Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

*pushes up glasses*

*in Simpsons nerds professor voice* Well uh actually, I checked to make sure the uh NAP had EXPIRED before attacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Decrepus posted:

*pushes up glasses*

*in Simpsons nerds professor voice* Well uh actually, I checked to make sure the uh NAP had EXPIRED before attacking.

I couldn't remember how many turns it had been, so I checked the date and timestamps on the PM log to find out what turn we had made it. Then ctrl-f'd the 'New turn in Humanity' thing and hit next X times to make sure that amount of time had passed.

It sounds kind of dumb when I type it out, but it is important not to be Hitler.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
The blitzkrieg actually was only a thing because Hitler was desperate to get to Poland's cap circle after having to wait 2 extra turns for an NAP he'd forgotten about to expire.

There's a video somewhere on the internet of him reacting to it, I think.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Araganzar posted:

The blitzkrieg actually was only a thing because Hitler was desperate to get to Poland's cap circle after having to wait 2 extra turns for an NAP he'd forgotten about to expire.

There's a video somewhere on the internet of him reacting to it, I think.

Some of my current games are slowing due to a practice known as 'submitler'-ing. This is when someone submits their turns at the last moment, making the game turn glacially. The word is a portmanteau of Submit- the term for entering a turn, and Hitler- what you call anyone playing Dom4 who does something that vaguely inconveniences you even a little.

quote:

<Ramc> .tagged hitler
<+skybot> Ramc: nicks tagged "hitler": Çheen, Ġanjamancer, Ħatwer, Ķitfox88, Μorrow, Νuclearmonkee, äbsum, äsdf, böing, ċhickenwing, đecrepus, ëngineerharry, ëveryone, ƒleurs, ƒoolofsound, ġenericoverusedname, ġentleman, ħitler, íloveu, ĵonjoe, ķofi, ĺwindy, mägilzeal, mödpud, ñeruz, ŗej, ŗockyb, šamog, škybot, ţags, vörebane, ωillus

Anyone.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Ramc posted:

Some of my current games are slowing due to a practice known as 'submitler'-ing. This is when someone submits their turns at the last moment, making the game turn glacially. The word is a portmanteau of Submit- the term for entering a turn, and Hitler- what you call anyone playing Dom4 who does something that vaguely inconveniences you even a little.

Anyone.

If you combine submitting your turn at the last moment with then NOT submitting for the new turn right after it's actually called "samoging" and it's extremely good and powerful.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

quote:

18:43] <samog> .q decrepus -1
[18:43] <homero> samog: [28/28] 2016-03-10 <decrepus> <Decrepus> ultimate samog is like if instead of killing him, hitler's cyanide pill unlocked his irresistible and unstoppable power
[18:43] <samog> what the heck.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Corn Update: Brain Reaped Again

In my continuing side-campaign against R’leyh I executed a new plan. I suited up about 40 White Centaurs to go underwater to raze R’leyh’s temples, take their land and generally mess up the place. “But Ramc.” You are saying in concern. “Corn is on like turn 64, R’leyh is going to be sporting Mindhunting. Didn’t you learn anything from Pelagia sniping your underwater raiders in HappyNewbie?”

Well to answer you, dear reader, I did. Meet Brain Reaper:

Empowered in Astral and toting two boosters Brain Reaper is geared to interdict mind hunts with 100% success. I send the WC in to attack and had her accompany the team under stealth. The Rleyh PD was rolled easily and I waited for the next turn to see if the bait had been taken.

The last one was holding his Stellar Focus global. I am sad to report that this gap in the global spell tab did not go unnoticed and I was unable to sneak in my own Stellar Focus. Nazca put up the Gale Gate but nonetheless I want to report an otherwise complete success.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Ramc posted:

In my continuing side-campaign against R’leyh I executed a new plan. I suited up about 40 White Centaurs to go underwater to raze R’leyh’s temples, take their land and generally mess up the place. “But Ramc.” You are saying in concern. “Corn is on like turn 64, R’leyh is going to be sporting Mindhunting. Didn’t you learn anything from Pelagia sniping your underwater raiders in HappyNewbie?”

Empowered in Astral and toting two boosters Brain Reaper is geared to interdict mind hunts with 100% success. I send the WC in to attack and had her accompany the team under stealth. The Rleyh PD was rolled easily and I waited for the next turn to see if the bait had been taken.

The last one was holding his Stellar Focus global. I am sad to report that this gap in the global spell tab did not go unnoticed and I was unable to sneak in my own Stellar Focus. Nazca put up the Gale Gate but nonetheless I want to report an otherwise complete success.

