Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

I have been beaten to the punch to everything so far I might as well try to get something before the end of the game.

That's not what I'm questioning here. I'm questioning how a scum backup A) doesn't pick up tpink's rolecop after day 3 and B) waits until now to snag redirector, an essentially useless role. It isn't plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Flying Leatherman posted:

That's not what I'm questioning here. I'm questioning how a scum backup A) doesn't pick up tpink's rolecop after day 3 and B) waits until now to snag redirector, an essentially useless role. It isn't plausible.

Well, sorry? I don't know what to tell you. Someone did.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I don't buy it. I also don't buy that CPig tried to pick up Glowku's brewer, then didn't try to pick up KB's cop.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

I don't buy it. I also don't buy that CPig tried to pick up Glowku's brewer, then didn't try to pick up KB's cop.

Sorry you are a dumb idiot.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

Sorry you are a dumb idiot.

Am I? Because I asked if you inherited anything, and you said this

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah i tried to get brewer but wasn't fast enough.

You only tried to get Brewer up to this point, which is a good role for town and scum. You didn't bother trying to inherit alignment cop at all, a role that helps town but does not help scum in the slightest.

You also completely vanished after getting ANarc lynched, contributing nothing at all to the game after that point.

##vote CPig gg ez

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

Am I? Because I asked if you inherited anything, and you said this

You only tried to get Brewer up to this point, which is a good role for town and scum. You didn't bother trying to inherit alignment cop at all, a role that helps town but does not help scum in the slightest.

You also completely vanished after getting ANarc lynched, contributing nothing at all to the game after that point.

##vote CPig gg ez

lol you are really just super dumb, stop and think for a minute.

You may have this vision in your head of me actually caring about getting roles that compliment your faction. your action choices should be about fun and chaos which I prize much more highly than "oh this role will be helpful for town to have" I wanted to redirect something I thought it would be funny if anyone still had shine left to make it go to a different place possibly.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

You may have this vision in your head of me actually caring about getting roles that compliment your faction. your action choices should be about fun and chaos which I prize much more highly than "oh this role will be helpful for town to have" I wanted to redirect something I thought it would be funny if anyone still had shine left to make it go to a different place possibly.

OR and hear me out on this... you're scum?

I know crazy thought.

:byewhore:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

OR and hear me out on this... you're scum?

I know crazy thought.

:byewhore:

I love how you are so earnestly sold on your stupid weak case but I can't wait to flip so you can be publically dumb and wrong instead of just dumb and wrong to me.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

This is really weak justification imo. Especially when we've pretty much established that there isn't any Shine left in the game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

This is really weak justification imo. Especially when we've pretty much established that there isn't any Shine left in the game.

Oh I'm sorry did you have a link to the setup doc? Then you never know, we don't know anything and I just wanted to try to get a role, but you are welcome to lynch me and see. Then we can waste another day and TQ can keep shooting more townies until scum wins.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh I'm sorry did you have a link to the setup doc? Then you never know, we don't know anything and I just wanted to try to get a role, but you are welcome to lynch me and see. Then we can waste another day and TQ can keep shooting more townies until scum wins.

Ok I'll humor you -- who is scum if your perfectly informed world?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Why would I need a link to the setup doc to know that? Looking at all the PR claims so far in this game nobody's had a huge amount of Shine to start the game and both of our Brewers ran out of Shine back on day 2. So unless one person started the game with 5+ Shine, which contradicts everything in thread so far, and also lied about it, and you also think using a redirect blindly on one of 7 players in hopes that that your target coincides with this mysterious Shine-user's target...

In addition to everything else that I already discussed in terms of why your inheritance claims make no sense, no less.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CapitalistPig posted:

I have been beaten to the punch every time I try to take something.

Last night for example. Someone seems to have snapped up redirector pretty quickly.

What was your thought process when you chose redirector?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Why would I need a link to the setup doc to know that? Looking at all the PR claims so far in this game nobody's had a huge amount of Shine to start the game and both of our Brewers ran out of Shine back on day 2. So unless one person started the game with 5+ Shine, which contradicts everything in thread so far, and also lied about it, and you also think using a redirect blindly on one of 7 players in hopes that that your target coincides with this mysterious Shine-user's target...

In addition to everything else that I already discussed in terms of why your inheritance claims make no sense, no less.

Just so it's clear, I agree with these points and would vote Pig pending something crazy happening.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

What was your thought process when you chose redirector?

Get a thing, try to make funny things happen.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Get a thing, try to make funny things happen.

##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

Ok I'll humor you -- who is scum if your perfectly informed world?

It is probably that SSV guy

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Have you thought through who you would be using the redirect on tonight in the event you're not lynched?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

It is probably that SSV guy

A+ read

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

Have you thought through who you would be using the redirect on tonight in the event you're not lynched?

Nah

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

So I guess the real question now is if there's another scum or whether we're done after today's vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
FL if you're a godfather... I'm going to be so pissed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh there is probably another scum, provided we lynch correctly today.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Eh there is probably another scum, provided we lynch correctly today.

If so, who do you think it is out of who's left?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

If so, who do you think it is out of who's left?

(Assuming CPig is scum, because I don't really have many doubts left on that after recent posts)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

FL if you're a godfather... I'm going to be so pissed.

Has anyone flipped anything other than Vanilla {Shine role} or USB? While TQ is a clear exception I feel like it'd be weird for there to be one other non-vanilla.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Has anyone flipped anything other than Vanilla {Shine role} or USB? While TQ is a clear exception I feel like it'd be weird for there to be one other non-vanilla.

Not that I'm aware of. I'm fine voting out pig today. My reads have mostly been poo poo, but he pinged me on more than one occasion this game. Still feel ways about flerp and ssv, but eh.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Not that I'm aware of. I'm fine voting out pig today. My reads have mostly been poo poo, but he pinged me on more than one occasion this game. Still feel ways about flerp and ssv, but eh.

i feel you :wink:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
actually i feel nothing now that jimmy's dead

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I mean, bosses.

But yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat of thinking here.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 6 :beerpal:

CapitalistPig (3): Flying Leatherman, Truth Quark, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, flerp, Moatillata, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 24 minutes.

"Shine is a crutch. Yeah, you heard me. Sure, it does all these amazing things, but what's it doing to your minds?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote CapitalistPig

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Okay. I'm feeling pretty good about cpig lynch. Gonna wait for ssv to chime in here

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Because he is at -1 and that is a scary way to be

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually let's talk about your kill TQ. I want to ascertain your target (or lack thereof) before hammer

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

Because he is at -1 and that is a scary way to be

Wait for SSV sure, but feel no remorse at the death of pig.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Good morning. Is CPig's justification for picking up redirector really just that he wants to cause trouble? Jeeze. I'll hammer him once I post a few more times to hit the 10 post limit.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lemme look back and give a few more opinions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Still kinda suspicious of flerp for taking redirector. It feels like a completely anti-town role.

Flerp, do you know if your redirected targets (e.g. a cop) say "Your target is town/not town" or if they know who their new target is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only reason not to vote CPig that I can think of is "no scum would be dumb enough to admit wanting to take a role for anti-town purposes" but "too dumb to be scum" is never a good reason.

• Locked thread