Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Yeah everyone calls it cornhole in massachusetts as well so

Cornhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i am cornholio

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
it's cornhole in FL too

in TX they just call it bags

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Real men play Washers and drink until they throw up in the bushes then poo poo and piss themselves.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Real men play Washers and drink until they throw up in the bushes then poo poo and piss themselves.

Washers?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Washers, shiner, and brisket. Good times man

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
So all those years of building platter hard drives didn't prepare those companies at all for SSD? I don't think I've ever seen a Seagate or Western Digital SSD. All of those appear to be made by memory companies. I guess the technologies are fundamentally different, but you'd think WD or someone would have at least traded on their brand name with a solid state offering.

Also, I like cornhole with three holes instead of the usual one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

"yes, I'll stand behind my box, and you stand behind yours, and we'll stare at each other until one of us pounces!" Definitely a cat inspired game.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

"yes, I'll stand behind my box, and you stand behind yours, and we'll stare at each other until one of us pounces!" Definitely a cat inspired game.

You throw heavy metal washers into the boxes, trying to get the PVC pipe in the center

It's actually pretty tough after like 10 beer

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

You throw heavy metal washers into the boxes, trying to get the PVC pipe in the center

I like my version better :colbert:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Cornholes, in my corporate deathwatch thread?

It happens more often than you think!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
How are cornhole manufacturers doing? Are they diversifying their product lines enough to stay competitive in the market?

naem
May 29, 2011

Do people really throw bags of corn at a hole a lot? Like on purpose?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pope Mobile posted:

How are cornhole manufacturers doing? Are they diversifying their product lines enough to stay competitive in the market?

ladder ball is eating into their market share.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

naem posted:

yes, they loving love to put corn in holes in Ohio

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

naem posted:

its portable, any sex/fat can do it, competitive, and can be done while hodling a beer.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Professor Shark posted:

is this the kind of game you win by "accidentally" hurling the heavy metal washers at the other guy's crotch or what

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

naem posted:

It's like horseshoes, but for people who are afraid of hitting someone with a chunk of metal after several beers.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

And if you aren't calling that game "Warshers" you're doing it wrong.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I hope you fuckholes playing washers in public campgrounds fall into the fire pit and suffer from third degree burns for the rest of your lives.

Shut the gently caress up and go drink at home.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Iron Crowned posted:

yes, they loving love to put corn in holes in Ohio

I moved near NY from the Cincinnati area a while ago, and nobody up hear plays corn hole.

I don't know what people do after Church on Sunday. I've been afraid to ask.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Are you guys serious that "cornholing" refers to anything other than anal sex? Seriously lol about guys cornholing in a park

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you know that game that's all about putting nails in a stump, then you take a hammer and toss it into the air and catch it and hammer the nail into the stump? i think it's called 'cornholing'

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Krispy Kareem posted:

So all those years of building platter hard drives didn't prepare those companies at all for SSD? I don't think I've ever seen a Seagate or Western Digital SSD. All of those appear to be made by memory companies. I guess the technologies are fundamentally different, but you'd think WD or someone would have at least traded on their brand name with a solid state offering.

they make hybrid drives

companies like samsung do both

they are most definitely branching off into solid state storage

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krispy Kareem posted:

Western Digital owns Sandisk.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pope Mobile posted:

How are cornhole manufacturers doing?
Well, apparently their penetration in southern markets is somewhat less than satisfying.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Schwarzwald posted:

I moved near NY from the Cincinnati area a while ago, and nobody up hear plays corn hole.

I don't know what people do after Church on Sunday. I've been afraid to ask.

I read your post backwards and I was right about to kick your rear end. You will survive to see another day

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

EvilJoven posted:

I hope you fuckholes playing washers in public campgrounds fall into the fire pit and suffer from third degree burns for the rest of your lives.

I think all those games are just to keep people from standing there silently with a beer in one hand and their other hand in their pocket. If your friends are so boring that you can't just have fun talking and drinking, why bother having them over?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

Western Digital owns Sandisk.

That makes a lot more sense, then.

I didn't know if the technologies were complementary enough (platter versus SSD) that existing HDD makers could maintain any advantage over memory companies.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think you're probably right in that, and I think WD saw the writing on the wall as well. They actually only acquired Sandisk last year.

But yeah they're aware that HDD is dying out.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

ZombieJesus posted:

Are you guys serious that "cornholing" refers to anything other than anal sex? Seriously lol about guys cornholing in a park

I have never heard the game referred to as anything else other than cornhole

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

PallasAthene posted:

I think all those games are just to keep people from standing there silently with a beer in one hand and their other hand in their pocket. If your friends are so boring that you can't just have fun talking and drinking, why bother having them over?

It's sort of like dominoes or cards you don't do it because the game is fun, you do it because you and your friends like to talk poo poo and be competitive.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Hey shut up!

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Mozi posted:

you know that game that's all about putting nails in a stump, then you take a hammer and toss it into the air and catch it and hammer the nail into the stump? i think it's called 'cornholing'

'Stump' is the one true drinking game. You can make it even better by placing the stump in the middle of an active fire pit.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

not anymore pokemon go's a goldmine

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cowman posted:

not anymore pokemon go's a goldmine

People want their games they just don't want to play them on lovely Nintendo hardware.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Pope Mobile posted:

It's like horseshoes, but for people who are afraid of hitting someone with a chunk of metal after several beers.

Or for going to a place that won't allow you to hammer two nails into the ground for horseshoes, and are watching so you can't just do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Troy Queef posted:

And if you aren't calling that game "Warshers" you're doing it wrong.

S'truth

EvilJoven posted:

Lick my dirty cornhole.