:perfect:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:siren: Corn Update: Anime Belongs in the Trash :siren:

For too long Anime has cast a pall over the game of Corn, attacking kind Pangeae for the simple crime of not collecting body pillows.

We have, at long last, beaten back the enemy to its last redoubt! See the face of the enemy!

In the end it had no mouth to speak its lies and no eyes to view its OAVs. It succumbed, near destruction, to a Petrify of all things.

The world is safe, now, from the menace of Anime. I apologize to all of you who post in the ADTRW forum but I expect it will be closed presently. With that war done, I wonder what everyone else has been up t-

:stare:

(To the player of Shinyu: good game. having the Dai Bakemono sit back shooting arrows and forcing my dudes to come to them broke a lot of scripting because your dudes never rushed into range of Panic and the like.)

(Also, Baudin, Corn froze again on turn 69. Please fix it.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

This was my first game of Dom4 after being out of the loop for a couple of years. Xibalba gave me the customary introduction for returning Dom3 players:

I beat Xibalba in the end, but I was hopelessly far behind so in true :japan: fashion I kamikazed my plane into the biggest capital ship I could see :patriot:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

It was a pretty good war. The biggest strategic problem for me was getting all my guys back from the Marignon Front in time while my local forces held you off. Going for me there was the fact that once you took the lightly defended border stuff our border boiled down to 2 heavily fortifiable chokepoints and one very slow-to-move-through (two caves) choke point, so I was able to put my crews and dryads in the path of the advancing Bakemono menace effectively.

I did luck out a bit though: On that big fight with the bulk of your army I was trying to figure out how to stop you in that prov just past my southern fort when the luck scales showed me the way. They gave me a bag of air, and the realization that my big stack of A2 research throne mages was one turns movement from the only place your deathstack could advance. Loaded up the A3 with gems to cast storm and the rest with a-gems to air-elemental spam in addition to my misc other forces which were basically maenads backed by my PG and misc mages. It was a close fight and I watched it unspoiled by the report. Those Dai-Bakemono just would not loving break until the very end there.

Once that stack was broken and my main force of WC was back in the theatre it was just a slow, careful matter of time to whittle you down without getting tricked somehow.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

quote:

<Treebot> New turn in Corn (83)
<Ramc> sad
<gently caress> ramc I would like to advocate that you invade ulms in hi
<Ramc> go on
<gently caress> he has like four hundred man's on my border
<sloppymilkshake> goddamn ramc
<Ramc> please submit quietly
<Ramc> welcome to pangea
<sloppymilkshake> the bane venoms aren't going to do much
<Ramc> bane venoms were not my primary plan here
<sloppymilkshake> the whole taking nearly all of my empire in one turn probably will though
<Ramc> I only have like 2 bane venom dudes
<Ramc> tbf
<Ramc> I was busy doing other stuff
<Ramc> do you like my vampire names
<sloppymilkshake> hold on let me know you something
<Ramc> wow these graphs
<Ramc> i hope your upkeep isn't too expensive
<sloppymilkshake> http://imgur.com/kbeQGhJ
<sloppymilkshake> i didn't even watch all teh battles let alone look at commander names
<Ramc> bad things happened
* Nidnem (~Mendin@synIRC-7CF24B74.cinci.res.rr.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 182 seconds)
<Ramc> you did win one fight though
<sloppymilkshake> aw my god died
* Harrower (Mibbit@51962E7A.2EDBA162.88C6D97A.IP) has joined #dom4goons
<Ramc> he did
<sloppymilkshake> fuckin rude
<Ramc> Prophet did too
<Riidi> (6:38:28 PM) sloppymilkshake: http://imgur.com/kbeQGhJ
<Riidi> that's a lot of battles.
<willus> 11:38 AM <sloppymilkshake> http://imgur.com/kbeQGhJ
<willus> lmao

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Corn is over. Treebot is down, and with him the RIP announcements in IRC, so please accept this dramatic interpretation of what MIGHT have happened when Corn turned for the last time.

I will try to put together an after action report of this magical game in the next few days.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I have trouble believing that is not an actual irc log

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Did this not happen???

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Did this not happen???

I like to think I captured the soul of the channel.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

CORN PART ONE: ONE A-MAIZE-ING GAME

It is finally over.

