Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay I think that's 10. Any objections to a hammer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I won't be here for deadline, unfortunately.

The last scum is almost definitely somewhere in AA, flerp, and MMT - they're the 3 people left whose actions or role can't be verified in thread, as far as I can tell. (I am phone posting, but I believe this is accurate - I was working this out earlier. Please correct me if we were able to verify any of their night actions)

(If Cpig flips scum & has a role, both of which I expect to happen, that makes SSV's spymaster claim more solid, IMO.)

Of those I find MMT most town based on posting patterns.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Did we ever figure out a fourth action?

We have a redirect, and 2 NKs, spymaster is excluded. So what would the fourth action be? At this point, it doesn't seem like anyone has any shine left. I suppose it could be an undisclosed scum move, but I can't imagine what or who it would be used on.

Additionally, it just seems like a convenient claim to make when you can get the information from Podima's posts and no one can really attest to it.

Flying Leatherman posted:

If I'm right about SSV, then I think Cpig makes sense as scum. If he inherited a role sometime in the past and used it the same night SSV used Spymaster thing, that accounts for the missing action. My guess right now is that he got tpink's rolecop back on day 3. Nobody claimed inheriting that one, none of the backups that have flipped took it, and it seems like way too appetizing of a role to just leave on the table.

Quoting this because it's a great point that I initially missed while skimming to catch up today

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
TQ please withhold the NK

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote cpig

:redhammer:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Moatillata posted:

TQ please withhold the NK

YOU'RE NOT MY DAD

But yeah prolly

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without CapitalistPig!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Still kinda suspicious of flerp for taking redirector. It feels like a completely anti-town role.

Flerp, do you know if your redirected targets (e.g. a cop) say "Your target is town/not town" or if they know who their new target is?

uhhh idk? all i got back when i did my action was that it was a success.

also it choose it for the lols and chaos reigns etc etc basically the same exact reason why cpig picked it but im still town

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
it was actually p stupid but also p lol that i got 3 shine for like the worst town role

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 6 :beerpal:

CapitalistPig (5): Flying Leatherman, Truth Quark, Murmur Twin, Anomalous Amalgam, Moatillata

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, flerp, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 49 minutes.

"Shine is a crutch. Yeah, you heard me. Sure, it does all these amazing things, but what's it doing to your minds?"

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 6:

pre:
User			Posts
Truth Quark		335
Anomalous Amalgam	311
Moatillata		254
flerp			194
Murmur Twin		94
SirSamVimes		77
Flying Leatherman	56
Since you lynched early nobody will be ON NOTICE for Day 7. I would hope that at this point in the game I don't need to do posting nudges anymore, but we'll see!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"You're an idiot. You know that? You are all so stupid. You're going to shoot yourselves in the foot if you shoot me. No, not literally. What the hell is wrong with you? Besides the whole 'about to kill the wrong guy' thing, I mean."

His protests were, as usual, useless - ended with a sadly-familiar burst of gunfire.

quote:

'Peanuts' is the dumbest nickname ever. You wish you could have killed the guy that gave you that one, but it would have blown your cover - probably, anyhow. These Outfit goons really are the dumbest idiots ever. But this caper has been well worth your time, since you learned something very very important.

You wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't shown you herself - such humble ingredients, when combined in the right way, quite literally made miracles happen. Now it's up to you to get these somewhere useful... useful for your own purposes, that is.

:rip: CapitalistPig, aka Kai 'Peanuts' Sclafani, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was executed on Day 6! :rip:

Night 6 begins now. You have ~18 hours from this post (before 7/9 12:00 PM EDT) to get me your night actions. Please let me know if you have an action and are not using it.

:siren: If you are cool with the night ending early once all actions are in and processed (i.e. could happen at any nonspecific time), please PM me with "##shortnight". I will only do this if the entire game unanimously agrees. :siren:

The Outfit - or what's left of it - will reconvene no later than tomorrow, 7/9, by 1:30 PM EDT.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yet another North Sider dealt with. Good for you. But unfortunately, the corpse you find this morning was not the one you would have liked to see.

quote:

Her lips were warm and soft, as she leaned into Finley's kiss while he backed with her towards the bed. It had been a chance meeting at the bar - she looked lonely with her cute little drink, like she was waiting for something or someone. Of course that someone should be Finley, and he was more than ready to play the part.

