Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Captain Magic posted:

I'd have to listen to it again but it sounded like he was reaching out to the horrible plight of police in this country "as a white boy" so it's not that much of a stretch

That's a remarkably stupid thing fir you to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Vitamin Boss posted:

As much as I did not enjoy that fight I wouldn't mind seeing Brock stick around and fight Werdum or Cain again.

Brock actually improved his striking defense enough to nullify Hunt. I would like to see that too, but he doesn't really need the belt. Have him be the hidden boss to the HW division.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

could hear a pin drop

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
not a fan of the hats.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

fatherdog posted:

I've been saying that's gonna happen as soon as they moved the main event

Do you think that once the winner is announced, Bad Reputation hits the sound system and Ronda comes running out?

I haven't seen any shots of her all night sitting anywhere.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Tate has giant big old tittays

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Brock did a good job of rolling his shoulder whenever Mark would throw the right, never really landed a solid shot.

Yeah this was very notiecable and very impressive.

Also Brock was clearly talking about the cops and telling people to not be racists and murderers but please read more into it.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

nunes looks so though I bet she rolls her own tampons

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Captain Magic posted:

I'd have to listen to it again but it sounded like he was reaching out to the horrible plight of police in this country "as a white boy" so it's not that much of a stretch

nope

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

And something nobody should hope for. Rhonda should have to win at least one fight before getting a title shot.

I'm absolutely okay with her getting another loss

Roy Gato III
Jun 2, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I ain't joking or being ironic, is there any chance Rousey shows up at the end of this match to make a challenge to the winner (Tate) or does that type of thing not happen in UFC?

It generally doesn't anymore but a lot of people here and Meltzer believe it will.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

And something nobody should hope for. Rhonda should have to win at least one fight before getting a title shot.

Not to mention how loving cringeworthy it's basically guaranteed to be.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

acejackson42 posted:

As much as I dislike Tate by association with Caraway, I want the Brazil belt drought to continue ad infinitum. So, despite my deep and bitter reservations, go Tate.

Aldo just won a belt

Dangersim posted:

They shouldn't have pulled mcgregor

Yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hey look at that, Nunes has John Rhys Davies in her corner!

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

fatherdog posted:

"The men in uniform protecting our nation from sea to shining sea" almost always refers to the military
That's what I was thinking, but I certainly think he was trying to refer to police. So maybe he just got mixed up.

I'm assuming he was alluding to the recent shootings.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

see I legit have no clue if this is a joke or not because yea it sounds 100% fitting.

It's not

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

They had her on last year.

Yeah but for an actual match

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

that girl in the mohawk :swoon:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Also Brock is still under WWE contract so Brock isn't going to become a regular fixture until his contract runs out, if then. But the fact that he won here and this show did really well means that even if he re-signs with WWE he could very well do another one-off next year.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The question about Brock is if he ever gets into a championship situation is if he could get to championship rounds without turning purple and dying

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Captain Magic posted:

Lmao you're dumb

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Jerusalem posted:

I ain't joking or being ironic, is there any chance Rousey shows up at the end of this match to make a challenge to the winner (Tate) or does that type of thing not happen in UFC?

It certainly will be after the fact (fight), and not some sort of titantron interference you would be used to in wrestling.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

Nice, Rousey may have lost to Holm but I still think she rules.

That's because she does.

The thing about Holm wasn't so much that she lost unexpectedly because at that point who is going to expect her to lose? The real issue is how she came unglued after the match. I'm sure getting knocked the gently caress out didn't help but still.

I don't know poo poo about fighting, but I do know depression and human psychology, and Rousey's reaction was pretty extreme. It seems like the kind of thing that would get in your head after being as dominant as she was.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

alright well now I wanna see him tear rear end on an ATV and lay bear traps around then.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I have no idea what's even going on anymore

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Suffice it to say that Brock has said way way loving stupider poo poo than whatever it is he just tried to get across.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
oh yes...get loose... :getin:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Conor McGregor won, he beat UFC 200

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

The question about Brock is if he ever gets into a championship situation is if he could get to championship rounds without turning purple and dying

Well he just dominated the third round....

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

in his wwe matches he turns that color in 30 seconds but has never gassed even in 45 min matches

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

Conor McGregor won, he beat UFC 200

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I for one am looking forward to Miesha Tate totally humbling Rousey.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

"The men in uniform protecting our nation from sea to shining sea" almost always refers to the military

Yeah lmao why are people being goobers about this

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Lloyd Boner posted:

Aldo just won a belt

isn't it really just a glorified title shot, though?

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Coming out to Roar is so pro

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Hey, as a white boy, regardless of your nationality (he probably meant ethnicity he just had a 15 minute fight), let's all stand together"
"wow what a racist prick"
- something people are genuinely taking away from that

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the literal worst entrance song

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Katy Perry? Well okay you're the bad rear end here, not me

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

That's because she does.

The thing about Holm wasn't so much that she lost unexpectedly because at that point who is going to expect her to lose? The real issue is how she came unglued after the match. I'm sure getting knocked the gently caress out didn't help but still.

I don't know poo poo about fighting, but I do know depression and human psychology, and Rousey's reaction was pretty extreme. It seems like the kind of thing that would get in your head after being as dominant as she was.

I know about fighting and she got extremely owned by Holly holm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I appreciate Tate simply because she makes an entire crowd of people wanting to see highly trained fighters beat each other to bloody pulp, listen to Katy Perry.

• Locked thread