Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
What's your minimum viable product?

Well, the lore, erm.. anything really.

Because something something Vanduul.

e: tax cat

Dirty leaver :smug:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

We've called out a few positive moves from CIG during those excessively rare events. G0RF in particular is generous and takes pains to point out when CIG makes a good PR move with the videos they share. Usually it's related to the people they choose to broadcast, the material they choose to cover, etc.

Not everything CIG does is wrong. Just the overwhelming majority of what they choose to show, which is nothing more than a side-effect of having your failed actress unqualified idiot wife as VP of marketing. If CIG wanted to shut down our source of amusement almost overnight, they could hire someone competent for that role. We'd suffer humor starvation pretty loving quickly (at least until the collapse). The fact that Chris Roberts can't or won't do that is central to the mishandling of the entire enterprise.

Imagine what he could have accomplished. Dont' forget that many of us, myself included, backed. I'm not happy with what happened with CIG. But it is what it is.

The mere fact that he claims to just want to see some positivity from us, when he originally came charging into the thread specifically to hurl feces at G0RF shows he's either really stupid or just trolling. G0RF is the only consistently positive one out of the seriousposters.

None of his rambling deserves any serious consideration. In conclusion: :gary:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lethality is in a constantly state of butthurt and I fear that he has shortened his life due to stress. stress caused by defending the honor of an idea of a video game

:D

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

Bingo. That's really all this is. Lazrin and others like him try to play the "anonymous sources are worthless" card but that's not what that means. As long as the publication knows who these people are, that covers it. The reader has no inherent right to know. If Lazrin knew who the anonymous sources were, he'd be raping them in alleys and gunning down their children in broad daylight, because that's what a cult does. He calls for "proof" in a bid to appear that he's open to reason, but what he really wants is a list of targets.

You mean the people that spend all day stalking, I mean "archiving", Derek want more targets to stalk and harass? I'm shocked.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

Bingo. That's really all this is. Lazrin and others like him try to play the "anonymous sources are worthless" card but that's not what that means. As long as the publication knows who these people are, that covers it. The reader has no inherent right to know. If Lazrin knew who the anonymous sources were, he'd be raping them in alleys and gunning down their children in broad daylight, because that's what a cult does. He calls for "proof" in a bid to appear that he's open to reason, but what he really wants is a list of targets.

Hell all legitimate news sources use anonymous sources when there is a risk to source and the rabid fan base that follows SC is such a risk, not to mention the risk to their careers.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

He calls for "proof" in a bid to appear that he's open to reason, but what he really wants is a list of targets.

And he'll fade to another fandom in another couple of years before eventually landing in jail for stealing panties or some poo poo.

Edit: ^^^ Yep, a 'source close to' is an unsanctioned leak, usually that will disavow. 'Anonymous source' is one who's identity is known, but protected because of retaliation. The retaliation is the key.

There's a darker side to someone coming up with that Stimpire poo poo, then publishing it where other people can see. it's a presumption of normalized deviance.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 12, 2016

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

It is I, the eccentric billionaire who bought 250k copies of Squadron 42 at 42 dollars piece
AMA

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Ok, so after a while of dealing with Cloud Imperium Games, I have finally received a refund of $3000 USD.

After the terms of service change, I contacted CIG and requested a full refund.
Here's a full transcript with personal identifying information removed.

Essentially, a full denial.
I did exactly what I said I would, and ended up recovering $900 dollars through Amazon payments.

On June 29th, I received three official responses, pretty much identical in spirit, though the one I received from the District Attorney of Los Angeles was signed by Ortwin personally.

Two days later, I received Paypal responses about my inquiry of a refund. I received the following response on all my claims:

Then, on July 11th, I was contacted by an LA County Investigator inquiring information about CIG and RSI.
We had about an hour long conversation, where I detailed everything about CIG and how I felt it was a scam (my opinion)
He told me to get as many people as I can to write complaints into them, so they can build a case.
Here: http://dcba.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dca
For clarity, I'M DEREKS SOURCE FOR THAT

Less than 24 hours later, I received the additional balance of what I was unable to recover.

