Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bark bark Kash I'm going o take your head and drink your blood and eat your brains as an appetizer and then as a main course I'll eat your bullshit gland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Ah now I understand. Can you, in no uncertain terms, list three players (other than yourself of course) who shifted momentum away from Jedit (and therefore could be hypothetical scum)?

I don't know can you print out one of your posts and eat it?!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I don't know can you print out one of your posts and eat it?!

i'm going to turn you into an olympian mental gymnast

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Okay I'm convinced Keane is scum now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Someone explain why jedit to me thanks fam

Well here is one for you Ernie like I was saying all day

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

RAWR I AM KEANE. I AM JUST GOING TO SAY CATCHY-SOUNDING STUFF.

I HATE KASHUNO. KASHUNO BAD. WHAZZAT? SOMEONE ELSE IS SUSPICIOUS?! WHAZZAT? JUST LIKE I WASNT CONVINCED BY THAT CASE OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT NOT BE? WELL I GUESS THAT CASE MUST BE RIGHT!! BECAUSE SCUM!! HIDING OUT OF PLAIN SIGHT!! I KNOW THESE THINGS BECAUSE!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

I was trying to elicit a response because I don't understand the jedit vote. Neither of those reasons sounded like a good reason to vote (hence not voting jedit). Jedit why you so salty?

Heres another post that hints at deflecting away from Jedit

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would probably vote Jedit, but really my biggest suspicion right now is on MEDS CURE SCHIZOS aka The Betrayer. When he's town he's a lot more aggressive and in-your-face probably because he doesn't actually like playing town, but in this game he's relaxed and making jokes and it's ~scummy.~

##vote The Betrayer

rip Alasdair

This is hedged as gently caress, also shifts away from Jedit

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Your Personal Muse posted:

Two questions: 1) your case boils down to him not pushing anything. It seems to me that he just doesn't believe any cases out there. It seems you are suggesting that he should manufacture a case and push it, because he doesn't have any reads. How do you respond to this sick burn (inane question)

2) There are plenty of people not doing anything pro town, how does that make Jedit scum?

Heres another that moves it away from Jedit.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Moatillata posted:

The rationale for this is jedi's mafia dadding or the fact that he unvoted right before?

this is the post moatillata is referencing. they are in fact bringing attention to the case and discussing it. they're giving AR an opportunity to talk about it.

the opposite of just shooting it down.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

RAWR I AM KEANE. I AM JUST GOING TO SAY CATCHY-SOUNDING STUFF.

I HATE KASHUNO. KASHUNO BAD. WHAZZAT? SOMEONE ELSE IS SUSPICIOUS?! WHAZZAT? JUST LIKE I WASNT CONVINCED BY THAT CASE OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT NOT BE? WELL I GUESS THAT CASE MUST BE RIGHT!! BECAUSE SCUM!! HIDING OUT OF PLAIN SIGHT!! I KNOW THESE THINGS BECAUSE!!

You have all the wit of a church fart and none of the warmth. Leave the japes to the professionals.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

this is the post moatillata is referencing. they are in fact bringing attention to the case and discussing it. they're giving AR an opportunity to talk about it.

the opposite of just shooting it down.

Hmm yes if only there was a post later about this that said something different ah well I guess not all is lost.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

i'm going to turn you into an olympian mental gymnast

You're not going to do a drat thing, you're going to let other people post and latch on to things as they come, like a parasite/capitalist.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so your list is

Ninth, Moatillata, YPM AND/OR Jedit AND/OR Kashuno.

Ninth said he WOULD vote Jedit btw. YPM is actually casting shade on Kasumeat (who in retrospect went for the WELL SIR THAT'S NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THIS HERE TOWN INNIT hilarious approach) and Moat just wanted clarification and then clarified that they wanted clarification.

So in essence ... people interacted with the case presented.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

You have all the wit of a church fart and none of the warmth.

I'm going to remember this one.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

You have all the wit of a church fart and none of the warmth. Leave the japes to the professionals.

i want you to be scum so bad for this one :(

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

i want you to be scum so bad for this one :(

I actually want to keep him around for more comedy gems.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Forums ate my post gently caress everything.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Forums ate my post gently caress everything.

Have you been working out?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

so your list is

Ninth, Moatillata, YPM AND/OR Jedit AND/OR Kashuno.

Ninth said he WOULD vote Jedit btw. YPM is actually casting shade on Kasumeat (who in retrospect went for the WELL SIR THAT'S NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THIS HERE TOWN INNIT hilarious approach) and Moat just wanted clarification and then clarified that they wanted clarification.

So in essence ... people interacted with the case presented.

Im not going to type everything up again on my tablet, but yes, ninth said he would vote Jedit. You can say whatever you want, and saying you'd vote Jedit them juking to Meds is hedgey as gently caress.

I dont think everybody is scum, but there is enough of an effort to shift it away that I think it's scummy that it is happening.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Have you been working out?

I'M A FIRM BELIEVER IN GUN CONTROL WHICH TO ME MEANS A LONG SLEEVE SHIRT.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Im not going to type everything up again on my tablet, but yes, ninth said he would vote Jedit. You can say whatever you want, and saying you'd vote Jedit them juking to Meds is hedgey as gently caress.

I dont think everybody is scum, but there is enough of an effort to shift it away that I think it's scummy that it is happening.

i think we just disagree on why lots of people stayed away from that particular case (jedit's). it just seemed odd to me that you were simultaneously pursuing kash (who pulled away from jedit towards you) and complaining that there was distraction away from jedit. it came off as you putting the cart before the horse to cut off a particular conversation. but in retrospect you've been pretty internally consistent.

also i think you might be turning things into too black or white. i don't think ninth was hedging at all. after all there is more than one scum in the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

i think we just disagree on why lots of people stayed away from that particular case (jedit's). it just seemed odd to me that you were simultaneously pursuing kash (who pulled away from jedit towards you) and complaining that there was distraction away from jedit. it came off as you putting the cart before the horse to cut off a particular conversation. but in retrospect you've been pretty internally consistent.

also i think you might be turning things into too black or white. i don't think ninth was hedging at all. after all there is more than one scum in the game.

