Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

goatface posted:

They've killed people, and it's only helping Froome.

Early in the race and a chance to see how many of the skybots are in GC form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Weird how Mikel Landa has turned into a turd since he left Astana.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
There was a skinny college kid in a full BMC kit/BMC bike on our group ride last night and I almost rolled up and asked him whether Tejay could do it.

He got dropped hard, I don't know if that means anything.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The motorbikes have been really dodgy at times today.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Weird how Mikel Landa has turned into a turd since he left Astana.

Eh, wouldn't surprise me if he was told to back off and save himself for the bigger climbing days. I'm sure they used to do that with Porte in the first week.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ooooooh huge attack from bardet

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Contador is a broken man this tour.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nice job by De Gendt to hang on too.

I saw Bert

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
gently caress its nice to see GVA get 1st

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

valverde to renounce his support for quintana because he's 4s ahead in the GC

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

clean ayers act posted:

gently caress its nice to see GVA get 1st

G VA single handedly undid belgium's footie loss against Wales today. In fact if you add De Gendt it's become a win, retroactively. Sports!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rip Nibbles, thought he'd lose a minute or two but not 8

He's saying it was part of the plan obviously

serious gaylord posted:

Contador is a broken man this tour.

He's not been eating his steak this year

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Skarsnik posted:

Rip Nibbles, thought he'd lose a minute or two but not 8

He's saying it was part of the plan obviously

It takes him away from contention, so now they might let him get away in a break and he can steal 15 minutes back! Genius.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Hehe

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Sagan is hilarious.

At some point today when he was dogging it up the climbs in the yellow jersey the cameraman drove up to him and he got this huge grin and did some mock gesticulation of playing it off.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
tbf nibbles is coming of a giro win and was roped into helping a guy who he doesnt like. hes just pulling a voekler so he can win a stage later on to rub aru's nose in it.

i thought sagan gave the camera bike an elbow flick which made be lol a bit.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
GVA is the only one in BMC I'm glad to see in yellow, and yet he's someone I never would have guessed to be.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Very casual.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I didn't realise there was a dedicated 'dump your rubbish' section

Thats nice

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
That's no way to refer to nibali's crash.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is a very pretty valley.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

I didn't realise there was a dedicated 'dump your rubbish' section

Thats nice

They added them a few years ago because every stage ended up being 150km of gel packets and bottles strewn by the roadside, you can get fined now if you dump stuff outside them

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Cav is on fire

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought he'd gone a bit early, but he held on.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

Cav is on fire

Yeah seriously, rolling back the years. Thought he was passed it but that was a super classy sprint from him

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That was a straight drag race with Kittel and Cav was faster, incredible.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

That was a straight drag race with Kittel and Cav was faster, incredible.

Interesting that he said he maxed out and wish he'd had a bigger gear so all his recent track training has probably paid off!

Is that the dimension data 'green' jersey? no wonder i couldn't pick it out

Edit: from the graun

A fed-up Marcel Kittel: “There is no tactics. It’s impossible to ride with a team like this. I don’t know why the organisers do it like this. It goes wide, narrow, wide again. It’s just pure chaos. You can win here with smart positioning."

:ironicat:

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 7, 2016

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
I will just put this gem here.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

le jaja

cest un pepe

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Was etix just that poor of a fit for Cav or is more that hes switchd up his regimen?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
THE MANX MISSILE HAS SCORED ANOTHER DIRECT HIT.
From the overhead shot, you can definitely see when Cav tops out and has to go higher cadence to hold off Kittel.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

clean ayers act posted:

Was etix just that poor of a fit for Cav or is more that hes switchd up his regimen?

He's on the team GB tech

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

goatface posted:

He's on the team GB tech

Exactly

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

goatface posted:

He's on the team GB tech

Wasn't he always? If so, delighted that the doping guys have stepped up just in time for the Olympics

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

They rode exclusively for him in the CPH world champs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Wasn't he always? If so, delighted that the doping guys have stepped up just in time for the Olympics

It takes time to build you up to full team GB track potential.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

well one tour he fell off and broke himself on the first or second stage so who knows how hed have done. sprint train certainly wasnt as polished as it has been with other teams while at etix and i'd say looking at his recent sprints him going back to track has reminded him of how good he used to be at wheelhoping at the end of a stage.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

well one tour he fell off and broke himself on the first or second stage so who knows how hed have done. sprint train certainly wasnt as polished as it has been with other teams while at etix and i'd say looking at his recent sprints him going back to track has reminded him of how good he used to be at wheelhoping at the end of a stage.

One cycling podcast theorized that practicing on the track helped with the decision making process and timing of the attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

tarbrush posted:

I was gonna joke that it was pointless given that the velodrome still wasn't finished, but apparently it just was:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rio-mayor-delivers-completed-velodrome-to-olympic-committee-gallery/