Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I'll try and get some the next time I visit my folks!

Also, yay. My parents got a dog last year and Ty the poor fella got so stressed, he licked off all the fur on his belly. It's finally grown back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPhock
Dec 25, 2004
hat-wearing champion of rhode island
Our golden girl Ruby aka roobers aka goobers aka trash boat. She's sassy, afraid of nothing and a vicious bug hunter. We love her :)

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
http://imgur.com/254sUJs
My parent's cat max passed today. He was a good cat. This was him a few years ago. He was 16 this year.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I need this mug!

McPhock
Dec 25, 2004
hat-wearing champion of rhode island

Iron Crowned posted:

I need this mug!

I don't know you or anything about you, but I can confirm you do infact need this mug.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oscar and I just returned from the emergency vet. He was trying to pee but couldn't, and was freaking out. He squatted over a plastic bag that was on the floor and all that came out was a few drops of pee with blood, so off we went.

Luckily it looks like just an infection with no blockage. He got antibiotics, pain meds, and sub-q fluids. He's already hit the box and produced since we got home and is now perched atop the couch as usual. I'll take him back Saturday for urinalysis to make sure there's nothing else happening, but I think we're gonna be okay.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Poor little guy I hope he's OK. :ohdear:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I also call him "little guy", but the tech said he could stand to lose some weight. They think 16 lbs is too much and they're probably right. I'll talk to my regular vet Saturday. It was already suggested to take him off dry food, but I'll double-check that.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar update: my regular vet read the report from the e-vet. Oscar peed four times between 8pm and 2am, so he's clearly not blocked. She didn't want to do a urinalysis while he's on antibiotics, so that's on hold.

I asked about dry food, since the e-vet suggested taking him off it. She said unless this becomes a recurring thing, there's no real reason to switch. I'm going to cut down on his dry food anyway to get him to drop a couple pounds.

Oscar has spent the morning marking everything and rolling around on the floor like an overgrown kitten; he doesn't even put up a huge fight taking his meds. He's the best.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

Oscar update: my regular vet read the report from the e-vet. Oscar peed four times between 8pm and 2am, so he's clearly not blocked. She didn't want to do a urinalysis while he's on antibiotics, so that's on hold.

I asked about dry food, since the e-vet suggested taking him off it. She said unless this becomes a recurring thing, there's no real reason to switch. I'm going to cut down on his dry food anyway to get him to drop a couple pounds.

Oscar has spent the morning marking everything and rolling around on the floor like an overgrown kitten; he doesn't even put up a huge fight taking his meds. He's the best.

Wet food is supposed to be better for the urinary tract/kidneys overall because it forces more moisture intake. Weruva makes some relatively inexpensive quality ingredient lines I always recommend. The current stuff we feed is almost identical to Tiki Cat in nutrients/ingredients but around half the cost.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

This is Knubbs

We was surrendered to our local Humane Society and my husband couldn't stand the thought that someone could surrender a 17 year old cat. He didn't want him to die at the shelter, so we adopted him. I figured he'd be pretty low energy and geriatric, but he wasn't at all. When we played blanket mice, he looked just like a kitten.

He wormed his way really deep into our hearts, and we adored him.

In October my husband went to visit his family for a week. Knubbs deteriorated so fast I didn't even realize how bad it was until the night before I had to put him to sleep. I had a mobile vet come to the house, so that we could sit in the sun and I could hold him when he died. I'll never forget the feeling of him in my arms that day.

I'm pretty sure this was his favorite day. He slept under the catmint for hours, and when I finally picked him up to bring him in, he protested sleepily.

I'll miss my orange buddy.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Man, it got real dusty in here.

Sorry for your loss, Echeveria. He looks like he was awesome, and I'm glad you guys stepped up and let the old man have a great life.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

You know, it hurt like hell, but I wouldn't give up the time we had with him for anything. We set out to let him live his golden years in a loving home. That's what we did, and then some. The only thing I regret is not trusting my gut and asking my husband to come home early. He was Knubbs' person, and it hurt him that he didn't get to say good bye.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
That's a very sweet thing you guys did, adopting him so he could live out his last days away from the shelter, in a loving environment.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

This is Nick the cat. He is technically not our cat, as we've been told that he has a home across the road. He spends as much of his time as possible in my flat, usually trying his best to be touching me or my partner at all times. When he's not here, he visits our 81-year-old neighbour, who feeds the cats and birds of the neighbourhood, and has several chairs in sunny spots outside her house.

This is the only collar I've ever given him. He wore it for about a week, then it disappeared like every other collar he's turned up wearing.

Majestic

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
You must steal that cat.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Reik posted:

You must steal that cat.

I don't think that's necessary. Sounds like he has the best of all worlds (the cat, that is).

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Reik posted:

You must steal that cat.

When I say he spends as much time as possible here, I mean it. He's often here from 7am to 11pm, and would stay longer but my partner doesn't like him staying the night. (Nick gets a bit silly around 4am)

Lynza posted:

I don't think that's necessary. Sounds like he has the best of all worlds (the cat, that is).

