Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Bhodi posted:

So I uh, I tried to dock my seamoth into the moonpool while it was draining and it ejected me and I fell down to the seafloor. It thinks I'm in my base because it's making clanking walking sounds but I'm on the surface. Saving/reloading doesn't fix it. Going to try and walk to find some quartz and make a little habitat that I get in/out in the hopes it'll trigger swimming again

are there any console commands I can use to force swim?

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands

You'll probably want to use WARPME to send you to the last valid location visited.

If that doesn't work try RANDOMSTART to warp back to the escape pod. (note this will also teleport the pod to a different starting location)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Whenever something weird happens, the first thing you should do is not save and immediately quit and reload the game.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Found the seamoth parts! Took a while because i kept getting killed by sandsharks. I just took a bunch of batteries for my seaglide and finally got it.

I cant wait until i can find a way to kill because I'm going to commit sandshark genocide!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Passing through a hatch and back should do the trick, but that requires being able to reach one. It worked for me a long time ago.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Unkempt posted:

- Breed stalkers in tank
- Drop two bits of scrap metal on the sea floor
- Drop two stalkers on the scrap metal.

They fight each other and there are teeth everywhere.

Pretty sure that's illegal in most states.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm setting up a base in the cave along the sea treader path. I really like these guys. They look really cool and they drop lots of ore.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got bored and spawned an exosuit the only problem was I was inside the cyclops at the time. It caused the cyclops to tip up and I got stuck at the end and almost got crushed by a tumbling exosuit.

Then I spawned it outside and took it for a joyride and then ended up getting marooned in a cave that I couldn't jump thrust out of. RIP poor exosuit stuck in jelly caves.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bhodi posted:

So I uh, I tried to dock my seamoth into the moonpool while it was draining and it ejected me and I fell down to the seafloor. It thinks I'm in my base because it's making clanking walking sounds but I'm on the surface. Saving/reloading doesn't fix it. Going to try and walk to find some quartz and make a little habitat that I get in/out in the hopes it'll trigger swimming again

are there any console commands I can use to force swim?

I had a similar issue falling through my base once. I just went into a hatch from the outside and that fixed it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
My current base perched around the rim of an active vent.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh shiiiiii you can put windows on moon pools? I did not even know..

That base looks like a similar location to mine, between the life pod and the aurora? Probably next to the same vent.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Whale Cancer posted:

Found the seamoth parts! Took a while because i kept getting killed by sandsharks. I just took a bunch of batteries for my seaglide and finally got it.

I cant wait until i can find a way to kill because I'm going to commit sandshark genocide!

Make Seamoth Perimeter Defense.

Make Seamoth Solar Charger.

Fry sandsharks and biters all day long.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Digging this game a lot. Built my first outpost on the edge of the big volcanic vent and slowly building up the base. Still at the "making GBS threads my pants when I see a boneshark or larger predator " phase.

Gotta get more blueprints (esp. the batter charger), but after figuring out how to cook and process fish I'm no longer having to eat my weight in kelp to survive.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 6, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:siren: mini patch :siren:

No big changes. Little fixes here and there.

quote:

Update 67 is now available on Steam. We haven’t named this update, because it is a little baby update. Unlike Farming, Power Nap, Machinery, and other updates, 67 doesn’t include any big exciting new features. It does include important and useful improvements to the game. Read on to find out what’s inside.

Subnautica now supports the use of Xbox controllers when playing on PC. You can adjust controller bindings in a new options section in the main menu. Controllers do not yet work in the main menu itself – Sorry about that, we intend to remedy this in future.

Thanks to some optimisation work we’ve done for the Xbox version of Subnautica, the game will now run slightly better on low-end PCs. If you are running Subnautica on PC at or near minimum-specification, you may notice slightly better frame-rates.

We’ve applied a blowtorch to the loading screen. It will now crash far less often on Windows. The ‘grey screen’ crash, where the Subnautica would become non-responsive and crash, was one of our most frustrating bugs. After this update, we expect you will see it a lot less often.

Also included in Update 67 are:

Drowning in Hardcore mode will not longer cause an endless black screen
Seamoth and player turn speeds are now more consistent
FPS command now available in console
VR Bugs have been squashed – you can now make a climb & use the Mobile Vehicle Bay properly
Locked but known technologies (e.g. Seamoth in Constructor) will display grey icons in fabrication menus

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Met posted:

I had a similar issue falling through my base once. I just went into a hatch from the outside and that fixed it.
Sadly, I'm on the edge of a cliff. I was able to just die and respawn back in.

After experimentation, it seems that I get dropped to the ocean floor no matter where I attach the moonpool to my base! This sucks.

e: found a thread. It's a known issue in VR. I'm not going crazy! Phew! http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/143099/game-breaking-oculus-glitches

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 6, 2016

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is there a way to move the vehicle building platform? Have they mentioned any ones to make the escape pod useful after the initial hours?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Invalid Validation posted:

Is there a way to move the vehicle building platform?

Yeah, pick it up.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
More specifically I think you'll get a different prompt if you put your mouse over the floor.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Is there a way to move the vehicle building platform? Have they mentioned any ones to make the escape pod useful after the initial hours?

Climb on to it then look down and to the side. There should be a prompt to pick it up.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Reginald is a pretty swell guy all around; I think reginald is cool and fun to have around.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I got to recommend this game to a kid at my library today.

