Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

Podbean | iTunes | Facebook | Twitter

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's and one of them forces his 14 year old daughter to watch them as well. What does she think of these once (possibly still) rad films? What do our hosts think of them now?

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:
Sometime on Monday around midnight EST, every Monday

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-51-pee-wees-big-advanture-1985/
In life, there are things too important to let go. Especially if that thing is a rad bike with oil slickers and an ejection seat, which leads to Pee Wee's Big Adventure! The Paul Reuben's classic about a man-child's quest to reclaim his bicycle. In this cast, Willow finds only disappointment when getting what she wants, Greg shares his encyclopedic knowledge of fortune tellers, and Greg confounds Willow once more with logic. All this plus juggalos!

We are 52 downloads away from 5000 downloads and we still have one episode left! Thanks to any goons who gave our podcast a shot. The name of this episode should really have been "My podcast host is a Juggalo and I never knew".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

This is how I feel when we're apart, derMoerder. Good thing I'm outside your window now.

decipherSciFi

What is it:
Each Tuesday we share our rationally optimistic enthusiasm about society, technology, and the future through sci-fi movies

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Film Arts/Entertainment

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:
Twitter | Instagram | Patreon

Most recent episode:

Weird Science (1985)

In episode 45
: with Weird Science we realize we are nerds and geeks, find discomfort in teenage fantasies, talk about Frankenstein, science magic, objectification, and reveal ourselves as responsible adults.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Genre: History
Released: Alternate Tuesdays
Goon: General Ironicus

Episode 3: Tuberculosis and Fashion

History Honeys is a show my wife and I just started where we teach each other about cool stuff in the past. Each episode ends with a coin flip to see which of us is in charge of the next episode's topic. This time, she catches me up on Tuberculosis, then drills down to how the disease shaped fashion, then shares stories of how other diseases caused fads, and some stories of how fads caused illnesses. Is anything in history truly isolated? Is there any limit to what people will do for fashion's sake? Have we been using a loaded coin all along?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Anime Kiwi Special

YouTube | iTunes | Google Play | RSS | Website

Release Schedule:
Whenever we can't have a regularly scheduled episode (or whenever else we feel like), releases on Sunday (or maybe later. before Thursday, at least!)

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
On Anime Kiwi Special we watch anime movies. Watch along with us! Audience participation is encouraged (send an email to: anime at gamekiwi dot net! We usually record Wednesdays around Noon PST)

Most Recent Episode (Special #9):
This week on Anime Kiwi we have a Special about the first two thirds of MegaZone 23. We also talk about stuff that might be rad if you're a teenage boy, and some movie called "Robot Cop(?)."

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will jump into our next series and start watching the psychological thriller known as Monster.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Monthly

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 13: DON'T BE A JERK!!! In CBP Episode 13, Mark, Jin, and Root are back after a fun-filled hiatus! We're old, cranky, and bad at coordinating schedules! Mark's work is growing along with his repeat show venue at Insomnia in Houston. Root has a new job and money to buy comics! Jin talks shows, MSP Comicon, and Minnesota. Then the BROS have an inconclusive discussion about how positive and negative opinions of an artist influence the ability to enjoy their work.

:siren: BROS BONUS! :siren: An exciting show promo featuring everyone's favorite control-freak wrestling CEO because reasons... :vince:

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Joe-Ryan-546792155357754
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | iTunes
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: Whenever
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Join me for another Joe Ryan Podcast (recorded live on July 7, 2016) as I first address issues the police shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, and go over the issues of fear, institutional bias, poor training and cultural issues underlying these shootings and others like them. I wrap up with a discussion of the Hillary Clinton email scandal, and the decision by FBI Director Comey to not charge Hillary with any crime, as well as the hearing in Congress regarding his decision. Do two sets of laws exist, one for police and political elites and another for the rest of us?

