Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

bad metaphors posted:

Emptyquote this post if you'd be interested in a goon tournament for windjammers or any fightcade game really (ST???????) sometime this week and top 3 gets a $15 steam game or a consolation av cert or w/e provided by your valued forums pal, bad metaphors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
put me down for windjammers or twinkle star sprites :hellyeah:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

bad metaphors posted:

Emptyquote this post if you'd be interested in a goon tournament for windjammers or any fightcade game really (ST???????) sometime this week and top 3 gets a $15 steam game or a consolation av cert or w/e provided by your valued forums pal, bad metaphors

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

TaurusOxford posted:

Figure you guys might get a kick out of this. Woolie and Matt from Super Best Friends critique Street Fighter boxarts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VstwoyuDoXQ

Titan Dee Jay should have been the main event at EVO

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

bad metaphors posted:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bad metaphors posted:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Magical drop 3

I can't even play but whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

Played Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD with a friend for a while and found that it's a great game! I saw the tier list on shoryuken and Jotaro was listed as God tier, but I liked playing as Dio better. Steamroller is hype. What makes Jotaro better than Dio in this game? Anyone know? I'm just curious because they seem kinda similar gameplay-wise from my admittedly short and casual experience of the game.
he has bad defense, a lot of completely useless moves and other moves that you toss out maybe once a match to try and scumbag a win, and his learning curve is very high

compared to jotaro, who just does basic combos and punches dudes

that said dio still has high damage and good mix-ups/oki, and the best super in the game (stand on knife throw) he's strong on offense, he just falls apart when you get cornered.

dio's still top tier and perfectly viable, but he has a terrible matchup against jotaro since jotaro can pressure him basically for free and dio's only hope is to go completely ham.

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
Ok, I've had the TES+ for a week, and I can say it rocks. I have already surpassed anything I was doing with my 360 controller. I am now convinced that fight sticks are better. Especially if you just started and don't have like 200+ hours with a controller.

If you are just starting off, and can afford a fight stick, get one.

Xeom fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 19, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Titan Dee Jay should have been the main event at EVO

*Aoytan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xeom posted:

Ok, I've had the TES+ for a week, and I can say it rocks. I have already surpassed anything I was doing with my 360 controller. I am now convinced that fight sticks are better. Especially if you just started and don't have like 200+ hours with a controller.

If you are just starting off, and can afford a fight stick, get one.

i felt this way and then all over again when i switch the jlf in the TE to a seimitsu with a short throw and clickier/less mushy action on it. dashing is a loving breeze and random unwanted jumps because i am a sloppy scrub are much less common. well worth the twenty bucks and a good first modification project

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i felt this way and then all over again when i switch the jlf in the TE to a seimitsu with a short throw and clickier/less mushy action on it.

Which one specifically?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

Which one specifically?

Ls something. In training recommended it to me maybe he remembers.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Lemon-Lime posted:

Which one specifically?

ls32 is the anime game one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah we were playing a lot of xrd when he recommended it. made instant air dashing much easier

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I have an LS-40 in my HRAP because I enjoy tight shafts

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i used to play eddy then he turned into a girl, i also used to play raven and he turned into a girl. lemme know if you want me to turn any tekken characters into a girl

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Munsun posted:

i used to play eddy then he turned into a girl, i also used to play raven and he turned into a girl. lemme know if you want me to turn any tekken characters into a girl

Mokujin. Wait.

Jack? Jackie?

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Munsun posted:

txt me

:wink:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Zand already mentioned because he's the one who recommended it in the first place but yeah it's the LS-32. It feels good for shmups too if you're especially insane

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Zand already mentioned because he's the one who recommended it in the first place but yeah it's the LS-32. It feels good for shmups too if you're especially insane

such win

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

If you're serious about playing windjammers on fightcade, sign up for the tournament. Use your SA username. Here's a link to the brackets. I'm tentatively scheduling it for this Thursday at 9pm EST but I have a suspicion that's not enough advance notice so lmk so if the date/time is no good. I'll make the bracket double-elim and consider bigger-than-token prizes if there's enough entrants.

If there's a goon irc or discord or smth that everyone uses you should link it to me because I don't want to run everything in the lobby chatroom lol. I'll run other games in the future if people want to make this a regular occurrence.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Munsun posted:

Marduk.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

vf beat me too it, sorry

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

bad metaphors posted:

If you're serious about playing windjammers on fightcade, sign up for the tournament. Use your SA username. Here's a link to the brackets. I'm tentatively scheduling it for this Thursday at 9pm EST but I have a suspicion that's not enough advance notice so lmk so if the date/time is no good. I'll make the bracket double-elim and consider bigger-than-token prizes if there's enough entrants.

If there's a goon irc or discord or smth that everyone uses you should link it to me because I don't want to run everything in the lobby chatroom lol. I'll run other games in the future if people want to make this a regular occurrence.

This is the goon discord.

I would regularly sign up, but unfortunately I am not familiar with Windjammers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Munsun posted:

Akuma

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Munsun posted:

vf beat me too it, sorry

now that's what i call service

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yuri lacks the murderous intent.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Play more KOF 13.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

so who owns theF40, king or robert

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
it looks like kings jacket on the door. guess she is the baller

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bad metaphors posted:

98, xmvsf or bust

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Evil Yuri would be sick af.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kuma

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Zand posted:

ls32 is the anime game one

Thanks. :)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Somebody shop in the jojo's to be continued thing at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The free Dizzy DLC is available on PSN both for NA and EU.