Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh. 3 real top guys in WWE, a top guy on the indies... and Ziggler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm not sure what the weirdest part of that card is:
Was it the WHT title match between The Miz and Goldust?
Was it that said match got a goddamn A despite neither guy being one of the top 5 guys in the company?
Or was it that the match played second fiddle to a 6 man match involving Moose and Cheeseburger?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

WWE 2K16 is $14.99 in the Steam summer sale. It seems like it's optimized a lot better than 2k15 was.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Regrettable posted:

WWE 2K16 is $14.99 in the Steam summer sale. It seems like it's optimized a lot better than 2k15 was.

I'm enjoying it and its vastly improved mechanics from 2K14, the last one I got, but there's a distinct lack of create-a-parts. What is there is really good, but they skimped in a couple of areas that will probably limit the far end of replayability unless there are some mods I'm unaware of.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Regrettable posted:

Amazon also price matched it.

https://www.amazon.com/WWE-2K16-Onl...827217e79eb9929

For somebody that owns it, can you swap out wrestlers' entrance music with your own? Because Big Boss Man not having Hard Time is a deal breaker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Can someone link me to a good TEW16 current day mod? I want to book some ROH

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Amazon also price matched it.

https://www.amazon.com/WWE-2K16-Onl...827217e79eb9929

For somebody that owns it, can you swap out wrestlers' entrance music with your own? Because Big Boss Man not having Hard Time is a deal breaker.

Only on the pc version, and only through mods. The song replacer is pretty easy to use, but it only replaces rather than adds songs.

http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/61007-released-sound-injector-213/?page=1

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I'm enjoying it and its vastly improved mechanics from 2K14, the last one I got, but there's a distinct lack of create-a-parts. What is there is really good, but they skimped in a couple of areas that will probably limit the far end of replayability unless there are some mods I'm unaware of.

They, of course, removed some parts that were in last years game for no apparent reason. I won't be surprised if they bring some of them back for 2k17 and say that they're new.

I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but here's a link to to the thread where people are porting over characters, movesets, entrances, and titantrons from 2k15: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/61058-wwe-2k15-port-over-project-some-2k15-mods-added/

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

triplexpac posted:

Can someone link me to a good TEW16 current day mod? I want to book some ROH

try the greydogs software forum, they have the most up to date mods

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hey, does anyone have 2k16 for the PS4? I'll give a forums upgrade if someone makes Mulder and Scully for me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Are there any benefits to running a touring promotion, rather than a regular schedule?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Regrettable posted:

They, of course, removed some parts that were in last years game for no apparent reason. I won't be surprised if they bring some of them back for 2k17 and say that they're new.

I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but here's a link to to the thread where people are porting over characters, movesets, entrances, and titantrons from 2k15: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/61058-wwe-2k15-port-over-project-some-2k15-mods-added/

Also when I tried playing it with a friend, the "realistic" mechanics actually made it an annoying experience. 2K14 is still a good party game, 2K16 with friends feels like you are stuck in a glue pit together.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Again, I think it's down to what you want. If you're wanting WWE All-Stars, just without the goofy proportions, you'll be disappointed. If you want to have most matches look like a random 3 star Raw main event, then the game does a decent enough job.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah it's OK though if a game wants to play like a video game instead of deliver me WWE booking no matter what character I choose. Focusing body parts doesn't even seem to matter.

Also the match options all went away and it crashes when I load an elimination chamber. So that's cool.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If I want to play wrestling games with friends, I would probably drag out my old N64 and play some AKI games. Nothing has even come close in the years since that is anywhere near as fun to play.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

remusclaw posted:

If I want to play wrestling games with friends, I would probably drag out my old N64 and play some AKI games. Nothing has even come close in the years since that is anywhere near as fun to play.

Def Jam Fight For NY (which is also by AKI)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Def Jam Fight For NY (which is also by AKI)

My N64 plays better than either my old X-box or my old ps2. Great game though, as well as it's sequel. I wish the Def Jam games had more in depth character creation though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I honestly like getting the wwe games every year because all I'm looking for is a game I can play for an hour when I get home from work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I honestly like getting the wwe games every year because all I'm looking for is a game I can play for an hour when I get home from work.
Let me tell you about a game called Overwatch

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Endless Mike posted:

Let me tell you about a game called Overwatch

I am terrible at online shooters, every time I try one it's fun for a bit then everyone gets way too good and destroys me all the time.

In my TEW game, Lucha Underground just put the title on Chavo.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I am terrible at online shooters, every time I try one it's fun for a bit then everyone gets way too good and destroys me all the time.

In my TEW game, Lucha Underground just put the title on Chavo.

They did that in my game too, but then he lost it to the DAREWOLF

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Thanks, Colt!

