Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hulkamatt on twitter said to make a new one of these threads. Put your spoilers here but don't put them behind spoiler tags because that's the rules. No company is safe from their results being posted here, so browse at your own peril of getting wrestling matches like pentagon jr. being the Lucha underground champion ruined for you. Rumors & betting lines are good too because a lot of times they turn out to be legitimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

thank you friend.

it's a new era where smackdown is no longer going to have spoilers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

thank you friend.

it's a new era where smackdown is no longer going to have spoilers.

The Holidays and when they tour overseas

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bayley :negative:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

She's in a better place

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Sexy Star becomes Lucha Underground Champion during Aztec Warfare 3

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Responding to a thing from the last thread:

Benne posted:

They're already paying Nakamura main roster money and sticking him in NXT longterm is a comical waste of his talents.

There is an argument to be made that with the oncoming death of television via the internet that NXT is just as valuable a place for him as Raw, since he will be promoted on the television shows anyway. He will still be on the best show of the three and proceed to have the best matches. The Wrestlemania weekend NXT show was roughly ten orders of magnitude better than Wrestlemania. If Nakamura is making main roster money, then gently caress it, who gives a poo poo?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nakamura was told Sunday he wasn't being called up. He also felt he needed more time in NXT

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

There is an argument to be made that with the oncoming death of television via the internet that NXT is just as valuable a place for him as Raw, since he will be promoted on the television shows anyway. He will still be on the best show of the three and proceed to have the best matches. The Wrestlemania weekend NXT show was roughly ten orders of magnitude better than Wrestlemania. If Nakamura is making main roster money, then gently caress it, who gives a poo poo?

If you're making main roster money without having to be on the road 300 days a year, that sounds like a pretty loving sweet deal.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

He's also (apparently, based on stuff I've read here) selling a fuckton of merchandise despite "merely" being in NXT, so while there's a case to be made that the WWE could theoretically turn him into an über-draw with a move up, I'd assume they're already pretty happy with what he's bringing in.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Do people in NXT get a cut of their merch?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Keeping Nakamura in NXT as Champion is the smartest possible thing for them to do, and I'm loving shocked that anyone believes otherwise. He can anchor that brand for 2 years basically alone if necessary, and as long as he's not getting screwed on either money OR merch, which all accounts say he's not, he's better off doing that than risking the pitfalls at the top of the mountain. I don't think I need to list all the reasons why anyone should be skeptical of Nakamura being properly pushed outside of NXT. Yes, in theory he could sell more T-shirts if he's pushed like Cena on Raw than he is being pushed like Cena in NXT, but there's a heck of a lot of risk with that reward when he could be the next idling Upper Midcarder like Sami Zayn instead.

That being said, as soon as he drops the belt Samoa Joe should be on Smackdown (or Raw, but realistically Smackdown needs him more esp. after the draft). And Austin Aries and Hideo Itami should also be called up post-haste after feuding with and falling to Nakamura. If all three of those guys aren't on the main rosters in 4-6 months it's a huge ball-dropping on WWE's part. Clear those three out and give their slots to Bobby ROOOOOOOO, No Way Jose and maybe PERFECT 10 if the reports that they're pumping the brakes on Almas are true.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Prince Puma is really a Mayan.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should just give Almas his mask back and put him in the suit, it's a million times better than the Latino American Males getup he has now.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Prince Puma is really a Mayan.

Reported for racism

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

Keeping Nakamura in NXT as Champion is the smartest possible thing for them to do, and I'm loving shocked that anyone believes otherwise. He can anchor that brand for 2 years basically alone if necessary, and as long as he's not getting screwed on either money OR merch, which all accounts say he's not, he's better off doing that than risking the pitfalls at the top of the mountain. I don't think I need to list all the reasons why anyone should be skeptical of Nakamura being properly pushed outside of NXT. Yes, in theory he could sell more T-shirts if he's pushed like Cena on Raw than he is being pushed like Cena in NXT, but there's a heck of a lot of risk with that reward when he could be the next idling Upper Midcarder like Sami Zayn instead.

That being said, as soon as he drops the belt Samoa Joe should be on Smackdown (or Raw, but realistically Smackdown needs him more esp. after the draft). And Austin Aries and Hideo Itami should also be called up post-haste after feuding with and falling to Nakamura. If all three of those guys aren't on the main rosters in 4-6 months it's a huge ball-dropping on WWE's part. Clear those three out and give their slots to Bobby ROOOOOOOO, No Way Jose and maybe PERFECT 10 if the reports that they're pumping the brakes on Almas are true.

