Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

That is strong advice

I'm pretty good at friends, I think it's the autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I would suggest using lots of sirens, bold capital letters, and possibly recording yourself yelling about how great it is to have a beard. Maybe grow a beard and braid some sirens into it.

and memes. Don't forget the memes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just asked him out for a playdate, hope he says yes

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

JakeP why is Heoroes of the Storm Bette than ever. I might try again if you can convince me of fun

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am making s lot of typos while fast phone posting and in just gonna roll with it I think

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I just asked him out for a playdate, hope he says yes

he might like you more if you come be an anime

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kash I still haven't forgiven u for being an avatar Indian giver.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll buy you an av

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Indian giver is a hella offensive term imgay

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

IMGAY IS A FAN OF WASHINGTON FOOTBALL CLUB I BET.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

JakeP why is Heoroes of the Storm Bette than ever. I might try again if you can convince me of fun

Guldan just released tuesday with a big patch that includes a pretty major changes to a lot of heroes, and increases the damage that minions do to buildings by 50%, as well as improving the catapult AI so that once it targets a building it will not retarget minions until the building is dead, and also catapults have increased range. It opens up some more options for players as opposed to just lane until objective and then contest the objective, in that split pushing is a much more viable strategy, and a pushed lane is a threat that teams have to answer to much more seriously now.

Also Auriel will be the next hero, and will be a support hero who gains healing power from doing damage, and also seems to have some pretty cool playmaking abilities Truly an exciting time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
More options and split pushing is really what hots needed. I may pick it up now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Guldan just released tuesday with a big patch that includes a pretty major changes to a lot of heroes, and increases the damage that minions do to buildings by 50%, as well as improving the catapult AI so that once it targets a building it will not retarget minions until the building is dead, and also catapults have increased range. It opens up some more options for players as opposed to just lane until objective and then contest the objective, in that split pushing is a much more viable strategy, and a pushed lane is a threat that teams have to answer to much more seriously now.

Also Auriel will be the next hero, and will be a support hero who gains healing power from doing damage, and also seems to have some pretty cool playmaking abilities Truly an exciting time

Is there a hero with a sword?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Is there a hero with a sword?

Tyrael, arthas

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

Tyrael, arthas

Good because I like swords.

Are these big swords or tiny swords?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

I took a class in college and the professor's favorite phrase was "Honest Injun"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Guldan is awesome. Favorite of the last 5 new champs.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am proctoring an exam right now. Every 30 seconds I'm answering another question.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Ya you should use the term renegger

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

I am proctoring an exam right now. Every 30 seconds I'm answering another question.

Tell them the time for questions is over, the time for competence is now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Use the dollar trick. It'll shut them up.

Take a dollar bill or of your pocket, look them square in the eyes, and start chewing it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

hey guys. Check out my pokemans I got walking to the store.

Never been a huge pokemon fan but I think this could get me actually walking around once in a while which is bound to be good for my health overall.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CapitalistPig posted:

hey guys. Check out my pokemans I got walking to the store.

Never been a huge pokemon fan but I think this could get me actually walking around once in a while which is bound to be good for my health overall.

CPig, number one join Kash's stupid game so we become confirmed town masons and number two the pokemans is pretty great

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i would be playing pokemon if it wasn't july, gently caress that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
6 more to be anime

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Podima posted:

Doubtful unless you grew up in SoCal, but that game both owned and was so arbitrarily unfair/weighted in favor of the AI. I don't think we actually finished a full game that many times, haha.

Tri-state area for me so no I guess not. But yeah so much dumb bullshit in that game I love it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A girl in the class today legitimately didn't know how to divide 9 in half.

Seriously.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Seriously.

Well yeah. A lot of people would use a chef's knife , you really should use a bread knife.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Seriously.

Half of 9 is just o it's not that hard just pick a half.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Seriously.

why didn't you give them an even number jeez?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Here is the question. We told them that before they answered the teacher related question, they should actually solve the math question.

Many of them could not do it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

Here is the question. We told them that before they answered the teacher related question, they should actually solve the math question.

Maybe we shouldn't do the free tuition thing after all, some people are just hopeless.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Asiina posted:

Becoming a math teacher has enlightened me how bad most all math teachers are at math, so this is completely unsurprising.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious. ARE the problems considered equally difficult? They can all be solved in 3 steps as proportions, although the second one is a lot easier than the rest to do on the fly.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Mr Tall is pretty drat short too

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
whats the common core approach to that question

if i had to notate my own thought process for the first q, youd take 2 paper clips = 9 buttons and derive 4 paper clips = 18 buttons, 5 paper clips = 18 + 9/2 buttons = 22.5 buttons which isnt the easiest piece of math (gently caress addition)
i think the next two have pretty trivial arithmetic, 4 paper clips = 6 buttons, 2 paper clips = 3 buttons, 6 paper clips = 9 buttons
4 paperclips = 7 buttons, 1 paperclip = 7/4 buttons, 5 paperclips 7 + 7 /4 = 8 3/4 buttons

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
18 + 9/2 is trickier artithmetic than 7 + 7/4 imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I did

pre:
2/9 = 5/x
2x = 45
x = 22.5

4/6 = 6/x
4x = 36
x = 9

4/7 = 5/x
4x = 35
x = 8.75
35/4 is more difficult to get on the fly than 45/2, which is even more difficult than 36/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

5/2 * 9 is just as easy as 5/4 * 7 but neither are as easy as the second.