Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Considering some of the embarrassing performances from the Warriors this season we're quite nicely placed with a good run home too.

We're doing our usual trick of taking advantage of the Origin period, with help from a relatively soft schedule from this point on. If Johnson stays healthy and we can minimise McFadden's fuckups (such as picking Wright over Lolohea), we'll be a team that nobody wants to face in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Jono C posted:

We're doing our usual trick of taking advantage of the Origin period, with help from a relatively soft schedule from this point on. If Johnson stays healthy and we can minimise McFadden's fuckups (such as picking Wright over Lolohea), we'll be a team that nobody wants to face in September.

Its a shame RTS had a season ending injury, because I would have liked to see the impact his presence would have on the Warriors, especially into the finals. He's only 21/22 though so plenty more seasons to come from him.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
In the idiocy news, Dylan Walker apparently punched a door and broke his hand. He'll be out for a month: http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/07/11/statement_on_dylan_w.af_news.html :ughh:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Walker has gotta be up there for fuckwit of the year award

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Fanatic posted:

In the idiocy news, Dylan Walker apparently punched a door and broke his hand. He'll be out for a month: http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/07/11/statement_on_dylan_w.af_news.html :ughh:

Why couldn't that have happened before Origin 1?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

right???

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

In the year that Mitchell Pearce simulated sex with a dog while wearing trousers he had just pissed in you have to do more than punch a door to be fuckwit of the year

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Fanatic posted:

bowmore posted:

iajanus posted:

It would have been funnier if he had been selected for Origin 3 and then hosed his hand up. Still a solid 9/10 on the :lol: scale.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The Hayne plane could be landing in Parramatta after missing out on Rio.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Landing in the next few weeks I'd imagine.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fanatic posted:

did he miss his significant other or something?

Jono C posted:

the eels are saved!

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Eels unremarkable season continues.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/parramatta-eels/parramatta-eels-star-corey-norman-embroiled-in-sex-tape-controversy-20160711-gq3gk6.html

quote:

Parramatta five-eighth Corey Norman has been caught up in a fresh new controversy, allegedly caught in a sex tape in a room where others were taking illegal drugs.
Seven News reported Norman, as well as former Penrith hooker James Segeyaro, are involved in videos attempted to be sold to the media for $150,000.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

And I thought it couldn't get worse than Foran being suicidal after playing half a season for Parra.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Haha what a loving disaster of a club. They had premiership aspirations this year and thought they'd be long term contenders :lol:

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

Haha what a loving disaster of a club. They had premiership aspirations this year and thought they'd be long term contenders :lol:

They've been cursed since they burnt the grand stand down in the 80's

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Smorgasbord posted:

Even with all the dramas and the personnel changes, there are still only three teams who have lost fewer games than us. I'm pretty happy about the future to be honest.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

the eels are the gift that keeps on giving.

literal herpes

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Cowboys would have put 50 on us at full strength. I will take the win though

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Saul Goode posted:

Even with all the dramas and the personnel changes, there are still only three teams who have lost fewer games than us. I'm pretty happy about the future to be honest.

4 from 10 with a legal roster, and both halves on their way out of the club. Never ending backroom dramas and disaster after disaster off field. Hayne will suck up all of that cap space then you're back to the same one man team that missed the finals most years 2006ish-2014.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Smorgasbord posted:

4 from 10 with a legal roster, and both halves on their way out of the club. Never ending backroom dramas and disaster after disaster off field. Hayne will suck up all of that cap space then you're back to the same one man team that missed the finals most years 2006ish-2014.

We've only lost three games since the roster was cut - the first by 2 points to the Rabbits and the other two to the top two teams on the ladder. And once again, the roster was legal this year. The penalties were due to prior years' cap rorting. And even with a severely depleted roster and every reason to throw in the towel we have still been a better team than 3/4's of the competition. Foran needed to go get his head sorted out, it's better for everyone that he's left. Norman is staying by all accounts. Hayne is coming back, and we've still got one of the best coaches in the game. Sorry for being optimistic about my team, but for all the poo poo that has happened this year we could have been in a hell of a worse place by now.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Saul Goode posted:

And once again, the roster was legal this year.