Nakamura is getting up there in age and his body is not in great shape. I doubt the guy left NJPW to not be on the biggest stage possible and I doubt WWE signed him for the kind of money it would take to get him to come over to do that either. He needs to be in front of as many people as possible as soon as possible because the product needs as much new as it can get. Meanwhile a guy like Itami should probably be in NXT a bit longer because he wasn't making the transition especially well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Nakamura is getting up there in age and his body is not in great shape. I doubt the guy left NJPW to not be on the biggest stage possible and I doubt WWE signed him for the kind of money it would take to get him to come over to do that either. He needs to be in front of as many people as possible as soon as possible because the product needs as much new as it can get. Meanwhile a guy like Itami should probably be in NXT a bit longer because he wasn't making the transition especially well.

What about Joe?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

What about Joe?

Joe originally signed a contract they would let him do NXT and indies so I don't have as much of a problem with keeping him down another six months or so.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chris James 2 posted:

What about Joe?

He's fat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vince will push Joe to the moon for about a month before somebody tells him that he's actually not part of the Anoa'i family

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I was really surprised that they put Balor out with the draft. I would have thought that they would have done something separate to debut him and make him special. One would think that is why Bayley, Nakamura, etc. are not called up yet because they want them all to make a splash.

I am really surprised by the Smackdown roster. It is EXTREMELY light and with Cena and presumably Orton moving to a more part time schedule there isn't much there at both the top and middle of the card. I am really worried what that show is going to look like come the winter since there isn't much meat on the bone with those perspective feuds. As was feared Raw still looks like the "A" show where Smackdown is still mostly forgettable even with the split PPVs. I can't wait to hear what the thought process was behind this in the coming days.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

Nakamura's age and ever-shrinking upside is the most reasonable argument for bringing him up immediately, I'm certainly willing to admit that. And of course what Nakamura wants is a factor, if he wants to roll the bones on the Main Roster and risk the damage a failed push or a long-term trip through the Midcard Lost Woods because (insert anything from race to funny accent to Vince's whimsical fancies here) could do to his value because he's hungry for those stadium crowds, I'd not be the one to tell him otherwise. I'm just saying that the way the stars are aligned right now, his situation is stable, lucrative and not a big strain on his health, all of which could disappear in a split second once he moves up.

And that's not even discussing NXT's part of the equation, and the health of that brand does clearly matter to people in WWE even if its never going to be a money making part of the company.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Spoilers for NXT

NXT sucks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

yea ok posted:

Hulkamatt on twitter said to make a new one of these threads. Put your spoilers here but don't put them behind spoiler tags because that's the rules. No company is safe from their results being posted here, so browse at your own peril of getting wrestling matches like pentagon jr. being the Lucha underground champion ruined for you. Rumors & betting lines are good too because a lot of times they turn out to be legitimate.

But Pentagon Jr isn't LU champion.

Pentagon Dark is. :getin:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Spoilers for NXT

NXT sucks.

lets put a positive spin on this since negativity is a bad thing

'nxt has the potential to be better than it currently is, and hopefully they take steps to actuate that potential'

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jubs posted:

Do people in NXT get a cut of their merch?

Yep

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So are they actually going to try and push Strowman in singles?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Benne posted:

Vince will push Joe to the moon

And then Joe will become the moon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sticky Nate posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

lets put a positive spin on this since negativity is a bad thing

'nxt has the potential to be better than it currently is, and hopefully they take steps to actuate that potential'

'NXT still looks better than SD'

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sticky Nate posted:

Matanza is pinned for the first time by Rey Mysterio. Pentagon Jr is taken out by three superior wrestlers.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

If anything Itami may be the guy built to dethrone Nakamura, but I still think Nakamura would also be the guy to elevate Tommy End to the NXT title picture/NXT Final Boss of 2017 role if he impresses as much as I think he will.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There needs to be another half hour or hour to NXT each week. Each guy gets like...one televised match a month. I feel like nobody does anything in between Takeovers. Except for Nakamura/Finn and Joe/Sami

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nobody would do anything in an extra half hour they would just do more nothing

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Does the current real life Lucha underground champion get to carry the belt with them to other Indy's, or would it be the champ as seen on TV at the time? Or do they not get to physically bring the belt with them?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

For those of you who wrote us questioning why Bayley wasn't drafted this past Tuesday to the main WWE roster, you will likely have your answer tonight.

As of last night, the plan has been for Bayley to debut as Sasha Banks' partner tonight aganst Charlotte and Dana. We are told that has been the plan since the mystery partner angle was booked.

It would appear WWE held Bayley off from the Draft to get a big surprise reaction when she appears at the PPV tonight.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

rovert posted:

PWInsider:

So this probably means Layla

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope it's Nikki Bella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bayley didn't wrestle at the local NXT shows this weekend and didn't appear at the show last night.

But PWInsider did get worked by the fan made fan signs at the WWE Draft show.