Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I scum.

I dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kashuno posted:

It would've required him only targeting keane one night because I'm town ??????????

True dat, I'm still thinking he's insane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Um, also I could have been bus driven night one, and Kash is town.

Pretty funny that yore neglecting that possibility, Jedit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So a scum bus driver is guaranteed at this point? I'm not sure what Jedit said qualifies as a slip, but his d1 olay and subsequent responses aren't that great. Still I don't know.

A bus driver is close to confirmed if we flip Kashuno as Town, but it could still be that Keane is Naive.

I'm leaning towards Keane as Town rather than lying for cover, though. He was pushing Kash before today, investigating him N2 is consistent with that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
careful keane youll get called dumb.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Um, also I could have been bus driven night one, and Kash is town.

Pretty funny that yore neglecting that possibility, Jedit.

I'm not neglecting it, I'm overlooking it. My brain got stuck in the track that Kash is scum and I've been thinking of ways to explain your results that match up with my preconception.

I probably shouldn't attempt more thought tonight, especially involving Kashuno, but Infinitum vs Kashuno is starting to look like more than a Town slapfight now. When I'm more compos mentis I'm going to have to read back to see when Kash got on and off Infinitum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
itd make sense for keane to actually be naive cop (i.e. a vt w/ a visit) given his claimed flavour but it doesnt rule out that he could actually be an insane cop

kashunos argument on his self-vote makes no sense

"If I die today and give credence to Keane's naive cop claim, then tomorrow another cop in this game can come forward and discuss their results. If no one else comes forward tomorrow, yall should lynch keane."

like wtf does that even mean when kash flips town (assuming kash is town), the other cop w/ claim and be like "ah, yes. i see that you indeed have the ability to say everyone as town. now let us discuss our results". i could buy someone else making this argument to test whether keane is insane or naive but i cant understand why a town player would argue for a self-lynch to confirm a naive cop??

i would say hes on tilt but then he explicitly says hes not on tilt

kash has claimed vengeful basically the entire game i think this makes the most sense if kash was scum and he wanted to venge keane

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but yea it could also be bus driver

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why would I kill keane if my whole theroy was to confirm/refute him the following day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I feel the bus driver is just Kash trying to explain away Keanes results.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I feel the bus driver is just Kash trying to explain away Keanes results.

How does this make any loving sense you idiot

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Kashuno posted:

why would I kill keane if my whole theroy was to confirm/refute him the following day.

its a very bad post by u i have no idea how to interpret it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

u r so incredibly shook by keane's town result on u u immediately fall apart seems more like a scum move than a town move

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

How does this make any loving sense you idiot

Cause you argued for the insane cop..

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

u r so incredibly shook by keane's town result on u u immediately fall apart seems more like a scum move than a town move

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Cause you argued for the insane cop..

I never did what the gently caress?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It strikes me as really obvious that a cop called "optimism" would only get town results on anyone. Why are you guys reaching for unclaimed busdrivers to explain that?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah this seems pretty simple, you're a naive cop

it happens, don't worry, just means we can't trust your results

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also i'm sorry i've been absent, irl keeps butting in

but i remain hopeful that we will bring joe to a better future

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

It strikes me as really obvious that a cop called "optimism" would only get town results on anyone. Why are you guys reaching for unclaimed busdrivers to explain that?

I mean, I agree.

But we have only two nights worth of results, and it remains a possibility.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jedit is in full-fledged survival mode. Posts like "what about bus driving" only sow confusion, look like participation, and add literally nothing worth thinking about to the conversation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Haha ily dongs

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Whether keane was bus driven or is a naïve cop the conclusion is the same: keane is town. Countering Keane's personal theory with the bus driver theory is meaningless and just scares the town players into thinking there is a bus driver when there absolutely doesn't have to be one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't like play by kash or jedit at this point. Leaning towards a vote on kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i think im bad at mafia

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmmm or never mind, i misread because i was on a phone. oh well.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

hmmm or never mind, i misread because i was on a phone. oh well.

looking forward to your vote on kash

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ernie you have any reads atm mate?

I've seen you commentate on most of the game, but really haven't posted an opinion or a case on anyone.

What are your thoughts?

Diss the hot goss girlfriend

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think everyone should disregard my reads. I am actually the garbage at mafia and no longer of use.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah that seems like the correct vote ##vote kashuno

Infinitum posted:

Ernie you have any reads atm mate?

I've seen you commentate on most of the game, but really haven't posted an opinion or a case on anyone.

What are your thoughts?

Diss the hot goss girlfriend

no sorry, no reads at all :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
BUT FWIW EVERY VOTE ON ME IS LITERAL PISS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah the old "Why are you guys so mean to me" gambit

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hate how everything I post is a gambit to you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

He threw cards and was pretty cool.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Ah the old "I'm not running any gambits" gambit

(Imma ease up on you for a bit)

(You're still scum and my lynch target leader for today tho)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else upset no one is a physical part of joes being?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
I have no idea what to make of this game anymore. Keane's claim looks fairly legit? I'm trying to think of what scum would be trying to accomplish with it and there's no way it's protecting anybody, it would only to be try to gain towncred. But there was very little pressure on him so there was no urgency to make such a claim. I guess it could theoretically be a setup for later, but it seems fairly useless (it's about as convincing as a VT claim) so I'm going to take it with a little skepticism but not enough to shake my townread on him.

Kash's posting is so bizarre I'm sure I don't quite understand everything he's trying to communicate. That crazy nonsense actually looks townier than scummy to me but that hammer yesterday was so loving scummy. I will say that I've never seen scum attack other scum with these specific words so it's very unlikely that both Kash and Jedit are scum. Which means I guess I'm town on Kash, if only for that reason.

Inf has been more useful and actually asking decent questions lately. Which I'm not sure what to make of, because in the game I played against him he was VT and useless and admitted so. He called out a bunch of lurkers, but he himself only started playing this way once pressure was on. I'm less certain of scum but still leaning there.

As for Jedit:

Jedit posted:

I'm not neglecting it, I'm overlooking it. My brain got stuck in the track that Kash is scum and I've been thinking of ways to explain your results that match up with my preconception.

As Kash pointed out, this is way more likely a scumslip than an oversight. Town are never certain about others' alignments, so it's just not a likely mistake for town to make.

Also he's on probation now which is super awkward.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We should turbo jedit cause he's on probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Keane: Seeing how you've claimed cop.

What part of Joe are you?

• Locked thread