I plan to record an upload a video to Youtube detailing my journey, but I promised to update the thread for you guys, so here you are.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Hav posted:

There's a darker side to someone coming up with that Stimpire poo poo, then publishing it where other people can see. it's a presumption of normalized deviance.

I thought the exact same thing - it's a relief to see someone else comment on it. It was a bit disconcerting to say the least, however funny.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

So if they're quoting a development time for the game at 4-5 years, I already have it?

what's the development time for one game that was two games that might have been three games, but is definitely just the one game, maybe?

Also grats on your win. I think they would have fought it had they a better position.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lazrin posted:

if you take an objective look at this thread, that's exactly what goons and your leader do.

everything positive is dismissed out of hand with a pre-fab retort.

As opposed to a staunch "US VS THEM" "BLACK AND WHITE" "POSITIVE NEGATIVE" stance you are assuming where we are negative and you are positive, insert a little subtlety into your viewpoint.

"Positive" can also be described with words such as "Unsubstantiated" "Lacking Content" "Contradictory" "Baseless" "Verbose" "Fluff" "Lies"

It's like you are a child and I'm having to explain the nuance of language and attitude or something.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hooper: You were at the Austin studio?

Smart: What happened?

Quint: UK studio slammed two late code changes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from a 24hr crunch session... just delivered 2.4. Persistent Shopping. One hundred men went back into the studio. Servers went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Sandi. Fifty-eighter. You know... you know that when you're in the studio, chief? You tell by lookin' for wrinkles from the head to the feet. Well, we didn't know... 'cause our patch mission had been so secret, no tweet had been sent, huh. They didn't even list the patch overdue for a month. Very first light, chief. The shark came cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like 'ol squares in battle like uh, you see on a calendar, like the Battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark goes to the nearest man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes she wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, she looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, she's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until she fires ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah... then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the air turns black with pubes and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' she'll come in and rip you to pieces. Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost ten men! I don't know how many bugs there were... maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, she averaged two an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Ben Lesnick from Santa Monica. Developer, Director of Ships. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up and down on the couch, just like a kinda top. Up ended him into a scooter. Well... he'd just bitten a Twinkie in half. At noon on the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a lawyer saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He was a sleazy lawyer, a lot sleazier than Mr. Hooper... anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later severance offers comes down and they start to pack us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin' for my turn. I'll never sign another NDA again. So, one hundred men went in the studio, fifty men come out, the shark took the rest, May the 29th 2016. Anyway, we delivered the patch.

I don't want to take away from Streetroller's important update, but :bravo:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Streetroller posted:

Ok, so after a while of dealing with Cloud Imperium Games...

Good for you man, gently caress those clowns

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
A hero emerges

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jason Sextro posted:

The mere fact that he claims to just want to see some positivity from us, when he originally came charging into the thread specifically to hurl feces at G0RF shows he's either really stupid or just trolling. G0RF is the only consistently positive one out of the seriousposters.

None of his rambling deserves any serious consideration. In conclusion: :gary:

i don't want to see positivity. i want to see objectivity.

but you've proven you can't do it. take a look at the last 10-20 posts i've made, and the responses.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

read that letter from ortwin

conclusion: slime, it's a scam.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Streetroller posted:

Ok, so after a while of dealing with Cloud Imperium Games, I have finally received a refund of $3000 USD.

I did exactly what I said I would, and ended up recovering $900 dollars through Amazon payments.

On June 29th, I received three official responses, pretty much identical in spirit, though the one I received from the District Attorney of Los Angeles was signed by Ortwin personally.

Two days later, I received Paypal responses about my inquiry of a refund. I received the following response on all my claims:

Then, on July 11th, I was contacted by an LA County Investigator inquiring information about CIG and RSI.
We had about an hour long conversation, where I detailed everything about CIG and how I felt it was a scam (my opinion)
He told me to get as many people as I can to write complaints into them, so they can build a case.

