Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be president
Ron Paul
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Abortion is murder. The end. The notion of killing your unborn child, for any reason, doesn’t sit well with us. Because butchering babies. Not a good thing. Yet the leftists who promote the “pro-choice” argument have wrapped themselves in a cocoon of lies. The lies being abortion is some how a nifty choice which promotes autonomy, bravery, independence, ra-ra I am woman. No. Abortion promotes death. Spare me the Planned Parenthood talking points. A baby is not your body, it’s an independent body. Children conceived via rape are still children. No, I don’t think you should be legally allowed to kill your unborn child if it has a birth defect. Because yep, still a human person. Lastly, no, abortion is never needed to “save a woman’s life.” That’s bovine feces.

You people who support abortion are sick, many of you are evil, and many of you are completely brainwashed to the pro-abortion movement. Also, no, we shouldn’t keep abortion legal because people will get abortions anyway and don’t we at least want it to be safe. Imagine that argument applied to rape. Rape is illegal. Should we make it legal so rapists could at least rape in a sterile environment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Why is there a gun in a meme talking about swords? #bibleliteralism

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Igiari posted:

Why is there a gun in a meme talking about swords? #bibleliteralism

maybe its like that modern day remake of romeo and juliet they made in the 90's where the swords were guns lol did your high school english teacher ever show that??

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

This is neither a literal interpretation of the words as written sans context nor the point of the quote in the proper context. Impressive.

e: also even changing sword to gun it still only says for people to buy one if they don't have one. Not a hundred and then play Barbies with them.

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 21, 2016

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tricky D posted:

I wonder what the most conservative solution is for having roughly 30 million unemployable service workers due to automation.

labor should control all that it produces

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

This is the good poo poo right here

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Shaocaholica posted:

The delicious irony is that the software that will drive these robots will be developed right there in SF.

Well, and the fact it's coming with or without a minimum wage. The finance industry paved the way decades ago with ATMs and now a lot of branches are becoming fully automated screens with maybe one or two people staffing a location instead of dozens working shifts.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Philthy posted:

Well, and the fact it's coming with or without a minimum wage. The finance industry paved the way decades ago with ATMs and now a lot of branches are becoming fully automated screens with maybe one or two people staffing a location instead of dozens working shifts.

maybe soon the entire finance industry will be unemployed

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Top City Homo posted:

maybe soon the entire finance industry will be unemployed

:homebrew:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I am independent fetus, hear me roar!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Red Minjo posted:

This is neither a literal interpretation of the words as written sans context nor the point of the quote in the proper context. Impressive.

e: also even changing sword to gun it still only says for people to buy one if they don't have one. Not a hundred and then play Barbies with them.

I looked it up because I was curious what the context was like for that, and it's during the last supper and like right afterwards the apostles go "Hey we've got two swords here between the whole lot of us" and Jesus is all "Yeah that's plenty"

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Aralan posted:

I looked it up because I was curious what the context was like for that, and it's during the last supper and like right afterwards the apostles go "Hey we've got two swords here between the whole lot of us" and Jesus is all "Yeah that's plenty"

It's literally Jesus at the Last Supper talking about fulfilling a prophecy with his death. Taking that line out of context implies that you or your audience haven't actually read the bible.

Luke 22:36-38 posted:

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”
38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

labor should control all that it produces

also my pro-choice argument

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ivor Biggun posted:

It's literally Jesus at the Last Supper talking about fulfilling a prophecy with his death. Taking that line out of context implies that you or your audience haven't actually read the bible.

So I just need 2 guns? I think that's manageable

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Professor Shark posted:

So I just need 2 guns? I think that's manageable

It's possible something got lost in the translation, so just to be safe we should assume Jesus was saying we all need at least two guns, probably more is better

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Ivor Biggun posted:

The best part was when Jesus only wanted it so that he would be arrested. He stopped his men from further attacking those who came to take Jesus. He even healed the one that one of his followers attacked.

Luke 'The oval office Crusher' 22 posted:

When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword? And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear. And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i like the one where Jesus was all chill out my apostle bros now hit this fatty with me

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

If I weren't a conservative staying in character at all times I would point out that he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

But, like I said above, Hillary Clinton has a clear path to victory and represents my Republican values.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6RVk2CPvPs

Top City Homo fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 22, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
God drat it I want to use my gun and prove to myself and society at large that I AM A MAN and I DESERVE SOME GOD drat RESPECT Please God Almighty send me a gender bender, send me a thug, send me anyone who deserves it, just give me one opportunity, one shot is all I need WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!

soothsayer
Mar 4, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

Abortion is literally murder, but we shouldn't prosecute the woman who seeks and gets an abortion.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

These feminazis robbing a rapist of his god-given heir.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/dad-says-he-was-punched-for-taking-his-daughter-into-mens-room-161840158.html

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015

Goodpancakes posted:

I have a lot of moeny and I am sick of giving it away to Uncle Sam for poors to buy lobsters. I mostly post about how lovely taxes are on facebook and I own libtards hard with sick conservative memes.

If I give away 5 quarters it feels like less despite how I would be paying more. loving owned libs.

In fact you dumb libs are so dumb you don't realize taxes don't pay for anything. That's right, absolutely nothing!

Only liberal suckers pay for services.

Ron Paul 2012

If we fix the money, you'll just buy booze with it.

cnut
May 3, 2016

I'm a LIEberal but I don't go on Facebook so I've never been owned :smug:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BLACK PEOPLE

e:

ALSO BROWN PEOPLE

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
You are an autist Hillary voter, lol! Owned.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/736391573085261825

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
conservative punk

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

hahaha is this true

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Internaut! posted:

hahaha is this true

I guess it depends if we are going to call warfare mass shootings

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mother jones says no

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Internaut! posted:

hahaha is this true

Yeah, didn't you read it?

cnut
May 3, 2016

gently caress, 0wn3d again :argh:

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

it looks pretty close? I'm on mobile or I'd paste it into excel and see

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jihadist terrorist attacks aren't mass shootings. That list is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
There is a video of a fat preacher who holds up a gun and says he will shoot anyone who aims a gun at a police officer.

It's probably the most legitimate scary thing I've seen yet, every ounce of it dripping with an eerie religious violence. It has 2.7 million views.

• Locked thread