Corn started as a vanilla MA game with a HIDDEN GIMMICK much-alluded to by the game’s creator, samog. Basically samog was constantly asking for the first 50 turns if I had figured out the secret of Corn until he revealed the secret on turn 50.

quote:

[19:37] <Treebot> corn: turn 40, TTH 20:15:23, 5/10 left to submit, 1 AIs
[19:37] <samog> if corn hits turn fifty without ramc figuring it out i will announce the secret of corn
[19:38] <jsoh> oh
[19:38] <jsoh> i thought it ws at 50 already
[19:38] <jsoh> dang my research is really loving good
01[19:38] <Ramc> okay
01[19:38] <Ramc> I'm not really trying to figure it out.
[19:39] <jsoh> your going to feel like a total dipshit fyi
[19:40] <willus> corm
02[19:40] * Cecil_old (~Cecil@synIRC-F64B060D.austin.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: )
01[19:40] <Ramc> I don't think I will feel like a dipshit.

The secret, it turns out, was that not only was it was the same map as Seo (an all sites revealed game that is STILL RUNNING afaik) but also the same sites, so if you were in Seo you might know where to search. I stole mages of all stripes and searched everything everywhere anyway so it might as well have been sites revealed for me. My actual footprint in Seo was so small and remote from my Pangaea placement that it was mostly irrelevant except I remembered that the Shattered Throne also had a 2nd blood discount site on it but that was in Agartha/Ashdod land soooooo.

Elements of the game have already been alluded to earlier in the thread. You heard LP Superstar Gabriel Pope tell you how he was attacked by Xibalba off the bat (get it, off the bat?). He was beaten to his own cap before he broke out, killed Xibalba’s earth snake, Cao Dai (played by kongming) or something, and pushed Xibalba all the way back with the help of Agartha and Pythium I think. Maybe Bandar Log? Gabriel Pope was running an Idol of Sorcery with Astral and Death magic, as you've seen earlier, named Anime. Pythium got Xibalba's cap, finally destroying Xibalba on turn 43 or something.

Ulm got eaten too though, by Agartha in part and maybe also Pythium. I have no idea what Ulm (played by Frankenfreak) had as a god except that it was called The Riddler and that Ulm AI'd on turn 10. Pythium had a Great Black Bull named Ferdinand the Black who was at least N9 and played by howeareu.

My own expansion was pretty good. I had an awake White Bull named Bovie Dick who I will show off later. N9E4 to start. Regenerating WC and an awake Awe bull expand pretty well and I got a good swath of land to start. I eventually put up Mother Oak. Agartha puts up Earth Blood Deep Well and Eternal Pyre. Agartha's god, Cornepone, Lord of the South was an awake F6 Red Dragon and did the pyre. Agartha was played by Sloppymilkshake. I am pretty sure Rleyh had Eyes of God for awhile before losing it when Agartha burned it out. I think he recast it again then lost it again too. Who knows:

quote:

[08:15] <Treebot> New turn in corn (48)
[08:18] <Teens> why are people fighting about eyes of god so hard in corn lmao
[08:19] <Harrower> keep your greedy peepers off my bepis
[08:19] <AcousticKitty> why not
[08:19] <Culka> it's nice to see graphs I guess
03[08:21] * ncms (~and@7881F193:5BD028D3:BC953672:IP) has joined #dom4goons
03[08:28] * chickenwork (~webirc@5BADA06B.E20527F1.E748572F.IP) has joined #dom4goons
[08:29] <Teens> yeah but i cast eyes of god and then some guy overcast it on me
[08:29] <Teens> and then some guy over cast it on that guy
[08:31] <Harrower> i think that just means everyone has too many gems and some one should be wishing for armageddon like its their job

(teens is jsoh for some reason)

gently caress the ocean, as the kids say. Rleyh was played by jng2058 and his god was an awake E5W3(?) Wyrm named Sharper Than. He died a lot throughout this game so I am not 100% sure his starting paths.

Ashdod was big and swole for awhile and also had an N9 White Bull god called Bolshie Cow 2: This Time Not a Jew and was played by RockyB. They butchered Arco right off the bat I think. Arco was someone named Willfrey and I never even saw their god, Whammertime. He was the King of Kings, the King of Foothills and the Vessel of Might. Who loving knows.

Ashdod attacked Nazca, then Nazca dunked thousands of gold of Ashdod giants. Ashdod then chain-staled and AI’d and were devoured. Mostly by Agartha. Nazca had crazy research because he had an awake Great Sage named A Spreadsheet of Width and Girth. It was played by jsoh and is, I'm pretty sure, the same PG he had in Humanity.

quote:

[21:06] <Treebot> New turn in corn (45). Gone AI: MA Ashdod
[21:06] <Treebot> Potential stales, estimating from 25s before hosting. Not submitted: MA Marignon
[21:06] <homero> _.------._
[21:06] <homero> | RIP |
[21:06] <homero> | ASHDOD |
[21:06] <homero> |__________|
[21:06] <homero> |____________|
[21:06] <lwindy> thx
[21:07] <jsoh> lmao
[21:07] <jsoh> mega kill

R’leyh lunged from the sea at me a bit before all this. I took the Throne of Air prov, and noticed a giant Illithid stack next to it. I faded back, avoided a fight, then decapitated the stack with dryads (stealing an S5 illthid in the process) and moved in. The fight was documented earlier:

Ramc posted:

I am in some other games too.