Offer the dame another drink, and then a third one with a little extra something slipped in to make her feel real nice. Then act all gentlemanly and offer to call the lady a cab. Then hey, you're both already outside, and the she's feeling a bit peaky. May as well invite her home for a bit of Tee Ell Cee, like a proper fella. Ain't nothing to it - just hop on in and give the cabbie your address, she's too far gone to make much fuss. Then well, one thing leads to another, you know how it is. Works every time.

Or at least it did, until she pulled a snub pistol out from under her skirt and shot him in the chest. His jaw went slack as he crumpled back onto the bed, his blood already staining the dingy sheets crimson. Her eyes were suddenly clear and bright, as if she had never been drugged.

"Sorry, hon. The Shine said you were dangerous, so I had to kill you. Simple as that." A sweet smile crossed Annabella's lips as she watched the man die.

:rip: Truth Quark, aka Annabella 'The Saint' Rubano, Murder, Inc.-Aligned Outfit-Aligned Killer {Deathproof}, was filled with lead on Night 6! :rip:

:beerpal: Day 7 has begun! Deadline is Sunday, July 10th, at 9:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

Sorry for the delayed opening, had to run errands for the in-laws and things took longer than anticipated.

Podima fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 9, 2016

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 7 :beerpal:

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, flerp, Flying Leatherman, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 10th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

"You know what the most dangerous kind of rat is? A cornered one with nothing to lose."

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
not very deathproof apparently

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
We're doing well you guys! :yotj:

Also you seem to latch onto that first part of my response and nothing else in the post.

I'm fine being lynched this game. Don't have anything to lose and I'm not scum so my death might be useful albeit wasted.

I don't see any reason to not post this and I can't say much else until tonight busy work day filled with problems.

Anyhow I'm. Outfit aligned cop. I tried to crumb this with the rolling stop post, syop sign rolling stop gets you a fine. Then I made that law and order fake post.

I am out of a shine and wasted my cop on flying leatherman because I thought they came in pretty suspect, but they're just a lurker who is also outfit-aligned.

AA opened the game with "I'm willing to die" and then later claimed cop. I still don't think a town cop would have done that. I've cased him for that earlier in the game and don't feel the need to rehash it. Once I realized that we could have duplicate roles, I went back to thinking AA was town.

But when I go back to the me vs. Jimson vote, AA tried to throw him a bone:

Went back to check over the notebook, and his content in general, and what's there seems genuine. He was vocal and around for the lynching of two non-outfit when if he was scum, it would make sense for him to not do this very thing.

I think MMT is the scum.

##vote MMT

---

All I know is, you spent two game days voting for me. A claimed, Vanilla, Shine Cop when actual scum were getting voted out.

You can case all you want, but your conviction was elsewhere.

When it came down to me vs. Jimson, AA felt that Jimson's posts were more genuine (?) and that I was suspicious for casing a claimed cop. This is all despite the fact that he himself claimed to be (a) out of shine and (b) ok with dying. If you look at AA's lumpen lists that led into that vote here and here, he had Jimson listed as scummier than me. What changed?

Now that we're closer to endgame I feel like there's a good chance that AA is the last scum. In a game where either alignment can claim any role, I think there's an obvious motivation to a scum player taking Cop and clearing someone as it builds up town cred.

At this point I'm going to look over everyone and I think people need to do the same before anyone votes (probably not posting much more tonight since it takes me a little while to do rereads at this point and it's Saturday night). Right now I have AA / SSV / flerp all down as potentially suspicious. I will say that the only way FL is scum would be if AA/FL are scumbos so unless something crazy happens I'd consider him confirmed town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You lynch me today, scum win. On phone and preparing to go do a thing, but my bet is on flerp.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
No matter what, we shouldn't turbo through the day that much I can guarantee. Otherwise scum win. This is the end.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

flerp posted:

also it choose it for the lols and chaos reigns etc etc basically the same exact reason why cpig picked it but im still town

Podima posted:

:rip: [b]CapitalistPig, aka Kai 'Peanuts' Sclafani, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was executed on Day 6! :rip:

hmm

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If flerp was part of the same scumteam as cpig there's no way he'd make that post. But there's multiple scumteams

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

If flerp was part of the same scumteam as cpig there's no way he'd make that post. But there's multiple scumteams

tq said that infinitum was acting solo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

flerp posted:

tq said that infinitum was acting solo

oh I must of missed that.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Truth Quark posted:

The way it worked was: there were three factions each with a boss when this game started. I didn't know who the bosses were, only that they would give me a list of targets that I HAD to pick a target to assassinate from. Note that I do not need shine to kill my targets. I was, at that point, a serial killer with some extra mechanics tacked on.

