Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

FredMSloniker posted:

So I got Duskers and played around with it a bit. I like that the story progress persists across resets. I don't like that I just spent an hour searching a derelict with lots and lots and lots of rooms, carefully maneuvering to space, destroy, and/or avoid any aliens I could, then got ambushed by alien out of nowhere on my way back to the ship and lost all my drones. I'm going to sit down with the manual, but just in case, can someone throw together/point me to a 'so you just started playing Duskers' FAQ that might explain where I went wrong?

Which enemy type ambushed your drones? If it was a nano swarm, I think they can spawn from rooms with air vents even if you've already eliminated the ones that start on the ship, and if it was the slime/grey goo, you can stop it temporarily but it can move through doors (and walls?) if you don't eradicate it completely. Those are really the only ones I can think of that might be an issue on a ship you believe you already cleared.

Also, that actually sounds like a typical session for me :shrug:

Bruteman fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Re Duskers guy

The bug swarms can only ambush you from rooms with vents. Once the slime starts spawning, they can come out of pretty much nowhere, so the best thing you can do once you start seeing them is to navigate a drone through a route manually to make sure it's safe and make a habit of tabbing back to your generator drone(s) every so often to make sure there isn't any creeping up on you. Slime moves very slowly, but it doesn't trigger motion sensors. Just be careful about clearing out routes when you're trying to move a bunch of drones at once. Slime is the big reason I never ever use auto navigate to enter unexplored rooms no matter how small they are.

For the bees, though, the biggest thing is to close off rooms with vents and don't camp drones in rooms with one period if you can at all help it. If you absolutely have to camp out in a room with a vent when you haven't been able to confirm if bees are on a ship or not yet (generally by the number of infestation types in a ship description and what you've already seen -- if infestation types is listed as "??" assume there is ALWAYS a possibility), only put one drone in there at a time and consider ignoring that room entirely. It's almost never worth the risk even if it means dumping and running on a wreck very early.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 6, 2016

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Tollymain posted:

i find that i don't play the "mash my face against every wall" game in roguelikes nearly as much as i do in non-procedurally generated games because if that knowledge of where the secret's hiding isn't going to help future games the reward:effort ratio goes way the gently caress down

How many times do you replay the average non-procedural game?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You might look into how Teleglitch handles crafting. Basically you select an item, and it'll tell you all the recipes you can make with the item. Select a recipe, it'll highlight the other items used in it; click and bam, you have the new item.

Since Dredmor has somewhat more recipes than Teleglitch does, you'll probably need to refine this a bit, but I think it's still a reasonable basis to work from.

Dredmor has a bunch of problems with crafting, and the UI is only part of it; off the top of my head, I can think of:
- the UI is kind of awkward
- the UI is really awkward for crafts with lots of intermediate steps, which is most high-level crafts
- whether you can actually make things or not is totally random for most items, since it depends on blueprints; having the skill and the materials does nothing if you don't ever find the blueprint
- crafting materials take up a lot of room in the inventory
- lots of equipment is also used as inputs to crafting, taking up even more room in the inventory and encouraging you to pick up every random piece of crap in the dungeon

Fixing the inventory UI addresses some of this, and the "first draft" will probably just be an exact recreation of the Dredmor crafting system. But longer term I'd like to try to overhaul it into something more interesting.

I wrote a lot about possible plans for changing the crafting system, and there was some discussion downthread of that kicking around various ideas. I think my current favourite idea for a crafting redesign is to make a dramatic game-changer like Vampirism or Killer Vegan; blueprints would no longer be mandatory, but only crafting materials or artifacts would drop; you'd be limited to what you can craft + quest/zoo rewards.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Played WASTED some more yesterday, here's my opinions thus far:
-Love the parody aspects of everything, it all fits extremely well. It took me say too long to catch onto SoB = BoS though.
-Gameplay is solid. Could be better, but is pretty far ahead of Fallout 3/4 in terms of responsiveness and streamlining though (the inventory limit being slots instead of weight is also very good).
-The level gen starts out strong, but becomes extremely disappointing after a couple runs. Sure, each set of 3 levels has a unique layout in terms of room variety, but you have most likely seen every unique room for a layout after two levels, much less every repeat visit to those levels upon death/new Cooler run. Additionally, the mechanic of Booze/Hangovers kicks you out and forces retreading through these samey levels constantly. Sometimes the rooms have guaranteed loot spots, which makes it more repetitious
-Gun variety kind of stinks, since some weapons are almost always better than others due to the advantage of wanting either a weapon that staggers (Duzis outclass basically every normal pistol on damage and fire rate, and then are replaced by Ratatats or Greasers which do pretty much the same thing) or one hit kills. Melee also seems that way, with the exception of the baseball bat vs the crowbar and any other melee weapon.
-The quests were amazing, but then dried up really quickly. They were good distractions for repeating the same content, but now the only thing on my quest log is to dive deeper (my current farthest is Administration 10 and out on Cooler 1, don't know how many other areas exist or if all the back story is just enemy fluff right now). Randomized quests, both in and outside of the Cooler, could do a lot to improve the variety.
-I almost wish I could have an Ironman mode where I can drink a Booze per layout/section and continue diving instead of returning home after every drink. I feel like I have to choose between cool powers with repeated content, or no powers with new content.

