Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

MooselanderII posted:

This Jenny was able to clear the annoying succubus in ToD 70.

However, anyone have any strategies for ToD 105? I'm stuck on that one.

You want a rock heavy team. If you have Krut and Muza, bring both to have self sustain. Gillan or Raboff will work to keep the boss disabled. Serendi is also recommended since the slimes aren't charm immune. If necessary, bring Bearman so every slime focuses him down. If you have a skilled up Rage, he's also a good choice to deal with range slimes.

The biggest problem on this map is the disarm from the ranged slimes. Those absolutely must go otherwise have fun doing nothing. I recommend a rock heavy team because all the slimes are scissors which makes building up lord gauge extremely easy. As long as all your heroes have 55% or higher def, grace should let you tank everything as you slowly wipe everything out.

The boss is probably the least of your problems compared to everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

In other news, some jerk left the guild, so we have an open slot, anybody want it?

I'll take an invite. IGN is Olds.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Olds posted:

I'll take an invite. IGN is Olds.

You're in a guild right now, post again when you've been out for 24 hours, I'll save the slot for you.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Somefool posted:

Last two is about ToD 70 which by the way, I still have my strong Jenny. Just give me a shout if you need her. :v:

I do, actually. Been stuck there for awhile. Lack of range to hit the first succubus being the main problem; I can hold up against the tribal war guys well enough but not with constant hits from both Cleos wearing me down.

Rai is one of my strongest characters, but she isn't in his range often, heals herself, and would take him a good five turns to kill even if those factors were eliminated. And, you know, pressure from the doom cannons and such. So if I can deal with her, Muz, Krut, Jack, and Serendi can eat the rest for breakfast.

I'm also finding a mysterious correlation between level 70 Rage/Lee mercs and disappointment.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

In other news, some jerk left the guild, so we have an open slot, anybody want it?

That was me, soz. I've been suddenly hit with a medical thing that's knocking me on my rear end, and I just can't handle being on my phone long enough to play, so I freed up my spot.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Woo, just unlocked Krut. Not a moment too soon either. Now to try and level some of his skills after dumping all my energy. Then repeating the grind for Reina. :eng99:

Edit: That sucks dude, hope you get better.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Any room in one of the other goon guilds?

My full pubbie guild can only manage 10/20 attendance and it annoys me that I'm missing out on free energy. I do the guild raid every day, but my cheap F2P rear end can only manage an A rating.

Edit: IGN is Omnomnomnomn

Secx fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 19, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

SwdOfLowtax might still have an opening.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I do, actually. Been stuck there for awhile. Lack of range to hit the first succubus being the main problem; I can hold up against the tribal war guys well enough but not with constant hits from both Cleos wearing me down.

Rai is one of my strongest characters, but she isn't in his range often, heals herself, and would take him a good five turns to kill even if those factors were eliminated. And, you know, pressure from the doom cannons and such. So if I can deal with her, Muz, Krut, Jack, and Serendi can eat the rest for breakfast.

I'm also finding a mysterious correlation between level 70 Rage/Lee mercs and disappointment.

I'll change my merc back to Jenny after today's raid resets. Make sure Rai is on 5th slot because the 5th slot hero happens to be within a 4 tile range of the succubus.

I would also remove Jack from the party since the platforms take too long to connect to each other for melee heroes. Shuffle gear around if you have to for another range hero.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Overflowtax has 2 spots

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
im trying to save spots in overflow tax for goons pls put SA or something in your comments if you apply

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Somefool posted:

I'll change my merc back to Jenny after today's raid resets. Make sure Rai is on 5th slot because the 5th slot hero happens to be within a 4 tile range of the succubus.

I would also remove Jack from the party since the platforms take too long to connect to each other for melee heroes. Shuffle gear around if you have to for another range hero.

