Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Siva68 posted:

I still love foundries though; it's loving primal or something working there, feels good man.

Have you considered a job at... Foundry 42? :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lazrin posted:

interesting choice, with career suicide by joining and posting in this forum

unfortunately all anonymous sources have to be summarily dismissed

Just to be clear, you are Lethality, right?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Siva68 posted:

Last foundry story since it was asked for. When I was on the smelt/pouring crew we had a platform like this roughly:

but we had 4 vats next to eachother. We had a long rear end conveyor belt on the ends of the deck that goes to each one which scrap is sent down that pours into the vats. Obviously the vats heat up slowly and then you keep stirring the slowly melting scrap and adding more until its full, it's loving awesome and fun. My job in the mornings would be to climb inside of the vats, which were off, but it's still kinda freaky, and apply a industrial epoxy kind of a clay to the walls of the vats. This helps keep the heat in to an extent, but mostly its to fill minuscule cracks so the metal doesn't break through and basically just destroy the thing.

We had a huge order going so all 4 vats were full and going strong; I'm not sure if I missed a crack or it was just it's time, but the side gave out on one and just tons literally of liquid metal starts flowing around the foundry floor. We call the FD have them come as a heads up, we were going to let it puddle in the pit and let it cool then just crane out the mess. Well some of the metal starts shooting out a bit of distance and catches some equipment on fire, and the FD hoses that down, which was all shut down at that point, no big deal.
Then one of the guys starts to turn and was going to spray the cracked vat of metal, my uncle runs at full speed and just slams the guy down and almost gets in a fight with the guy. He didn't seem to realize he would have killed every employee on the floor and cause a chain explosion. Too my knowledge the force of the water hitting metal that hot would have caused the steam cloud from hell, then the pressure would have shattered the vat exploding it into the next one and so on and so on. Basically everyone in the vicinity would have died immediately from the steam, then god knows how big of an explosion those 4 going up would have caused. Would have been shrapnel right out of hell and molten metal flying everywhere.

Also we had a dude who breathed in too much fumes on the platform once, passed out and fell, got the luckiest bounce I have ever seen. He fell and hit the outer edge of the vat and dropped 20 feet and broke his legs and some ribs and a arm. He was like 6 inches from being part of some steel beams. That one scared the gently caress out of me watching it happen. There was still some slag in the pit and how he didn't impale himself on any of the little sharp pieces is beyond me.

:vince:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

An anonymous source tells me you're smart and funny. v:shobon:v

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

One year ago, everybody knew Star Marine was weeks away.

Six months ago, everybody knew cargo and trading were in the game.

And fifteen hours ago, you knew that Gary Oldman was gonna be in Squadron 42.

Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Nobody should believe anything that doesn't come from a glossy marketing website.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Barn Folk posted:

Just to be clear, you are Lethality, right?

No because if he is Lethality then that goon that was obsessed with Lethality should be here reaping the whirlwind with the rest of us since he was absolutely adamant that Lethality was a younger him and wouldn't shut the gently caress up about bringing him to the thread/discord because he identified with him.

Oh god Lazrin is adamant he paid 0$, so someone bought him an account.

God dammit, where the hell are you wikkihowzer. Look at what you've done. Lethality was funny when he was on twitter and we could mock him but you just couldn't resist cutting the bars on his cage and letting him throw poo poo in everyone's faces because you too threw poo poo as a child.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Beet Wagon posted:

:five:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Chalks posted:

Nobody should believe anything that doesn't come from a glossy marketing website.

Sounds good

but you're not a glossy marketing website

so I don't believe you?

:psyboom:

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Lazrin posted:

interesting choice, with career suicide by joining and posting in this forum

Serious post for a moment.
I know it's all likely you're just a lovely troll, but the /r/dsmart and CiG peons can take this to their respective masters as well.

gently caress you for trying on besmirching this bloke's career.

He posted here to request we not translate his work without permission, and gave a professional line about protecting his sources. That's it.

This looks to be the pill you seem to be unable to swallow; when it comes to verifiable information, industry professionals will be professional with handling it. That means protecting sources, making sure no insiders are being exposed, and running facts past a legal department before ejaculating them into a mock thread hosted within a joke subforum of an internet comedy forum. We joke about Derek take 'two weeks' to run things past 'legal', but in reality that is how the world works. This is why as much as reddit likes to bray about it, CiG isn't suing him, the Escapist, or Mr Ottsjo here. I am aware professionalism is a little bit of a foreign concept at CiG, but you're going to have to accept that if you're hoping for some sort of epic legal smackdown on Derek Smart or any publication with a Star Citizen story, you're going to be left with massive blue balls.

