Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

AA was the only person trying to get the vote onto MMT yesterday.

This is true, and I went back and voted Jimson. I admitted to it being a gutfeel on MMT.

I've been on all the boss and scum lynches. I wouldn't do that even for town cred.

However, at this point a misslynch is bad. I feel worst about flerp and Pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
jimmy :(

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Do you feel betrayed? Or did you know all along in your heart of hearts?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i just feel dead inside

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
even if we win, at what cost?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
TQ I have to say I am not happy with your choice. I think Jimbo got his way with that one.

Not wanting to start anything just feel a need for tweed to express mho

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
:ghost: mafia is dead :ghost:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

:ghost: mafia is dead :ghost:

Spirit for whom do you speak?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also. Anybody here? Buncha people died nobody cried. We gonna solve this poo poo or what

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Anybody have any actions last night?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nope :(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
My posting over the next few days might be a bit sporadic since I'm in Boston over the weekend. I was going to solve this game on the flight but Jetblue's wifi was down :eng99:

Moatillata posted:

Spirit for whom do you speak?

I'm pretty sure that's Adahn :911:

Truth Quark posted:

Turns out Jimson wasn't stupid enough to list his entire team in the notebook but I still had to test it.

I'dve done the same thing. Also lol @ LD's new avatar.

Cases to follow in upcoming posts.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah I noticed his av when I got home. I have avs disabled when I'm not on wifi

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Oh loving :laffo:

That av

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Moatillata posted:

Anybody have any actions last night?

Nope, just had the one action.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean why would Jimson kill KB after making it clear to everyone that he thinks that he's a power role? If he were scum, wouldn't he pretend he thinks that KB is vanilla to not have a clear motive for targetting him?

Before Jimson's rolecop claim it feels like SSV was at least trying to move suspicion away from him. Also, this seems like a huge hypothetical to base a case on, especially from someone as random as Jimson.

SirSamVimes posted:

Also kinda suspicious of AA still being alive and without shine. You'd think that either someone would have given him some or killed him. Scum know just as much/little about the setup as we do, so they couldn't be sure that he wouldn't get shine.

SSV - who is your strongest read now and why? Most of the people you've cased (Hal, ANarc, Viva) save for AA are dead and flipped town. Is there a stronger case on AA than "scum would have killed him if he were really a cop"?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Only person I'm really suspicious of is AA for that reason. But as you've noted, my reads have been awful this game.

To be honest, I'm somewhat suspicious of you. Your questioning feels too... Iunno, it feels like someone trying to look townie by asking friendly questions of people.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I feel like there is going to be a lot of me quoting people and saying "who is your strongest read and why?" so if people want to just answer that without being prompted, that'd be cool. This game feels like a mirror of Shine 1 where it feels like everyone (except, ironically, TQ) feels like they're kind of coasting along to avoid suspicion.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My top 3 picks are flerp, SSV or Pig.

I really don't like flerp's reactions to some pressure on the last game day.

SSV's claim seems suspicious and at that, their play seems to be a bit less than genuine in my opinion.

I've voiced my opinion on Pig. I was mistaken when I thought he was bussing, but it doesn't change the fact that he tunneled ANarc and has more or less vanished since her flip.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What is suspicious about my claim?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

What is suspicious about my claim?

What roles were available to you when you took spymaster? Did you try to take any others that weren't there?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Did we ever figure out a fourth action?

We have a redirect, and 2 NKs, spymaster is excluded. So what would the fourth action be? At this point, it doesn't seem like anyone has any shine left. I suppose it could be an undisclosed scum move, but I can't imagine what or who it would be used on.

Additionally, it just seems like a convenient claim to make when you can get the information from Podima's posts and no one can really attest to it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
speculation of night actions is sincerely not worth our time

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

Actually it is in this case, because I think SSV is lying. I don't think there was a fourth action and I think Spymaster is a convenient claim.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My top 3 picks are flerp, SSV or Pig.

I really don't like flerp's reactions to some pressure on the last game day.

SSV's claim seems suspicious and at that, their play seems to be a bit less than genuine in my opinion.

I've voiced my opinion on Pig. I was mistaken when I thought he was bussing, but it doesn't change the fact that he tunneled ANarc and has more or less vanished since her flip.

Umm no I haven't AA, JEEZ. I had all the required amounts of posts and voted for jimson and everything! gosh!

I just don't know now I am waiting to see what people say before I make any decisions because my number 1 scum pick was town.

My number 2 pick turned out to be scum though so thats good.

Now I am just sort of, at a loss.

SSV is lurky and what content he does have is just not really anything so maybe him, who knows?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

I would argue that given the slow pace of conversation this game day, whatever gets people talking is good.

I notice that both flerp and SSV have been on AA for awhile but neither one seems particularly invested in trying to actually get people on board there. I can definitely see a world where SSV/flerp are last scums and AA is the patsy case (an easy push since he was on me instead of Jimson). Rereading AA now.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
so wait your saying that ssv would fake claim as spymaster while it can be counterclaimed by another shine backup saying they already got the role/were too slow to get the role.

not only that, you think ssv would then say that there were four actions as spymaster when they can only guess how many actions will go on night. which can be p easily figured out because we know there are two actions and require 3+ townies to just say we had actions.

and your saying that ssv would do that OVER just saying they were universal shine backup and chose not to take the spymaster role because its not very useful.

also, you dont consider that there could possibly be universal shine backups for scum as well.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
and by scum having universal shine backup, i mean that ssv could have picked up the role (which i have no real reason to disbelieve tbh) and still be scum

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Hi I'm still here and will do some reads tomorrow.