Haven't we been over this already? Parramatta wasn't under the cap until Peats and Morgan got moved on.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

Haven't we been over this already? Parramatta wasn't under the cap until Peats and Morgan got moved on.

Yes, they were under the bloody cap THIS year. They were not under the cap in multiple previous years and were penalised for it this year.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Saul Goode posted:

Yes, they were under the bloody cap THIS year. They were not under the cap in multiple previous years and were penalised for it this year.

http://www.nrl.com/eels-now-salary-cap-compliant-nrl/tabid/10874/newsid/95838/default.aspx

Emphasis in the quote below is by me.

quote:

The NRL said on Thursday that, based on information currently available, the Parramatta Eels are now salary cap compliant for the remainder of the 2016 season.

The club may now submit, as part of its response to the Breach Notice, that it should be allowed to keep any points it wins in Friday night's game against South Sydney and for the balance of the season.

An investigation by the Integrity Unit made preliminary findings that the Parramatta Eels were $570,000 over the salary cap for 2016.

Parramatta has made the following changes to its roster to come under the cap:

• Anthony Watmough has been medically retired with a career-ending injury

• Nathan Peats has transferred to the Gold Coast Titans

• The club's salary cap position was also affected by Ryan Morgan's recent transfer to the Melbourne Storm

As a result, Salary Cap Auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown is satisfied that the Eels are now within the cap, based on the information available.

The 12 points accumulated while the club is alleged to have been in breach of the 2016 cap will remain on the competition ladder until a final determination on the breach notice is made.

Head of Integrity Nick Weeks said the club had required additional time to respond to the breach notice so a final determination is now likely in mid-June.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Look, you can prove anything with facts.

Let him have his delusion; we all come to this support group to shelter from the realities of our teams. My personal delusion is that at some point the Tigers will get back in the finals without clearing house. Such a pleasant daydream...

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
This is literally the same conversation we had a few weeks ago. If it's that important to you, sure!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You guys should stop attacking each other on small things like salary cap abuses and come together to support each other during the trying times of a dead rubber origin match

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

You know, I'm pretty glad it's a dead rubber match since I don't know how I'd go being completely sober watching the Maroons clinch yet another title.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Hey the Leeds Rhinos, still firmly in last place, beat the league leaders Hull the other day. I caught the game on replay and I must say I had forgotten what it was like to watch a RL game without wanting to drink myself to oblivion afterward.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
E: penalty, second effort

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

You know, I'm pretty glad it's a dead rubber match since I don't know how I'd go being completely sober watching the Maroons clinch yet another title.

You'd be full of awe at this team's amazing achievements and, if you've got any sense, full of gratitude to this great state for letting you live here.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Are NSW actually going to put Matt Moylan in at 5/8th? Do they never learn?!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Saul Goode posted:

I think the last 11 years can answer your question pretty succinctly.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

'grats to paul carter for getting sacked by the rabbitohs for missing training so he could go on a weekend bender. I like that commitment

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Saul Goode posted:

Jack Bird

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

http://www.zerotackle.com/daley-takes-biggest-gamble-of-career-22853/#4SMaxfDzuCexMHpX.97

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Welp, Corey Norman's been convicted.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...712-gq4g7p.html

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Welp, Norman will do well in SL when he gets out I guess

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I love my footy. Always entertaining.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Must admit this Parra shitshow has been rather entertaining.

Still needs more dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Origin is obviously the best time to learn a new position. Combine that with NSW's ability to gently caress up the selections at 6 and 7, we could be in for some fun tonight.

I'm looking forward to the punishment the NRL dishes out for this. An actual conviction is more than they had on several other fuckwits that have been sent packing.

• Locked thread