Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx67UQUwdas

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

These are awesome. :kimchi: There's a ton of compilations on yt, including best of the year ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9n65j2iIwE

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Karma Monkey posted:

I just think they look super cool and I love watching them, especially when they're feeding or renovating their homes. I like that they're easy and low-maintenance as far as care, and exceptionally long-lived. They're super cute to me, but most people don't find spiders "cute," so I've refrained from posting pics.
i for one would love to see pictures of your adorable tarantulas, which i assume are fat and fluffy :3:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I'm always amazed that people can hold birds like this without spooking themselves or the bird.

These are good dogs, and they deserve better than to be subjected to living with cats.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I did a commercial with my dog and a cat a little while ago (due out August sometime?). Here's a photo of them chilling, being a very good cat/dog, respectively. Getting two animals to hit their marks on cue is no easy feat. Good monsters.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Gazaar posted:

Look at this guy

That is one stoned-rear end cat. :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a life less posted:

I did a commercial with my dog and a cat a little while ago (due out August sometime?). Here's a photo of them chilling, being a very good cat/dog, respectively. Getting two animals to hit their marks on cue is no easy feat. Good monsters.

Your dog is very pretty and photogenic :swoon:.

The cat looks surprised to hear they're gonna be in a TV commercial.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

vaguely posted:

i for one would love to see pictures of your adorable tarantulas, which i assume are fat and fluffy :3:

I'm at work so I can't do it right now, but I will when I get home. They're still slings, so they're not super fluffy, but they are fat as hell. I feed them all they'll take right now so they can get up to "safe size" as quickly as possible. I've got a couple that are eating like crazy and growing like crazy, a couple that are a bit slower, and one that doesn't seem to want to ever grow up. He just wants to dig a buncha tunnels like an ant and dump dirt in his water dish. :mad:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Karma Monkey posted:

He just wants to dig a buncha tunnels like an ant and dump dirt in his water dish. :mad:

you do you, little spider
live your best life
:kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Karma Monkey posted:

These are awesome. :kimchi: There's a ton of compilations on yt, including best of the year ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9n65j2iIwE

IMO that IKEA PÖANG chair in the second clip is the best spot in the house. Also I thought the first one was a horse.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Someone is going to post pics of spiders? I'm one of those people who completely freak out at the sight of spiders, so this is my cute to stop reaing this thread. Thanks for the warning, bye-bye cute thread!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks for the rats, friends. That helped a lot.

For those of you considering them as pets: Expect two years or less and you are going to lose them to tumors.
They are extremely social, loving and quite intelligent. A properly reared rat is as loyal as a dog.

A+ pets if you can handle the heartbreak.

Aww, that's a shame, I didn't know they had such short lifespans. :( They always look so pettable and sweet, they deserve to live longer. Still kinda want one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The way I cope with beloved pets dying is by considering that, instead of the animal being dead in your lifetime, you were alive for its entire lifetime. So if your pet rat dies and you're bummed about it, try thinking about it from the perspective that you were its best buddy for its whole life, and that might make you feel better.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Can't wait for genetical engineering to create cat-sized jumping spiders. They'll probably proceed to eat us all, but that's fine. I can still snuggle with one as it's devouring me.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

a life less posted:

In my head I see you and the cat wrangler standing next to each other just outside the shot, both waving treats frantically. It's those comically long strings of sausages, isn't it?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yess, Khajit has many wares for you, if you have coin.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

You punks get outa my effin yard! :arghfist::corsair:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

CJacobs posted:

The way I cope with beloved pets dying is by considering that, instead of the animal being dead in your lifetime, you were alive for its entire lifetime. So if your pet rat dies and you're bummed about it, try thinking about it from the perspective that you were its best buddy for its whole life, and that might make you feel better.

Jesus, this makes me feel so much better about dealing with my 17-year-old cat's future. She's doing great now, but I'm starting to be concerned.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Spiders! Ok, I did it as an imgur album so folks could click it to see or avoid it, cuz I totally get not wanting a big ol face full of spider closeups if it's not your thing.

Keep in mind these guys are only about 1"-1.25" in leg span except for Piggy who's nearly 2". Kelson is the runt at barely .75". They also tend to look a little shiny right after a molt so they bounce light a bit. And a couple are really tough to photograph because they're always walking around. A few seem to stop to pose though. :3:
I need to take new pics because these are a month old and everyone has molted again.

http://imgur.com/a/V7vIK

Piggy - Lasiodora parahybana (Brazilian salmon pink)

Lola - Brachypelma vagans (Mexican red rump)

Kelson - Aphonopelma hentzi (Texas brown)

Jordan - Brachypelma albopilosum (Honduran curlyhair)

Ziggy - Grammostola pulchripes (Chaco golden knee)

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

oh gosh they're all so beautiful :swoon: I think Lola is my fave, she's so round :3:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

vaguely posted:

oh gosh they're all so beautiful :swoon: I think Lola is my fave, she's so round :3:
They're all ludicrously fat now, gonna molt soon I think. Appearance wise, Jordan is my fave right now because of his silly out of control hair. :kimchi:

Lola is a lot of fun because she was very skittish at first, but now she's figured out that the lid coming off means meal time and she rushes out and poises like an outfielder waiting to catch a pop fly. I'm not sure the roach even hits the ground before she's on it.

Piggy (aptly named) wants to eat constantly and will come out when she feels the vibes of the other spiders' lids coming off.

Ziggy is a shy eater. She'll grab the roach and take it to her lair to feed in privacy.

Jordan waits until the lid is back on and his tub is back in the corner again before he'll slowly come out and grab the roach.

And Kelson used to be a super aggressive pouncer, but now he's on this ant farm kick and I never see him eat. I just check in the next day and see the scraps. :zombie:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Spiders used to scare me but now I really do think they're fascinating animals but I'd be to afraid of loving up and getting bitten to take care of a tarantula. Thankfully we have all kinds of cool species wild here for me to observe, including cute little jumping spiders that show up and wave at you then jump away to go bring joy to someone else's life.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
https://youtu.be/wvfW9P1SE8o

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

SpacePig posted:

I'm always amazed that people can hold birds like this without spooking themselves or the bird.

Step 1: be a disney princess

there is no step 2

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I want to go for a walk with the big turtle

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

This video is awesome if only because it has the same music as Sushi Cat.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to keep jumping or peacock spiders as pets because drat they're cute

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/IOyGbe0.mp4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

SpacePig posted:

Oh, man, it's actually a deer with fangs. I really genuinely thought it had, like, a melon rind sticking out of its mouth or something in the first picture. That's a weird combination of adorable and kinda scary.

e:
This guy looks like a villain from a Sonic the Hedgehog game.

... It's Vlad the Impala.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There's a couple of other deer that have fangs, including:

Chinese water deer:

and muntjac!

They all look like they're smiling awkwardly for high school photos imo.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

"I am so drat confused right now."

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mmf0KAHWlnk

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Tendai posted:

Is it possible to keep jumping or peacock spiders as pets because drat they're cute

people do keep jumping spiders as pets, there are a few guides if you google 'jumping spider pet' or 'jumping spider care'
usually you'd have to go out and catch one since they're not really sold anywhere so what species you can get depends on what's native to your area - unless you live in northern Australia you're not gonna be keeping a peacock but you probably have some other cute and pretty species you can find :)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Le parkcat

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

A Trace-purr perhaps?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm downtown on my break at work and there's an old couple walking up the other sidewalk holding hands. So cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maybe this has been posted, but i don't care because i love it.