Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dr. Baker posted:

You cannot show me the PWG ticket prices and convince me wrestlers aren't receiving their normal rate.
It's never smart to be certain of such things in a business as carny as this one. That PWG has a collective-y vibe to it would only make me more incredulous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's never smart to be certain of such things in a business as carny as this one. That PWG has a collective-y vibe to it would only make me more incredulous

I have no clue what point you're trying to make.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

At PWG you might get some delicious pizza

At AAW you might get some gloppy lasagna

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
It's not like AAW and PWG are in competition with one another so what does it matter.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's the psp way. We must make sure everyone knows that a thing was always bad.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. Baker posted:

It's not like AAW and PWG are in competition with one another so what does it matter.

The thing near me is better than the thing near you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just like riling up grozz

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Deathlove posted:

The thing near me is better than the thing near you.

let me tell you about a little thing called Oklamania

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

I have no clue what point you're trying to make.

I think the point he's trying to make is that PWG's backstage might use their cult favorite status to lowball their talent in exchange for a sort of PWG bump of internet recognition that might help them get booked more easily elsewhere. I would say the fact that PWG is able to get such a wide variety of world-class workers is solid evidence that they pay reasonable rates, but then again people still work for TNA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA still pays certain people on time. If you're big enough to be one of those certain people, or hosed enough you don't have much more opportunities, they'll go there.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

I Before E posted:

I think the point he's trying to make is that PWG's backstage might use their cult favorite status to lowball their talent in exchange for a sort of PWG bump of internet recognition that might help them get booked more easily elsewhere. I would say the fact that PWG is able to get such a wide variety of world-class workers is solid evidence that they pay reasonable rates, but then again people still work for TNA.

Okay but even if that were true you could only lowball a guy so many times, right? Ricochet, Ospreay, O'Reilly, Hero and Liger aren't working BOLA for an internet rub.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Okay but even if that were true you could only lowball a guy so many times, right? Ricochet, Ospreay, O'Reilly, Hero and Liger aren't working BOLA for an internet rub.

I agree, it's a weak argument.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

PWG also has a deal with Highspots which probably cuts back on production costs for DVD's, where they make pretty solid money. Plus they probably get a small cut from the Highspots channel.

Also, I suspect Hero or Cobb is gonna win the whole shebangabang.

Hero would make sense if he hadn't already lost to Sabre at Mystery Vortex 3 last year. Granted, Zack didn't have the title back then, but I don't think they're going to do another title change so soon and having Hero win and then lose the title shot immediately doesn't really help anybody. Sure it's kind of crazy that a guy who's been in PWG for as long as Hero has yet to win BOLA, but the goal of the tournament should be to elevate someone and he doesn't need it. Remember that Roddy hasn't won BOLA either, and he hadn't been champion despite being in the company for like ten years until ROH forced their hand and they needed to get the belt off O'Reilly. Cobb... maybe if he beats Trevor Lee in two weeks, but I have trouble seeing a guy that new to the company getting the BOLA win rub. Even Speedball had been on four shows before making the finals last year, even though his first win came the show before.

The way I was looking at it is that there's a pretty small cross-section of people who are A) not brand new to PWG or close enough to it that they haven't won a match yet, B) haven't already won the tournament in the past (since there's never been a two-time winner yet), or C) haven't already lost to Sabre in PWG, because I really don't think the person who wins the tournament will go on to win the title (at least not with the shot they get from winning BOLA). Cobb will be one if he wins against Trevor, but otherwise the list is Tommy End, Sami Callihan, Mark Andrews, Matt Sydal, Will Ospreay, and Liger. Tommy's heavily rumored to be signed by WWE and BOLA weekend will probably be his last shows with the company, and I seriously doubt they'll fly Liger back in for a title match outside of the context of BOLA. Of the remaining four, I think Ospreay makes the most sense as he made it to the semifinals last year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hero would make sense if he hadn't already lost to Sabre at Mystery Vortex 3 last year. Granted, Zack didn't have the title back then, but I don't think they're going to do another title change so soon and having Hero win and then lose the title shot immediately doesn't really help anybody. Sure it's kind of crazy that a guy who's been in PWG for as long as Hero has yet to win BOLA, but the goal of the tournament should be to elevate someone and he doesn't need it. Remember that Roddy hasn't won BOLA either, and he hadn't been champion despite being in the company for like ten years until ROH forced their hand and they needed to get the belt off O'Reilly. Cobb... maybe if he beats Trevor Lee in two weeks, but I have trouble seeing a guy that new to the company getting the BOLA win rub. Even Speedball had been on four shows before making the finals last year, even though his first win came the show before.