This is one of those jokes that seems obvious in hindsight, and I wish I'd made it.

Anyway, back to the :lol:

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Also, foundry stories are some seriously metal poo poo. Thanks for sharing those man.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

The difference between you and me is I make this look FIDELITOUS

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

*presses <<USE>> on More Info button*

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Daztek posted:

I expect CIG to get this working no problem, lol

next gen gaming is 26 commandos in 2 different instances all mashing <<USE>> to make their bit of the ship work

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Zakutambah posted:

This is one of those jokes that seems obvious in hindsight, and I wish I'd made it.

Used to be poo poo-house.

Zakutambah posted:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The difference between you and me is I make this look FIDELITOUS

"May I ask why you felt little Sandi deserved to die?"

"Well, first I was gonna pop this guy hanging from the street light, and I realized, y'know, he's just refactoring pipelines. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' in the studio and bust me in my rear end while I'm on my $4000 chair? Then I saw this snarling beast guy, and I noticed he had a donut in his hand, and I'm realizing, y'know, he's not snarling, he's Ben. Y'know, ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Sandi. I'm thinking, y'know, fifty-eight-year-old white girl, middle of the studio, bunch of developers, this time of night with sales and marketing books? She about to start some poo poo, Zed. She's about fifty-eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it."

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Polish Avenger posted:

Used to be poo poo-house.

gently caress

:argh:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Lazrin posted:

If we can't Dox and harass the sources, they don't count.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Buran (SC supporter on loading.se) has read the article:

Buran via Google Translate posted:

Got it, flipped to the Star Citizen article. 24 pages sensational journalism is the first impression of the foaming. Shall return in greater detail when I read it more carefully.

"Peterottsjo:

Read it so we can discuss afterwards.

Where this is best done?

Edit:
IAF read the article properly now, awaiting answers to some questions I have about it!

peterottsjo via Google Translate posted:

Ask on.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is the real reason.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

peterottsjo via Google Translate posted:

Ask on.

:getin:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

If we can't Dox and harass the sources, they don't count.

peterottsjo
Jul 10, 2016

Iglocska posted:

First of all great that you've showed up here, can't wait to get my hands on your article (hopefully I can pick one up tonight over here in Oslo somewhere). I know this is going to come up sooner or later over on reddit and obviously you can't disclose your sources - but what did your vetting process look like for ex-employees?

I am not interested in discussing the vetting process. There is no point as far as I am concerned. If our editor-in-chief feels the need to discuss that I am sure he will do so. Ultimately it's not my decision.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Polish Avenger posted:

See what I mean? There's no getting through to them. If Chris Roberts blows his head off on 10FTC, they would rejoice that he now has the ability to code without the limits of corporeality. Any bad news is automatically inaccurate if it cannot be spun as a beneficial trade-off.

if you take an objective look at this thread, that's exactly what goons and your leader do.

everything positive is dismissed out of hand with a pre-fab retort.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lazrin posted:

if you take an objective look at this thread, that's exactly what goons and your leader do.

What's something positive?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

"May I ask why you felt little Sandi deserved to die?"

"Well, first I was gonna pop this guy hanging from the street light, and I realized, y'know, he's just refactoring pipelines. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' in the studio and bust me in my rear end while I'm on my $4000 chair? Then I saw this snarling beast guy, and I noticed he had a donut in his hand, and I'm realizing, y'know, he's not snarling, he's Ben. Y'know, ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Sandi. I'm thinking, y'know, fifty-eight-year-old white girl, middle of the studio, bunch of developers, this time of night with sales and marketing books? She about to start some poo poo, Zed. She's about fifty-eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it."

:vince:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lazrin posted:

Please share with us any positive news coming from cig. So far it has all been "We hope to" and "We plan to" and "pipelines" and what not. There is nothing concrete.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Lazrin posted:

what's positive? i asked you to convince me and you hand waved and carried on insulting us

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Pos my negative assets

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lazrin posted:

Post positive stuff please.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Samizdata posted:

I thought they only got one melt token a month or something like that.

I got the impression they meltdown more often than once a month.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hooper: You were at the Austin studio?

Smart: What happened?

