Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

:stare: It's like a deer crossed with a boar.

Oh come on that's ridicul-

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Oh, man, it's actually a deer with fangs. I really genuinely thought it had, like, a melon rind sticking out of its mouth or something in the first picture. That's a weird combination of adorable and kinda scary.

e:
This guy looks like a villain from a Sonic the Hedgehog game.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Jul 14, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

May I also recommend this pudu fawn being licked

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

cash crab posted:

I wanna talk about this bear

Well I wanna talk about this bear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L879OnH0Xro

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Oh, man, it's actually a deer with fangs. I really genuinely thought it had, like, a melon rind sticking out of its mouth or something in the first picture. That's a weird combination of adorable and kinda scary.

e:

Has this been made into a Pokemon yet?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Has this been made into a Pokemon yet?

No but I found this fan made one that looks kinda real if that's any consolation

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh come on that's ridicul-

:catstare:

Welcome to my forest. Enter of your own free will, and leave some of the old bread you bring.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

FATTY FATTY FAT FAT FAT FAT RACCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Friends.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel like this sign is saying "Hey, steal my car."

neonnoodle posted:

Oh my stars and garters. :swoon:

I want one.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

cash crab posted:

Hes tipped his mobility scooter while trying to reach the honey in a beehive more than once.

Hes listening to Muttley Crue

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Have you ever taken a close look at how a ferret runs?

It's really something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey friends. I've been sick all week but I'm not able to take days off due to low staffing.
Can I get some rodents being adorable? Maybe being friends with comically larger animals?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Inzombiac posted:

Hey friends. I've been sick all week but I'm not able to take days off due to low staffing.
Can I get some rodents being adorable? Maybe being friends with comically larger animals?

Straight from Digirat in the vermintide thread.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

I'm pretty sure I have a million pics of my orange tabby in that pose

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strongly considering getting a rat and a fat birb of some sort after my current three cats pass away.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strongly considering getting a rat and a fat birb of some sort after my current three cats pass away.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a rat when my cats die. The only downside I see is that rats are so short lived. :(

I've also got 5 tarantulas (unsexed), and depending on what they end up being, they might outlive me. If they end up being ladies, I'm gonna have to write them into my will.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

My friend has a dog that could be this pupper's twin. Any more pics?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

neonnoodle posted:

All hail the RaccOrb!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Groggy nard posted:

Adorable Rats

Can I request more of these? A friend of mine is visiting her boyfriends' dad in the hospital and she adores rats, I'd like to show some to her.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Rolo posted:

My friend has a dog that could be this pupper's twin. Any more pics?
Thinks he is a cat, sleeps on back of sofa.

Walking through the park with old dog.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can I request more of these? A friend of mine is visiting her boyfriends' dad in the hospital and she adores rats, I'd like to show some to her.

Rats are great.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Karma Monkey posted:

I'm seriously thinking about getting a rat when my cats die. The only downside I see is that rats are so short lived. :(

I've also got 5 tarantulas (unsexed), and depending on what they end up being, they might outlive me. If they end up being ladies, I'm gonna have to write them into my will.

I've always been curious: What are the benefits to owning a spider? I'm terrified of them so I'll never own them, but I've always wondered, like can they be cool and crawl on you or whatever? Just wondering!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeees :3: Much obliged. In return:

Roos are very confused by snow in Australia.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

e:

He's cosplaying as Deeracula :drac:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Tiny-dude-who-traded-beds-with-big-dude is my favourite picture set. :kimchi:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

cash crab posted:

"Oh, this is your lawn? The gently caress you gonna do, huh?"

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/68stfmV.gifv

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

I've always been curious: What are the benefits to owning a spider? I'm terrified of them so I'll never own them, but I've always wondered, like can they be cool and crawl on you or whatever? Just wondering!

Tarantulas are super cool looking and pretty soft when you pet them the right way. Some of them are cool with crawling on you and being petted. As with any animal you need to pay attention to their body language and leave them be if they start showing signs of overstimulation or agitation. Tarantulas warn you by putting their first and second legs up. I was part of an insect petting zoo once with some Chilean Rose Hairs that mostly liked being able to crawl all over children, but when they started putting up their dukes it was time to give them a break

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the rats, friends. That helped a lot.

For those of you considering them as pets: Expect two years or less and you are going to lose them to tumors.
They are extremely social, loving and quite intelligent. A properly reared rat is as loyal as a dog.

A+ pets if you can handle the heartbreak.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

coronatae posted:

Tarantulas are super cool looking and pretty soft when you pet them the right way.

Don't pet them the wrong way because then they're covered in tiny needles.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

cat.jpg

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Look at this guy

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks for the rats, friends. That helped a lot.

For those of you considering them as pets: Expect two years or less and you are going to lose them to tumors.
They are extremely social, loving and quite intelligent. A properly reared rat is as loyal as a dog.

A+ pets if you can handle the heartbreak.

Yea, I used to breed and raise rats. I loved them all dearly, and they were the best pets i have ever had. But I had to stop as the short lifespan eventually got to me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's no way this is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's hotly debated whether tarantulas should be handled or not, and even among those that are pro-handling, they generally stick to handling New World species that have less serious venom than the Old World species. Some species are pretty mellow and others are quite skittish/defensive, and some are crazy aggressive. (Nickname for the Orange Baboon Tarantula is Orange Bitey Thing.) Whether the venom is potent or not, a bite can still be a serious injury due to the size of their fangs. And the urticating hairs can be very irritating and definitely not something you want to get in your eyes or inhaled. Some people have little skin reaction to them, some people get very rashy.

Mostly they're just super awesome to look at. They all have different little behaviors and even within a species, they have different "personalities." You can't really equate them with other types of pets. They need next to no care, but are incredibly fragile in some ways. (Molting time is scary time.) They are in more danger when being handled than you are. Handling is all for the human. The tarantulas don't get anything out of it. They don't bond with you. They don't purr or coo. At best, you're just a surface to walk on, at worst you are a giant threat that stresses them the gently caress out.

I just think they look super cool and I love watching them, especially when they're feeding or renovating their homes. I like that they're easy and low-maintenance as far as care, and exceptionally long-lived. They're super cute to me, but most people don't find spiders "cute," so I've refrained from posting pics.

If you really want to check out loads of great tarantula info and pics and other inverts and crawlies, check out arachnoboards.com. If nothing else, it's entertaining to see people having flame wars about stuff exactly like they do here, but about spiders. And as with any type of pet, there's also a bazillion youtube videos, of course.

Ok, here is a jumping spider. Everyone loves jumping spiders, right? :3: