Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was just thinking yesterday about how well Mad Max, especially the newest movie, would work into SRW. I mean, if they were robots and not cars. It's got the near religious veneration of machines and everything.

Redline also. From time to time Stages get interrupted by the next step of the race until the race is over and the racers car/mechs join the team for good. Sweet JP's a unit that doesn't deal damage, like Basara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo

Edit: Let's also add Bryger to Super Robot Cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
SRW with all car robots and robots on wheels. This includes R1 KMFs, and Zero is constantly trying to crash the races.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Caphi posted:

SRW with all car robots and robots on wheels. This includes R1 KMFs, and Zero is constantly trying to crash the races.

You laugh but I'd be super hype.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I honestly think a transforming original would be super keen. It's been since, what, the Valhawk?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want an original that's a transformers-esque sentient mech with no pilot

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

i want an original that's a transformers-esque sentient mech with no pilot

Z should have had K-Mart brand Choryujin to go with it's GGG knockoff.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

dis astranagant posted:

Z should have had K-Mart brand Choryujin to go with it's GGG knockoff.

Its what?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gunleon is sort of gggish i guess but it reminds me more of like the constructicons from transformers than ggg

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Clearly referring to the Chaos Leo :v:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally bought a proper external video recorder, but mostly just for screenshots.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
MX is the kind of game where you can throw a dart board at your cast list and max out any unit it lands on and solo the entire game with it except the last couple of stages with zero to no effort. Until W came out it was the easiest game in the franchise.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The MX TFO is literally invincible against 90% of enemies in the game and nothing can hit it. It owns. If I could I would field an army of 15 TFOs and show those Vegans how it's done.

MX Evangelions also never take damage from anything that isn't an Angel or a late game boss but they can't run all over the map with impunity so eh.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Caphi posted:

Don't forget my homeboy IGPX.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TARDISman posted:

Don't forget my homeboy IGPX.

And Rideback!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress it, I'm gonna try MX portable, despite it being the lesser version, because I like playing SRW on the go.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

gently caress it, I'm gonna try MX portable, despite it being the lesser version, because I like playing SRW on the go.

Have fun watching 1 battle animation per train ride.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The final fight of the GC/XO guys was maybe the closest fight I have ever had in SRW. Thanks to all those drat map attacks that knock off half everyone's HP, I think the average HP remaining for all my units was under 1000. Hagane finished at like 235 and Lune struck the winning blow at 150 or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wish we get more news on SRWV soon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Have fun watching 1 battle animation per train ride.

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So have these been seen here already? Someone got some pictures of the English build of Moon Dwellers.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Yzgsn

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I want to say that I'm surprised but I'm really not

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Phone screencaps in 2016 on a console with built-in screencap functionality.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Argas posted:

MD blocks screenshots.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Argas posted:

It was taken from a con (pictures were forbidden).

The only thing that bothers me from these screenshots is the title of the stage. Everything else is as expected.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Same.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 10, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I was expecting hilariously bad, and sort of hoping for surprisingly good as a long shot.

Instead it's just overly literal. Bleh.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Yeah, that's about what we've been seeing from preview screenshots.

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

MarsDragon posted:

Yeah, that's about what we've been seeing from preview screenshots.

Is anyone really surprised by this?

I was kind of hoping to avoid Hagwane.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The only thing that could be better would be if they also went full TV Nihon on this.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

What was the original line? Because I'm betting you :10bux: that it was "そんな。。。あたしだって。。。!"

But, really, literal but readable was what we got with Gundam Breaker 3 and that's about what I expected. It was never going to be an actual localization.

Prism posted:

I was kind of hoping to avoid Hagwane.

Blame Banpresto for this because they're the ones who've been pushing these romanizations for years now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I just wanted DIE GRANTEED.

Was that so much to ask?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I was expecting hilariously bad, and sort of hoping for surprisingly good as a long shot.

Instead it's just overly literal. Bleh.
At least it's not say, Duwang tier translations.

In all seriousness, this is about what I expected. Still not sold on the font choice, unless that was the best option to fit some of the longer attack/unit/character names in their display slots.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Brunom1 posted:

What was the original line? Because I'm betting you :10bux: that it was "そんな。。。あたしだって。。。!"

But, really, literal but readable was what we got with Gundam Breaker 3 and that's about what I expected. It was never going to be an actual localization.

Blame Banpresto for this because they're the ones who've been pushing these romanizations for years now.

You got that Tenia quote mostly right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ifftL9ILpw&t=977s

Despite what people feel about Hagwane there's technically nothing wrong with it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I love, so much, that there is a codex entry for "That Goddamn Amoeba Thing."

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Oh, I was.

ShiunTouya posted:

Despite what people feel about Hagwane there's technically nothing wrong with it.

Aren't gwa and kwa archaic and obsolete even in Nihon-shiki transliteration? They made some pretty hilarious mistranslations in the same set I first saw Hagwane in (an artbook, I think) with stuff like Sladgelmir, so...

edit: vvvvvv pretty much that, ultimately, though.

Prism fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 10, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just care about menu translations, everything else is gravy.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Prism posted:

Aren't gwa and kwa archaic and obsolete even in Nihon-shiki transliteration? They made some pretty hilarious mistranslations in the same set I first saw Hagwane in (an artbook, I think) with stuff like Sladgelmir, so...

edit: vvvvvv pretty much that, ultimately, though.

They're old-style romanizations, yes. This is probably on purpose.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

MarsDragon posted:

They're old-style romanizations, yes. This is probably on purpose.

I can't see why. For ship names maybe, but the same book used 'Kwai' instead of 'Kai' everywhere (except Kitamura's name, I think) so it mostly just strikes me as an odd choice.

I mean, it's Banpresto's decision. I was just hoping they wouldn't stick with it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
If it were merely dull-but-accurate translating, it would be perfectly tolerable, as much as I'd mourn it not being Atlus. The problem is that "WOE OF THE LAND" does not fill me with faith that it's not simply an extremely amateur job all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Tae posted:

I just care about menu translations, everything else is gravy.

I don't get this. You can just memorize the menus if you have to. The story is the important part.

• Locked thread