Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Wake_N_Bake posted:

If you had to deal with an ARMY of Mister Bibs, you'd probably try to head some of that off, too.

That said I enjoy it, and think it's funny.

Differing opinions on the WHM thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Don't worry, the Internet has just been going through a very loud adolescent phase where anyone with an opinion online in any even slightly public way is likely to get a torrent of Twitter poo poo for their opinion, scaling up exponentially by the percentage of vagina you have. All we need to do is wait until the studios stop making superhero movies and putting women in films and we should be fine.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

Don't worry, the Internet has just been going through a very loud adolescent phase where anyone with an opinion online in any even slightly public way is likely to get a torrent of Twitter poo poo for their opinion, scaling up exponentially by the percentage of vagina you have. All we need to do is wait until the studios stop making superhero movies and putting women in films and we should be fine.

When you're right you're right :smithicide:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

As long as they keep Paul W Reddit around, it's ok.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

lmao mister loving bibs are you seriously claiming phineas gage was perfectly fine after the whole rod-through-the-brain thing?

Um, no? I was just adding something I recall reading about the dude. I want to say it was an article debunking the "he was entirely a different person" urban legend, and they went into detail on how if he wasn't at least vaguely functional, there was no way he'd be able to be a stagecoach driver for a notoriously dangerous route.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 6, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Um, no? I was just adding something I recall reading about the dude. I want to say it was an article debunking the "he was entirely a different person" urban legend, and they went into detail on how if he wasn't at least vaguely functional, there was no way he'd be able to be a stagecoach driver for a notoriously dangerous route.

There were also scientists and doctors who had their own pet theories. His attending physician was a phrenologist and he had believed that the rod destroyed Gage's organs of Benevolence and Veneration and he basically got into a Twitter battle except with medical journals with Harvard's Professor of Surgery Henry Jacob Bigelow, who investigated Gage and said that he had fully recovered both mentally and physically.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I feel like WHM is reaching the point in a podcast's lifespan where they feel like they have to spend 20 minutes anticipating the responses of randos on twitter and I really hope it ends soon because that poo poo is invariably intolerable.

Maybe they should do research first.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We Hate Movies: If that's Will Smith's cock, I'm disappointed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This one should be good, one of my favorite bad movies of all time.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Lady In The Water huh? This should be fun.

There's maybe something to the whole "realizing you're in a fairy tale and having to fulfill certain roles" thing but Shyamalan is no Guillermo Del Toro. Looking forward to the strawman critic getting eaten by a giant wolf.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I would love for them to cover The Man Who Heard Voices: Or, How M. Night Shyamalan Risked His Career on a Fairy Tale as part of the episode because it's one of the more baffling pieces of self-congratulatory bridge burning out there.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I'm just looking forward to more Paul Giamatti voice.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Lady In The Water huh? This should be fun.

There's maybe something to the whole "realizing you're in a fairy tale and having to fulfill certain roles" thing but Shyamalan is no Guillermo Del Toro. Looking forward to the strawman critic getting eaten by a giant wolf.

It's the premise of a few good RPGs like Mage, Changeling, and parts of Unknown Armies. And part of Clive Barker's Weaveworld. Plus life is just more interesting if you act/see everything you do with an overly of a mythic/mystic destiny/archtype.

Movie is probably poo poo but, like the Flop House ep on Mirrors, it'll bug me if they mock the premise too much.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ghost emoji posted:

I'm just looking forward to more Paul Giamatti voice.

I love how he calls himself "PG" in his internal monologue :allears:

Count Chocula posted:

It's the premise of a few good RPGs like Mage, Changeling, and parts of Unknown Armies. And part of Clive Barker's Weaveworld. Plus life is just more interesting if you act/see everything you do with an overly of a mythic/mystic destiny/archtype.

Movie is probably poo poo but, like the Flop House ep on Mirrors, it'll bug me if they mock the premise too much.

Same, although Shyamalan's problem is that he makes up a lot of fake names for fantasy things that sound silly.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i know nothing about lady in the water but from everything i understand this is M.Nights first movie where you didn't have people defending it, you had it for the village and signs and this movie killed his last few die hard fans.

then the happening happend. which is a film IMO that got overplayed and after earth is more of less a vanity project for will smith and his son.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The Happening also has an awesome premise that shows up in a horror novel that Stephen King mentions in Danse Macabre, at least one j-horror movie, and part of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. Pity it's wasted on what's apparently a bad movie!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

i know nothing about lady in the water but from everything i understand this is M.Nights first movie where you didn't have people defending it, you had it for the village and signs and this movie killed his last few die hard fans.

then the happening happend. which is a film IMO that got overplayed and after earth is more of less a vanity project for will smith and his son.

There's always someone defending something

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
"I could be a scientist Mark"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ghost emoji posted:

"I could be a lady in the water, Mark."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ghost emoji posted:

"This watermelon represents an atom, and this sledgehammer represents the Large Hadron Collider! Kersplat! See you in the lab, you son of a bitch!"

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Trying to remember a specific bit here. Which episode had the line that was like "if you print out Frank Welker's IMDB at work, you'll get fired?" I think it was fairly recent.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is the strawman critic worse than brilliant prophet martyr M. Night?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Count Chocula posted:

Seriously, how many angry letters have you and Misterbibs sent in to these guys?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

weekly font posted:

Is the strawman critic worse than brilliant prophet martyr M. Night?

Okay the latter is worse because at least the strawman critic character is funny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ghost emoji posted:

Trying to remember a specific bit here. Which episode had the line that was like "if you print out Frank Welker's IMDB at work, you'll get fired?" I think it was fairly recent.

I believe it was Space Jam.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

precision posted:

I believe it was Space Jam.

That sounds right. I know what I'm listening to tomorrow!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Yeah, they should really research these lovely movies because nerds on the internet might be upset.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ravenkult posted:

Yeah, they should really research these lovely movies because nerds on the internet might be upset.

So is this a response to anything on this page or

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
But WHM are, themselves, internet nerds!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
MOM GET IN HERE

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

So is this a response to anything on this page or

Count Chocula posted:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

That was a pretty obvious joking quote of something they said sarcastically though?

If you don't get it, you should read a loving comic book

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Eh, it can go either way in this thread.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Count Chocula posted:

The Happening also has an awesome premise that shows up in a horror novel that Stephen King mentions in Danse Macabre, at least one j-horror movie, and part of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. Pity it's wasted on what's apparently a bad movie!

Which J-horror? And eco-horror was its own subgenre of Italian gory films in the latish seventies to mid eighties. One I remember in particular I think was just called The Swamp or something really generic like that, it had the trees and animals of, well, the swamp kill off the extended family of a rich businessman who was polluting the bayou.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
have the guys said if there will be a on-screen of ghostbusters 2016? i love to hear what they think of the movie since A) they think a idea of a ghostbuster 3 or reboot is a wraste of time and B) a review from fat nerds who won't judge it because of vaginas.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Part of me hopes so, because it will inevitably result in a Kenny G level letter regardless whether they like the movie or not.

Most of me hopes not, though, because I'm loving sick of everything adjacent to that movie and I'm not even sure it's out here yet.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
So long as they don't do an on-screen about how they're not doing an on-screen of Ghostbusters 2016.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

So long as they don't do an on-screen about how they're not doing an on-screen of Ghostbusters 2016.

Actually it's about ethics in film reviews on YouT :suicide:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TetsuoTW posted:

Actually it's about ethics in film reviews on YouT :suicide:

the twist for lady in the water review, they all taken the red pill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I really, truly, do not want to watch Lady in the Water, but I love the Paul Giamatti voice so much.