Now you're just trolling me!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Here I am Ernie, doing noting but treating you with the utmost respect and you go and troll me, smh, smh, is this what mafia has come to.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Now you're just trolling me!

hahahaha with the last line yeah

the rest is how i actually think unfortunately

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Are you the scum Ernie?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

Are you the scum Ernie?

i keep saying this but no one listens!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

CCKeane posted:

My case on Kash is:

AR started the day by listing me among scummy people then dropping a vote on jedit.

Kash came in, dropped a vote on me without explanation, then tried to shift the vote away from Jedit.

When push for an explanation for his vote on me, Kash says I usually react when voted

Kash citing my meta/using meta is a move he has done before as scum in order to excuse scummy votes

Kash is using me calling bullshit on him as an example of my scumminess. This is nonsense on it's face, but particularly when he previously said that voting me usually gets a strong reaction. If he was expecting a strong reaction and he got one, that is indicative that I am playing as I usually do, and is a null tell. This isn't what he did, however. By his own words I usually react strongly, so surely this is just how I play?

Kash is making a nonsense case and citing meta as a means of excusing himself from having to make a meaningful case. This is scummy.

not reading any of this but ##vote kash

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

hahahaha with the last line yeah

the rest is how i actually think unfortunately

I mean, if you don't think it was hedging, that's fine, but it looks hella like hedging to me.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Kashuno posted:

Okay I'm convinced Keane is scum now

Can you explain? I was leaning scum on Keane too but his posting lately seems more townish. His logic, particularly here is reasonable. I'm not convinced that means he's town and you're scum, but that's looking more likely to me, not the other way around.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Absurd Revolver posted:

jedit dropped off the imgay vote to hedge, backed off mafia dadding the second he had heat and played it off as a joke, and he's also contributed very little besides half-assedly defending himself

also he's a real piece of poo poo

I agree with him being a real piece of poo poo (jk Jedit jk) but nothing else here looks super scummy to me. He backed off a joke vote, I didn't see him Mafia dad. I think he's been doing ok.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

My case on Kash is:

AR started the day by listing me among scummy people then dropping a vote on jedit.

Kash came in, dropped a vote on me without explanation, then tried to shift the vote away from Jedit.

When push for an explanation for his vote on me, Kash says I usually react when voted

Kash citing my meta/using meta is a move he has done before as scum in order to excuse scummy votes

Kash is using me calling bullshit on him as an example of my scumminess. This is nonsense on it's face, but particularly when he previously said that voting me usually gets a strong reaction. If he was expecting a strong reaction and he got one, that is indicative that I am playing as I usually do, and is a null tell. This isn't what he did, however. By his own words I usually react strongly, so surely this is just how I play?

Kash is making a nonsense case and citing meta as a means of excusing himself from having to make a meaningful case. This is scummy.

Did you type this on your phone? It isn't very readable.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Did you type this on your phone? It isn't very readable.

Tablet.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

Eh having looked Jedit over I don't think I would vote for him after all.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Your reasoning is kinda convoluted. He's scum because he expected you to react to being voted but you didn't react, and now that you're reacting he's not counting that as a true reaction...? Did I parse that right?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Alasdair Crawfish
  3. Anomalous Amalgam
  4. CCKeane
  5. dongsbot 9000
  6. Ernie.
  7. imgay
  8. Infinitum
  9. Jedit
  10. Kashuno
  11. Kasumeat
  12. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  13. Moatillata
  14. Pinterest Mom
  15. The Ninth Layer
  16. Your Personal Muse

Please put in the OP thanks. I have trouble finding posts otherwise.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Your reasoning is kinda convoluted. He's scum because he expected you to react to being voted but you didn't react, and now that you're reacting he's not counting that as a true reaction...? Did I parse that right?

No.

He presented the reasoning behind him voting me as "usually I react strongly and he wanted to get a reaction." When I gave him a reaction, he used that as reasoning for me being scummy, but already established that as just something I do.

So stripping away some of the humming and hawing, he reasoning for keeping his vote on me boils down to me reacting as he would have expected me to. Which is pretty silly!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I knew I was forgetting something.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

No.

He presented the reasoning behind him voting me as "usually I react strongly and he wanted to get a reaction." When I gave him a reaction, he used that as reasoning for me being scummy, but already established that as just something I do.

So stripping away some of the humming and hawing, he reasoning for keeping his vote on me boils down to me reacting as he would have expected me to. Which is pretty silly!

It seems to me his reasoning for keeping his vote on you is your overly defensive reaction to it. He's not pushing you strongly for a lynch and he seems to be engaging well with the rest of the game. Is there something I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CCKeane posted:

WELP ONLY ONE PERSON CAN BE SCUM I GUESS/YOU CANT LOOK AT OTHER POSSIBILITIES INSPECTOR ERNIE IS ON THE CASE

No, but your case on Kash is at least partially built on you thinking he was defending me because we're scumbros. I don't see that logic. I was under suspicion yesterday, he wasn't. If we were both scum it would be easier and safer to examine other options than to hitch himself to my mast - it's not like I was close to being lynched. And if I'm Town and he's scum, of course he'd let the case build because I'm an easy early lynch.

For these reasons I'm pegging Kash as Town right now. Not because he defended me several times, but because he has nothing to gain from it as scum.

• Locked thread