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 30, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

podbean: http://adventureinc.podbean.com/
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventure-incorporated/id1102454157?mt=2
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adventureincpod

Genre: Adventure / Fantasy / Comedy
Released: Every Monday
Goon: BreadSetJettison (Asher the Druid)

(This is part 3 of the adventure, so if you're behind you have 2 great eps to catch up on)

Part 3 of 3 - Demonology

The Many Pennies try to finish cleansing the dark wood of its Shadow Demon infestation. Can they find the source of the darkness and stop it from further corruption? Can they escape the forest? Will Posey and Violet be okay? Find out in the thrilling conclusion to the Dark Wood story arc.
Also, Gillik falls off the wagon.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Social Media: Facebook

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Brain Damage), or just under-analyzed in general (Man of the Year, Lakeview Terrace). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #13 - Rat Race

Paolo and Carrie are joined by director/actor/comedian Kyle Surma to discuss Jerry Zucker's 2001 ensemble comedy Rat Race. Topics include 9/11, prairie-dogging, and the elaborate mechanics of the film's Nazi jokes.

Next episode: I Hate Valentine's Day (2009)

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

This is how I feel when we're apart, derMoerder. Good thing I'm outside your window now.

decipherSciFi

What is it:
Each Tuesday we share our rationally optimistic enthusiasm about society, technology, and the future through sci-fi movies

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Language & The Expanse

In episode 46
: Nick Farmer, creator of the Belter language from The Expanse, joins us to talk about conlanging and language in scifi, The Expanse, and in general.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Anime Kiwi: Season 3 - Monster

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:
Weekly, every Sunday (hopefully :sweatdrop:)

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
Mike likes anime a lot. Cat doter? Not so much. Listen as Mike shows doter that anime has more to offer than bad plot, yelling, and scantily-clad women.

This season we're watching Monster, a psychological thriller about a good-hearted neurosurgeon thrust into a deadly conspiracy in 1990's Germany.

Most Recent Episode (Episode 1):
In this first episode of season 3 of Anime Kiwi we gave Monster a test drive with the first 6 episodes. We also talked about eugenics, sous vide, and the nature of evil.

Episodes Discussed: Monster 1-6

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will dial it back to 4 episodes a week and will be talking about episodes 7-10 of Monster!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheEdgeOfChaos
Genre: Political commentary/opinion
Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. SPECIAL CONVENTION COVERAGE ANNOUNCEMENT: going live this Wednesday and next Wednesday at 9pm EST/6pm PST for 1 hour each night to cover both conventions. Join us live and toast the destruction of America itself: http://mixlr.com/edgeofchaosshow

Join in live to chat and follow along.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
Mike likes anime a lot. Cat doter? Not so much. Listen as Mike shows doter that anime has more to offer than bad plot, yelling, and scantily-clad women.

This season we're watching Monster, a psychological thriller about a good-hearted neurosurgeon thrust into a deadly conspiracy in 1990's Germany.

Most Recent Episode (Episode 2):
This week on Anime Kiwi we watched episodes 7-10 of Monster. We also talked about clip shows, strong female characters, and Mike's theory.

Episodes Discussed: Monster 7-10

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 11-14 of Monster!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 73, "Race Politics" - In this episode we recap the Republican convention thus far, analyze the effect the nomination of Trump has on the election, and the country, and recap where the rhetoric displayed in Cleveland takes the Republican party in November and beyond. We also offer an election prediction, including where each party goes if their candidate wins or loses.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Godzilla

In episode 47
: Comic creator Miles Greb joins us again to look at Godzilla (Gojira) and its historical context, atomic weapons, censhorship, science, regret, metaphors, analogies, more

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Animation Historia

Youtube | Website | Soundcloud

Genre
Film History, Animation, Culture, Arts, conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly

Goons
Me and the occasional other goon guest

Description
Animation has been a thing for over 100 years now, and surprisingly people still don't see it as a valid art style. Animation is more than just a series of pictures for little kids, its the blood, sweat and tears of artists, directors, and studios who have produced animated pieces. This podcast is about their stories, as well as the occasional story about kid's cartoons.

Latest episode

Princess (2006)
Warning: This episode deals with adult topics and may not be suitable for all ages.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 75, "DNC Debrief" - In this episode we recap the Democratic convention thus far, analyze the effect of the Sanders delegate walkout, speculate what base will turn out for Hillary in November, compare both conventions and evaluate how well both will help their respective nominees by November, and slam the DNC party apparatus itself for the recent leaked emails proving DNC/media collusion to torpedo Bernie Sanders.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:

Most Recent Episode (Episode 3):
This week on Anime Kiwi we watched episodes 11-14 of Monster. We also talked about spreading a legend, skull holes, and Kantai Collection. Not to mention we introduce a new segment, Anime Fakeout!