It's a fun little game, but it needs more variety to stay interesting, so hopefully it either gets new content patched in or the ability to mod in more room types.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Can someone give me some advice on how to deal with that vampire wisp boss in Ignis Caverna? If I get up close, he murders me quickly; if I try ranged, he murders me slowly. And the only 'walkthroughs' I can find are YouTube videos, which I refuse to watch on the basic principle of 'I'll learn everything I don't want spoiled in five seconds and have to sit through two hours of Zany Internet Guy to find the cunningly hidden actually useful information'. I'd especially like advice for the Archer.

E: It would help if my post said 'Sproggiwood' in it somewhere huh.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 6, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ToxicFrog posted:

Dredmor has a bunch of problems with crafting, and the UI is only part of it; off the top of my head, I can think of:
- the UI is really awkward for crafts with lots of intermediate steps, which is most high-level crafts
- lots of equipment is also used as inputs to crafting, taking up even more room in the inventory and encouraging you to pick up every random piece of crap in the dungeon

Haven't played Dredmore but from what I have played I'd like to bring up another point you could consider: minimal intermediate parts.
In a lot of rogue-likes/lights that I have/currently play there's generally a four step process to crafting: Gather Raw Material -> Refine Material -> Make Parts -> Make Item.
More and more often I find myself annoyed at the 'Make Parts' stage, especially if those parts have no use other than to be made into items. It's realistic but it's also extremely time consuming, which is a problem when one of the central points of the game is crafting cool stuff.

Another realistic take that I like much better is something Wayward (survival roguelike on Steam) does. In order to make a stone axe, you need a sharp stone and a smooth stick. Both are easy to make from stones/sticks, but the Sharp Stone also serves as a similar tool to the axe (it is sharp, you can cut things with it,) and the smooth stick is still a stick and can do all of a normal stick's things so you're not making 'useless' parts.

Also consider having items be deconstruct able, to solve the equipment point.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont mind having the intermediate parts but i really wish more games would let me click on the 4 leather straps in the recipe and create them right there if i have the mats rather than going and finding the leather strap recipe, making 4 and then going back to what i wanted to make first.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dross posted:

How many times do you replay the average non-procedural game?

i play a looooot of dark souls and just picked up 2/sotfs on the steam sale

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Haven't played Dredmore but from what I have played I'd like to bring up another point you could consider: minimal intermediate parts.
In a lot of rogue-likes/lights that I have/currently play there's generally a four step process to crafting: Gather Raw Material -> Refine Material -> Make Parts -> Make Item.
More and more often I find myself annoyed at the 'Make Parts' stage, especially if those parts have no use other than to be made into items. It's realistic but it's also extremely time consuming, which is a problem when one of the central points of the game is crafting cool stuff.

Another realistic take that I like much better is something Wayward (survival roguelike on Steam) does. In order to make a stone axe, you need a sharp stone and a smooth stick. Both are easy to make from stones/sticks, but the Sharp Stone also serves as a similar tool to the axe (it is sharp, you can cut things with it,) and the smooth stick is still a stick and can do all of a normal stick's things so you're not making 'useless' parts.

As a roguelike player, agree with this on all points.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

So I finally have a working inventory in TTYmor! You can pick up, drop, and examine items.

Very cool.

What exactly is "tty"? And since this is a Dredmore "demake" how did you get the opportunity to tinker with their code?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Wish cryptic comet would sell their games on steam or some other platform. They are really cool games, but their publishing and pricing method is stuck at 'indie dev from the early 2000s'.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Very cool.

What exactly is "tty"? And since this is a Dredmore "demake" how did you get the opportunity to tinker with their code?

tty is a shorthand/nickname for "terminal emulator" these days (especially in *nix land where they often were evolved from real teletypes or compatible with them): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_emulator

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You might look into how Teleglitch handles crafting. Basically you select an item, and it'll tell you all the recipes you can make with the item. Select a recipe, it'll highlight the other items used in it; click and bam, you have the new item.

