Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Time has a bunch of disconnected cool parts and awesome vocals buried in a bunch of masturbatory nonsense. Not really optimistic about part 2.

The self titled is unfuckwithable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Hulk Krogan posted:

a bunch of masturbatory nonsense.

Jari in a nutshell

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

henpod posted:

Yeah, I agree. Self-titled is really awesome, each track is great and has its own flavour. Sure, there are a lot of synths and stuff but it's all solid and has some fantastic drumming to boot.
Kai Hahto basically was that album and Jari took all the credit

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Vargatron posted:

I think what I was trying to get at is that some Wintersun songs sound like an eternity has passed before they finish. Or maybe it's my fragile human brain trying to process 128 orchestral tracks at once.

No it's basically this. Time I would be quarter to a third of a fair album if it got brutally edited for all the meandering pointless poo poo and flat attempts at crescendo.

Vulture Culture posted:

Kai Hahto basically was that album and Jari took all the credit

I always thought Jari just completely ran out of ideas and/or got way too caught up in technological loving around.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Like the first loving track is 4 minutes of an orchestral buildup that never does anything, then Sons of Winter and Stars just THROWS SO MUCH poo poo at you at once, but not in a musical way. I mean I actually laughed the first time I heard it because it was so over the loving top.

However, Darkness and Frost leading into Time is a pretty good transition and that song would have been amazing if he cut the 5 minute interlude from the middle.

Land of Snow and Sorrow is a Good Track.

There's my 3 line review of Time I.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Metal Thread: It's 2016 and we're still talking about Wintersun

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

lol Destroyer 666 just made a long and not at all mad online Facebook post where they provided the addresses and real names of the metalsucks dudes and then asked everyone to buy more t-shirts.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

KK Warslut posted:

Los Angeles,,a perfect storm to finish an amazing whirlwind tour.
Our sincere gratitude to all who came out and supported us.
We`d all like to extend a thanks to Paul Dunski for putting it altogether for us,Ares Kingdom for being so fkn great and upstanding men and Sharon of Derketa and Oath of Cruelty.
And to all those who took the time to speak to us in person and express their disbelief and contempt for the tirade of lies and bullshit spread by Matt Goldberg who hides behind the name of Axl Rosenberg and Ben Umanov the liar behind the name Vince Neilstein (His address is posted below folks)along with the little lying dishonest whore who calls herself Blair Hopkins and 'writes' for Invisible Oranges and seemed more intent on advertising her attractiveness to drunks than she was in writing an honest review. Clearly your insecure about your looks woman and felt a burning desire to advertise just how irresistible you are.To drunks.Sad desperate bitch.
Despite almost every comment on all their platforms callin them out for being lying cunts,they still have not removed,corrected or amended any of their 'articles'.

We have considered making a statement to dispel the bullshit and clarify our position for those gullible enough to fall for this SJW virtue signalling garbage. But how does one argue with a fool with an axe to grind and clicks to collect for their advertising revenues?
By stating the obvious facts? These fkn clowns are fact resistant. And they could have got the fact themselves.Isnt that what journalists are meant to do?By goin through every one of their groundless claims and disproving them? Thereby validating their right to make accusations against anyone they see fit? By trotting out every non-white (Left approved) friend I have to show Im 'cool' and hip to the poo poo? That to me reeks of fkn racism.And God drat am I so fkn sick of that word. These vermin throw the word around so damned often its losing any meaning whatsoever and only serves to undermine any real and serious instances of it. And off course,the fact Ive never written a racist lyric in my life and Ive never used the band to denigrate another race...well that dont matter does it?,cos it dont fit their narrative.Theyll get round that any way they can.My view has always been the same,NO race should be made to feel ashamed of the colour of their skin.NOT ONE.
And it could well be asked what good would come of it?They clearly wont retract their articles even when fans from the show tell them its a lie,(because they exist from the clicks?).
These fk-knuckles insult myself,the band and our supporters alike with their complete disregard for the truth..And I cant help thinking it has helped to weed out the gullible and the spineless from our ranks.Not to mention increased shirt sales on our site.For anyone dumb enough to still have 'doubts',go read all the comments left by people on all thier sites.If that aint enough.Then just go Fk yaself.Sell our records,burn our shirts,dont come to the shows and dont come here to this page to looking for attention for yourself.Its really that fkn easy.It aint Nazi rocket science.
End of the day Im an old fashioned kinda fella and now that their real names are out there in the public domain,nature will take its course.
I aint no racist fool,BUT I am exceedingly, overtly prejudiced against fools and especially fools who make it their duty to make me their enemy.Make of that what you will.I call it instinct.
No Surrender.No forgiveness and No fkn Mercy!