The bright side of Viva's death is I don't have to spend today wondering if the mafia moming was scummy or not, or whether the claimed rolecop is town. So thanks scum I guess? Might mean the last scum have roles that aren't ever town though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Can backups inherit roles from dead backups?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Throwing shade on my backup claim is really weird.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

so wait your saying that ssv would fake claim as spymaster while it can be counterclaimed by another shine backup saying they already got the role/were too slow to get the role.

not only that, you think ssv would then say that there were four actions as spymaster when they can only guess how many actions will go on night. which can be p easily figured out because we know there are two actions and require 3+ townies to just say we had actions.

and your saying that ssv would do that OVER just saying they were universal shine backup and chose not to take the spymaster role because its not very useful.

also, you dont consider that there could possibly be universal shine backups for scum as well.

I'm having trouble parsing your points. They don't come across very clearly, and you kind of paint a picture where SSV could still be scum even if they did take spymaster... I've bolded that bit for you.

I'd like you to elaborate on your second and fourth point, because I honestly am having trouble trying to understand what you're getting at.

I mean I said what I said, what was unclear about it? Where as most of your post in defense of SSV is not only unclear, but seems too much on the side of disbelief. Seems like a really contrived act more than anything.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I actually don't find SSV suspicious right now. Spymaster could have been counterclaimed and wasn't, and he's been consistent with his backup claim. A scum backup probably wouldn't pick up the Spymaster role over, say, a rolecop or a redirector.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

Can backups inherit roles from dead backups?

No, they can't.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
If I'm right about SSV, then I think Cpig makes sense as scum. If he inherited a role sometime in the past and used it the same night SSV used Spymaster thing, that accounts for the missing action. My guess right now is that he got tpink's rolecop back on day 3. Nobody claimed inheriting that one, none of the backups that have flipped took it, and it seems like way too appetizing of a role to just leave on the table.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm having trouble parsing your points. They don't come across very clearly, and you kind of paint a picture where SSV could still be scum even if they did take spymaster... I've bolded that bit for you.

I'd like you to elaborate on your second and fourth point, because I honestly am having trouble trying to understand what you're getting at.

I mean I said what I said, what was unclear about it? Where as most of your post in defense of SSV is not only unclear, but seems too much on the side of disbelief. Seems like a really contrived act more than anything.

you are v convinced that im scum and there is literally nothing i can say or do to convince you otherwise, i know that now. you are also obsessed with saying that everything i say is unclear. idk why. maybe im not articulate enough for you but this is apparently the first game this has come up ever, and nobody else in this game seems to have this issue with me.

and wtf do you mean "on the side of disbelief?" that i dont know that SSV is scum or town? shocker: I dont. that i dont know that SSV is spymaster? i dont. that i domt believe your case? i dont. but it doesnt matter with you imho. im trying to be cautious here since a mislynch can make us lose here depending on the number of scum left. still everything i say this game will only keep convincing you im scum so i only hope that other people will realize im town so we can win this loving game.

likewise, i never said you were unclear. i just said that your idea was, frankly, loving stupid.

second point - if SSV fake claimed spymaster and said they saw four actions, if three townies (2 nks + 3 town actions means 5 actions which isnt 4) come forward, then thats an easily caught lie. that seems like an odd choice to do as scum as they likely dont know everyone's role. even then, as i elaborate on my fourth point, that doesnt even convince me they are town.

fourth point - SSV couldve inherited the spymaster role and still be scum. so, while i believe ssv got spymaster, they can be scum. i dont believe that they wouldve fake claimed as spymaster.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
CPig have you still not inherited anything?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

CPig have you still not inherited anything?

I have been beaten to the punch every time I try to take something.

Last night for example. Someone seems to have snapped up redirector pretty quickly.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

I have been beaten to the punch every time I try to take something.

Last night for example. Someone seems to have snapped up redirector pretty quickly.

I'm not convinced by this, because for it to be true either SSV is a scum backup and there's another scum backup in the game who picked up redirector (an awfully weird role to snap up this late in the game, especially when we know it doesn't apply to nightkills), or SSV is a town backup and there's a scum backup in the game and someone who is not a scum backup lied about their Shine stash yesterday. (a stretch, plus, again, who is going to jump on redirector at this point?)

##vote cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm not convinced by this, because for it to be true either SSV is a scum backup and there's another scum backup in the game who picked up redirector (an awfully weird role to snap up this late in the game, especially when we know it doesn't apply to nightkills), or SSV is a town backup and there's a scum backup in the game and someone who is not a scum backup lied about their Shine stash yesterday. (a stretch, plus, again, who is going to jump on redirector at this point?)

##vote cpig

I have been beaten to the punch to everything so far I might as well try to get something before the end of the game.

• Locked thread