4623gp in troops and commanders lost or seduced.

WELCOME TO PANGEA EVERYBODY PARTY

After that I more or less constantly harassed R’leyh with aqua dryads, stole a lot of illithids and slave mages, and seen previously, killed his god with a dryad:

Ramc posted:

Is that R'leyh's PG in my candles?
Oh man he isn't looking so hot... wait... do I have a dryad in that province?

Can it beat a bunch of fish and shrimp?

:boom:

Before all that brain reaping, though, Marignon had gotten into a war with Nazca and Bandar Log. I ended up swooping in as well.

quote:

Session Time: Thu Apr 14 00:00:00 2016
[10:10] <Mukip> [unintelligible yelling]

It turned out this was when Ashdod hit Nazca, though, so it was mostly me and Bandar Log. With my mobility I was able to get the biggest piece of the Marignon pie- though Pyth sniped a throne from Marignon. Mari was played by Mukip who was once more using his Virtue that he had won a previous game with. World Champ Bloody Mary had some Air and Fire and spent a lot of time thugging it out, but earned some afflictions from it.

Bandar Log, played by Z the IVth, managed to kill a lot of Mari’s mages, though, and a few large armies with quakes and impressive stellar spam. Also impressive was Bandar's god, ANOTHER N9E? White Bull, named Exalted Chateaubriand managed to mega-dunk like 600 Marignon exbows with screening and earthquake. I managed to steal a few Grand Masters from Mari during the war which I promptly put boots of youth on. I kept accidentally taking provinces because I was sneaking packs of 40 WC into provs. They'd get discovered, then KILL EVERYTHING.

quote:

19:05] <Treebot> New turn in corn (44)
[19:05] <Treebot> Potential stales, estimating from 46s before hosting. Not submitted: MA Ashdod
[19:06] <Cheen> WHAT IS THE SECRET OF CORN
[19:07] <Cecil_old> .show
01[19:10] <Ramc> huh
01[19:10] <Ramc> Well I didn't mean to take that mari prov
01[19:10] <Ramc> but ok
01[19:10] <Ramc> next time, patrollers, you see 40 WC
01[19:10] <Ramc> just
01[19:10] <Ramc> let them go past

Eventually, well...

quote:

[20:15] <Treebot> New turn in corn (46). Gone AI: MA Marignon
[20:15] <homero> _.--------._
[20:15] <homero> | RIP |
[20:15] <homero> | MARIGNON |
[20:15] <homero> |____________|
[20:15] <homero> |______________|
[20:28] <Morrow> y'know I'm really digging the rip thing
[20:35] <Baudin> ya
[20:58] <zhuge_bumpkin> lol
01[21:01] <Ramc> the RIP thing is amazing

(treebot come back)

Shinyu hit me as the Mari war was winding down and well you all know how that went now. Pythium put up Arcane Nexus (which knocked the Gale Gate Nazca had put up in the slot cleared by Rleyh losing Stellar Focus to Brainreapgate) and started raking in pearls.

Pangaea, Pythium, Agartha, Nazca, Rleyh and Bandar Log moved toward the endgame.

I'll put up part 2 later as it is where I have more actual screenshots, and thus more 'work' to do uploading them.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 17, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Corn part 2: Insert Corny Joke Here

During this whole Shinu war (during which I put up Gift of Health), R’lyeh lunged for Nazca, kicking Nazca off the Pantokrator throne and setting up shop. Nazca initially countered by putting up Foul Air and dropping rocks on the illithids, but Foul Air was quickly dispelled by Pythium. R’leyh managed to get a castle on the throne but was, very eventually, pushed back into the sea. When this happened I noticed something.

Skyfall… didn’t Brain Reaper reap someone named Skyfall? One of those was his prophet? Scoooore. R’leyh went AI not long thereafter.