Now to enjoy 4 weeks in NYC.

PS - If ya wanna show these scum where you stand and buy a shirt at https://www.destroyer666.uk

for posterity.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Imagine caring what metalsucks thinks of you

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Anyone who throws around the term "virtue signaling" is definitely alt-right so the rest of his claim sure has a bad smell

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

When you post poo poo on facebook, make sure you do it with the least amount of Facebook possible.

How did the mean people at MetalSucks hurt their feelings?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

^Couple of posts about KK's alleged connections to nazi/white supremacy poo poo. Which he totally disproved when he was like "hey everybody go gently caress up these Jewish dudes," obviously.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Gotta point out that my favorite band just posted a song called gently caress My Way to Hell. I'm not even that into it on my first listen, but you can't beat that name.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

there's a new Agatus song and it sounds pretty good, big old heavy metal vibe: https://agatus.bandcamp.com/album/the-eternalist

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
As much as I love Bandcamp, I really wish they added a volume slider. Their player is much louder than everything else on my system, so I have to fiddle with the volume knob on my speakers when I play their poo poo. It's a small issue to be sure, just a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nordick posted:

As much as I love Bandcamp, I really wish they added a volume slider. Their player is much louder than everything else on my system, so I have to fiddle with the volume knob on my speakers when I play their poo poo. It's a small issue to be sure, just a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

I have this issue with Soundcloud

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

comes along bort posted:

Last Days Here and Such Hawks Such Hounds are okay.

And there's Sam Dunn's metal history doc that's eh.

Some Kind of Monster is really funny, as is Metallimania, though for slightly different reasons.

Also there's the Anvil doc that's unintentionally funny as well.

And of course Decline of Western Civilization pt 2.

Earache did a short doc on the making of Scum to go with whichever re-release it was and there's a longer doc on grindcore, both on youtube.

What's the doc about grindcore called? I think I actually like grindcore more because of the punk influence than I do death metal, not that I can't enjoy death metal, mind

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have this issue with Soundcloud
Yeah the embedded Soundcloud player is like that too, but at least the Soundcloud site proper has a volume slider.

Also complaining about it somehow spurred me to try fix it, I reduced my speaker volume in Windows volume controls and cranked other things higher. Seemed to do the trick for now, though I fully expect to run into an issue down the line where something else is too quiet. :v:

Oh yeah and this Agatus song is pretty great.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
second wave of MDF bands posted!

Maryland Deathfest posted:

Captain Cleanoff (Australia)
Conan (UK)
Crud
Cryptopsy (Canada) (maybe lol?)
Ex Dementia
Encoffination
Exumer (Germany) -Exclusive U.S. appearance!
Father Befouled
Fiend
Fissure
Goolagoon
Goratory
Insect Warfare
Malignancy
Meth Leppard (Australia)
Morbid Saint
Necropsy (Finland)
October Tide (Sweden) - Exclusive U.S. appearance!
P.L.F.
Skeletal Remains
SubRosa
Torture Rack
Vader (Poland) - Exclusive U.S. appearance!
War Master
Wormrot (Singapore)

RIP the Edison lot, though. Just two venues this year.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
So far I've been pretty underwhelmed with the lineup compared to previous years.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

wtf where am I gonna openly smoke :420: all weekend now

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

This sucks rear end, it's gonna be so hard to get tickets

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

^Couple of posts about KK's alleged connections to nazi/white supremacy poo poo. Which he totally disproved when he was like "hey everybody go gently caress up these Jewish dudes," obviously.

Kind of interesting he specifies what kind of rocket science is the hardest:

quote:

Its really that fkn easy.It aint Nazi rocket science.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

COOL CORN posted:

So far I've been pretty underwhelmed with the lineup compared to previous years.

I think someone posts this every year

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Great, how am I supposed to get my yearly tan now?