Warning: We briefly talk about abuse in this ep.

Episodes Discussed: Monster 11-14

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 15-18 of Monster! Doter is guest directing/editing this one, so if there are problems please direct all complaints to him.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 5, 2016

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Brain Damage), or just under-analyzed in general (Man of the Year, Lakeview Terrace). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #14 - I Hate Valentine's Day

Paolo and Carrie go it alone for a discussion of Nia Vardalos' 2009 romantic comedy I Hate Valentine's Day. Topics include tapas, possible narcissism, and whether or not Mike Starr and Danny Aiello look alike.

Next episode: Blood Diner (1987)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Anime Kiwi x Movie Kiwi

Genre:
Anime/Movies

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
I'm not sure we'll have more than one of these since this is kind of a special thing, but this is a blend of Anime Kiwi and our old Movie Kiwi formats.

This Episode (Satoshi Kon):
In this special episode of Pod Kiwi, Mike and doter are joined by GameSpot's Mary Kish to talk about the collected works of the late, great Satoshi Kon. We also talk about romance, foreign politics, piracy, and doter's hatred of strings.

Audio Version
YouTube Version

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 5: The Iroquois Theatre Fire
In our fifth episode, Alaina teaches us about the fire that claimed Chicago's Iroquois Theatre in 1903, the deadliest single-building fire in history. It's a story with some similarities to the Eastland Disaster, and plenty to set it apart as well. When is a door not a door? Is rational self interest the deadliest force in history? What in this dang city hasn't burned down?

Episode 6: TV ads in Presidential Campaigns
This time, I take the reigns and teach y'all about the history of those campaign ads that plague Americans every four years. We talk about notable examples, trends that come and go, and some points on funding, and how funding impacts form. Is the future of the country sold in the same way as laundry detergent? If big money is the problem, what's the solution? Why did we make an audio program about visual media?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:

Most Recent Episode (Episode 4):
This week on Anime Kiwi we watched episodes 15-18 of Monster. We also talked about twists, what it means to lose your humanity, and how to forget the taste of sugar.

Guest edited by cat doter.

Opening Music: Kunaiki Haishima – Medium Shot (Monster OST)
Ending Music: Kunaiki Haishima – WE'LL BE WAITING FOR THE NIGHT (Monster OST II)

Episodes Discussed: Monster 15-18

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 19-22 of Monster.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I run a small creative tumblr with about 1000 followers. I've begun work on a horror-tinged anthology podcast in the vein of the Twilight Zone, with each episode being between 15 and 30 minutes. The first episode has been cast and is in the process of being recorded, and the second episode is half cast so far. I was wondering if you guys would have some advice on places to look for casting and how to get the word out when it's released.

Never tried scripted audio work for me so the whole process is new, would appreciate any and all advice you guys would have to give.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventure-incorporated/id1102454157?mt=2

(This arc is really crazy and if you've been following, really cool. We're half way through and having a lot of fun with it.)

Maerifa's Memories, 6 part adventure

The Many Pennies meet with the leadership at Adventure Incorporated to discuss Maerifa's grand plan for getting more information about Viltroth.
Also, Jennuvera gets mad about how good she is.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Animation Historia

Youtube | Website | Soundcloud

Genre
Film History, Animation, Culture, Arts, conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly, with Minimation being biweekly

Goons
Senior Scarybagels and Cowman

Description
Animation has been a thing for over 100 years now, and surprisingly people still don't see it as a valid art style. Animation is more than just a series of pictures for little kids, its the blood, sweat and tears of artists, directors, and studios who have produced animated pieces. This podcast is about their stories, as well as the occasional story about kid's cartoons.

Latest episode

Minimation: A Chinese Ghost Story (1997)
Cowman and I go into the Ghibli-esque A Chinese Ghost Story and find out that early CGI could be pretty drat painful but yet surprisingly good.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #15 - Blood Diner

Paolo and Carrie are joined by Justin Benson to discuss Jackie Kong's 2007 horror-comedy Blood Diner. Topics include the allure of nude aerobics & karate, terrible acting, and the skillful art of dismemberment comedy.

