Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Dongs was still alive, right? Should get a survivor win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amoeba102 posted:

Dongs was still alive, right? Should get a survivor win.

Well, technically he's been bitten. I guess he still lived to the final day phase.

Sorry Dongs. I'll amend that!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well he's winning for being bitten, what if Quid got bitten too, or did all zombies bite dongs?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amoeba102 posted:

Well he's winning for being bitten, what if Quid got bitten too, or did all zombies bite dongs?

He's winning because he retained his survivor wincon to the point in the game where zombies controlled the player base or nothing could prevent it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, okay. I just didn't understand what you meant with "Well, technically he's been bitten."

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Also I don't think the role was broken. Just needs more hard counters to it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Exponential recruiting is broken. Even if one got executed and another killed at night, you'd still have two more zombies the next day since the bite would happen despite the kill. The only chance town had was if they executed a zombie, choas killed a zombie and both zombies targeted the same player, and it wasn't chaoslord.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Or lynch zombie first day. Don't listen to haters AA they're just sad bc they didn't get into the cool kids (zombies) club

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
love hurts :(

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

Or lynch zombie first day. Don't listen to haters AA they're just sad bc they didn't get into the cool kids (zombies) club

the odds of doing that are pretty low

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm mostly angry that CLord killed me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

It was an experimental game, and a lot of dangerous roles were eliminated early.

The doctor was turned N1 (zombie killer)
The poisoner died early (can kill zombies)
Podima died early (could RB bites)
Arsonist died early (could have burned some zombies)
Neither the SK nor the vig ever killed a zombie and lived almost until endgame

It just worked out that the only zombie to die was the primal one, and he bit exactly the right person (I rolecopped Jimson and basically made him unlynchable, which didn't help either)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh... the hate is rightfully deserved. I should have thought about it closer. I argued with Pod, that the conversion wasn't immediate, that they had a full day-phase to come clean, but it would have been better if it was a full day and night, then on the subsequent day phase. So bit Night 1, Day 3 zombie. That would have been better.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

flerp posted:

love hurts :(

I'm sorry you had to die :( but I'm glad I got to spread your love.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It was an experimental game, and a lot of dangerous roles were eliminated early.

The doctor was turned N1 (zombie killer)
The poisoner died early (can kill zombies)
Podima died early (could RB bites)
Arsonist died early (could have burned some zombies)
Neither the SK nor the vig ever killed a zombie and lived almost until endgame

It just worked out that the only zombie to die was the primal one, and he bit exactly the right person (I rolecopped Jimson and basically made him unlynchable, which didn't help either)

That chain of events was perfect.

I sent a message to Jimson and about him and flerp being lovers after all, and he technically still was a doctor until the next night. It all lined up at that moment.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I'm sorry you had to die :( but I'm glad I got to spread your STDs.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Or just only let the most senior zombie bite be successful. Tell the zombies they have chance to turn other players to zombies and then they won't know if they are the current zombie prime or not.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
You successfully doctor flerp, killing him in the process because he was a zombie, but oh no! He's bitten you and now you are a zombie. I guess you two were lovers after all.

Starting night 2 you will lose your doctor role and become a zombie, your wincon and role are as follows:

thanks for the game though aa it was dumb but still great imho

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also don't tell them if they were successful or not in turning. just successful in performing the action.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

For future games of zombie tag.

I don't mind that zombies won. I am really just angry at Clord.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Amoeba102 posted:

Also don't tell them if they were successful or not in turning. just successful in performing the action.

That is how it worked, since I bit Jimson, the zombie who made me a zombie.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Amoeba102 posted:

For future games of zombie tag.

I don't mind that zombies won. I am really just angry at Clord.

I thought for sure he was a serial killer because how could you be anything but a watcher???

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Eh... the hate is rightfully deserved. I should have thought about it closer. I argued with Pod, that the conversion wasn't immediate, that they had a full day-phase to come clean, but it would have been better if it was a full day and night, then on the subsequent day phase. So bit Night 1, Day 3 zombie. That would have been better.

Also a back up cop and make it obvious in zombie flavor that you can be cured. That way only dbags don't bring it up

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amoeba102 posted:

I didn't give successes on them turning.

Jimmy only found out that the zombie was flerp, because he killed him.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not saying if you did or not, just hashing out how I would make the zombies work were I mod, after having seen how they work in this game.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also a back up cop and make it obvious in zombie flavor that you can be cured. That way only dbags don't bring it up

Back up doc sorry not cop haha

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I am def gonna do a zombie survival mafia now tho if u don't mind me stealing the role.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I am def gonna do a zombie survival mafia now tho if u don't mind me stealing the role.

Please and thank you

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

That could definitely be a lot of fun. I'd suggest reading through Pod's mod doc to see how he plays out best and worst case scenarios. Throw in a couple jittery 1-shot vigs and a self-aligned serial killer and you could have quite a horror show.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
wow the exponential recruiters and the deathproof survivor won who wouldve expected this result

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

wow the exponential recruiters and the deathproof survivor won who wouldve expected this result

Well with you and Jimson voting me I could have been lynched. Then chaos could have vigged a zombie and you could have lynched one the next day for a town victory.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i dont give a poo poo either way

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I promise there will be 0 inuyashas

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im not falling for that one again

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry again for being a dick in dead doc, AA! Beer aside I shouldn't have been that harsh.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That could definitely be a lot of fun. I'd suggest reading through Pod's mod doc to see how he plays out best and worst case scenarios. Throw in a couple jittery 1-shot vigs and a self-aligned serial killer and you could have quite a horror show.

Full credit to Kumba for the idea of best/worst case mathing!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

How am I the only one who lost :mad:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

How am I the only one who lost :mad:

:( well... in my heart you're a winner.

Town all lost. I mean you would have become undead :x