Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
gently caress yes I love you PWG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's a pretty incredible field on paper, but I really had my heart set on Tozawa being there. Surprised that Ospreay is coming back as he's supposedly cutting way back on his indie dates, especially outside of the UK.

Just looking at the bracket it's tough for me to handicap this one, PWG tournaments are usually pretty easy to predict because the booking protects guys they plan on pushing and BOLA/DDT4 is just the extra bit to put them over the top, but there are a lot of people who are brand new or close enough to it (Cobb, Castle, Kamaitachi) that they haven't gotten a win yet. Speedball was a slam dunk if he hadn't gotten popped at the border, I had a suspicion that Thatcher or Galloway were next in line but they're not even in the field. I actually think Ospreay might win this one, as he's one of the only guys who has won enough matches in the promotion to have credibility and hasn't either won BOLA before or already lost to Zack in singles.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hell of a final four. Can't wait for zack to repeat and wrestle himself for the strap

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Also pentagon and fenix were the best LU guys last year so I'm real glad they're back

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

make bola for the title and announce a guerrilla warfare match

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Cole and the Bucks vs. Haskins, Dunne, and End and Ricochet/Sydal vs. Scurll/Sabre for the tag matches on Night 1, imo

Actually if they wanted to do another 6-man GW match they could easily lay the groundwork for it during the Tommy/Cole match at Thirteen, although Tommy might not want to do a big no DQ match immediately before reporting to NXT.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 9, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol el hijo de fantasma is openly begging for a pwg booking on twitter

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

A shame that AAA doesn't want to use him or some poo poo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
He just came back from surgery pretty recently, right? The shows were probably mostly booked by the time he was even available.

That being said I would totally be down for Cuerno in PWG, especially if he's more affordable for them to book than Fenix and Pentagon.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why Liger and not Ibushi

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why anyone, really?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Liger's way cooler than Ibushi anyway, and much more likely to care about having good matches at BOLA

Plus Ibushi could be signed already for all we know

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
Liger vs Lawler is a personal dream match of mine and someone should book that pronto.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speedball in DDT, hell yes

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Speedball in DDT, hell yes

Good for him

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

They should be the ones begging him

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Liger's way cooler than Ibushi anyway, and much more likely to care about having good matches at BOLA

Plus Ibushi could be signed already for all we know
Ibushi doesn't have an off switch, he'll take stupid head bumps in front of 30 people

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling's show next Sunday will be on iPPV for the double header with Evolve on WWN.

*The Rematch*
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jonathan Gresham

*There Must Be A Winner*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matthew Riddle

*Grudge Match*
Kimber Lee vs. JT Dunn

*For A Spot In Team Pazuzu*
Chris Dickinson vs. Pinkie Sanchez

*Six Man Tag Team Match*
Team TFT4 (Da Hit Squad [Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack] & Brian Fury)
vs. Team Pazuzu (EYFBO [Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz] & Jaka)

*Women’s Wrestling Revolution Showcase*
LuFisto vs. Veda Scott

Evolve 65

EVOLVE Championship Match (If Thatcher Is Still Champion)
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. TJP w/ Stokely Hathaway

Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano

WWE Cruiserweight Classic Spotlight Match
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Cedric Alexander

Special Attraction Match
Marty Scurll vs. Matt Riddle

Catch Point Open Tryout
Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi vs. To Be Determined

Plus more to be announced soon with:
-Ethan Page
-Darby Allin
-Plus more to be announced!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
How has it not occurred to Gabe to start booking Josh Alexander if Ethan Page is such a staple for WWN now?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

*Grudge Match*
Kimber Lee vs. JT Dunn

Sure is

Grozz Nuy posted:

How has it not occurred to Gabe to start booking Josh Alexander if Ethan Page is such a staple for WWN now?

They are doing separate things is the best answer I can give. Wish I was of more help.

Josh is doing AAW and Ethan is doing Freelance in Chicago. It is that type of dichotomy.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 10, 2016

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

https://twitter.com/TheJuiceee/status/752202756224671744

woah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yikes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

werent they dating?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
My guess is that if both of them are willing to wrestle on a major show like this, whatever personal issues they had with each other has been smoothed over by now. I remember seeing them chatting at the debut WWR show at Fete a few months ago.

Might as well work a program with each other since you know people will talk about it.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

My guess is that if both of them are willing to wrestle on a major show like this, whatever personal issues they had with each other has been smoothed over by now. I remember seeing them chatting at the debut WWR show at Fete a few months ago.

Might as well work a program with each other since you know people will talk about it.
After the WWR show, Kimber did some guest training at whatever academy Dunn works at. I would imagine they're on good enough terms to work a match.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
What's the best Pinkie Sanchez match?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is there still no way to see BOLA outside of going to it or buying a DVD months later? They could make a bunch of money if people like me could buy a stream of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they also have bluray now

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You can download it in like 6 months!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Anal Surgery posted:

The 2010 Cibernetico at Dark Cibernetico. Admittedly that's 8vs8, but I don't think Pinkie ever had a singles match that was really worth it going out of your way to watch it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eltoasto posted:

Is there still no way to see BOLA outside of going to it or buying a DVD months later? They could make a bunch of money if people like me could buy a stream of it.

Just buy the blu Ray. It will be out pretty drat quick after the show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They get the DVDs out quick these days and there's no way to do a stream without eliminating like 75% of the talent they use

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah, unfortunately using guys who are also under contract to ROH or TNA (and possibly AAA now?) prevents them from doing iPPVs. Evolve is pretty much the only indie I can think of that streams 100% of their shows, even ROH saves it for their big dates. I would hazard to say that Gabe building cards exclusively from freelancers so he can do iPPVs probably has a causal relationship with Evolve's live crowds being so consistently weak outside of the Mania weekend shows.

Their turnaround time for shipping shows has gotten better recently, they're actually completely caught up now when I know people were griping about it during the winter. Granted, the ASW11/Lemmy/Bowie/ASW12 run was spaced much closer together than PWG typically runs. They usually make a priority of getting BOLA out quickly, no doubt because it probably draws more interest then the rest of their shows combined.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 11, 2016

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Maybe there could be an issue with ippv, but CWF Mid-Atlantic eps from their shows go up as early as four days after a show and have included talent under contract to ROH (Cedric before he left) and TNA (Trevor and Andrew).

Live streams are way more costly than editing the footage together after the event, both in terms of infrastructure and live production. So I get them not doing iPPV.

But I don't even own a DVD or Bluray Player, so my choice for PWG is wait a really long time or :filez:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Anal Surgery posted:

his best stuff is out of ISW, imo. Like he was great in Chikara as one of the Ants but the full on cokefiend tasmanian devil thing he was doing in ISW was loving fantastic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pinkie strikes me as a guy who'd be a great tag guy paired with somebody who was a terrific wrestler but didn't have a ton of personality. Or a huge guy that allowed Pinkie to mouth off a lot.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I thought this was a really cool video. It's always interesting to see all the future WWE dudes. It's also crazy to me that I have been following PWG since high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXRXJBJrN4

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

The_Rob posted:

I thought this was a really cool video. It's always interesting to see all the future WWE dudes. It's also crazy to me that I have been following PWG since high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXRXJBJrN4

Roddy losing one of his lovely little boots every time is hilarious to me.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Anal Surgery posted:

The one in the company that had shoot point scoring for matches where he worked out how to get the highest score possible by gaming the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012