Yeah, I did a test run with him and he just sat around too often. I'll go with Chenny.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I also forgot that Reina's 2nd skill have an amazing 5 tile range and she also happens to be a scissor type. If you can stack a bunch of attack on her and her 2nd and 4th skill happened to be maxed, she can be really useful there too. Be sure to have someone like Serendi use her buff on Reina first though to trigger her passive.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is Reina worth maxing out?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
Reina is my current scissors unit focus for leveling, so if I still haven't beat it in a day or two when scissors coocoo day rolls around she should be helpful.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Reina is not as no-brainer as Krut or Raizel, but she is still pretty top tier among scissors.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, since I missed out on finishing my Raizel unlock, so I might as well go all in on her.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Any advice for ToD 50? I can barely make a scratch in the thing OR the minions, and they hit like tanks. My 5* dudes are Krut, Muzaka, Carrot, Jack, Serendi, Rask, Raboff, Chenny, Raizel, and Deborah. I almost have Mu and Alex and 5* as well.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Iunnrais posted:

Any advice for ToD 50? I can barely make a scratch in the thing OR the minions, and they hit like tanks. My 5* dudes are Krut, Muzaka, Carrot, Jack, Serendi, Rask, Raboff, Chenny, Raizel, and Deborah. I almost have Mu and Alex and 5* as well.

Damage rush floor. Minions are all super tanky, so don't bother killing them.

Hopefully everyone on your team have 50% or more defense. If not, start upgrading armors and rolling +% Def potentials on them.

You want a 5* Jack merc for this. Start off with Grace and send in one hero as close to the boss as possible and have your own Jack follow behind just far enough to avoid being hit the boss's 3rd skill. The hero closest to the boss will most likely be confused/disarm, so swap him out with the Jack merc. Proceed to spam Jack's 3rd skill.

If 2 Jacks aren't dealing enough damage to kill the boss in 3 turns, bring in some paper heroes to quickly build gauge off the slimes. You should be able to quickly rebuild your lord gauge through directional and type advantage.

Your heroes should NOT be dying while under the effect of Grace. If you haven't, be sure to max the ability in battle mastery.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
Your Jenny worked perfectly for the Cleo, somefool. Sadly, my Serendi and Chenny couldn't quite keep up with the damage. I'll polish their gear and level them up a bit, and give another go tomorrow; although one of my more reliable pubbies has changed his merc to a fully SGed Jenny, so I may have another shot before then.

Another idea is to switch Chenny for Bearman to soak up damage for the team, which has worked out fairly well in earlier attempts. I probably could have saved a Grace for approaching the first Cleo (when you have two groups agroed and the second Cleo engages) instead of Hellfire between Cleos, and I made a few mistakes with positioning that may have made the difference.

Shu-Shu is approaching 5*; so if Serendi really isn't cutting it, she may be able to handle it with her naturally tankier stats.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 20, 2016

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Gold is so incredibly precious in this game. With $200, you can get around 20 million gold, which would be gone in, what, 30 minutes or so? I'm curious now as to how much gold I would need before it wouldn't be the most prized resource I could possibly obtain. I mean, I'm going to need gold FOREVER, sure, but at some point it has to be about making already extremely powerful characters more powerful, as opposed to just getting things rebirthed to 5* with some basic equipment to make them baseline usable.

I'm not really complaining, exactly, the game is pretty generous with gold. I'm just salty that I'm in a position where some of my 5*s are wearing +0 gear because they're gaining experience/being rebirthed faster than I can equip them.

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 20, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

And this is where Dolores comes in. Start dragging that guy along to as many dungeons as possible when farming genes.

Hope you also have a team capable of consistently clearing DB because that's also a big source of gold.

Don't forget the gold chamber on Sundays. Stage 10 gives 100k+ per run which is 300k+ for all 3 runs and each reset will net you another 300k+. First 2 resets cost 20 crystals, which is huge value since that's 600k+ for 40 crystals total. The 3rd reset cost 40 crystals, but that's still cheaper than buying gold from the store.

General rule of thumb, don't bother trying to +10 4* and 5* equipment. The success chance for +9 -> +10 is extremely low and can easily chew through several millions if you're unlucky. The best time to upgrade equipment is when you have left over event currency assuming you bought everything necessary from event shops. The extra chance to succeed helps a lot when upgrading 5* equipment because the gold per try is ridiculous. Prepare to blow at least 3 million gold if you're going for a 5* +9 legendary from +0.

Gold is the reason why you don't spread equipment across heroes evenly. You want to focus on 5 sets of equipment because you will never deploy more than 5 heroes at any given time. Learn to deal with shuffling gear around between heroes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The week's sets are up.

