Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teen witch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e6gLht6OQ

It is as bad, if not even worse, than the tangent let on. This is a On-Screen worthy "film".

Cabin's back :woop: (is it for good or for a guest spot?)
I saw that trailer before another movie in theaters sometime within the last couple months (I forget which one), but I thought it was a fake trailer. It doesn't even look like a real movie. My mouth was hanging open the entire time I was watching it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

teen witch posted:

Well he's dead, so they're probably just doing a séance next week. Bringing a medium in every week seems like an expensive thing for a bad movie podcast.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I legit thought Dinesh D'Souza was in jail.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

TetsuoTW posted:

Naw, he was only sentenced to like 90 days.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TetsuoTW posted:

Those guys don't do real time.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

teen witch posted:

It is as bad, if not even worse, than the tangent let on. This is a On-Screen worthy "film".
This is unbelievable. If you want to have a bad time, look at the comments on that video.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Those guys don't do real time.
A man can dream.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I saw that trailer before another movie in theaters sometime within the last couple months (I forget which one), but I thought it was a fake trailer. It doesn't even look like a real movie. My mouth was hanging open the entire time I was watching it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It's gotta be a pretty sweet gig ctrl-fing the same script every four years because your audience is too dumb to remember that none of the world-ending prophecies you made for the last election ever actually happened.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Illinois Smith posted:

Counterpoint: No it isn't.

Counter-Counterpoint: Why you eyein' my lemon drink?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Illinois Smith posted:

Well he's dead, so they're probably just doing a séance next week. Bringing a medium in every week seems like an expensive thing for a bad movie podcast.

They're gonna bust his ghost during a Ghostbusters On-Screen.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

teen witch posted:

Wait, these things are movie, movies? I assumed they were ultra right-wing documentaries. I remember when the Obama one came out and my job had a huge display with all the copies, so that should tell you all you need to know about where I work.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Best WHM impersonation of someone repeatedly saying "goddamnit!": Nick Nolte or Wilford Brimley?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sean10mm posted:

Best WHM impersonation of someone repeatedly saying "goddamnit!": Nick Nolte or Wilford Brimley?

Nolte.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

No contest.

When they start yelling goddammit one of them just goes bright red in the face and almost gives himself a heart attack, the other bites into an goddamn electrical cable and eats all of San Francisco's power, oh godammit...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm glad we're getting more Eric "death dream" fan theories again. It's been too long since the last one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sean10mm posted:

Gallagher.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Wait, these things are movie, movies? I assumed they were ultra right-wing documentaries.
It's a tough call. They're clearly supposed to be documentaries for a particular brand of bigoted fuckwit, but they're also clearly entirely fiction.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

It's a tough call. They're clearly supposed to be documentaries for a particular brand of bigoted fuckwit, but they're also clearly entirely fiction.

The trailer feels like the right-wing equivalent of Neil Breen movies.

e: minus the wooden acting and poor cuts.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

precision posted:

Gallagher.

I can do impressions, Marc, you son of a bitch.

Now this watermelon symbolizes Wilford Brimley hunting alligators in the bayou and this sledgehammer symbolizes Nick Nolte calling President Obama a space alien...

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I read that Dreamcatcher is on Netflix... I look forward to the 2 hour punishment I'm inflicting on my husband and I tonight. I've already listened to the episode but he has no idea what he's in for.

Apologies if this has been discussed before but is there a list somewhere of which WHM covered movies are on Netflix or YouTube?

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

TetsuoTW posted:

There's a sort of subgenre of documentaries were most if not all of the runtime is an actual film with actors portraying "real events" there called docu-dramas. There's a real fine line between them and pure fiction.

Reds was a pioneer of it, about two thirds was a standard film about American Communist John Reed, which was occasionally broken up with brief interviews with people who knew him and were still alive.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

teen witch posted:

This might be heresy but I like it better when it is just Jupin, Stephen, and Eric. Having the fourth person makes everything feel crowded, and the riffs don't work as well.

But I know these guys love themselves some Cabin (RIPD)

Also, quote of the episode for me was "I wish I could sklide like Bunky"

Ishamael fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 14, 2016

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ishamael posted:

This might be heresy but I like it better when it is just Jupin, Stephen, and Eric. Having the fourth person makes everything feel crowded, and the riffs don't work as well.

