Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HorseRenoir posted:

The episode order didn't actually get extended; the season is still 10 episodes, but the premiere/finale are both two hours long.
Do those count as two episodes each? The premiere felt like two separate ones, and ten episodes is a pretty short run anyway so this would be a bummer.

As for the episodes themselves, I was a bit disappointed at first but the asylum interpretation definitely makes all the Elliot scenes make more sense. The rest is still a bit meh bit I still have high hopes for the rest of the season.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they'll count as two each.

bondetamp
Aug 8, 2011

Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I've always assumed? Did your mother hover over you, snaggle-toothed and doting as you now hover over me?
Asylum or no, the discourse on Seinfeld was fab. :colbert:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

bondetamp posted:

Asylum or no, the discourse on Seinfeld was fab. :colbert:

I wanted Leon's thoughts on Kramer to be the new thread title, but the quote was too long. :(

tirion
Sep 25, 2004
Watching part 2 again, right after Elliot and Craig Robinson talk and before the laughing scene, there's a few flashes of Elliot's diary again. There's more gaps in his lines than are pointed out, starting with "Mr. Robot is back again" which is also odd. It's not "Dad is back" or anything like that

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

cochise posted:

Elliot just out Tyler Durden'd Mr. Robot. :aaa:

With the music build up and everything, they set up a perfect double-twist/anti-trope. That scene was supremely well-done.

Tyrell's wife and her boy toy was also great. He was so cringingly bad at playing with her it hurt.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm surprised no one has requested a gif of the shot of Elliot shouting 'Amen! AMEN! AAMMEENNNN!'

This thread needs that gif!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So what's the scheduled release for this season? Because for the life of me I can't find air dates anywhere.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

So what's the scheduled release for this season? Because for the life of me I can't find air dates anywhere.

11. 2-1 13 Jul 16 eps2.0_unm4sk-pt1.tc (46 min)
12. 2-2 13 Jul 16 eps2.0_unm4sk-pt2.tc (46 min)
13. 2-3 20 Jul 16 eps2.1_k3rnel-pan1c.ksd
14. 2-4 27 Jul 16 eps2.2_init1.asec
15. 2-5 03 Aug 16 eps2.3_logic-b0mb.hc
16. 2-6 10 Aug 16 eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes
17. 2-7 17 Aug 16 eps2.5_h4ndshake.sme
18. 2-8 24 Aug 16 eps2.6_succ3ss0r.p12
19. 2-9 31 Aug 16 eps2.7_init5.fve
20. 2-10 07 Sep 16 eps2.8_h1dden?pr0cess.axx (73 min)
21. 2-11 14 Sep 16 eps2.9_pyth0n?pt1.p7z
22. 2-12 14 Sep 16 eps2.9_pyth0n?pt2.p7z

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Trabandiumium posted:

Already excited about that double slot season finale.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
haha I'm really confused about why someone wouldn't just assume "every Wednesday until it's done".

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

haha I'm really confused about why someone wouldn't just assume "every Wednesday until it's done".

Maybe someone will get murdered on live TV again

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trabandiumium posted:

I wish they'd drop the l33t speak thing, it hasn't been cool in like a decade now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Are you new to US broadcasting schedules?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I wish they'd drop the l33t speak thing, it hasn't been cool in like a decade now. ever

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
What's going on with the length of this weeks episode? It looks like it's running ~1.5 hours again according to USA's schedule. I checked next week and it's back down to the normal 1 hour. I don't remember seeing anyone talking about tomorrow being another extended episode.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

siggy2021 posted:

What's going on with the length of this weeks episode? It looks like it's running ~1.5 hours again according to USA's schedule. I checked next week and it's back down to the normal 1 hour. I don't remember seeing anyone talking about tomorrow being another extended episode.

I seem to remember that happening a few times last year, and I've definitely noticed it with other shows on FX, AMC, etc. These days shows will just run as long as they need to over an hour to tell the story, no season finale or special episode excuse required. It's pretty drat cool and I'm for it.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

timp posted:

I seem to remember that happening a few times last year, and I've definitely noticed it with other shows on FX, AMC, etc. These days shows will just run as long as they need to over an hour to tell the story, no season finale or special episode excuse required. It's pretty drat cool and I'm for it.

The Netflix Effect.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I wish they'd drop the l33t speak thing, it hasn't been cool in like a decade now.

It largely exists simply because it makes certain files harder to find for DMCA takedowns or just for the general public to find certain things. Like, StarWars.avi is easy enough to search for, but when people start calling it 57@rVV@r5.mkv or whatever permutation of dumb crap you have in there, it becomes somewhat more annoying to find.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Grinning Goblin posted:

It largely exists simply because it makes certain files harder to find for DMCA takedowns or just for the general public to find certain things. Like, StarWars.avi is easy enough to search for, but when people start calling it 57@rVV@r5.mkv or whatever permutation of dumb crap you have in there, it becomes somewhat more annoying to find.

