Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

And I know we talked about it in a previous thread for its comedy value, but it's even kinda heartwarming to hear them discuss stuff like Perkins putting on a mask and wrestling at 13 just for that sense of how unsanitized, unfiltered and different from WWE the background of a lot of these guys are. There is real character here beyond the gimmicks, as well as history (THE Brian Kendrick being a prime example).

Yeah definitely agreed. The only one on the show who really came off as a 'character' in the WWE sense was Gallagher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Zack Sabre Jr.? Run, boy, run
Tajiri's gonna lose to the Ho Ho Lun
Who the gently caress is Clement Petiot?
He'll get his rear end kicked by big Ho Ho

*3 minute fiddle solo*

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zack Sabre Jr is gonna become King of the Armbars.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I have a feeling that the finals will be on the Brooklyn card. Nevermind I didn't look at the taping/broadcast dates. Maybe the Finals will be the takeover after Brooklyn?

I believe the finals are supposed to be their own 2 hour show. Assuming the semis are also on that card, you could do a third place play-off match and maybe a multi-man tag showcase and it'd be around the same length as a Takeover card.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
i want rich swann to win and go on to win the title from Samoa Joe because I'll actually cry when it happens

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
If only they moved Tony Nese into the bottom right and then that whole bracket could be a perfect containment zone of ex/current Evolve guys I don't love.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Anthony Bennett is wearing at least three pairs of sunglasses for his entrance. I am also curious to see if they give Daivari his brother's old music.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How many matches are expected in the first instalment, is it a one or two hour show? I love that they're giving this the treatment it deserves, the bracketology show was perfect buildup. I feel like I'm watching the World Cup of Wrestling.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I loved the bracketology show. Kudos to WWE. Worth my $10.

(Let's go Swann.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Depending on where they are in the tournament by the time Brooklyn comes around, it would be loving incredible to see an 8-man Tornado Tag, or a Four Corners match, or even just some random make-shift tag-teams with guys eliminated to pump the crowd up.

People keep joking about it, but Baron Corbin coming out for a surprise return to NXT to talk down about the cruiserweight open then having an Underdog come in and have a great match with him would be really cool too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

That song is good as hell and was really popular here in Canada and the UK. Did it not make much noise in the US? Jay Z rapped over it in one version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMTcOxJL_4Q
Haha, maybe it was. I only ever knew that song from wrestling. I've been crazy out of touch with pop and commercial radio for a long time (I wasn't aware of "Happy" until Weird Al parodied it, if that tells you anything).

Vaguido posted:

My final four are Gran Metalik, ZSJ, Ibushi and Swann. CMLL not allowing Mascara Dorada to use his normal ring name makes me think that WWE is trying to sign him so I expect him to go far, but I think everyone expects the finals to be ZSJ vs Ibushi so they're at least going to push him to the semi-finals.
I feel like Metalik in the semis depends on whether he or Tozawa signs first, if Tozawa's even signing.

Although, someone mentioned in the other thread that WWE might want there to be a US/Japan/Mexico/UK final four to display the tournament's international flavor, and the logic of that booking is too predictable to ignore.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'd be thrilled to see something representing the CWC in Brooklyn. We already know 4 matches that seem likely for it (the 3 championships + whatever austin aries/andrade are up to) and they probably will have a 5th match on the card. As much fun as No Way Jose/Dillinger would be, it's not like they have any other singles stars.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Gentleman Jack Gallagher is also handy in the nerdlinger-vaunted shoot-style of pro wrestling, being the only guy in the Tetsujin tournament to keep it real the entire time.

So it's 100% illogical but I'm pulling for him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Possible Bad news about Gran Metalik

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/751603999330209792

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he walked to the back on his own

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LvK posted:

Gentleman Jack Gallagher is also handy in the nerdlinger-vaunted shoot-style of pro wrestling, being the only guy in the Tetsujin tournament to keep it real the entire time.

So it's 100% illogical but I'm pulling for him.