Next episode: Art School Confidential (2006)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

The Spoony Bard's Aural Theatre

What This Is Supposed to Be:
My girlfriend and I are attempting to create serial drama adaptations of retro video games. We're using music and sound effects from the game, and every word of dialogue is taken right from the original script. The only thing added is the narration, provided by Girlfriend. I do all the male voices, she does the female voices.

The first game we're doing is Final Fantasy IV. We're using the English translation that was provided in the Playstation 1 release of Final Fantasy Chronicles.

[

The only episode we've created so far is Final Fantasy IV from the beginning up until Rydia joins the party. I would really, really, really appreciate it if someone would provide some feedback to us. She is a dramaturg and has tremendous experience in script adapting and theatre but neither of us have ever done anything like this. We basically got a microphone, downloaded Audacity, and she sat down with the Playstation and started playing and writing a script. We're not voice actors. We're doing our best, and surely we'll improve as this goes, but we could use some feedback, advice, criticism. Please, if you listen to this and think this is a good idea or whatever, leave us a comment on the website or on our Facebook page! It will really go a long way to helping us mold this project into something great.

Get it:
Soundcloud | Website

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
45 minutes

Release:
Right now we only have the one episode, and we're working on the second. If all goes well, once that is finished and we have some of this refined, we intend to release an episode every two weeks.

Goons:
Just me.

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Seveneves

In episode 50
: Covering a book! Seveneves, by Neal Stephenson. Meteorites, Tunguska, Chelyabinsk, apocalypse, jumping down wiki-holes, space tech, gliding, more

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 8: The Magic Kingdom Alaina brings us to the Most Magical Place on Earth, Magic Kingdom Park in the Walt Disney World Resort. We learn about the park's inception and development, and follow a number of notable attractions from opening day to the present. Does the Magic Kingdom have a unique identity, or is it just Disneyland 2? How does something so compelling come from the collision of family passion and profit-seeking? Is there really any hope they'll give us a free vacation for saying mostly nice things?
Supplemental 1: More letters, some outtakes, very cute

Episode 9: Haymarket Grant takes a turn at Chicago tragedy with the Haymarket Affair. In May 1886 a bomb was thrown, igniting a shootout that killed over a dozen people and changed the fight for workers' rights forever. Can equality be gained in a system run by those who profit from inequality? Are the voices of the dead louder than those of the living? While we don't know who started the fight, can we even know who won in the end?

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 13, 2016

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 76, "Olympic Shitshow" - In this episode we dip our toe into the world of Facebook Live recording and begin with a quick message regarding the flooding in Louisiana. But we focus on both the current Olympics in Rio, and the overall corruption and elitism of the IOC who seem to only be able to host Olympics by exploiting oppressive governments to get the necessary infrastructure built. We finish with a bit of election coverage.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Sassy Boys

We're still awaiting iTunes approval. RSS: RSS.

Goons: SEX HAVER 40000 and Scud Hansen

Sassy Boys is a podcast about two drunk idiots stumbling their way through masculinity. We only have one episode up so far but our goal is to discuss the effect that macho culture and toxic horseshit has had on us, all from a feminist bent, and how we try to better ourselves and our zones. We have future eps planned and we'll make sure to actually focus up on specific topics like the gendering of technical skills, basketball, hair loss, mysterious porn tapes and more.

We'll be coming out weekly, and hopefully iTunes will approve us before episode 2 drops. If you have a topic suggestion or advice-style question email us at sassiestboys at gmail. Thanks for checking it out, probably!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

Episode 20 - Maerifa’s Memories Part 5 of 6 - Liches get Stitches

There is more to discover in this Lich's lair as the original Adventure Incorporated crew continues to delve deep into the dungeon.
Also, Gillik/Viltroth gets a seltzer.

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010

What is it:
From Eyeballs to Entrails - A podcast about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Two hosts going through the series episode by episode, with a few special topic episodes thrown in occasionally.
We just hit our 1 year anniversary of the pod! In the middle of season 3, now.