1 - Crusader's Path, Spirit of Cold Steel, Here Comes the Gnome!
2 - Frenzy Token, Unyielding Champion, Serial Killer
3 - High Human Guardian, Unbeatable Warlord, Royal Family Assassin
4 - Devil Knight, Ancestor's Voice, New Elian Kingdom Cavalry
5 - Eldrika's Trinity, Legacy of the High Humans, White Knight's Oath

The money levels this week are 2 and 4, with 100% quality sets.

5 isn't bad, with motherfucking Eldrika's, plus Klein Over Time and a good 2pc aggro set for your defenders, and pulling a bunch of it isn't even horrible anymore with transcendence. I would not bother pulling 1, as Here Comes the Gnome is unforgivably bad, and Crusader's Path is only good if you have nothing else, and High Human Guardian and Unbeatable Warlord are terrible at 3, while royal family assassin is mediocre.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Somefool posted:

And this is where Dolores comes in. Start dragging that guy along to as many dungeons as possible when farming genes.

Hope you also have a team capable of consistently clearing DB because that's also a big source of gold.

Don't forget the gold chamber on Sundays. Stage 10 gives 100k+ per run which is 300k+ for all 3 runs and each reset will net you another 300k+. First 2 resets cost 20 crystals, which is huge value since that's 600k+ for 40 crystals total. The 3rd reset cost 40 crystals, but that's still cheaper than buying gold from the store.

General rule of thumb, don't bother trying to +10 4* and 5* equipment. The success chance for +9 -> +10 is extremely low and can easily chew through several millions if you're unlucky. The best time to upgrade equipment is when you have left over event currency assuming you bought everything necessary from event shops. The extra chance to succeed helps a lot when upgrading 5* equipment because the gold per try is ridiculous. Prepare to blow at least 3 million gold if you're going for a 5* +9 legendary from +0.

Gold is the reason why you don't spread equipment across heroes evenly. You want to focus on 5 sets of equipment because you will never deploy more than 5 heroes at any given time. Learn to deal with shuffling gear around between heroes.

I should pick up my last transcendence ticket from the event shop tomorrow. I'd have it already, but I've been routinely using the event currency in enhancements for that reason.

Even getting 5* gear to +9 is a nightmare. I don't think I have anything past +8. Even 3* stuff can easy eat a million gold going from +7 to +9.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

You're in a guild right now, post again when you've been out for 24 hours, I'll save the slot for you.

Sent you an invite.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

Sent you an invite.

Accepted, thanks!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
I just pulled the Klein book from an event shop capsule :parrot:

e: normally I'd either stick this on a character I intended to use it with, or let it sit waiting; but a 5* trinket kinda needs use as an individual piece. Do I just stick it on one of my top people and pay up if/when I eventually get another piece of the set?

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 20, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

I just pulled the Klein book from an event shop capsule :parrot:

e: normally I'd either stick this on a character I intended to use it with, or let it sit waiting; but a 5* trinket kinda needs use as an individual piece. Do I just stick it on one of my top people and pay up if/when I eventually get another piece of the set?

Depends on which AOE character you're going to be using. Pick one, stick it on them. Jenny and Klein are best choices, but literally any AOE character + Klein's Secret Notebook = Huge amounts of asskicking. Even Moa.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Depends on which AOE character you're going to be using. Pick one, stick it on them. Jenny and Klein are best choices, but literally any AOE character + Klein's Secret Notebook = Huge amounts of asskicking. Even Moa.

Hmm. Jenny isn't 5* just yet. I don't have Klein, but should be able to start grinding him soon. Rask is one of my better 5* characters, but doesn't seem like a strong choice for the set.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Applied to Overflowtax as Omnomnomnomn

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

Hmm. Jenny isn't 5* just yet. I don't have Klein, but should be able to start grinding him soon. Rask is one of my better 5* characters, but doesn't seem like a strong choice for the set.

She's definitely not as good as Jenny or Klein, but she can still hit 2 people turn 1 on the square boh map, and she's an absolute wrecking ball in a lot of situations in pve.

For my part, I'd hold out for Klein, especially if you have a spare Outer Space set to put on him, because Klein + OS + KSN is super useful the moment you get him, instead of having to farm for ages or blow pgenes on skills. Barring that, if you've got the stuff to go for a badass Jenny, she is totally worth it, she will improve your BOH power greatly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

She's definitely not as good as Jenny or Klein, but she can still hit 2 people turn 1 on the square boh map, and she's an absolute wrecking ball in a lot of situations in pve.