Anyways, I'm pretty stoked about this year already.

INSECT GODDAMN WARFARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luDkTZ2YMpI

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Already got a plan in place to snag two 4 day passes while I'm at work. :c00l:

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Hulk Krogan posted:

Nice projecting there. I'm sure that's exactly what Keith meant, perhaps he also wanted people to "gently caress up" the "jewish dude" in his band while they were at it?

Or maybe, as he said, he's not really interested in all that crap, and you're picking at words in a tired, most likely alcohol-fueled rant from a guy who's spent the last X weeks on tour and was currently receiving death threats on a schedule where everyone knows where he will be next, in a country where it's legal to possess firearms?

You know, I've never, ever liked terms like "virtue signaling" and their ilk, and consider them lazy, venal attributions, usually given towards arguments that people either are unable to discredit via other means or simply wish to ignore without addressing; but people should realise that words used on the 'net, or in general speak in different cultural groups permeate differently, and your initial exposure to words may influence you into using them in a manner that does not necessarily reflect either your world-view or nature as viewed by another group.

What am I getting at?

Vulture Culture posted:

Anyone who throws around the term "virtue signaling" is definitely alt-right so the rest of his claim sure has a bad smell

This isn't true in the UK. It's used fairly freely without any allegiance to any particular creed. As are a lot of words that might signal a particular viewpoint to a US reader/speaker. There are of course, words that work in the inverse way.

This is particularly muddied when people in an age where people read multiple viewpoints from various sources and pick up words that, in the context they are presented, do not pertain to have any moral or social standing, but in actuality, are seen as veiled/coded references to others.

[edit] Feel free to hate KK, think he's a moron, childish, imbecilic, whatever. I certainly wouldn't have handled the issue in the manner it was dealt with, but hey, at least do it for valid reasons, eh? Saying "imagine caring what metalsucks thinks" is utterly cretinous when slander has real-life implications for your security - both in terms of finance and health.

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 19, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Here's the thing about slander - there's already a remedy for it, and it isn't posting people's home addresses with the thinly-veiled implication that someone should cause them bodily harm. Metalsucks is a garbage site but they pulled the articles and apologized when it came out that KK was getting threats. In contrast, KK left his threats up for a good long while and when he finally took them down he replaced them with some silliness about bringing the war (more like the RaHoWa am i rite) to their door.

Nice meltdown though. Imagine caring what random posters on something awful think about a guy that goes by KK Warslut.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 19, 2016

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Nordick posted:

According to the site itself it's a deliberate design decision, they wanna incentivize actually buying albums instead of just using the web player. :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
To be honest I would be more incentivized to buy the albums if checking them out in the first place was free of even that marginal annoyance of reaching out to my speaker's volume knob every time. :v: But maybe that's just me.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Clit Avoider seems to care a lot what people think about certain metal people

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What's the doc about grindcore called? I think I actually like grindcore more because of the punk influence than I do death metal, not that I can't enjoy death metal, mind

Eh my memory sucks. It wasn't so much a grindcore doc but a promo put out by the old Hard N' Heavy video company. Also half the bands are just straight up death metal. But still it's an interesting time capsule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZODuF1Sy9I

Vargatron posted:

I think what I was trying to get at is that some Wintersun songs sound like an eternity has passed before they finish. Or maybe it's my fragile human brain trying to process 128 orchestral tracks at once.

The thing that gets me about Jari's problems is Trey Spruance from Secret Chiefs 3 managed to put together even more complex stuff with crappier equipment, and made it a point of pride.

In fact the liner notes of Book of Horizons had an offer to send stems to anyone with a G4 Power Mac, Digital Performer 4, and 120gb of hard drive space (lol 2004 technology)

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 19, 2016

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Hulk Krogan posted:

Here's the thing about slander - there's already a remedy for it, and it isn't posting people's home addresses with the thinly-veiled implication that someone should cause them bodily harm. Metalsucks is a garbage site but they pulled the articles and apologized when it came out that KK was getting threats. In contrast, KK left his threats up for a good long while and when he finally took them down he replaced them with some silliness about bringing the war (more like the RaHoWa am i rite) to their door.

Nice meltdown though. Imagine caring what random posters on something awful think about a guy that goes by KK Warslut.