Get it:
itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/from-eyeballs-to-entrails/id1042447054?mt=2
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/eyeballs2entrails/

Genre

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
Tom Funk

Social etc:
https://www.facebook.com/eyeballs2entrails/

https://twitter.com/FromE2E

My favorite episode: https://soundcloud.com/eyeballs2entrails/episode-325-spin-offs
-We cast ancillary characters from the show as the leads in their own spin off.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Monthly

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 14: Kill Six Billion Demons The ghosts of the Internet lash out in CBP Episode 014! Mark talks the Cheap Date Art Show, Jin regales us with tales of art shows in the Twin Cities, and Root jabbers about his new stash of indie comics. Then the whole gang sits down for the first installment of the Comic Bros Book Club to discuss the Abbadon's gorgeous metaphysical action-adventure epic... Kill 6 Billion Demons (soon to be published by IMAGE!)

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #16 - Art School Confidential

Paolo and Carrie are rejoined by writer/director & friend of the podcast Tony DiBiase for a somewhat autobiographical discussion of Terry Zwigoff's 2006 dark comedy Art School Confidential. Topics include the insanity of college critiques, what defines artistic genius, and the optimistic cynicism of Daniel Clowes.

Next episode: Three to Tango (1999)

china bot fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 9, 2016

crow baby
Oct 20, 2012
f

crow baby fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 27, 2020

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Joe-Ryan-546792155357754
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: Whenever
Description: Join me for another Joe Ryan Podcast as I go into more detail of the new "Be Like George" philosophy of disconnection and divestment from the cultural and political circus in this country. Father George found he could exist in a very happy, detached place with no stake in the direction of the human race, free to watch on with amusement as we circle the drain as a species. I seek to find this place. Other topics include a breakdown of why the Colin Kaepernick mess is an incredibly foolish waste of time and energy on the part of those outraged by a refusal to demonstrate a certain idea of visual patriotism just "because he should."

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 30, 2016

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Baba and Ganoush Beer Tasting Podcast

YouTube | iTunes | RSS | Website | Facebook

Genre
Arts, Food, Conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly

Goons
Just me

Description
My podcasting partner and I taste and compare beers with a focus (but not exclusively so) on Chicagoland microbreweries. Each episode will compare similar beers of a specific type (Wheat Ales, Pilsners, etc) with a different type every episode.

Most Recent Episode
Episode 6 - The Season for Saison (Audio) - We're back to discuss a lesser known beer variety: the Saison.

Next Episode
At the end of September

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #17 - Three to Tango

Paolo and Carrie are joined by two guests - Krista Jackson and Emily Neil - to discuss Damon Santostefano's 1999 romantic comedy Three to Tango. Topics include "progressive" homophobia, humor about insecurity, and Paolo's impression of flirty ladies.

Next episode: Eaten Alive (1976)

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 78, "Kashmir (the place, not the song)" - In this episode we welcome special guests Bilal Shah (resident Edge of Chaos Graphics Expert) and Govind Ramabadran to discuss the various aspects of the ongoing clashes in Kashmir, a disputed region in the northern Indian subcontinent that has been fought over since Indian independence was granted. We go over the history of the conflict itself, the differing sides and opposing angles, and finish up with examples of how such clashes can have an effect on the world's political events and our ideas for how the conflict could finally come to a peaceful end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 8: The Magic Kingdom Alaina brings us to the Most Magical Place on Earth, Magic Kingdom Park in the Walt Disney World Resort. We learn about the park's inception and development, and follow a number of notable attractions from opening day to the present. Does the Magic Kingdom have a unique identity, or is it just Disneyland 2? How does something so compelling come from the collision of family passion and profit-seeking? Is there really any hope they'll give us a free vacation for saying mostly nice things?
Supplemental 1: More letters, some outtakes, very cute

Episode 9: Haymarket Grant takes a turn at Chicago tragedy with the Haymarket Affair. In May 1886 a bomb was thrown, igniting a shootout that killed over a dozen people and changed the fight for workers' rights forever. Can equality be gained in a system run by those who profit from inequality? Are the voices of the dead louder than those of the living? While we don't know who started the fight, can we even know who won in the end?