Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Doesn't surprise me, they're very good and well practiced at missing long running jokes.

Woop, I get to use the gif le housemate found. Thanks housemate. Thousemate.

Here's a KillWrathy delivering a deadly blow to Cobbler's dream.

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm going to out of the blue call that Squadron 42 has cost $48,000,000

I wouldn't be shocked at all if they'd blown that much on the mocap alone

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

That face. :cawg:

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Xaerael posted:

Doesn't surprise me, they're very good and well practiced at missing long running jokes.

Woop, I get to use the gif le housemate found. Thanks housemate. Thousemate.

Here's a KillWrathy delivering a deadly blow to Cobbler's dream.

:pgabz: stop obliterating people from the Internet. :argh:
And what did that parrot even do to deserve that?
Calm down :pgabz: :argh:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

leper khan posted:

:pgabz: stop obliterating people from the Internet. :argh:
And what did that parrot even do to deserve that?
Calm down :pgabz: :argh:

TBF, the parrot was about to unleash a vicious attack on the catte, but it got stuck in a t-pose and clipped through the floor.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I'll be honest, I'm sat here chuckling at my own joke.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

TBF, the parrot was about to unleash a vicious attack on the catte, but it got stuck in a t-pose and clipped through the floor.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Xaerael posted:

I'll be honest, I'm sat here chuckling at my own joke.

It's good though.

Xaerael posted:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, it's the awesome, critically-acclaimed movie with Jürgen Prochnow.
and

Ortwin Freyermuth ... producer (director's cut)

Coincidence?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When different procgen animals are modelled by hand for the verse, what are the T-poses for them?

What's the T-pose for snakes?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Oh god ha ha

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SelenicMartian posted:

When different procgen animals are modelled by hand for the verse, what are the T-poses for them?

An I pose

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

The snake distorts until it spells "WE'RE hosed"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjW4VM1xdE

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Oh god ha ha

I love it. It takes a severe lack of awareness to argue "Well he's an idiot who doesn't speak English" about a guy TO SOMEONE WHO TALKS TO THAT GUY EVERY drat DAY.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Nobody show that to Cobblers, the state of the bird tech will make him sad

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

I just ran across the same snake this weekend when I was fishing with Moma. They're hilarious snakes, they go through every phase of bullshit to prove their danger until they finally play possum.

Here's the twist, they're harmless.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

holy lol

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Kosumo posted:

I don't know how to post a jpeg but if I could I would be posting a jpeg of how for the last hour (hour 9 on the graph), Star Citizen was funded a whole $100, that's 33 cents for each employee.

The last week was the lowest in the last 7 week.

Chris's coke dealer will be feeling grief at that, I hope he lets Chris tick some up for internet spaceships jpegs or used wigs.

No problem friend

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Post your snapchat if you want some snake t poses

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

a year ago, a guy posted this

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/270904/chris-roberts-has-failed-at-delivering-games-before-because-he-was-too-ambitious

the comments there are hilarious and it ended with a big bang by Lando and his swimming pool analogy lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Pgabz look at what you did to the guy at the far side, coz of you he had to debug the poo poo up instead of playing street fighter

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 11, 2016

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen physics explained by a snake.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Welcome back

I'm glad you survived being killed by D&D

It was GBS, but thanks. :salute:

At least it got rid of the dumb weaboo AV somebody got me.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Citizen Spotlight - Pokemon Starliner (Colour Pencil and Graphite Pencil on Paper)

quote:

Question: "So why did you buy the Genesis Starliner, Witcher?"
Answer: "Because you’ve Gotta Catch them all!"
This was the gist of the conversation on our Organisation’s Slack chat that inspired the creation of this Pokémon Starliner Fan Art. It was done shortly after the Glaive drawing was submitted. It was also inspired by the various livery that modern commercial airlines sport on their planes. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed drawing it.

you know, I had never really thought about it, but Pokemon really molded an entire generation of gamers for the Star Citizen model of nerd-fleecing.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sandra needs to stop with the creepy office shots on Facebook jfc...

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
When im on lunch break me and my cowrkers always have poptarts, cereal, and OJ.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

EminusSleepus posted:

Pgabz look at what you did to the guy at the far side, coz of you he had to debug the poo poo up instead of playing street fighter

LMAO at that background office work-propaganda. I'd go mad having to see that every day, doing my best only to have Crobbers march in at the end of it and flip my poo poo upside down with his 'vision'.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

CrazyLoon posted:

LMAO at that background office work-propaganda. I'd go mad having to see that every day, doing my best only to have Crobbers march in at the end of it and flip my poo poo upside down with his 'vision'.

