Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh i changed my mind wtf is that post
##vote moat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Moatillata posted:

##vote: INFINITUM

Tentative vote for some pressure for him to mount a defense. I'm liking the reasoning behind this one. I also like cckeanes reasoning for kash. The only thing that gives me pause is how hard YPM is pushing it esp when the majority of it came from imgay.

don't want this beauty to linger on post 39

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Well in his defense I did change my mind which is illegal

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I don't like to vote without a reason? I reread the thread and gave my reasoning behind my vote. Not sure that makes you jump your vote onto me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafia edit: why

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You idiots realise I've been asleep right? And the reason I was absent yesterday was I had been minding my niece as it's school holidays in Australia atm.

It's currently 6:20am. I'm still in bed. Prolly going to sleep a bit longer. I'll be up then and posting, like I said I would.

This has been the scummiest push I've seen thus far. You Yanks know I'm an Aussie so you know I'd be asleep.
Gonna have a proper read when I get my rear end up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I can back it ##vote inf Maybe he will come back from his "nap"

Look at this scummy rear end post.

Just look at it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

You idiots realise I've been asleep right? And the reason I was absent yesterday was I had been minding my niece as it's school holidays in Australia atm.

It's currently 6:20am. I'm still in bed. Prolly going to sleep a bit longer. I'll be up then and posting, like I said I would.

This has been the scummiest push I've seen thus far. You Yanks know I'm an Aussie so you know I'd be asleep.
Gonna have a proper read when I get my rear end up.

That's a long nap. Should've said you were going to bed instead :smug:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't care that you were gone that has nothing to do with why I'm voting you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, I've been kind of M.I.A. most of the game. Going to do a re-read today and get up some opinions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don't care that you were gone that has nothing to do with why I'm voting you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Moatillata posted:

I don't like to vote without a reason? I reread the thread and gave my reasoning behind my vote. Not sure that makes you jump your vote onto me.

It's an absolutely garbage and ridiculously hedgy vote. You're putting Inf at -2 for "pressure" and to give him a chance to mount a defence? That's ridiculous.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's an absolutely garbage and ridiculously hedgy vote. You're putting Inf at -2 for "pressure" and to give him a chance to mount a defence? That's ridiculous.

You're absolutely right. I should just post a one sentence vote with no reasoning

Pinterest Mom posted:

im gonna ##vote kash

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote kash

rip alasdair

Pinterest Mom posted:

Jimson jumping in to make a joke vote 4 hours before deadline is no bueno ##vote jimson

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh yeah inf is a great dunk ##vote inf

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh i changed my mind wtf is that post
##vote moat

That's like half your posts. I esp like this one so I'm gonna post it again

Pinterest Mom posted:

:yeah:
##vote jedit

Depending on Infinitums response I know who my next vote will be for

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Did you want to make an argument for why I'm scummy or just quote my post history

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The fact that the majority of your posts are no opinion me too votes speaks for itself. I'm sticking with infinitum for now but now you are on my suspicion list.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kasumeat posted:

Makes an Inf/Jedit scumteam even more likely, yet you seem convinced that Jedit isn't scum. I still hate how Jedit played D1, and this post trying to take pressure off of Inf just makes Jedit look even scummier.

I'm not trying to take the pressure off Infinitum. He was lynch leader when I posted, that's already pressure. Any more than that is just providing opportunities for scum to bandwagon and have a really cheap defence if he flips Town.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Jedit posted:

I'm not trying to take the pressure off Infinitum. He was lynch leader when I posted, that's already pressure. Any more than that is just providing opportunities for scum to bandwagon and have a really cheap defence if he flips Town.

Momentum is a thing, and you're trying to kill it while saying you're not. If you're and townie and scared of him getting turboed without getting a chance to claim or something like that, you could've just voted but said "L-X now, please don't hammer until we hear from him". On the other hand, If Inf is your scumbuddy, your post is a perfect way to hedge by saying "hey guys I was suspicious too!!" yet not actually vote for him until you're sure he's going down.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kasumeat posted:

Momentum is a thing, and you're trying to kill it while saying you're not. If you're and townie and scared of him getting turboed without getting a chance to claim or something like that, you could've just voted but said "L-X now, please don't hammer until we hear from him". On the other hand, If Inf is your scumbuddy, your post is a perfect way to hedge by saying "hey guys I was suspicious too!!" yet not actually vote for him until you're sure he's going down.

We didn't want momentum on him. The stated point of the exercise was to put him under enough pressure that he'd play to avoid being lynched, not to start a ball rolling and crush him.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Jedit posted:

We didn't want momentum on him. The stated point of the exercise was to put him under enough pressure that he'd play to avoid being lynched, not to start a ball rolling and crush him.