Since Dredmor has somewhat more recipes than Teleglitch does, you'll probably need to refine this a bit, but I think it's still a reasonable basis to work from.

Teleglitch's inventory and crafting systems are minimalistic masterpieces, imo. I would love more games to take influence from that.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

tty basically means that you can run it in a terminal, like the roguelikes of old. Among other things, this means you're limited to text characters (no tile graphics), no sound, and you can play the game over an SSH (remote login) session. That last item is the big selling point for tty-based roguelikes, really.

Also, ToxicFrog doesn't have the code, they're just remaking the game from scratch, more or less. You'd still need the Dredmor XML files (which contain all the item/enemy definitions) to play ttymor, though.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Empyrion handles crafting sort of oddly. It makes you craft all the components, and the components of the components, and the components of the components of the components, and just when you can't take this any longer (if you know what you're doing), you get the necessary equipment to make a crafting station that will automate building subcomponents on an as-needed basis (which means you can shovel in any combination of raw materials and intermediary steps and have it use them intelligently). Personally, I'd rather the improved crafting station was improved in a way other than 'eliminates needless tedium', but I was nonetheless reminded of it by crafting chat.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

EponymousMrYar posted:

I figure there's no point to the intermediary stages except as some sort of time sink, so what I'm working on (Cold-Tek) it goes directly from Raw Material -> Make Item. The player can assume their character does all the steps in between automatically and they don't have to sit there clicking or waiting for 100 iron ingots or whatever to process. Personally I don't have the patience for that kind of stuff (tons of intermediary step and annoying recipes) unless it's an MMO and there's no alternative to crafting.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 7, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

FredMSloniker posted:

Empyrion handles crafting sort of oddly.

Empyrion is a game I really like and while it's not quite that bad but yeah, broken down it's stages are Raw -> Refined -> Simple Components -> Complex Components -> Item with the components being a major time sink. It's perfectly logical but it's still grating on the nerves.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah, Dredmor has a lot of intermediate crafting like this, both in the form of busywork intermediate crafts (e.g. {copper,tin} ore -> {copper,tin} ingots -> bronze ingots -> slotted bronze discs -> Clockwork Piezoblade; everything in that chain up to the Piezoblade is useful only as a crafting input) and in the form of crafting recipes that take existing equipment as input (e.g. steel ingots -> steel shortsword -> steel longsword -> triple razor sword). At minimum the new crafting UI will need to automatically craft all of those intermediate steps for you, because gently caress doing that by hand. (Eliminating the intermediate steps entirely is possible, but also has balance implications around e.g. loot generation, so is something I'd approach more cautiously.)

(According to nvining, the dredmor crafting system was originally added as a joke, riffing on the awkward and overly complicated crafting systems present in other games. At some point it turned into an actual part of gameplay, but stayed awkward and overly complicated.)

quote:

If I'm making dramatic changes to crafting gameplay like that, I think I'm more likely to go all the way and go with the "equipment never drops at all, only its equivalent amount of crafting materials" idea discussed earlier for characters who have taken crafting skills.

What exactly is "tty"?
No Safe Word and TooMuchAbstraction beat me to it. In the case of this project specifically, it means I'm aiming for compatibility with XTerm, which mostly emulates the DEC VT220 but also has a bunch of extensions that I make use of, like ISO-8613-3 colour support. (In practice I do most of my testing in Konsole, which behaves mostly the same as XTerm.)

I also have plans for a non-tty mode, using the love2d game framework -- that's pretty much a necessity if I want windows support, since windows doesn't come with a useful terminal emulator out of the box -- but working on it hasn't been a priority yet.

quote:

And since this is a Dredmore "demake" how did you get the opportunity to tinker with their code?
I didn't! This is written from scratch, based on playing the game and looking at how it behaves. nvining (one of the devs) posts in this thread and has kindly answered a few questions about things such as the map generation algorithm, but I have no access to the Dredmor source code and TTYmor doesn't include any Dredmor code.

That said, all the item/room/spell/enemy definitions in Dredmor are stored in XML files that anyone can read. TTYmor loads these on startup rather than trying to re-create the data. (And yes, this means you need a Dungeons of Dredmor install for TTYmor to function at all, although in theory someone could write cleanroom replacements for the XML files a la FreeDOOM -- at that point it becomes a "dredmor-alike" game engine running with different game data.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I am very, very saddened that he didn't keep doing computer board games.