It came to pass that after Shinu went down, Agartha and Nazca went to war, with me jumping in not long after, aiming to snipe the Awe and Pantokrator thrones from Nazca before Agartha could get them. The fights were pretty one-sided when they happened:

Jsoh turned inward, beleaguered by Earth Elemental Attacks. Near the end I put up Astral Corruption, which knocked out my own Gift of Health, to ‘solve’ the Arcane Nexus problem. This didn’t get everyone to immediately rush me for some reason. Jsoh, nearly toast, put forth an ultimatum under one of his many tasteful alternative nicknames.

quote:

03[00:36] * gently caress (~androirc@synIRC-96ED69D0.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #dom4goons
[00:36] <gently caress> go
[00:36] <gently caress> hi*
[00:36] <gently caress> whoever wins the death match in corn can have all of my poo poo
02[00:36] * gently caress (~androirc@synIRC-96ED69D0.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Quit: gently caress)

Wanting that, I tricked out a Bakemono Sorcerer I stole from Shinu. What did AI R’leyh put out the-

er ok… uhh… is that his GOD on the left?

Well uh I got this… maybe?

hhahah are you serious

Sharper Than has had an ignominious ascension war it feels.

I got hundreds of gems from Nazca and boatloads of just random boosters and swag. It was very good.

All this time I have been infiltrating Agartha with vampires because my dom pushes waaay into theirs. Not long after this I smash into him with horrors and vampires and stealthed squads of dudes. I more or less do this right after getting Pantokrator throne because it puts me 3 points from winning and I am convinced that everyone will realized this and jump me.

quote:

<Treebot> New turn in Corn (83)
<Ramc> sad
<gently caress> ramc I would like to advocate that you invade ulms in hi
<Ramc> go on
<gently caress> he has like four hundred man's on my border
<sloppymilkshake> goddamn ramc
<Ramc> please submit quietly
<Ramc> welcome to pangea
<sloppymilkshake> the bane venoms aren't going to do much
<Ramc> bane venoms were not my primary plan here
<sloppymilkshake> the whole taking nearly all of my empire in one turn probably will though
<Ramc> I only have like 2 bane venom dudes
<Ramc> tbf
<Ramc> I was busy doing other stuff
<Ramc> do you like my vampire names
<sloppymilkshake> hold on let me know you something
<Ramc> wow these graphs
<Ramc> i hope your upkeep isn't too expensive
<sloppymilkshake> http://imgur.com/kbeQGhJ
<sloppymilkshake> i didn't even watch all teh battles let alone look at commander names
<Ramc> bad things happened
<Ramc> you did win one fight though
<sloppymilkshake> aw my god died
<Ramc> he did
<sloppymilkshake> fuckin rude
<Ramc> Prophet did too
<Riidi> (6:38:28 PM) sloppymilkshake: http://imgur.com/kbeQGhJ
<Riidi> that's a lot of battles.
<willus> 11:38 AM <sloppymilkshake> http://imgur.com/kbeQGhJ
<willus> lmao

I would rather betray the world than have it betray me.

I proceed to put up Looming Hell to fill the global gap left by Cornpone’s death and utterly gently caress up my coup de grace on the Agartha 3pt throne in Smacia. No screenshots, but basically he cast storm which stopped my mass-flight-mistform killrush and had better damage casters. It was a mess. The entire game turns into a brutal slog. Bandar and Pyth attack and the next god knows how many turns are spent grinding down their assaults and sloooowly turning back the tide. AI Nazca and Rleyh are dom-killed by accident as this happens. Pyth has mass enslave armies, Agartha turtles between its forts and Bandar Log launches a surprise demon attack led by a demon lord named Decrepus.

Decrepus is killed uncerimoniously by a cast of banish demon by a vampire.

EDIT: I just want to assure everyone that technically Decrepus was not killed, but instead banished to his hell dimension of origin.

Eventually, it is decided that while my win is a foregone conclusion, it would be an extremely eventual one so my enemies agreed to concede. A few turns later, the land of Corn has a new Pantokrator:

Bovie Dick
Early on a random event gave me a copper arm and I was like 'hell yes I will put this on my bull god and give him a shield'. Later he would hold boosters. With GoH up he had over 1000 hp in deep candles. Sadly, I never used a 20% regenerating trampling vine shield awe bull in random combat because this is dominions and he'd get feebleminded or something. I empowered him in blood so he could reinvigorate, and in air so he could do Rain of Stones if it came to it. It never did. He held Gift of Health and Mother Oak.

Call him Ishmael. Surviving from turn 1, he got the +protection heroic ability and combined with high HP, regen from a ring and regen from a bless was generally invincible. I only ever used him to thug attack once though, because this is dominions and something stupid would probably happen and he'd die.

Taurotyranos the Black Bull was an MVP of this game. Laboriously bootstrapping him up into death to cast my first vampire was a preoccupation of the early and midgame. Later, I empowered him in blood further to cast Looming Hell. He did a lot of misc demon summoning and rituals. Jsoh saw him in the Forest of Gun- his usual hangout- and thought he was my god and that I forgot to rename my god. Even though, you know, you can just look in the gods of the world thing.