The way I was looking at it is that there's a pretty small cross-section of people who are A) not brand new to PWG or close enough to it that they haven't won a match yet, B) haven't already won the tournament in the past (since there's never been a two-time winner yet), or C) haven't already lost to Sabre in PWG, because I really don't think the person who wins the tournament will go on to win the title (at least not with the shot they get from winning BOLA). Cobb will be one if he wins against Trevor, but otherwise the list is Tommy End, Sami Callihan, Mark Andrews, Matt Sydal, Will Ospreay, and Liger. Tommy's heavily rumored to be signed by WWE and BOLA weekend will probably be his last shows with the company, and I seriously doubt they'll fly Liger back in for a title match outside of the context of BOLA. Of the remaining four, I think Ospreay makes the most sense as he made it to the semifinals last year.

I think there's a need to get the belt off Sabre if he's signed with WWE, and if he has, Hero's a stable guy the crowd loves whom we know can have a great match with Sabre. Plus he's never won BOLA, and they've been wrestling each other everywhere with Hero sometimes winning. I think my issue with Ospreay winning is his body's in rough shape and he has his NJPW commitments, plus his time in the UK.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 16, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

let me tell you about a little thing called Oklamania

I'd really rather you didn't.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I think there's a need to get the belt off Sabre if he's signed with WWE, and if he has, Hero's a stable guy the crowd loves whom we know can have a great match with Sabre. Plus he's never won BOLA, and they've been wrestling each other everywhere with Hero sometimes winning. I think my issue with Ospreay winning is his body's in rough shape and he has his NJPW commitments, plus his time in the UK.

The title shot means they could slot Ospreay right into the main event whenever he's available again, and we haven't heard anything concrete about Sabre signing the way stuff has been reported about guys like Ibushi yet. He's pretty in demand in both the UK and stateside right now, and WWE is never going to be the best environment for him to succeed on several levels even if HHH clearly likes him. Obviously a lot can change between now and September, if we know for sure Zack is signing then the entire calculus changes but I'm currently operating under the assumption that he'll be holding the PWG title for a while.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
C'mon Msrty Scurll to win the whole thing...

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bring Vader to pwg.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bring Vader to DDT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont book vader

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont book vader

this is probably the smartest decision

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont book vader

some indie promoter said he came in, demanded his fee in cash on arrival, did 8 minutes without taking a bump, and took off after his match

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Why do people not like Timothy Thatcher

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't like Thatcher? I'll head but them. Thatcher rules.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Some people dont like to watch grappling or will couch that with "he sure is doing a great job grappling to complete silence" and well i disagree with those people and think they are wrong

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont book vader

hes fat

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Luigi Thirty posted:

some indie promoter said he came in, demanded his fee in cash on arrival, did 8 minutes without taking a bump, and took off after his match

One of the AIW podcasts go into detail on how much of a pain in the rear end he was.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's the surname.

:scotland:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

when Vader came to the local dirt indie he demanded more money, did all of the above, and raised the price of a picture with the mask from the advertised $0 to $20

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Thatcher vs Roddy is my most anticipated match at PWG 13.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NickRoweFillea posted:

Idk who these people are but they sound like dumb idiots

The_Rob posted:

Thatcher vs Roddy is my most anticipated match at PWG 13.

Also this

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mob posted:

when Vader came to the local dirt indie he demanded more money, did all of the above, and raised the price of a picture with the mask from the advertised $0 to $20

Ain't he great?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

chuck taylor is dead long live dustin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats go out to Dustin (Chuck Taylor) and Drew Galloway, your new Evolve tag champs

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 17, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats go out to Dustin, your new Evolve tag champs

With whom? Dan Barry or Beretta?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Go Dust Go!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

With whom? Dan Barry or Beretta?

chuck taylor is mad about the success of his peers and began working for tna so that means he turned heel and joined drew galloway's team with ec3, and chris hero

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

chuck taylor is mad about the success of his peers and began working for tna so that means he turned heel and joined drew galloway's team with ec3, and chris hero

Awesome. Chuck rules.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats go out to Dustin (Chuck Taylor) and Drew Galloway, your new Evolve tag champs

can we stop giving TNA talent indy belts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tna is good now