It was a corporate fad for a while so they had to do it

The first line makes zero sense "excellance is caring more than most people think is wise"

You are supposed to put poo poo like Reach Higher and stuff by famous ppl not some weird rambling

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

It's... it's beautiful

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's... it's beautiful

No one correct them i want it to be Canon that major tom is semi literate and Derek Smart while simultaneously being paid by DS. And unrelentingly angry

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SurfaceDetail posted:

When im on lunch break me and my cowrkers always have poptarts, cereal, and OJ.

Kindergarten isn't work you fumb duck

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Theyre nerds maybe sandys caption isnt a lie and they eat poptarts for lunch

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

WebDog posted:

Despite all the PR gloss this reads like a nightmare. So they're cutting the scenes on the go in AVID using the recorded mo-cap references which then are catalogued and synced, then sent back to animation who have to retool this to work in CryEngine or FilmTools.

It also sounds like a mult-cam nightmare as you have up to 18 tracks all covering multiple angles for each actor and their face that is barely being held together via a labyrinthine of meta-tags that have to get translated from Imaginarium to CIG filename conventions every ingest. If Michael Freedman left they'd be seriously screwed unless he's been documenting or training assistants.

Going by what they're saying in that PR piece they are gunning it down the line to get a scene done, then assembling it together in post.

Animation's role sounds nightmarish. You have to collate animation data from two studios for face and body to cleanup and then link them up into the existing game models and hope on merry hell that the animation rig isn't going to break the model because it's been processed through so many changes.

Animation rigs require the modeller and the rigger to really know what is going on as if you put an animation onto a rig that is attached to a model that hasn't been modelled correctly you'll have tearing or weird deformities because there's not enough polygons to stretch out. For instance a bending arm would have extra polygons to pad out a bend.

The same goes with simplifying animations to fit onto a face rig that isn't as complex as what they'd use for a motion picture. Which is why I suspect the Bishop face looks so bad as they were forced to remove several nodes to compromise with there being no available linkages into the face rig. Or went for broke and used a kinect or webcam to live record a face animation as nothing was working.

On top of that Cryengine's own documentation has warnings all over the place about how precise you have to import mocap data into a character model. While on set the reference monitors make it look nice and easy but that animation has to be stripped out, cleaned up for any bangs (like blinks or smacking the prop against the rig) then converted into a malleable format for Maya/Max to read and then carefully formed into in-game animation files. If you stuff up you have to start from the beginning.

A reshoot isn't "we're improving the plot" it's "we have seriously hosed up our pipeline to the point where nothing is salvageable and it has to be redone".

Seeing as the are having problems with such features as 'walking around' and 'solid walls' I feel a little pessimistic about their chances of pulling off the above.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CrazyLoon posted:

I thought I heard on the video that they recently moved into that floor and that they are going to refit it. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing that the Robert's brothers would style their office with.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EminusSleepus posted:

I think my favorite thing was just playing the game. A lot of the team would play the game a lot, and then towards the later process, a lot of the Blizzard South guys would play it a lot. And that's why, we kind of knew that things were going really well, because so much of the team would stay around at night, even if they didn't have anything really more to do that day, and just play with the guys down south. And just the sheer amount of feedback they would send up from these sessions just felt great, and I think to this day it's always a great sign of how your development's going: is the team playing the game you're working on, or are they playing other games? If they're playing the game they're working on, things are going real well. - Erich Schaefer.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

It's a texture of the outside world, the reflections, like most things, are totally fudged and fake. Stand in front of another commando on Port Press Screens and you'll see a texture of the rings, they aren't turning and the commando is not reflected. It's just a texture on their helmet visor.

If you look at the visor reflection of the guy's head in butt pic it is definitely reflecting something in the room but badly.
There is skin tone and armor but I cannot make sense of what it is getting the light from. Like a warped macro lens.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tippis posted:

He should probably elect to adopt a posture that does not focus the thread more than ever then. Had he simply stayed away, it would just be all gifs and cattes and arguments about meat. :D

Maybe that's it: it's not actually SC he's trying to derail us from, but from the heretical usage of gif over jpeg.

Again I still find it hilarious that spacetoaster has had more success derailing this thread than any Shitizen White Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

What are those little rods that it renders from the players?

Like some kind of oversized pen? Nightsticks? Cattle prods?

Buttplugs?

• Locked thread