Just Popping In To Say Anime Is Bad's real name is lost to history. He was stolen from Shinuyama and had his arm fall off. I was going to have him pop into Anime's final fort and earthquake until he died, but then realized if Shinuyama attacked ME first in a breakout that I would repeatedly mega-own myself with earthquakes. I changed the orders and JPitSAiB lived- Shinu totally did try to break out that turn too. He went on to be my arena champ, get Battle Bellow and get empowered in Air to be a RoS trap for Pyth that was never sprung.

This is on You, R’leyh was the S5 starspawn I stole when Rleyh hit the throne of air in part 1. I empowered him up slowly in blood just in case I needed an Astral Corruption caster.

And it turns out I did.

Mykale the Godslayer is the dryad who seduce-killed Rleyh's god. A few turns before the end she sold her soul to demonic powers for Tainted Leadership and Blood 1. I mean once you've killed a god why half-rear end anything, right?

Voiced by David Warner is the Heliophagus of Fire (I summoned all 4). I tricked him out and used him to bait a nasty firestorm trap.

1100+ kills nasty. He is in the hall of fame but because he is unique-unique, he doesn't get a red star power. Lame!

Brain Reaper went on to be a support wizard, popping Antimagic and soul-slay. After the disasterous fights at Smacia she ended up spending several turns sneaking back to friendly territory.

Gorlion is another Heliophagus and he was just a lot of fun to jump around to low-to-moderately defended provs and gently caress them up with reanimate 50 shadow blasts.

Free Kelp is a humble mage, stolen from Rleyh early, then named Slave Kelp. He went on to study with us, but was afflicted by a disease by a Harvester of Sorrows Shinu sent my way. He nearly died, accuring 4 afflictions that were slowly healed by GoH. Free Kelp is a shining example of how Pangaea is the big drat hero of this game.

Provinces. It tells the story.

The Fort Graph. Everyone else stagnated, I kept building and expanding.

Income. You can really see where Pyth hit me.

Gems. I had Mother Oak up all game but most important was my rainbow site searching all over. My income was extremely good and diverse.

Education can only get you so far.

My dominion push was very aggressive. I templed all over and had the Bureaucracy throne since the early game, and the Pantokrator throne on top of that near the end. I would send stealth dryads and stolen inquisitor-flagged friars to preach down borders. This was all very important for my vampires.

Maenads are real and they are good.

Final Map.

Corn...

It's over Samog.

I did it.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 19, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Ramc posted:

Bandar Log launches a surprise demon attack by a demon lord named Decrepus.

Decrepus is killed uncerimoniously by a cast of banish demon by a vampire.

hosed up but true.

e: I was not killed I was banished please make this clear in your post

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 19, 2016

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
corm

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Ok I did it.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

hosed up but true.

You actually ate a Life for a Life and died. Or whatever the Blood Equivalent of a Soul Slay is.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So, Ramc, have you gone from "yeah, I'll get one Dom 4 key if no one else wants it" to "I'll guess I'l win all the games now" in less than a year, or am I imagining things?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

So, Ramc, have you gone from "yeah, I'll get one Dom 4 key if no one else wants it" to "I'll guess I'l win all the games now" in less than a year, or am I imagining things?

It looks like, judging by my post history in this thread, that I got the key in December so that is entirely accurate.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

AC completely hosed me up. i was using tons of earth attacks and agartha summons because i had both the fire and earth gem gens. i should have pushed a lot more heavily into blood :shrug:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

You actually ate a Life for a Life and died. Or whatever the Blood Equivalent of a Soul Slay is.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

I thought it was banish, but it could have been either. It was 4 vampires spamming both those spells if I remember.

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

AC completely hosed me up. i was using tons of earth attacks and agartha summons because i had both the fire and earth gem gens. i should have pushed a lot more heavily into blood :shrug:

I was pretty sure I would win the attrition war with you eventually because of that, even if I was having a lot of trouble destroying your statues, olms and magma kids (though Magma Kids ate a few bad plagues) in a straight-up fight, they were difficult to replace. Eventually I'd get them just from standard Pan commander attrition making you shed them here and there. Looming Hell was mostly disappointing, but now and then managed to kill some decent hero commander from Pythium, or a rando dude who happened to be holding the gate cleaver and 30 gems. Once you started using Earth Attacks on me with AC up I figured that was a good sign.