So the show's writers are trying to make it harder for DMCA requests to get processed? It really doesn't stop people from pirating episodes when they're listed as "S01E07" anyhow.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Remember that initial ratings report that said the premiere was the lowest rated epidode yet? Turns out that more than half the audience either watched it on DVR or VOD: http://www.businessinsider.com/mr-robot-season-2-premiere-ratings-2016-7

I knew the show was popular on digital but god drat.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Shoren posted:

So the show's writers are trying to make it harder for DMCA requests to get processed? It really doesn't stop people from pirating episodes when they're listed as "S01E07" anyhow.

No man they are trying to mimic file naming conventions.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Hand Row posted:

No man they are trying to mimic file naming conventions.
What, the use of snake case? Because all of the extensions are compression/encryption schemes and only scrubs rely on extensions to determine the format of a file.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
wrong thread

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I am posting this without reading anything in this thread. I just started watching season one yesterday, and having just finished episode eight it has become apparent to me that I should not read anything about this show at all. I will be joining you all in the next few days when I finish catching up.

My mind has been blown and I am very surprised at the production value of the show with it being on USA and not a pay channel.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Mr. Powers posted:

My mind has been blown and I am very surprised at the production value of the show with it being on USA and not a pay channel.

What a time to be alive when USA, History (Vikings) and Syfy (Expanse) channels all have a TV show better than anything HBO has been airing.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Space Pussy posted:

What a time to be alive when USA, History (Vikings) and Syfy (Expanse) channels all have a TV show better than anything HBO has been airing.

I like your taste in shows, do you have any other recommendations?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

HorseRenoir posted:

Remember that initial ratings report that said the premiere was the lowest rated epidode yet? Turns out that more than half the audience either watched it on DVR or VOD: http://www.businessinsider.com/mr-robot-season-2-premiere-ratings-2016-7

I knew the show was popular on digital but god drat.

That reminds me of something Ive asked earlier but nobody answered: is there any legal way to watch this show outside the USA?

I suppose its ratings would increase tenfolds if you add all the people all over the world pirating it. Last week I searched for a way to watch the premiere and pay for it and could not find any, cause I live in south america. We got netflix here but no hulu. Amazon Prime has it but will not allow it to non-american customers.

Its amazing that we still dont have anything really like Steam for movies and TV

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
like iTunes, you mean?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Escobarbarian posted:

like iTunes, you mean?

iTunes has it? I dont have a mac

EDIT: vvvvvv I dont have windows either. But really, Im outdated. I never knew itunes sold video. To my defense, last time I used it was a decade ago

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 20, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
iTunes works on Windows too. I don't know if mr robot is on there but it's sort of like steam for tv shows.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

That reminds me of something Ive asked earlier but nobody answered: is there any legal way to watch this show outside the USA?

SVT (Swedish state television :sweden:) is running season 2 concurrently here which is very unusual. But as the others mentioned, itunes.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
Does anybody know if Amazon Prime UK will upload the new episodes at midnight?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Grinning Goblin posted:

Listings on Usenet look like "bc0040350d71879e61a759c57eee5f51" and the tracker sites are told how to process it into scrapable content. As for torrenting sites, they're about a small exclusive community so obsufcuating the name is pointless. The episode names are just what people think hackers write.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

YouTuber posted:

Listings on Usenet look like "bc0040350d71879e61a759c57eee5f51" and the tracker sites are told how to process it into scrapable content. As for torrenting sites, they're about a small exclusive community so obsufcuating the name is pointless. The episode names are just what people think hackers write.

hes talking about the original purpose of l33t speak, jesus dude be thicker.

The headshotting stuff in S2E1/2 are a pretty sure sign that he popped the corporate dude in the face right? that's what everyone else has been getting from it?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Things like usenet and torrenting sites have changed a lot over time, but a lot of old usenet stuff did use a ton of leetspeak. Of course it became easier to just have things encrypted and use a VPN or in the case of torrenting try to get into a private community. Even in IRC in the early 2000's I remember quite a few file sharing channels used leetspeak to avoid attention. I think the only place that really use them now are direct download sites that are 4chan spinoffs because they are open to the public.

Basically it was a thing back then and now it isn't.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bioalchemist posted:

Does anybody know if Amazon Prime UK will upload the new episodes at midnight?

In my experience it's usually between 6-8am, but I don't know specifically about Prime. Won't be midnight cause it won't have aired in the US by then.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

GutBomb posted:

iTunes works on Windows too. I don't know if mr robot is on there but it's sort of like steam for tv shows.

Yes, both seasons are on iTunes, and you can purchase a season pass for season 2 so the episodes will load onto your account as they air.

ITunes is pretty good about having pretty much everything you could think of up for sale or rent. Not everything, but pretty much everything current is available.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Suits on USA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Fun Society :allears:

• Locked thread