Solium Infernum, some exploits notwithstanding, is amazing beyond belief.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I dumped 500 Lutefisk in Dredmor (said that the thread seems to have died, RIP) and the statue gave me a loving Gnomish Cap.

I was wearing a Crown of Yellow that was infinitely better. gently caress. :negative: I don't want to do that ever again now.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Would it help at all to be able to cram ingredients into a partial recipe? Get the crap out of your inventory, until you have enough for the final product. Maybe even have an option to automatically put new pickups into the recipe you're working on, so you don't have to think about it.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Can someone give me some advice on how to deal with that vampire wisp boss in Ignis Caverna? If I get up close, he murders me quickly; if I try ranged, he murders me slowly. And the only 'walkthroughs' I can find are YouTube videos, which I refuse to watch on the basic principle of 'I'll learn everything I don't want spoiled in five seconds and have to sit through two hours of Zany Internet Guy to find the cunningly hidden actually useful information'. I'd especially like advice for the Archer.

E: It would help if my post said 'Sproggiwood' in it somewhere huh.

With the archer, I just blasted it repeatedly with the level 3 Shoot Arrow - possibly found a potion of stamina? Beating him with the vampire seemed impossible (and I'm only on Normal!) until I thought of spawning ghosts and using Enthrall to regenerate HP endlessly while meleeing it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I managed to beat the vampire by gearing for a damage race instead of mob control. It was just a matter of getting to it without anything getting too crazy on the way there. Thanks for tips I might be able to use later!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Another Sproggiwood question - is the wizard intended to be "wizard mode"? The missile/yeti can kill things awfully quickly, and level 2 teleport is essentially invincibility + infinite experience (the decoys give you stamina + exp when enemies kill them, and the spell doesn't even take time).

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.
Just heard about this game today, and it's 14 days into the KS. Action roguelike. Look at all this foom!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/contingent99/wizard-of-legend

Demo available too: https://contingent99.itch.io/wizard-of-legend-kickstarter-demo

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Artificer posted:

I dumped 500 Lutefisk in Dredmor (said that the thread seems to have died, RIP) and the statue gave me a loving Gnomish Cap.

I was wearing a Crown of Yellow that was infinitely better. gently caress. :negative: I don't want to do that ever again now.

Fisking is basically never worth it; no matter how much you've saved up (even if you're minmaxing your fisking), you're almost certainly already wearing something better than what you'd get for sacrificing it.

It's due for a major overhaul in ttymor, I think. The link earlier has more details, but since fisking is already useless and the pocket dimension effectively becomes useless with infinite inventory space, I'm wondering if I could combine the two -- spend small amounts of lutefisk in the pocket dimension for benefits (healing, say, or temporary buffs you can carry with you back into the dungeon), or larger amounts for permanent upgrades that in turn make the temporary benefits more effective. I'm not sure how lutefisk statues play into this, though -- maybe you can access the pocket dimension anywhere but only upgrade it via statues?

Tendales posted:

Would it help at all to be able to cram ingredients into a partial recipe? Get the crap out of your inventory, until you have enough for the final product. Maybe even have an option to automatically put new pickups into the recipe you're working on, so you don't have to think about it.

This is less of an issue in ttymor because your inventory is infinite and categorized, and I could even move crafting items into a separate screen if necessary. In OG Dredmor you have strictly limited inventory space, which makes the profusion of crafting materials much more painful.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tollymain posted:

i find that i don't play the "mash my face against every wall" game in roguelikes nearly as much as i do in non-procedurally generated games because if that knowledge of where the secret's hiding isn't going to help future games the reward:effort ratio goes way the gently caress down

This is one of the things I've always liked the most about the genre. Not feeling obligated to hunt down and clear every secret takes a lot of pressure off. The worst is when finding all the dumb secrets is required to unlock the plot or get the good ending. (I mean, this is true in quite a few RL games too but usually by the time you get there it's pretty obvious what you should be doing and you don't have to back to a floor 35 levels up to find the secret magic pot you missed that was hidden in the secret room off-screen accessible only by double jumping. loving god drat Wario World.)

madjackmcmad posted:

Just heard about this game today, and it's 14 days into the KS. Action roguelike. Look at all this foom!

Demo available too: https://contingent99.itch.io/wizard-of-legend-kickstarter-demo

I'm always really, really, really skeptical when a kickstarter game comes up with a sub-100k funding goal. I feel like these projects don't get completed more often than not because they run out of money pretty close to immediately. No physical backer rewards is a good sign, though, as is the game already being 2 years in development. I'll probably kick this a few bucks.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 7, 2016

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

Fisking is basically never worth it; no matter how much you've saved up (even if you're minmaxing your fisking), you're almost certainly already wearing something better than what you'd get for sacrificing it.

