Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

WrightOfWay posted:

Edit: should have read the rest of the thread

It's okay, it's a big thread. We're here to help each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's the deal with stage 31, Hiryu/Hagane side? Is it possible to get in that pyramid before defeating Debu, that is, before the suspiciously timed federation order to investigate the inside? I managed to destroy one of the enemy groups guarding the door in time but it didn't seem I was able to get in anyway, but did I need to destroy both?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 5, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
OGG stream coming up soon. Getting into the late game.

edit: stream over, after one stage it devolved into efforts to emulate Impact and it did not end well

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 5, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's nothing new for SRW, but it feels like this game really gets started around stage 35. Also they introduce a whole slew of new background music around that time.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Haken uses Shishioh Blade: "Kirisute sorry"

I have no reason to find this as funny as I am but here we are. :allears:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 6, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Moon Dwellers did 108K in the 1st week across both platforms (70K for PS4, 38K for PS3).

I wonder how the english release will fare.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

Haken uses Shishioh Blade: "Kirisute sorry"

I have no reason to find this as funny as I am but here we are. :allears:
I know who I am giving the Shishio blade next. It's with Excellen right now.

It's not like anyone really needs it. Units that are short range only need a rectangle launcher or something so they can be good twin units with a unit that has built-in long range weapons, but not so much the reverse.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
It's cool, though

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hivac posted:

It's cool, though
Yeah, and in a game series where same as music priority, being cool is basically gameplay.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most about the English version is finally learning what all those music options in the option menu mean.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's pretty much 'keep attack theme music playing while you're making your next move, or switch to the map's music'

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Isn't the big perk of the Shishiou Blade that it's a high power weapon with no Will requirement?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, that's loving annoying.

Be careful about swapping out the Powerpuff GIrls in stages where the J units force-deploy. I ran into a save-ruining glitch where if I did it it would prevent a cutscene from loading and would freeze on a black screen.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Well, that's loving annoying.

Be careful about swapping out the Powerpuff GIrls in stages where the J units force-deploy. I ran into a save-ruining glitch where if I did it it would prevent a cutscene from loading and would freeze on a black screen.

Holy crap, you can't even change it back during the intermission?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

Holy crap, you can't even change it back during the intermission?

I was able to but it didn't work. I had to go back to a previous save. (Which thankfully I kept.)

Basically what happened is this:

I was on Stage 21 where both J protagonists deploy. Granteed begins is a lovely position so I restarted and swapped my powerpuffs around to get him Accelerate. I saved and when I tried to restart the stage it would black out even if I swapped the Powerpuffs back.

I had to replay around 4 stages to get back there but once I did I made a backup save and checked. As long as I didn't touch my Powerpuffs I could start the stage fine. When I changed them it blacked out. I don't know if there's anything else that triggers it but be careful on Stage 21 at least.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I was able to but it didn't work. I had to go back to a previous save. (Which thankfully I kept.)

I was on Stage 21 where both J protagonists deploy. Granteed begins is a lovely position so I restarted and swapped my powerpuffs around to get him Accelerate. I saved and when I tried to restart the stage it would black out even if I swapped the Powerpuffs back.

I had to replay around 4 stages to get back there but once I did I made a backup save and checked. As long as I didn't touch my Powerpuffs I could start the stage fine. When I changed them it blacked out. I don't know if there's anything else that triggers it but be careful on Stage 21 at least.
That's a weird bug indeed. My guess is that the cutscenes for stage 21 were coded with a certain Powerpuff for Touya and Calvina, but they never went back and added in code to allow for swapping the trio around.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

See here: http://pastebin.com/bebf35Ks

It does not have everyone's Ace Bonuses yet, though.

E:f;b

Huh, I must have missed something, but Amara is alive?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Weissritter posted:

Huh, I must have missed something, but Amara is alive?

Ended up in La Gias and was saved by joining as Shu's newest cheerleader. Lost memories.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MD is fun but the RNG-based SR points are really tedious. I'm on a mission which just devolves into "reset until I get lucky" because it involves NPC characters who can lose half their health literally before your first action.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If it's the one I'm thinking of, you're intended to spam Bonds and other mass target spirits to get by.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you're intended to spam Bonds and other mass target spirits to get by.

It's probably not that one as my major problem is the Huckbeins dying from full health rather than getting whittled down. Them being able to lose a ton of health on pre round 1 is just an additional gently caress you. It'll be pretty trivial to get if I can get them to survive to Round 2, it's just as near as I can tell literally just luck, you don't even have a Confuse user to weight things in your favor.

Edit: Actually sorry, you do have one. Still took me two resets to get them to survive to round 2 but easy from there.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 7, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
There's a thing you can do to unlock the OHKO +crit item in Dark Prison that I am certain you need to get a crit with Shu's map attack to do so there's definitely someone with a cruel sense of humour working on the OG games.

ImpAtom posted:

Does it auto put the right girl in before you start the mission?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

There's a thing you can do to unlock the OHKO +crit item in Dark Prison that I am certain you need to get a crit with Shu's map attack to do so there's definitely someone with a cruel sense of humour working on the OG games.

Does it auto put the right girl in before you start the mission?

I don't know if there's a 'right girl.' It doesn't swap your characters at all though

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know if there's a 'right girl.' It doesn't swap your characters at all though

I must be misunderstanding the problem. Is it that when the J originals are a forced deployment you shouldn't change the girls before the mission? But it doesn't matter which girl is in there already?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

I must be misunderstanding the problem. Is it that when the J originals are a forced deployment you shouldn't change the girls before the mission? But it doesn't matter which girl is in there already?
Yeah, basically. It seems to be a problem with them loving up the flag to load in a different script for having a different girl, not a thing where one is 'correct' and the others are bugged

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

That is what it seems to be though obviously there could be something else I'm missing.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

Ended up in La Gias and was saved by joining as Shu's newest cheerleader. Lost memories.

how did she survive an explosion in a cockpit?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Race Realists posted:

how did she survive an explosion in a cockpit?
Well, SRW is a world with both nanomachines AND magic so basically anything can happen two times over.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, SRW is a world with both nanomachines AND magic so basically anything can happen two times over.
That said, we haven't seen magic-infused nanomachines. Yet.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm sure the Granzon has them in there somewhere.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Since Shu detonated the black hole, the Granzon has retroactively always had them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Streaming the Z Special Disc Here

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Instead of finishing any of the thousand games I've yet to complete (including second OGs), I've started plaing Super Robot Wars F. It's good, if antiquated, so far. L-Gaim theme is super snazzy.

I'm playing with Ring Mao as a Real, because gently caress you Banpresto I like her.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Really, just having folks from war in the pocket is already a surprise for me

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

bring back ring and her old hairstyle

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

When's patricia showing up in og

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Right after the MC from Suparobo Gakuen.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

When's patricia showing up in og

Screw that, give me Mina.

I have Irm's Grungust ready for her to BUSTER ULTIMATE BEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Really, just give me all of them. I like these designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

bring back ring and her old hairstyle
2nd OGs already brought back her old hairstyle, though.

• Locked thread