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

They did that in my game too, but then he lost it to the DAREWOLF

This seems to be a common occurrence in real-world data sets, the Lucha Underground title goes to either Chavo, PJ Black, or Johnny Mundo. It's a symptom of either their stats not being changed since they worked for WWE, or the mod-maker having the mindset of anyone who has worked for WWE is automatically more popular than anyone that hasn't.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Takuan posted:

This seems to be a common occurrence in real-world data sets, the Lucha Underground title goes to either Chavo, PJ Black, or Johnny Mundo. It's a symptom of either their stats not being changed since they worked for WWE, or the mod-maker having the mindset of anyone who has worked for WWE is automatically more popular than anyone that hasn't.

Ah, the TNA mindset

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NewLegacyInc are running another 24 hour charity stream next month for Fighting Back. Last year was pretty great and had a bunch of wrestlers on it like Jervis Cottonbelly, Johnny Yuma, Sidney Bakabella, Vince Russo & a few other guys whose names I can't remember.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Testekill posted:

NewLegacyInc are running another 24 hour charity stream next month for Fighting Back. Last year was pretty great and had a bunch of wrestlers on it like Jervis Cottonbelly, Johnny Yuma, Sidney Bakabella, Vince Russo & a few other guys whose names I can't remember.

Was that the same stream that had that amazing Royal Rumble where Kurt Angle Kirk Angel almost made it all the way to the end despite losing all his limbs?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Petit Gregory posted:

Was that the same stream that had that amazing Royal Rumble where Kurt Angle Kirk Angel almost made it all the way to the end despite losing all his limbs?

Nah, that was the Royaliest of Rumbles. The last Fighting Back stream did have them & Vince Russo playing as Russo in Backstage Assault.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJXhOnuaEHovs0QE3gI9Ge63cPpXe10Af

There's the playlist for the 2015 Fighting Back stream

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 5, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I booked Naito vs Suzuki, they injured each other :smith:

Naito at least is working through his injury... shameful Suzuki is out for 5 months

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I booked Naito vs Suzuki, they injured each other :smith:

Naito at least is working through his injury... shameful Suzuki is out for 5 months

Ouch. I haven't had a double injury match like that yet. I did have Jack Evans go and retire on me just because he ruptured his liver in his 2nd match back from a torn PCL. :argh:

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you all have to start playing Supercard again. They just started a new PCC, and one of the choices is Tye Dillinger.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

DoctorDelaware posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you all have to start playing Supercard again. They just started a new PCC, and one of the choices is Tye Dillinger.

He's losing to Samoa Joe so the card won't actually come out.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

He's losing to Samoa Joe so the card won't actually come out.

That's why you all have to start playing again!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody mod WWE 2K16 on the PC? I'm gonna mess with it later ($15, eh, fine). I'm curious if when you inject new wrestlers into the game if it actually adds new characters or if it replaces characters in the game.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

89 posted:

Anybody mod WWE 2K16 on the PC? I'm gonna mess with it later ($15, eh, fine). I'm curious if when you inject new wrestlers into the game if it actually adds new characters or if it replaces characters in the game.

I still haven't bothered with it yet because I don't want to pay the tax and cheat engine is going to be a much bigger hassle, but supposedly there's a way to add them as dlc characters so they don't take up slots.

e: Well, I tried the cheat engine method and it corrupted my save file. When I pasted my backup save in the folder, it said that was corrupt too so idk. I'll try to get it figured out in the next couple of days. Definitely want to do that before I create or download anymore CAWs.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 10, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I went the Custom Characters route and spent a good 4 hours trying to figure stuff out. Got AJ Styles in the game, but couldn't get custom music to work or mini or wall trons and now the game won't make it past the splash screen.

Why can't there just be one MEGA save I can download and copy and paste over my 2K16 folder? :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Is there any indication of what goes in the "Misc" expense category in TEW?

Mine is over 1mil a month, and I'd love to know where that money is going

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

89 posted:

I went the Custom Characters route and spent a good 4 hours trying to figure stuff out. Got AJ Styles in the game, but couldn't get custom music to work or mini or wall trons and now the game won't make it past the splash screen.

Why can't there just be one MEGA save I can download and copy and paste over my 2K16 folder? :(

Try deleting the pac files you added to the folder. That made it stop crashing at the splash screen for me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Regrettable posted:

Try deleting the pac files you added to the folder. That made it stop crashing at the splash screen for me.

I thought that's how you're supposed to inject the mini/wall trons?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

89 posted:

I thought that's how you're supposed to inject the mini/wall trons?

If it's crashing at the splash screen it means something didn't work and you're going to have to start over, though.

e: unless you can pin down the specific file/s causing the problem

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Regrettable posted:

If it's crashing at the splash screen it means something didn't work and you're going to have to start over, though.

e: unless you can pin down the specific file/s causing the problem

Gotcha. I'll be glad when I get this mod stuff down, there's some cool stuff out there. And it seems like drat near every wrestler you can think of has been modded in. Cool part being that they are new characters. So hypothetically, you could build drat near like a Fire Pro like roster.

Honestly, I do like 2K16. It just killed me when it corrupted my save I worked on for a long time on Xbone.