I imagine they'll go back to cycling through but yeah I've come to love the ASE connection.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
star trek 5 should be fun, we had a good amount of picard impressions, can't wait for the more classless kirk.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Baka-nin posted:

There's a sort of subgenre of documentaries were most if not all of the runtime is an actual film with actors portraying "real events" there called docu-dramas. There's a real fine line between them and pure fiction.

Reds was a pioneer of it, about two thirds was a standard film about American Communist John Reed, which was occasionally broken up with brief interviews with people who knew him and were still alive.
Yeah but I wouldn't feel comfortable attributing even that level of credibility to anything from the broken brain of Dinesh D'Souza. He doesn't make films, he makes paranoid delusions.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ishamael posted:

If there's anything I'd want Cabin back for, it's Star Trek 5.

It's an undoubtedly bad movie but there's enough ideas in play that just don't end up working that it deserves serious criticism as well as general clowning on it.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Woop woop bought my tickets to see WHM in LA! Maybe 2016 isn't such a bad year after all. :smith:

I watched Tuff Turf on Netflix (HUGE recommend, it's as fun as they say it is and Jack Mack and the Heart Attacks is the funnest of all).

My friend made me watch Buried Alive on YouTube and it made me way more furious than I expected. I don't think I've ever seen a revenge movie where I so sympathized with the antagonist (the wife, her boyfriend was awful) and totally despised the protagonists.

Gotta hunt down Suburban Commando soon.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Crocobile posted:

Woop woop bought my tickets to see WHM in LA! Maybe 2016 isn't such a bad year after all. :smith:

I watched Tuff Turf on Netflix (HUGE recommend, it's as fun as they say it is and Jack Mack and the Heart Attacks is the funnest of all).

My friend made me watch Buried Alive on YouTube and it made me way more furious than I expected. I don't think I've ever seen a revenge movie where I so sympathized with the antagonist (the wife, her boyfriend was awful) and totally despised the protagonists.

Gotta hunt down Suburban Commando soon.

I had a VHS with Suburban Commando and Mr Nanny filmed off TV. I feel like I watched it a thousand times.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
All those 90s Hogan movies have aged hilariously poorly. Like, post-They Live Roddy Piper made lovely DTV stuff throughout the 90s but it's indistinguishable from anything else you ever browsed past at the video store. Hogan's stuff is on a whole other plane of weirdness though, especially his early-90s stuff that's aimed at kids.

It doesn't help that he's lovely enough as an actor that sometimes, when he actually has to talk someone, the director just gives up and they show the whole scene from Hogan's POV (with the other actor in the frame) and Hogan's grunted lines coming in from offscreen. I definitely remember stuff like this in No Holds Barred at least.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 14, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Gremlins 2 is a piece of art.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

He has a cameo in that. I'm talking about his oeuvre of starring roles.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aS28IzExao

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

that clip have gotten better over time, no clue how or why, it seem like it started last year...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
mods change my name to grass wolf
also my dvd collection still has relevance when I;m hanging out because who wants to spend four hours trying to torrent a good copy of In My Skin or I Stand Alone
those shits were hard to get man. back when we all thought DVDs would last forever. At least I'll be able to use them as fuel when the scrunts come.
also MAJOR no comment on finding Cinderella Man or Sideways interesting or revelatory in any way

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Guy Mann posted:

Gramlins 2 is a piece of art.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

teen witch posted:

I've never seen this before and :aaa: I want to see someone take this apart piece by piece.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Shirec posted:

I've never seen this before and :aaa: I want to see someone take this apart piece by piece.
The Hilary one, at least what's in the trailer, just looks like the actual history of the Democratic Party, conveniently skipping over the process by which the parties flipped sides re: black people. There are probably plenty of detailed takedowns around for D'Souza's other flights of paranoid fantasy, like Obama's America or America: Imagine A World Without Her or If Only I Could Shuck Off This Brown Skin Then Senpai (R) Would Notice Me

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I'm going to watch Star Trek V: The Final Frontier so I can better appreciate the upcoming episode

:suicide:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8Xb5VJulQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yaws posted:

I'm going to watch Star Trek V: The Final Frontier so I can better appreciate the upcoming episode

:suicide:

I just watched it a month or two ago, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation. I mean, it's not directed very well and has some other issues, but as a TOS episode, it'd be perfect average.