Less than 24 hours later, I received the additional balance of what I was unable to recover.

I plan to record an upload a video to Youtube detailing my journey, but I promised to update the thread for you guys, so here you are.

:boom:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't want to take away from Streetroller's important update, but :bravo:

Yeah, liked your MIB stuff. Good day today with everything going on in goonville.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

interesting choice, with career suicide by joining and posting in this forum

unfortunately all anonymous sources have to be summarily dismissed

You're great at this

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Lazrin posted:

but you've proven you can't do it. take a look at the last 10-20 posts i've made, and the responses.

you have no credibility and have nothing to contribute

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. Ok, whatever man.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

you mean the ones where you harp about us being slaves to Diphosphorus Strawberrypie like you're some kind of child?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

should get a form letter going for that complaint

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

I thought the exact same thing - it's a relief to see someone else comment on it. It was a bit disconcerting to say the least, however funny.

The fact that it remained up for so long (even after we started making light of it) is the most damning part, I'd say.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lazrin posted:

You might be mistaking the internet for something entirely different. You're certainly mistaking a section of a comedy forum for something close to 'objectivity'. I suspect that what you're looking for is close to the CiG forums, where you'll be a much smaller fish in a much, much larger pond.

But hey, welcome. It's been a while since we had a brave loan truthseeker, casting his/her light into the darkness cast by goons and Smart.

I mean, gently caress 'em.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lazrin posted:

:gary:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nation posted:

conclusion: slime, it's a scam.

I enjoyed the bit where Ortwin makes it clear that it's the end of the matter, and the AG says they'll contact Streetroller if it becomes a matter of public interest. I mean, there's going to be a point where _even after they release what they have_ there's going to be a revolt from inside the camp.

I bet they could get really irate if they wanted to.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Streetroller posted:

Awesome stuff

I'm glad you got a refund and stuck to your rights. I look forward to MoMa's spin on this, provided he doesn't just ignore it.

Atreiden fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 12, 2016

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Streetroller posted:

I'm glad you got your money back friend. This is what this thread lacks. Positivity

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ah yes, the famous "no takesies backsies" defense

just reading that letter should be enough for anyone to question the validity of this project

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 12, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ortwin is the lawyer who writes about WoW in his legal letters,.
What an amateur hour set up it really is from top to bottom

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

Co-Founder and General Counsel

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lazrin posted:

if you take an objective look at this thread, that's exactly what goons and your leader do.

everything positive is dismissed out of hand with a pre-fab retort.

The word of Darook Schmertz is holy to his people

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Good job son!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

no wonder derek seems so loving chill look at that defence they are using lmfao

gj ortwin really earning that pay, such a great defense they dare not use it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

Co-Founder and General Boo Hooer

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I like the segue from 'he gave us more money' to 'anyway, games take time'.

Did he effectively indicate a ponzi with the 'join our community every month'? I mean, that's rhetorical and the answer is 'no', but I love the fact that he's getting more rattled.

Edit: Death to Darook Schmertz and death to the demoness Allegra Geller.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nation posted:

no wonder derek seems so loving chill look at that defence they are using lmfao

gj ortwin really earning that pay, such a great defense they dare not use it.

IT IS NOT FAIR :qq:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

I like the segue from 'he gave us more money' to 'anyway, games take time'.

Did he effectively indicate a ponzi with the 'join our community every month'? I mean, that's rhetorical and the answer is 'no', but I love the fact that he's getting more rattled.

What he did do is say it is reasonable for the game to take upto 5 years to make, he said this as a lawyer for the game that started development 5 years ago, in a legal letter :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I love checking up on this thread.

Grats on the refund up above.

I also saw that the following is supposed to be quoted on every page.

Barn Folk posted:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/07/warner-bros-settles-ftc-charges-it-failed-adequately-disclose-it

So just to be clear MoMA, you are here defending this disasterpiece of your own free will and are in no way compensated for it?

How many CiG shills are in this thread now?

• Locked thread