N1 list was dongs, Inf, Inf humorously enough. N2 it didn't matter because I got the last boss, CCat, lynched (go back and read that part).

As soon as only one boss survived, I would automatically join them in a masonry (no scum doc for me). If scum, I lose my personal kill but Inf and I would have a join RB ability. If 3p, we would have become a second, two man scum team (it explicitly said two man scum team). If town, I would join the town boss in a CONFIRMED masonry and essentially become an unlimited town vig. If somehow all the bosses died, I would become a standard SK.

I can do marvelous other things as well with shine, that I would rather not go into, only put in a request for some more tonight.

he also says later that he got mixed up and realized that infinitum was the 3p boss and cat was the scum boss

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

You lynch me today, scum win. On phone and preparing to go do a thing, but my bet is on flerp.

why would scum win? 6 people alive, if youre a mislynch we go down to 4 with the scum kill and then its 3 to lynch. if there's two scum obv we lose, but i sincerely do not believe that the scum team had 6 on them. maybe there's a 3p around, but with most of the nights having two kills besides for reckless vigs, im inclined to believe that if there is a 3p, then its prob a survivor or someting.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
unless im missing something which is totally possible because im p dumb

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I think there's one scum left, and I think it's AA. Surviving this long aa a cop, even one out of shine, baffles me. I also don't see how a mislynch right now means the scum win.

Alternatively, it is weird that Cpig had information about USB role. Either he had a fake claim (maybe weird since brewer was also a town role?) or there is a backup on his team where he got the role info. SSV would be someone I would look at then as the only known remaining USB, although it's worth keeping in mind that neither MMT or flerp have confirmable night actions (iirc).

I will reread AA first, as he is at the top of my list right now and the claims of "if you lynch me the scum win" are awfully overblown.

I think that we only have one scum left, though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok maybe I was wrong about this being mylo. I do think there were at least 6 scum in this game though. I am honestly, not the scum. I wouldn't be surprised if MMT was scum with Jimson and Pig.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going back to reread flipped scum. tpink hasn't really given any opinions on currently living players but...

curiousCat posted:

like, if AA is town (which I think he is) then this is a stupid town post. like, okay, sure, maybe your flip gives us more information, but why the gently caress would we want to get rid of you? you're like "oh no the odds are low I get to cop again" BETTER THAN ODDS OF ZERO

Cpig next. I dread reading six pages of Jimson.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't think AA is scum and tbh it's scummy af to be pushing him right now.

Hmm.

Of the three flipped scum I've read, none have mentioned reads on MMT/FL/Flerp, Cpig mentioned a passing suspicion of me, and two have defended AA.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Trying to read Jimson posthumously is making my eyes glaze over

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You can do it ssv we all believe in you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ok maybe I was wrong about this being mylo. I do think there were at least 6 scum in this game though. I am honestly, not the scum. I wouldn't be surprised if MMT was scum with Jimson and Pig.

Why would you not be surprised?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Is your bet flerp or mmt? You are kind of all over the place here. Why flerp?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I think there's one scum left, and I think it's AA. Surviving this long aa a cop, even one out of shine, baffles me. I also don't see how a mislynch right now means the scum win.

Alternatively, it is weird that Cpig had information about USB role. Either he had a fake claim (maybe weird since brewer was also a town role?) or there is a backup on his team where he got the role info. SSV would be someone I would look at then as the only known remaining USB, although it's worth keeping in mind that neither MMT or flerp have confirmable night actions (iirc).

I will reread AA first, as he is at the top of my list right now and the claims of "if you lynch me the scum win" are awfully overblown.

I think that we only have one scum left, though.

