Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Been out and about most of the day with IRL shiznit.

Will give the thread a proper read.. after my nap :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Next person to post is scum

VVVVVVV DIS GUY VVVVVVVVVV

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Infini can you respond to what i hunched about yesterday please

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Been out and about most of the day with IRL shiznit.

Will give the thread a proper read.. after my nap :frogc00l:

motherfucker post some real poo poo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jedit posted:

No, but your case on Kash is at least partially built on you thinking he was defending me because we're scumbros. I don't see that logic. I was under suspicion yesterday, he wasn't. If we were both scum it would be easier and safer to examine other options than to hitch himself to my mast - it's not like I was close to being lynched. And if I'm Town and he's scum, of course he'd let the case build because I'm an easy early lynch.

For these reasons I'm pegging Kash as Town right now. Not because he defended me several times, but because he has nothing to gain from it as scum.

You are hugely overestimating the role you play in my reasoning against Kash.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

It seems to me his reasoning for keeping his vote on you is your overly defensive reaction to it. He's not pushing you strongly for a lynch and he seems to be engaging well with the rest of the game. Is there something I'm missing?

I WANT TO SLIT HIS GODDAMN THROAT

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I WANT TO SLIT HIS GODDAMN THROAT

My throat felt weird when I read this :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kasumeat posted:

Can you explain? I was leaning scum on Keane too but his posting lately seems more townish. His logic, particularly here is reasonable. I'm not convinced that means he's town and you're scum, but that's looking more likely to me, not the other way around.

He seems hostile and angry, despite not much going on. Even though he's mixing a lot of jokes in there, he really is stomping his feet about my vote on him and trying to make it as voting him at all is scummy. Overly defensive imo.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kashuno posted:

Thatll teach ya

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

He seems hostile and angry, despite not much going on. Even though he's mixing a lot of jokes in there, he really is stomping his feet about my vote on him and trying to make it as voting him at all is scummy. Overly defensive imo.

I can't blame him, you seem to be voting him for existing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I can't blame him, you seem to be voting him for existing.

It sure got things going though didn't it?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I'm PSYCHIC.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Basically here's how it would have gone down:

1.) I don't react.
"Keane's meta is to react strongly to votes on him! He's out of character, that's scummy!"

2.) I react.
"Look at how defensive he's being! How scummy!"

Yes, it's a scummy vote and scummy reasoning that allows a lot of weaseling and is ultimately unassailable because it relies on a meta argument at the core of it. IT'S PRETTY SILLY YOU BIG GOOF.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't call you scummy at all

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I didn't call you scummy at all

No, you just raised your eyebrows and made suggestively hand gestures.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

No, you just raised your eyebrows and made suggestively hand gestures.

:shrug: it's what I do

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Can you two town people stop fighting and talk about Inf

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Actually this fight seems manufactured but I'll get to that later let's talk about the scum known as Inf

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Actually this fight seems manufactured but I'll get to that later let's talk about the scum known as Inf

:agreed: on inf. He isn't playing at all.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let's murder him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can back it ##vote inf Maybe he will come back from his "nap"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote inf joe is australia free now

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah I'm starting to think Inf is trying to lurk his way to a scum victory like tomm did on the same team with me and him in disney

##vote inf

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
keane, did u ever make a second move in our chess game

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm torn. On the one hand Infinitum is shitposting and trying to return the game to joke phase, but on the other hand these votes are coming on pretty quick, Considering we're more than a day from deadline, I suggest we take a pause right now and give him a chance to start playing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

keane, did u ever make a second move in our chess game

No, but I should be going to lunch soon (want to confirm that I'm set on a RFP), so if you have a chess.com account we can just do it there.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Jedit posted:

I'm torn. On the one hand Infinitum is shitposting and trying to return the game to joke phase

If this is scummy, I'm surprised you haven't voted half of the game so far. Are you hoping that someone's going to come along and do all of the dirty work for you? Do you have any spine whatsoever? You sure as gently caress didn't show any on Day 1, and you haven't done so here.

If you think he's scummy, gently caress the deadline, vote for him. Make him defend his actions. Make a move that you might have to defend against scrutiny.

You loving coward.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

I agree that Inf is looking scummier and scummier. In the last game I played with him he was super active and we were both VT and he tried to push a lynch on me because I correctly called 2 scum on day 1. I haven't seen him play scum before, but he's playing much more passively. However, this:

Jedit posted:

I'm torn. On the one hand Infinitum is shitposting and trying to return the game to joke phase, but on the other hand these votes are coming on pretty quick, Considering we're more than a day from deadline, I suggest we take a pause right now and give him a chance to start playing.

Makes an Inf/Jedit scumteam even more likely, yet you seem convinced that Jedit isn't scum. I still hate how Jedit played D1, and this post trying to take pressure off of Inf just makes Jedit look even scummier.

IRL note: We're having thunderstorms here and I currently have no power. My phone has enough charge for at least a day but my laptop is low, so it would be very good if the mpower was on for me again soon. It'll probably be fixed by tonight but juuuust in case I disappear tomorrow morning, I'll make sure I find some way to post for the deadline.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kasumeat posted:

I agree that Inf is looking scummier and scummier. In the last game I played with him he was super active and we were both VT and he tried to push a lynch on me because I correctly called 2 scum on day 1. I haven't seen him play scum before, but he's playing much more passively. However, this:

Makes an Inf/Jedit scumteam even more likely, yet you seem convinced that Jedit isn't scum. I still hate how Jedit played D1, and this post trying to take pressure off of Inf just makes Jedit look even scummier.

IRL note: We're having thunderstorms here and I currently have no power. My phone has enough charge for at least a day but my laptop is low, so it would be very good if the mpower was on for me again soon. It'll probably be fixed by tonight but juuuust in case I disappear tomorrow morning, I'll make sure I find some way to post for the deadline.

Yeah I also wonder why Jedit doesn't want to vote Jedit.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I agree that Inf is looking scummier and scummier. In the last game I played with him he was super active and we were both VT and he tried to push a lynch on me because I correctly called 2 scum on day 1. I haven't seen him play scum before, but he's playing much more passively.

This:

Jedit posted:

Makes an Inf/Jedit scumteam even more likely, yet you (YPM) seem convinced that Jedit isn't scum. I still hate how Jedit played D1, and this post trying to take pressure off of Inf just makes Jedit look even scummier.

IRL note: We're having thunderstorms here and I currently have no power. My phone has enough charge for at least a day but my laptop is low, so it would be very good if the mpower was on for me again soon. It'll probably be fixed by tonight but juuuust in case I'm scarce morning, I'll make sure I find some way to post for the deadline.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I also wonder why Jedit doesn't want to vote Jedit.

Oops, see my edit

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm not convinced he's not scum. I actually don't like how he's so focused on survival when usually he's a pitbull

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not convinced he's not scum. I actually don't like how he's so focused on survival when usually he's a pitbull

Maybe he thinks he's going down.

Maybe he's yelling timber.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh yeah inf is a great dunk ##vote inf

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Fair enough.

Well, doesn't look like Jedit is happening tonight, but I'm still happy with this.

##vote Inf
L-3

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Electricity is back!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kasumeat posted:

Electricity is back!

What a shocking twist!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

What a shocking twist!

Watt are you talking about?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Watt are you talking about?

Ohm not talking about anything, why am I being met with such resistance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote: INFINITUM

Tentative vote for some pressure for him to mount a defense. I'm liking the reasoning behind this one. I also like cckeanes reasoning for kash. The only thing that gives me pause is how hard YPM is pushing it esp when the majority of it came from imgay.

• Locked thread