It's also 100% illogical that I'm anti-pulling for him because he beat Pete Dunne in the qualification match for the CWC, despite those matches not actually meaning anything other than some easy promotion for some indies.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'd have liked Pete to be in it just to show a bit more variety of British wrestling

Bit of a shame its 2 very technical guys with no strong style

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Skarsnik posted:

I'd have liked Pete to be in it just to show a bit more variety of British wrestling

Bit of a shame its 2 very technical guys with no strong style

Marty Scurll would've been good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There's a huge number of guys who'd have been perfect to represent BSS

I really like jack, such an excellent wrestler, but I have a feeling its the 'tally ho pip pip' bollocks that Americans seem to have a hard on for that got him selected

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Skarsnik posted:

I really like jack, such an excellent wrestler, but I have a feeling its the 'tally ho pip pip' bollocks that Americans seem to have a hard on for that got him selected

I'm guessing they wanted Will Ospreay, but then he signed to NJPW, so they were like 'poo poo, who can we get on the show that's really English' and he was the next best thing

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They probably wanted will until they heard his potty mouth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skarsnik posted:

There's a huge number of guys who'd have been perfect to represent BSS

Eh if it was the main roster I'd see where you were coming from but none of the other foreign picks seem tradionally WWE-style typecast so I'd assume it's just more that he has a character in general

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Knowing what we know now how badly does him missing out on the CWC suck for Amazing Red?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Eh if it was the main roster I'd see where you were coming from but none of the other foreign picks seem tradionally WWE-style typecast so I'd assume it's just more that he has a character in general

Yeah I suppose that's true

(Well aside from the Indian fellas)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Knowing what we know now how badly does him missing out on the CWC suck for Amazing Red?

Wasn't Amazing Red so badly injured from wear and tear like a decade ago that he retired for a good amount of time? I know they're more forgiving when it comes to injury histories now but he's not one I ever would've thought about for the CWC

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They probably wanted will until they heard his potty mouth

His swearing in nj is so over the top and obvious I wonder if he's been encouraged to do it. Maybe it's seen as cool?

He didn't swear nearly as much before he left

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Want Slater to win it all but he's going to be murderlized by Tajiri in the first round :negative:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm sure Swann's a great guy and he's been through a lot, but he promos about his troubled past with all the gravitas of the first kid in the schoolyard to touch a boob

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

still confused that in Bracketology, literally the only matchup not touched upon was Daivairi v. Ho Ho

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

still confused that in Bracketology, literally the only matchup not touched upon was Daivairi v. Ho Ho

They want Lun vs Cedric Alexander to be the surprise final.

Or I don't know.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

MinibarMatchman posted:

They skipped like three or four, I thought. They didn't talk about Gulak's match or Dorado's, iirc.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

Political hit

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone have a version of the printable bracket without the obnoxious purple background? Trying to print a few copies out but also not trying to use all of the ink in my printer.

Edit: Nevermind. Realized that if I open the PDF in Illustrator, I can just remove the background. Here's a black and white version in PNG and PDF for anyone who wants it! http://imgur.com/a/vhwvM

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 12, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib2p11VcuHE

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Want Slater to win it all but he's going to be murderlized by Tajiri in the first round :negative:

Oh poo poo aus goon? I work with slater all the time when he comes to EPW and I also want to him to at least progress beyond the first match some how but I don't see it happening.

I'm so tempted to ask him or check spoilers but arghh.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I mean the first rounds are all more or less obvious bookings with the exception of Ciampa / Gargano.

A bit surprised that Sami would call Dux a better wrestler than ZSJ but they're probably buds

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

A bit surprised that Sami would call Dux a better wrestler than ZSJ but they're probably buds

Wrestlers value different things than fans do quite a lot too. Also Dux is kind of a sad case as he has had a million tryouts, "looks" and dark matches going back over a decade. Zayn might just throwing him a bone.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An article on the alternates:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/article/cruiserweight-classic-alternates

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Did they make Dux grow a beard so he doesn't look like a dime store John Cena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Alright, who do we Tonya Harding to get cyborg Puerto Rican Jesus in this thing?

• Locked thread