How do you feel saying this knowing that the only reason you are "confirmed town" is bc of AA?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
One more thing before bed, it looks like Lil D picked up cop after KB died but I dont know if she used it... the USB who picked up roles, you got a shine with it right?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually I lied. Been re reading and I've pretty much made up my mind. Gonna hold off until tomorrow though.

:chord:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Is your bet flerp or mmt? You are kind of all over the place here. Why flerp?

flerp because of their reactions to any kind of pressure at all. It's overly dramatic, and seemed like artificial anger when there was nothing to "flip out" about, so to speak.

MMT because its an unverifiable claim. I get that no one can say for sure about mine either, but it's incredibly convenient. Also if either one of her or Jimson flipped scum that day, we'd have given the other a pass. It seems to me like its not improbable that they'd distance themselves from one another, and establishing the contradicting claims like 5 minutes apart seems like a smart gambit to try and get town on one of their sides. Like I know Jimson does silly things, but that would have been intentional sabotage.

I think they gamed the town, if it's truly not flerp.

FL I copped and unless there's still a godfather in this game, and it's him, then he's town.

If we truly aren't at MYLO, then I'm fine dying today to prove my reads as genuine. At first I was reluctant and adamantly believed this would be it, but yeah.

##vote MMT

I think her and jimson gamed us hard.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

We're doing well you guys! :yotj:

AA opened the game with "I'm willing to die" and then later claimed cop. I still don't think a town cop would have done that. I've cased him for that earlier in the game and don't feel the need to rehash it. Once I realized that we could have duplicate roles, I went back to thinking AA was town.

But when I go back to the me vs. Jimson vote, AA tried to throw him a bone:

When it came down to me vs. Jimson, AA felt that Jimson's posts were more genuine (?) and that I was suspicious for casing a claimed cop. This is all despite the fact that he himself claimed to be (a) out of shine and (b) ok with dying. If you look at AA's lumpen lists that led into that vote here and here, he had Jimson listed as scummier than me. What changed?

Now that we're closer to endgame I feel like there's a good chance that AA is the last scum. In a game where either alignment can claim any role, I think there's an obvious motivation to a scum player taking Cop and clearing someone as it builds up town cred.

At this point I'm going to look over everyone and I think people need to do the same before anyone votes (probably not posting much more tonight since it takes me a little while to do rereads at this point and it's Saturday night). Right now I have AA / SSV / flerp all down as potentially suspicious. I will say that the only way FL is scum would be if AA/FL are scumbos so unless something crazy happens I'd consider him confirmed town.

i actually disagree with this case. this reminded me a bit of how AA reacted to the quid/TQ situation way earlier in the game, where he was doubting everything. cpig did the same thing, but accepted it a lot quicker, while AA hammered it harder. i had a town read on aa when he did that because scum would accept it much easier then town when everyone else is accepting it in order to be safe, but town would be more willing to go against the grain because they dont have a lot of information and are more likely to doubt players.

so, likewise, when everyone was hitting jimson, aa goes against the grain and hits you, or at least, puts doubt on you. now, i can see the idea that aa is possibly trying to divert the lynch onto you to save a scumbo, but pretty much everyone knew that jimson would be lynched. it was a long time coming and im sure almost everyone entertained the idea that jimson was scum at one point in this game while very few were willing to put you into a scum category at all. scum aa, esp one that has quite a bit of suspicision on him p much this entire game, would want to be on an early jimson vote as he would be aware that jimson would flip scum. to me, aa's suspicision shows exactly what defines a townie - a lack of information. if he knew that jimson would flip scum i think aa wouldve voted for him earlier. similarly, i think this thought about a possible mmt/jimson gambit also comes from a townie position.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Moatillata posted:

How do you feel saying this knowing that the only reason you are "confirmed town" is bc of AA?

I feel fine. I've already said a couple of times that I am curious as to why he's still alive, and a cop claim is pretty easy to pull off as scum especially with role ambiguity like there is in this game.

That, and I'm pretty sure there's only one scum left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Moatillata posted:

One more thing before bed, it looks like Lil D picked up cop after KB died but I dont know if she used it... the USB who picked up roles, you got a shine with it right?

Yep, one shine

• Locked thread