It's due for a major overhaul in ttymor, I think. The link earlier has more details, but since fisking is already useless and the pocket dimension effectively becomes useless with infinite inventory space, I'm wondering if I could combine the two -- spend small amounts of lutefisk in the pocket dimension for benefits (healing, say, or temporary buffs you can carry with you back into the dungeon), or larger amounts for permanent upgrades that in turn make the temporary benefits more effective. I'm not sure how lutefisk statues play into this, though -- maybe you can access the pocket dimension anywhere but only upgrade it via statues?

Keep lutefisk useless, in the spirit of the original :colbert:
Alternatively, have your final score modified by lutefisk donation count, but by using an obscured formula that randomly punishes your score instead of improving it within certain ranges and on certain numbers, so that nobody can figure out how it works.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Floodkiller posted:

Keep lutefisk useless, in the spirit of the original :colbert:
Alternatively, have your final score modified by lutefisk donation count, but by using an obscured formula that randomly punishes your score instead of improving it within certain ranges and on certain numbers, so that nobody can figure out how it works.

Obscure formulas are a no-go since ttymor is open source. :colbert:

I want to do something with it, though.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
"Something fishy is going on here"
*fish item appears that's basically an upgrade hammer to apply to one of your items*

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

ToxicFrog posted:

Obscure formulas are a no-go since ttymor is open source. :colbert:

I want to do something with it, though.

Maybe something where sacrificing lutefisk gives you temporary-but-long-lasting buffs, better buffs the more you sacrifice at one time, but you get no benefit from sacrificing less lutefisk than your last sacrifice. Like, if L_n = amount of lutefisk sacrificed the nth time, then the power of the buffs = (L_n - L_(n-1)) / L_(n-1). Or something like that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

madjackmcmad posted:

That combat looks pretty fun, wonder how it plays. Somewhat similar to one of the ideas I wanted to eventually make, but with giant fuckoff magic added. Nice.

Might have to look further into that when I get home.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Item information is now shown in the HUD when focusing an item in any menu:

This makes the "examine" verb somewhat redundant, but as I add more item components, the full examine window will get increasingly large. At that point I'll be introducing a distinction between "full description", used by the examine verb, and "concise description" which omits things like statdiffs and is used for the HUD.

Next up is some tinkering with the map generator, I think. Now that the item database is being loaded, I can properly interpret <loot> tags in roomdefs.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Finished Wasted. It was pretty fun for the price, but I definitely was getting weary of how little variety in the levels there were by the end. Luckily, getting the faster movement while crouched booze trivializes the game by allowing you to just sneak explore everywhere and skip most of each level and get sneak attacks on the rest, which sped up coolers 3-5 a lot.

I would recommend the game if you are interested in a sort of Daggerfall-ish roguelike with a Fallout skin.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Today's Duskers discovery: asteroids break open interior doors attached to the targeted room, not just the airlock.

:supaburn:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I bought furi because steam queue though it was a roguelike :psyduck:. and it looked good.
It's a decent rhytm/bullet hell game disguised as a dmc-like with really, really loving good music. I liked it alot and still don't think it's worth $25, maybe if it included the soundtrack and kickback to those artists. But not even close to a roguelike.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 10, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Floodkiller posted:

I would recommend the game if you are interested in a sort of Daggerfall-ish roguelike with a Fallout skin.

Whoa, hold on there, buddypants, what's this about? For better or for worse, Daggerfall is one of my favourite games of all time, and I haven't gotten around to playing my copy of Wasted yet. Genuinely curious, how is it like Daggerfall?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Whoa, hold on there, buddypants, what's this about? For better or for worse, Daggerfall is one of my favourite games of all time, and I haven't gotten around to playing my copy of Wasted yet. Genuinely curious, how is it like Daggerfall?

The actual dungeon diving/dungeon layouts, for the most part. It doesn't have any vertical overlapping (probably to make the minimap readable), but the way it's all pieced together felt a lot like Daggerfall dungeon diving to me otherwise. I only wish there was more room variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Floodkiller posted:

The actual dungeon diving/dungeon layouts, for the most part. It doesn't have any vertical overlapping (probably to make the minimap readable), but the way it's all pieced together felt a lot like Daggerfall dungeon diving to me otherwise. I only wish there was more room variety.

Thanks! Well, it's next on my list of games to play and probably never beat! Plus, it's goon-made, so that's nice.