I saw this post before you edited it, but the tone remains the same anyway.

I'm not having a meltdown at all - it's a bit tragic that writing more than a few words on a subject and explaining your position is just to be summarily dismissed by such petty adjectives to save addressing anything. As I said, it is absolutely could have been better handled. There's little to discuss there, I do think it's worth pointing out irregularities in mobbed group think though.

nerve posted:

Clit Avoider seems to care a lot what people think about certain metal people

"Person seems to care a lot about a topic of discussion they're participating in" :rolleyes:

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 20, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
There's a whole lot of posts in this topic. You people seem to care a lot about this metal thing. Heh, loving nerds amirite :smuggo:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Nordick posted:

There's a whole lot of posts in this topic. You people seem to care a lot about this metal thing. Heh, loving nerds amirite :smuggo:

Yes

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The Clit Avoider posted:

I saw this post before you edited it, but the tone remains the same anyway.

Why even't mention this then? :confused:

Anyway I did address your point, but I'll break it down again:

Slander = bad.
Death threats = bad.
Passionately defending the honor of some dude who did one in response to the other = dumb.
Calling it "tragic" when people point out any of the above without observing debate club rules or whatever = dumb.

I hope this has been helpful.

Edit: Also physically threatening journalists to silence them - even lovely ones who barely qualify for the title - is bad mmkay?

Anyway a friend sent this to me yesterday and it rules. Sounds a lot like Misery Index (probably because it's the same vocalist/guitarist).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOafdZI3Yo

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 20, 2016

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Look man, I didn't choose metal, it chose me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I finally listened to Tribulation (newest one with the rad cover and title I can't think of while typing this) on a short drive earlier and loving hell I love their sound. I expected them to have some silly weird bombastic thing going on but the slightly spooky post punk metal vibes they have slayed me. I'll be enjoying this for a while but I'm curious if there are any other bands that sound similar.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Hulk Krogan posted:

Metalsucks is a garbage site but they pulled the articles and apologized when it came out that KK was getting threats. In contrast, KK left his threats up for a good long while and when he finally took them down he replaced them with some silliness about bringing the war (more like the RaHoWa am i rite) to their door..

This whole debacle took place in what, a week? The dude was in Denmark, New York, Pittsburgh, Illinois, Texas, and California in eight days. The whole shitstorm was unexpected/unplanned. What's the "long while" you're talking about him leaving his comments up, a day or two? Just as quickly as MS pulled the articles, they also pulled the apology.

The Clit Avoider posted:

I'm not having a meltdown at all - it's a bit tragic that writing more than a few words on a subject and explaining your position is just to be summarily dismissed by such petty adjectives to save addressing anything. As I said, it is absolutely could have been better handled. There's little to discuss there, I do think it's worth pointing out irregularities in mobbed group think though.

"Person seems to care a lot about a topic of discussion they're participating in" :rolleyes:

You're a good dude and wrote some very reasonable things. More reasonable than anyone reporting on it.

The whole thing blew up with a few tabloid-metal-sites quoting a Google-translated Facebook post about his crowd-taunting at Metal Magic, then MetalSucks blew it up with a "reader response" article which was basically "this guy's a nazi!" They hammered the point with a few articles in a few days, which is pretty excessive considering they weren't responding to a statement or even a video, just some reports of off-color drunken banter.

The senseless thing here is that there's no indication that "reporting" here is with a good intent - it's inflammatory clickbait trying to incite people (to click) and fit anything tangentially related into a wedge issue. Compare it to Neill Jameson's article on women in metal - a crass but honest statement with overtly good intent. There's no positive intent shining through here. MetalSucks seems to post the same stock article every time Varg Vikernes posts a YouTube video, and Metal Injection even wrote an scolding article about Phil Anselmo following a YouTube channel. They're not being benevolent, they're making GBS threads out clickbait. They're sleazy tabloids using anything they can as a wedge to get a response. Don't let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I finally listened to Tribulation (newest one with the rad cover and title I can't think of while typing this) on a short drive earlier and loving hell I love their sound. I expected them to have some silly weird bombastic thing going on but the slightly spooky post punk metal vibes they have slayed me. I'll be enjoying this for a while but I'm curious if there are any other bands that sound similar.

In Solitude (R.I.P.)