He's a spoiled little monster, that's for sure. I just let him in (7am again) and he's decided he really wants to sit on my arms. It's making it hard to post.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schmetterling posted:

When I say he spends as much time as possible here, I mean it. He's often here from 7am to 11pm, and would stay longer but my partner doesn't like him staying the night. (Nick gets a bit silly around 4am)

He's a spoiled little monster, that's for sure. I just let him in (7am again) and he's decided he really wants to sit on my arms. It's making it hard to post.

He's probably got a busy day planned of mooching petting and food from a dozen different people, along with naps in warm spots, and you're delaying his scheduled morning petting. Get with the program :colbert:

Sun Dog
Dec 25, 2002

Old School Gamer.

skaboomizzy posted:

Tigger is a fantastic burly orange cat. Also, congrats to the goon adopting the regal orange cat that will soon rule his household.

I figured this would be a fine time to share my view when I'm lying on my couch.

Now THAT'S a room with a view!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
It's summer time, and that can only mean one thing for Pancake:

Summer Time is Lion Time.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Oh my god Pancake is soooo cute.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I get to join this thread!!

Driving through rural parts tonight, almost ran over a tiny filthy muck-eyed baby. Eyes aren't blue blue, so I'm thinking he's about 10 weeks old at the most? Tiny, though, and very skittish. Has a great appetite.

https://youtu.be/X9CEH2x_hVk

He's got some lumps in his coat that I think are just burrs, but I wouldn't be surprised to find fleas and/or ticks. Unnamed baby goes to the vet first thing tomorrow.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oh my god what an appetite!

Best of luck with him, I hope they find him healthy.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Paws in the food bowl like a barbarian! Be healthy, little orange kitten.

Looks like an Oskar to me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

my cat is norris posted:

Driving through rural parts tonight, almost ran over a tiny filthy muck-eyed baby. Eyes aren't blue blue, so I'm thinking he's about 10 weeks old at the most? Tiny, though, and very skittish. Has a great appetite.

He's got some lumps in his coat that I think are just burrs, but I wouldn't be surprised to find fleas and/or ticks. Unnamed baby goes to the vet first thing tomorrow.

Well clearly he should be named Norris :colbert:.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hahah! What do you think about that, Norris?

Ah -- well. I guess there can be only one... :haw:

More baby pics soon. He's quite the squeaker.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Awh geez you guys, it's a girl. :kimchi:

basicblack
Oct 9, 2004

That basic little black dress.

my cat is norris posted:

Holy poo poo, the cat that was crying in the background of the video sounds EXACTLY like my cat crying! I had to pause it to check because I thought it was coming from him and not my computer. You wouldn't happen to have a Ragamuffin or Ragdoll, would you?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

my cat is norris posted:

Hahah! What do you think about that, Norris?

Ah -- well. I guess there can be only one... :haw:

More baby pics soon. He's quite the squeaker.

Oh... well... uh...

Gingezagganoth, Unending Maw of Madness.

Or just plain Ginger.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Henry Cat

Hole peeker

Hard napper

Arm snuggler

Pants stealer

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Charlotte Cat

Mouser

Kitty Kube defender

Literal cutest

Brother snuggler

Gorgeous orange lady

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

basicblack posted:

Holy poo poo, the cat that was crying in the background of the video sounds EXACTLY like my cat crying! I had to pause it to check because I thought it was coming from him and not my computer. You wouldn't happen to have a Ragamuffin or Ragdoll, would you?

Norris is a loud-mouthed mutt of a tabby. I have no idea where he learned to caterwaul, but he does it well!

Henry and Charlotte are such a gorgeous and adorable pair, my goodness. :kimchi:

Little one is negative for FIV, leukemia, and fleas. She also doesn't seem to have worms! She is positive for ear mites and weepy eyes and tons of attitude.

And also tiny noms.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njRk_pEj-DA

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
That video warms the cockles of my cold stony heart. :3:

asiperi
Aug 13, 2014

my cat is norris posted:

Awh geez you guys, it's a girl. :kimchi:

Female orange kittens heck yessss

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Sorry to be posting so much, but I'm just astounded at how much she's changed in only one week --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jo6-g2DYCU

She's not nearly so potato-shaped anymore. Her eyes are all cleared up now, too, and her ear mites are toast. She's becoming this total wild thing. I forgot how much of an energy ball a kitten can be!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I also have another orange catfrand in my life. His name is Pico Cat and he's a big rear end orange kitty. He belongs to my neighbor who travels all the time for work, so she is never home. So he's always popping out his cat door to find me, 'cause he knows I love him.

(literally 2 seconds after I kill my engine in my spot when I come for lunch or at 5, his big ole orange head pops out his flap, unless I am super late getting home, then he is sitting in front of my front door with A Look)

Bonus Henry Cat having a hard snuggle

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

Sorry to be posting so much, but I'm just astounded at how much she's changed in only one week --

It's rough looking at videos of orange fluffball and ridiculously photogenic grey and white cat, but we'll manage.

Also, that picotum. Just look at that tum.

Gorgar fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Gorgar posted:

Also, that picotum. Just look at that tum.

I will warn you, it is, most assuredly, A Trap.

(i still fall for it every time)