No I wanted to crush and murder him

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh lol i just realised something

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote infini

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Infinitum (7): Your Personal Muse, Kashuno, dongsbot 9000, Absurd Revolver, Pinterest Mom, Kasumeat, Moatillata, Pinterest Mom, imgay
Moatillata (2): Jedit, Pinterest Mom
Kashuno (2): Infinitum, CCKeane, Pinterest Mom, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, Pinterest Mom
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): The Ninth Layer
Jedit (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Kasumeat, Absurd Revolver, Kasumeat
The Ninth Layer (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Absurd Revolver (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
CCKeane (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (3): Alasdair Crawfish, Ernie., MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2016 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 2 minutes.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Currently L-2

imgay posted:

Oh lol i just realised something

Which is?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
He started the case but forgot to vote infinitum

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Moatillata posted:

He started the case but forgot to vote infinitum

I'm not sure I like that. imgay was quick enough to hop on Jimson with less justification.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi good morning.

Lot of votes on me.

Lot of bad votes that is.

Scum votes.

Texas tea.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

voat moat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'm having a look first.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK had a quick look at what the hell happened after I made my quick check-in post explaining that I had been out for most of the day, was catching some Zzzs, and would have a proper read through of the thread afterwards.
To me D1 had just ended, D2 was a 48hr period and I spent the first 24 hours doing some IRL poo poo, and was expecting to come in and start playing properly.

Kash starts it off with this.

Kashuno posted:

motherfucker post some real poo poo.

To which YPM chimes in with

Can you two town people stop fighting and talk about Inf

Actually this fight seems manufactured but I'll get to that later let's talk about the scum known as Inf

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: on inf. He isn't playing at all.

Kashuno posted:

Yeah no poo poo I'm not playing. I'm asleep like I said I was.

2 more votes followed in the space of 15min and started the dogpile.
It seems opportunistic as hell to start a post on someone who said he'd be out for a bit, and would check in afterwards.

Kasumeat posted:

Fair enough.

Well, doesn't look like Jedit is happening tonight, but I'm still happy with this.

##vote Inf
L-3

gently caress this vote.
"Oh gee I can't make a case for Jedit today, guess I'll push this guy. HEY IT'S MINUS THREE GUYS"

Moatillata posted:

##vote: INFINITUM

Tentative vote for some pressure for him to mount a defense. I'm liking the reasoning behind this one. I also like cckeanes reasoning for kash. The only thing that gives me pause is how hard YPM is pushing it esp when the majority of it came from imgay.

gently caress this vote as well.
"Hmm I don't have a case for him, but I suppose the fact everyone else is voting for him is good enough for me! That's a reason right? PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!"

tl;dr summary
- Kash+YPM start the push on me. Not liking either of them atm. Particularly Kash for dumb meta bullshit, which he pushed Jimbo D1 for
- Kasumeat basically admitting he can't push Jedit today, so may as well bus someone else
- Weak as hell reasoning from Moat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to have a read of the D2 posts now and catch up properly.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

You completely ignored the rolefishing, which is the real reason we're voting you. There are lots of people who haven't done anything useful so far in this game, but that just has no explanation.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah that vote by Moat is hot garbage and I'm not liking one bit of it.

Reading the first few pages of D2 and it's starting to seem like scum are just trying to push anyone not actively 'playing' the game.
Especially after experiencing the brunt of it at the moment.

Jedit is the early push D2 for unvoting at the end of D1 because he had IRL poo poo to do, but I'm liking him more for town atm.

Jedit posted:

When am I supposed to have Mafia dadded, in the five posts I made on Day 1?

I unvoted imgay to make sure he didn't get lynched as a sole viable candidate in a game that, when I went out, was practically dead and hadn't properly got out of joke phase. I've explained why I wanted him gone, I would have been happy to have him gone, but not at the cost of losing an entire day's discussion because "welp, guess it's imgay or nobody".

##vote Moatillata

You want to see someone Mafia dadding and distancing themselves from a mislynch? Look at the guy asking "Which of these two reasons to vote Jedit is why you're voting for him?" as someone votes for me without explanation, when both reasons combined evidently aren't enough cause for him to drop a vote on me.

Agreeing with his sentiment on moat.

Kashuno gets called out a bit for his lovely meta reads.

CCKeane posted:

The practice of reading entrails (to see the future) is called haruspicy.

The practice of reading poo poo (to determine alignment) is called reading Kash's posts.

Whooooooooooolllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee lot of meta poo poo from Kash for a bit, so it looks like he's trying to play the meta game on everyone rather than actually reading the game and having an opinion

-----------------------------------------------------

Finally hitting the poo poo about me 'rolefishing' by applying pressure, which is what I'm guessing a few people are voting me for, but the rest are just dogpile votes.

It's less rolefishing, and more seeing how people defend themselves, seeing a claim is benefit and something to be expected when that happens. Getting called out for it is odd, as it's a good way to produce content to analyse D2.
This is poo poo I only really do D1 when we've got nothing to go on, and are just slowly exiting joke phase to start the game proper.
The tide was shifting to Jimson, so I did vote for him and I did that to see what he would claim.

If you look at his post history, he never claimed anything to save himself, so I left my vote on him
It seemed like lurky scummy behavior not to defend himself.

Yeah that's part of my ~D1 meta~ play, so there you go.

If you want me to defend something, I don't think I've got a drat thing I need to defend.

