Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

VivaNova posted:

tbh something felt a little off about losing a game where honesty town did pretty drat well- they got 4/5 scum and only mislynched D1, D4, D7 +D8. I feel like tq and the vigs hurt us more than helped.

It was a real close game. Town did well, but MMT was a great scum player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah I couldnt find anything on her. It was a great job

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah that was some good scum posting. When I went back to reread her, I couldn't put my finger on what I found suspicious about her at all.

I supported you n0, Ssv.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

VivaNova posted:

I supported you n0, Ssv.

I'm sorry for attacking you for your good post. It was a good post, I thought you were just mafia dadding and trying to look town. :smith:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm sorry for attacking you for your good post. It was a good post, I thought you were just mafia dadding and trying to look town. :smith:

666 kill all dads

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why do people think Mafia-dading = scum?

I say this as someone that frequently wants to call out bad play and try to give tips / explain my reasoning. I know I've been accused of it before, as both town and scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean to me it feels like a way to act like youre putting in effort but youre not actually like advancing the game at all or giving your own insight

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's also a way to look like you're nice and helpful.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

I say this as someone that frequently wants to call out bad play and try to give tips / explain my reasoning. I know I've been accused of it before, as both town and scum.
I'm glad you said this, I found it really annoying bc I can't recall an actual example of it, tho accusations come up like every game. I think its an urban legend/people don't like to be told what to do.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
your not my dad!!! ##vote viva

Max
Nov 30, 2002

flerp posted:

i mean to me it feels like a way to act like youre putting in effort but youre not actually like advancing the game at all or giving your own insight

I guess most of the time, it's coming from a place of wanting people to not make bad mistakes or bad play, even when I'm scum and it's better for me if town is not playing well.

It's what led to the big blowup in Overwatch mafia, because I was specifically calling out people's complete refusal to make an argument instead of just doing the "lol, scum" thing. I got accused of being a mafia dad for it.

I'm not really sour about it anymore, it's just something that I've noticed. People say "it looks like you're providing content, ergo, scum." when more often then not it's coming from a town point of view.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

In my opinion, it's seen as a way to manipulate newer players into not wanting to vote for you because they like you (as opposed to because of your alignment). I do think the term gets thrown around a bit too much.

VivaNova posted:

And for realsies, I feel like MT raised the bar on scum play this game. If you look at the vast majority of her posts they are solid. Some seriously inspirational poo poo right here. I hope one day I can as successfully deceive a bunch of online strangers.

Also, thanks to everyone for their kind words on my scum game! I think I benefitted from having a really large streak of town games in a row, which gave me a good sense of how to portray town-Murmur. I also had a few lucky breaks - catching Adahn's breadcrumb, randomly using inherit on the correct night, and honestly the slapfight that I had with Jimson was mostly his idea (in that I didn't even know that was going to be the plan until he counterclaimed me, lol).

I was definitely not nearly as confident as the game might have made me seem - every time someone mentioned that they thought I was scum I felt like I was seconds away from losing the game. Thanks to my scumbros/scumsis for being a fun group to work with :)

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

flerp posted:

Yeah if that's actually the case, great, call that dude scum. But I made my thoughts known all game and was the postiest person D4.

Murmur Twin posted:

catching Adahn's breadcrumb
That counted for a lot with me. I found it so unlikely scum would deem creating a confirmed town worth!! Checkers and chess, as Jimmy said~

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
JIMSON you still didn't draw my av :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

JIMSON you still didn't draw my av :colbert:

Ill get u today when I am at work

• Locked thread