He was looking for sci fi books, and after we talked for a while and mentioned being a Minecraft kid, I told him about this game where you explore an alien planet that's covered by an ocean

I just hope his mom doesn't come back in blaming me for the nightmares

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Congrats on traumatizing a child.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

subnauticizing

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cojawfee posted:

Whenever something weird happens, the first thing you should do is not save and immediately quit and reload the game.
When it happened to me, all that did is drop me through the terrain and into the void. :v:

I ended up using the console to kill myself and respawn in my base.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

StrangeAeon posted:

So I recently found out that creatures hatched in tanks will not attack each other, and have thus condensed my growing zoo to a single container.

What all creatures have eggs to scavenge so far? I've been trying to find a Reefback egg to no avail.
Most things you can't pick up directly have eggs (also Spadefish do, because :shrug:), but a few of them (reefback, shuttlebug, mesmer, crash, and crabsnake, iirc) don't appear to be implemented completely in the game yet.

Paracelsus posted:

Make Seamoth Perimeter Defense.

Make Seamoth Solar Charger.

Fry sandsharks and biters all day long.
Also zapping reapers when they get in your face makes them gently caress off and if you time it right they won't even damage your moth.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll admit I was a bit taken aback when I was driving my cyclops and I switched to the cameras and was immediately confronted by a reaper.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

7c Nickel posted:

My current base perched around the rim of an active vent.

I use this exact location for my home base! It's really great. Close to all kinds of useful biomes and that vent rules. You'll need a relay to utilize the thermal vent though. You have good taste in locations, my dude.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My base is nearly the same spot, I just didn't build right on top of the vent.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I built my first Cyclops today. The very first thing I did was to go west of my base where a Reaper's been hanging out, and bump into him a bunch of times. Who's the ocean bully now??

Also, you all might know this already but I've never seen it mentioned: if you hold space and rocket upward in your Seamoth, you can jump out of the water like a dolphin

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yup, its great and you can catch some amazing air. You also go even faster if you move foward, sideways, and upwards at the same time.

Just be careful in the safe shallows, I banged up my seamoth pretty nicely when I did a jump and landed in a very shallow spot and struck rock.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Not really a fan of the scanner and habitat builder now requiring batteries to run.. I don't know why exactly and I didn't have an issue with it for the other stuff. Although it seemed that the skimmer runs out of juice WAY too fast.

e: pic of my fortress of solitude also near a thermal vent (behind where the picture was taken from and to the left). Yeah all that glass took a fuckton of quartz. There is an X corridor on the top of the vertical pipe going up too!

priznat fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 7, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

priznat posted:

Not really a fan of the scanner and habitat builder now requiring batteries to run.. I don't know why exactly and I didn't have an issue with it for the other stuff. Although it seemed that the skimmer runs out of juice WAY too fast.

e: pic of my fortress of solitude also near a thermal vent (behind where the picture was taken from and to the left). Yeah all that glass took a fuckton of quartz. There is an X corridor on the top of the vertical pipe going up too!

The least they could do was give some courtesy batteries. I loaded my save and ":lol: gently caress you, we don't even have empties".

Also the few bits of base that still have long as hell build times have gone from a little quirk leftover, to a small annoyance as they take that much more power to build/dismantle.

For example it drops you down to 98% battery to build a fabricator. But a Medkit dispenser with it's bizarre long build time will drop a fresh battery to 95%, probably closer to 94 left.

You can make an MP room, hatch, and then install a fabricator in the time and energy it takes to make a Medkit. I guess because it seems the energy usage is tied entirely to the animation length.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 7, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Oh are we showing off the best base spot now?

It's a couple of patches old now but it's still my favourite, took a lot of trips to that trench full of quartz, even when making the glass on site in the cyclops, but it was worth it.

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea...

I wish you could paint your structures different colours.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm jealous, in my game it seems I've harvested all the quartz in the game. Takes forever to find more.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I'm jealous, in my game it seems I've harvested all the quartz in the game. Takes forever to find more.

Have you been to the blood kelp trench? R walls are lined with it.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

So I picked some sort of creature egg from the seafloor. How do I hatch it, can I just drop it in my tank, or do I need some incubator device or something?

Just drop it in your alien containment room for a day or two and the fish will spawn.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
What I really need is silver; quartz is everywhere for me.

So in reading more about playing this in VR, a lot of the bugs I'm running into are due to not having any animations. I didn't know there were animations for stuff! I also didn't realize my slow walking pace in buildings is a VR-specific thing. I really hope they fix it soon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wish they'd swap gold and silver. I have so much gold that I have barely any use for but I always need silver.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Now that I have my Cyclops I find myself not going back to the game so much. Do they have plans of adding in and endgame of some sort? It's always nice to have a goal to work towards

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

IronDoge posted:

Now that I have my Cyclops I find myself not going back to the game so much. Do they have plans of adding in and endgame of some sort? It's always nice to have a goal to work towards
I got the cyclops recipe complete before I even found the last piece of the seamoth. I can't build it yet, but it's sad that that's the "top" of the tech tree at the moment. Still, early access!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

I wish they'd swap gold and silver. I have so much gold that I have barely any use for but I always need silver.

They should just make them interchangable, don't gold and silver have very similar electrical properties?

Alternatively, gold plating substitute for titanium for the subs/bases. Lower speed/HP, but a large increase to BLING