Quint: UK studio slammed two late code changes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from a 24hr crunch session... just delivered 2.4. Persistent Shopping. One hundred men went back into the studio. Servers went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Sandi. Fifty-eighter. You know... you know that when you're in the studio, chief? You tell by lookin' for wrinkles from the head to the feet. Well, we didn't know... 'cause our patch mission had been so secret, no tweet had been sent, huh. They didn't even list the patch overdue for a month. Very first light, chief. The shark came cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like 'ol squares in battle like uh, you see on a calendar, like the Battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark goes to the nearest man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes she wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, she looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, she's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until she fires ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah... then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the air turns black with pubes and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' she'll come in and rip you to pieces. Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost ten men! I don't know how many bugs there were... maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, she averaged two an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Ben Lesnick from Santa Monica. Developer, Director of Ships. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up and down on the couch, just like a kinda top. Up ended him into a scooter. Well... he'd just bitten a Twinkie in half. At noon on the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a lawyer saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He was a sleazy lawyer, a lot sleazier than Mr. Hooper... anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later severance offers comes down and they start to pack us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin' for my turn. I'll never sign another NDA again. So, one hundred men went in the studio, fifty men come out, the shark took the rest, May the 29th 2016. Anyway, we delivered the patch.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

Career suicide? Didn't the last publication to write about Chris Robert's broken game and broken promises win a journalism award?

I mean I've been posting here for months and I still have a job. And lots of new friends.

Will you be my friend? You seem like a nice guy.

I befriended a guy in the first weeks of WOW that was named SomethingJones. He was a good guy. He stopped playing wow and my XBox360 was burgled so we don't really keep up anymore.

I adopted you as a surrogate, by the way.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Lazrin posted:

I can only pretend the hoofbeats are Zebras for so long. They've lost all benefit of the doubt for mucking up Star Marine and issuing no mea culpa on what happened. Let that not be forgotten. They teased gameplay that then disappeared and have given no explanation as to what happened. That's cowardly and dishonest.

Of course, they can always still make a great game to prove us wrong and yet we wait.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, you're probably looking at a duck, which is a better use of your time than trying to play Star Citizen.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peterottsjo posted:

I am not interested in discussing the vetting process. There is no point as far as I am concerned. If our editor-in-chief feels the need to discuss that I am sure he will do so. Ultimately it's not my decision.

There's no need - the backers and CIG defenders who try to discount your work because they don't know who the sources are just want to harass them and out them to CIG to give them trouble. There's no altruistic interest there whatsoever.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Lazrin posted:

We've called out a few positive moves from CIG during those excessively rare events. G0RF in particular is generous and takes pains to point out when CIG makes a good PR move with the videos they share. Usually it's related to the people they choose to broadcast, the material they choose to cover, etc.

Not everything CIG does is wrong. Just the overwhelming majority of what they choose to show, which is nothing more than a side-effect of having your failed actress unqualified idiot wife as VP of marketing. If CIG wanted to shut down our source of amusement almost overnight, they could hire someone competent for that role. We'd suffer humor starvation pretty loving quickly (at least until the collapse). The fact that Chris Roberts can't or won't do that is central to the mishandling of the entire enterprise.

Imagine what he could have accomplished. Dont' forget that many of us, myself included, backed. I'm not happy with what happened with CIG. But it is what it is.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

flyboi posted:

Storz & Bickel Crafty vaporizer.. handy if you aren't a frequent smoker as it's real efficient and just as nice as their Volcano. If you're someone who smokes mulitple times in a day it likely wouldn't be very good as the battery charge lasts like 5 sessions tops

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_eu/en/shop/crafty.html

Thanks. I'm using a corncob pipe at the moment. I take a few puffs a week at most. (Of legit tobacco products :agesilaus: )
Sounds perfect for my needs.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

hi derek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jason Sextro posted:

There's no need - the backers and CIG defenders who try to discount your work because they don't know who the sources are just want to harass them and out them to CIG to give them trouble. There's no altruistic interest there whatsoever.

Bingo. That's really all this is. Lazrin and others like him try to play the "anonymous sources are worthless" card but that's not what that means. As long as the publication knows who these people are, that covers it. The reader has no inherent right to know. If Lazrin knew who the anonymous sources were, he'd be raping them in alleys and gunning down their children in broad daylight, because that's what a cult does. He calls for "proof" in a bid to appear that he's open to reason, but what he really wants is a list of targets.

• Locked thread