---------------------------------------------------------------

But the real superstar I want to point out at the moment. Kasumeat.

Kasumeat posted:

Also just some constructive criticism of this game's ON NOTICE system: I would be very happy to see an Alasdair lynch here for his lurking but the ON NOTICE system actually discourages us from voting the lurker now because it gives us the promise of a free lynch on him tomorrow if we want to take it. If he's scum, it gives him the opportunity to make a bunch of spam posts by the end of the day to dodge the free lynch, then resume lurking, and repeat ad infinitum.

Kasumeat posted:

I agree that Inf is looking scummier and scummier. In the last game I played with him he was super active and we were both VT and he tried to push a lynch on me because I correctly called 2 scum on day 1. I haven't seen him play scum before, but he's playing much more passively.

Makes an Inf/Jedit scumteam even more likely, yet you (YPM) seem convinced that Jedit isn't scum. I still hate how Jedit played D1, and this post trying to take pressure off of Inf just makes Jedit look even scummier.

Kasumeat posted:

Fair enough.

Well, doesn't look like Jedit is happening tonight, but I'm still happy with this.

##vote Inf
L-3

Here we have Kas pushing a lurker lynch, followed by trying to peg me and Jedit together as scum team for some reason, even though we haven't even shared a similar opinion on anyone, doesn't present a case whatsoever for Jedit, and immediately jumps ship onto me once the tide is heading my way (Casually reminding everyone I'm only three away from lynch... oh wait make that -2 tee hee)

Scum rear end motherfucker that has 0 opinions, wants to vote lurkers we can free lynch tomorrow, and is trying to tie people together when there's nothing there.

##vote Kasumeat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

You completely ignored the rolefishing, which is the real reason we're voting you. There are lots of people who haven't done anything useful so far in this game, but that just has no explanation.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote jedit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scum pickings would be
- Kasumeat
- Kashuno for dumb meta poo poo
- YPM for "I agreeing" Kash's dumb meta poo poo
- Moat for weak rear end votes with no opinions

Not necessarily in that order.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Scum pickings would be
- Kasumeat
- Kashuno for dumb meta poo poo
- YPM for "I agreeing" Kash's dumb meta poo poo
- Moat for weak rear end votes with no opinions

Not necessarily in that order.

WHAT META poo poo loving HELL PEOPLE YALL ARE STUPID THATS THE REAL META

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kasumeat strikes me as enthusiastic newbie more than anything else. In general I haven't felt great about the posts I have seen but nothing tips me strongly to a scum read. I would probably vote for him before voting Infinitum.

I could get behind a Moat vote though. A "pressure vote" to cap off a rush of votes is horribly conspicuous, makes it seem like Moat wanted to join the bandwagon but needed some plausible reason for a vote.

I still think MEDS(Betrayer) is scum, I have a gut suspicion on Keane too.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Here we have Kas pushing a lurker lynch, followed by trying to peg me and Jedit together as scum team for some reason, even though we haven't even shared a similar opinion on anyone, doesn't present a case whatsoever for Jedit, and immediately jumps ship onto me once the tide is heading my way (Casually reminding everyone I'm only three away from lynch... oh wait make that -2 tee hee)

Scum rear end motherfucker that has 0 opinions, wants to vote lurkers we can free lynch tomorrow, and is trying to tie people together when there's nothing there.

##vote Kasumeat

That is a really special interpretation of reality.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

WHAT META poo poo loving HELL PEOPLE YALL ARE STUPID THATS THE REAL META

Gee I wonder where Kashuno put all his meta casi...

Kashuno posted:

Can we please vote the guy who scum claimed

Kashuno posted:

Jimson said he is probably scum. He scum claims every time he is scum to see how long he can get away with it

Kashuno posted:

the guy literally scum claimed. come on now.

Kashuno posted:

Except Jimson has been scum when he scum claims...

Kashuno posted:

EXCEPT HE IS ACTUALLY SCUM WHEN HE SCUM CLAIMS

Kashuno posted:

Like I've literally had convos with him before when he has said to me "lol go read this game you're not in I'm scum I claimed and they still won't lynch me"

NOT ME.

Kashuno posted:

show me the last time that happened

Kashuno posted:

I'm not using a meta argument to call out your alignment, I'm using a meta argument to say "hm Keane will probably react vividly if I vote him," which you have.

Kashuno posted:

In the soldiers game TMM and I spent the entire game fighting and causing HUGE issues in the thread that people were convinced there was no way we were both scum but we were.

Kashuno posted:

Explain to me how I got Jimson lynched when he scum claimed and no one agreed with my meta case but instead "eh he is useless and scum claimed."

Kashuno posted:

Keane, once again I haven't called you scum not cited meta as a reason for scumminess, just a reaction. What is with you

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: on inf. He isn't playing at all.

Kashuno posted:

Play the game instead of arguing for dumb meta crap dumbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

That is a really special interpretation of reality.

OK then.

Make a case for me and Jedit as scum team. That seems to be your opinion.

Back it up.

• Locked thread