I'd probably have domkilled you before I destroyed all your doomstacks though at the rate things were going.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ramc posted:

Once you started using Earth Attacks on me with AC up I figured that was a good sign.

i actually only lost one of the casters to horrors iirc, e5s with body guards can handle horrors more or less

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i actually only lost one of the casters to horrors iirc, e5s with body guards can handle horrors more or less

Did you just stop because they weren't doing much?

(I learned that having a float-y ring made you immune to earth attack, so I ended up putting them on any vulnerable dudes in my Smacia assault stack so most earth attacks would be funneled to my Prophet. I still, you know, lost those attacks on Smacia, but I didn't lose any commanders!)

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i ran out of earth gems because you took all my damned lands!!!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i ran out of earth gems because you took all my damned lands!!!

You still had the EBDW! I only killed your Eternal Pyre holder in the initial assault!

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ramc posted:

You still had the EBDW! I only killed your Eternal Pyre holder in the initial assault!

That's only ten gems a turn and I started summoning statutes to hold up walls

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Bandar Log from Corn

So corn was my very first Dom4 game ever. Nevermind the secret of corn, I was more worried about surviving.

I started off with a white bull like the pros - N9W4E4 with a very rough plan to leverage the celestial summons as my lategame.

My initial expansion went ok with elephants. I waved at Marignon when I saw him but didn't commit to a NAP. After a while our borders met and I started seeing piles of crossbowmen massing. I offer Mukip of Mari a NAP but he turns it down. About this time Nazca puts up eyes and starts to yell about how gigantic Mari is and how he needs to die. Nazca hits him, and I follow up the next turn when my throne fort completes.

He asks me why I hit him, and I inform him that I am a newbie driving a subpar nation.

Unfortunately monkeys suck, and I didn't have enough summons to make a proper attack army. Mukip drives me back to my original borders with Flaming Crossbowmen. His first incursion runs into suicide Yogis casting Magic Duel and he loses all the astral mages in that army, including the Flaming Arrows caster. He regroups and pushes again, and loses about 50% of it along with all his mages to Yakshas casting Earthquake.

By this time I was really on the ropes. I was literally living gem income to gem income and was transmuting stuff I might need next turn for gems now to fuel the war against the mad Mukips of Marignon. Despite the setbacks, Mari is huge, and manages to bottle both me and Nazca into a stalemate. ramc joins the fight at this point, nibbling away at hid southern borders.

Finally mukips launches his Final Solution to the Monkey Problem and rolls into my forted throne province with 400 xbows and a huge pile of fire mages. He traps my army and my god into that throne province and starts to specieist taunts at me on IRC.

mukips posted:

Mukips: How is it like in that province with 300 monkeys throwing poo poo everywhere?

Mukips: I will show you what happens when monkeys meet real soldiers.

Paraphrased - I don't have logs.

Mukips: When are you coming out?

My answer happens when the turn counter rolls around. I had finished Thaum 5 and my army of white monkeys were finally armed. In the battle ramc describes mukips mighty men get tarpitted by a horde of screaming markata and bombarded into oblivion by stellar cascades.

This was a turning point in the war. I think losing every single major engagement to a n00b broke something and mukips effectively gave up after that. Neither Nazca nor myself could kill him, but he couldn't kill us either and in the end he was eaten by Pan. How the mighty have fallen.

Unfortunately that war pretty much finished my chances as well. My expansion was stuck, and I was now bordered by Pan (which I couldn't fight), Ashdod (who I couldn't use my dirty tricks on and who also had a heavily garrisoned border) and Shinuyama who was busy having a slapfight with Xibalba. I didn't have enough troops to fight a war on foreign soil AND defend my territory at the same time, and I had no doubt the moment I moved any or all of my others neighbours would tear me apart. None of them were involved in any wars and peace reigned.

So I did what anyone else in my situation did. I bunkered up and started summoning demons.

The rest of the game is p much as ramc describes it. When he gets within 1 throne of victory we all dogpile him. By this point we all know his victory is all but assured barring a literal rock falling on his head, but myself, Pyth and Agartha have a go at stabbing him anyway.

Luck 3 gave me some amazing things this game:

Banner of the Northern Star which let my monkeys start making GBS threads out stellar cascades immediately.

Adepts of Flame who helped me make Lightless Lanterns.

Circle and Lore Masters who broke me into Blood.

Thoughts on the game in general.

T3S3L3M3 is a gambler's scale. It's amazing when it gives you 1000s of gold and gems, but in between the boom times things can be p painful.