For my part, I'd hold out for Klein, especially if you have a spare Outer Space set to put on him, because Klein + OS + KSN is super useful the moment you get him, instead of having to farm for ages or blow pgenes on skills. Barring that, if you've got the stuff to go for a badass Jenny, she is totally worth it, she will improve your BOH power greatly.

I am a fan of Rask; she's been my only real scissors damage unit for ages, since I didn't farm nearly enough Chenny genes to get her skills maxed. I think a lot of people underestimate the impact of the defense debuff on her third skill. I may toss the notebook on her just because a 5* mastery trinket is pretty boss in and of itself at this point, and it may be some time until I see a second piece. If I'm lucky enough to get a second piece in the near future, I'm not about to cry about paying 10 gems to remove it if I want to put the two piece on someone else. I suppose the three piece would really help her mana issues, but her real drawback compared to Jenny would be her limited range.

No Outer Space; I don't have many sets at all as of yet, my best being Legendary Scout from my second-ever ToD easy clear this month. Currently it's on Rai, being enabled by the dodge bonus from Phoenix' Apostle of all things. I hope Death Blow comes up again on the gatcha soon, because I did a 10x pull on the 1* and got one piece of each set.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 21, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I managed to get a complete Assasins S rank set and like 7 pieces of Battlefield Healer at least in this gacha. It was a pretty good one for me. :)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
Some big news coming down the pipe: the cost to unequip set pieces is being changed from 10 crystals to 20k gold, enhancement rates between +8-10 are being increased while the gold cost is being decreased, and the amount of gold purchasable by crystals in the shop is being increased. Also, a new "Library in the Sky" is being developed.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/announcement-for-increasing-gold-amount-in-the-in-game-crystal-shop/1776173875930257
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fant...776184205929224

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Oh hey, thanks nexon. It's almost as though I was just venting about those exact things.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

this reina stage is really rude for someone with weak characters.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Slipping to 46th place in Guild Raid. If you can burn a key to keep us up.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Somefool posted:

You want a rock heavy team. If you have Krut and Muza, bring both to have self sustain. Gillan or Raboff will work to keep the boss disabled. Serendi is also recommended since the slimes aren't charm immune. If necessary, bring Bearman so every slime focuses him down. If you have a skilled up Rage, he's also a good choice to deal with range slimes.

The biggest problem on this map is the disarm from the ranged slimes. Those absolutely must go otherwise have fun doing nothing. I recommend a rock heavy team because all the slimes are scissors which makes building up lord gauge extremely easy. As long as all your heroes have 55% or higher def, grace should let you tank everything as you slowly wipe everything out.

The boss is probably the least of your problems compared to everything else.

Your suggestion here was golden.

Now I am stuck on 110. Any tips? I have a Persona with 61 percent defense reduction!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

MooselanderII posted:

Your suggestion here was golden.

Now I am stuck on 110. Any tips? I have a Persona with 61 percent defense reduction!

If you're following the Persona trick video, Grace on turn 1 instead of Hellfire. The problem with the Persona method is that you have to dodge a couple of attacks and also hope that the monsters don't crit your Persona. If you use Grace, it removes a lot of the rng from needing to dodge.

Just note that if you do use Grace turn 1, you end up cutting it real close in using up all your turns building up Hellfire.

Alternatively, you can follow this strat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1bw55nUdg

It requires a Persona merc but at least you don't need a strong Lee and Belle. Hell, the Persona merc doesn't even need to be geared. Just needs access to his 2nd skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Somefool posted:

If you're following the Persona trick video, Grace on turn 1 instead of Hellfire. The problem with the Persona method is that you have to dodge a couple of attacks and also hope that the monsters don't crit your Persona. If you use Grace, it removes a lot of the rng from needing to dodge.

Just note that if you do use Grace turn 1, you end up cutting it real close in using up all your turns building up Hellfire.

Alternatively, you can follow this strat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1bw55nUdg

It requires a Persona merc but at least you don't need a strong Lee and Belle. Hell, the Persona merc doesn't even need to be geared. Just needs access to his 2nd skill.

Thanks, I think I'll try the Reyson method because my Lee isn't skilled out that much. Anyone want to lend me a Persona merc?

• Locked thread