum since scum are motivated to continue nailing town to the wall and if momentum exists it is in their interest to push it.

You're welcome for the mafia 101 lesson that'll be 250 dollars.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Keane, once again I haven't called you scum not cited meta as a reason for scumminess, just a reaction. What is with you

Kashuno posted:

Clearly I elicited a strong reaction from you because that's what happened. I voted you because I had no reads and wanted to get something rolling. You got defensive and have thrown out bizarre conjecture that doesn't follow logically.

I haven't called you a motherfucker, I just say you sleep in the same bed as yor mother and both of you can frequently be hear moaning the call of the beast with two backs oh also I think you wanted to borrow this *drops copy of Oedipus on floor*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

My case on jedit is that I am very uncomfortable with the shift away from Jedit that seems to have brewed and has happened without good cases (except mine, on Kash) having been made and without a good defense happening. That often happens when player is scum since scum are motivated to continue nailing town to the wall and if momentum exists it is in their interest to push it.

You're welcome for the mafia 101 lesson that'll be 250 dollars.

Ah now I understand. Can you, in no uncertain terms, list three players (other than yourself of course) who shifted momentum away from Jedit (and therefore could be hypothetical scum)?

• Locked thread