Ramc may be the devil but he's an excellent working partner. 10/10 would conspire towards world domination again
Scaling the mountain of memes in search of wisdom from the feet of nuclearmonkee is never a wasted effort.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

It felt like you kept on getting cut off from expansion options. Pythium lunged in to cut off Ashdod as it went AI and imploded. I was hoping you'd get a border with Agartha when you scavenged Shinuyama but Pythium snuck in there too. I was hoping to get you on board to dog pile Agartha in an earlier plan. Pythium and I had a vague plan to jump Agartha too, but once I got all but one of the thrones I needed I didn't think that was going to be a thing anymore.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I was Pythium for the first, I think, 55~ turns of the game. This was the 3rd(!!) time I've played MA Pythium in a game and it was the one time I'd finally managed to survive to the end game in a position of actual strength. Unfortunately, I by the time turn 55 or so rolled around I had to leave on extended travel and turned over the nation to Atlanton, who subbed for the remainder of the game.

MA Pythium is unique in that it has recruitable sacred "communicant" units who act as "batteries" for Pythium's formidable Astral mages. You have the opportunity to make communion shenanigans like no other nation in the game. My goal once I'd helped Shinuyama murder Xibalba was to 1) research and put up the global spell Arcane Nexus in order to reap essentially unlimited Astral Pearls and 2) research the extremely high level Astral battlefield spell "Master Enslave". MA Pythium, with its overflowing abundance of disposable communicants and extremely high level Astral mages is perhaps the most uniquely suited nation in the game to cast Master Enslave, a battlefield spell that performs a magic resist check on every. single. enemy unit and enslaves them to your will if they fail. The spell is Astral 8 to cast, but with Pythium's Astral 4 cap-only mages plust a booster or two, some penetration items, and a glut of communicants it becomes almost easy to spam, even on the very first turn of a battle.

The global enchantment Arcane Nexus is a massively powerful Astral spell that requires a significant investment in Astral Magic boosters and mage empowerment to cast. The spell does two things: First it generates a handful of Pearls for you each turn, somewhere between 12-16, pretty nice but not worth the cost of the enchantment in and of itself. Second, it generates additional Pearls based upon the gem expenditure of every single other nation in the game. If Pangaea spent 10 water gems on a Bottle of Living Water then Arcane Nexus would refund me 5 Astral Pearls. If Agartha spent 55 air gems casting Fairy Queen's Court I would get 26-27 Astral Pearls. You also get refunded for the gems you spend. Blood slaves and Astral Pearl expenditures don't apply, but it is a tremendously powerful global spell and in my experience nets on average anywhere from 60-100 additional Pearls a turn. Pythium loves Pearls not only because of its powerful native Astral mages and communions but also because the nation has access to several unique Angelic summons that conjure up extremely strong, robust, and mobile Angels that are both high level mages and very high level priests. These are Angels that have the magic paths to cast spells that will burn armies to ash all on their own, yet are robust enough to actually be able to do that.

Anyway I had to abandon the game just a couple of turns before I'd researched Master Enslave. Atlanton, who took over my nation, is the guy who can tell you what happened next.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

even after atlanton cast strands i was still going apeshit making fire babby and big statue so that's like +15 pearls at least from me alone

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I did slow down on my non-blood non-astral summons and forging after it was cast. I still did some of course, but I didn't do it trivially. The Nexus did make me look at astral forging and realize that the shroud of the battle saint was incredibly good for me and I made a bunch and put them on non-sacred commanders. My bless was like N9E4 for regen, +hp and reinvigoration, but also from thrones my troops also got Air Shield(40% chance to block arrows and stuff), +attack, Awe and probably some stuff I forgot.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I won another game where everyone's god was given the Earth Snake chassis if anyone is keeping score. It was such a slog.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Ramc posted:

I just started reading Dom LP like yesterday and this post is art, thank you.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Voyager I posted:

I just started reading Dom LP like yesterday and this post is art, thank you.

I do it for the fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

quote:

<Treebot> New turn in BackToBasics (80). Defeated: MA C'tis, MA Oceania
<homero> _.--------------._
<homero> | RIP |
<homero> | C'TIS, OCEANIA |
<homero> |__________________|
<homero> |____________________|
<Ramc> :touchdown dance:
<samog> https://68.media.tumblr.com/2c21ffc566a454738643e3b5ef8dc756/tumblr_odpw1k4koz1rhe8jbo1_1280.jpg
<Atlanton> did you iron blizzard to victory?
<Atlanton> i was so out of the loop that game between the non-irc neighbors and not having a single loving indy scout province

I also won Rats, which was an indygen + Cataclysm + thrones.dm game where jsoh (new forums name Violent Sex Idiot) kept joke banning me from the game before it started and then I won anyway because my nation had sacred centaurs.

• Locked thread