Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Meti's master was a female Diogenes.

Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Begemot posted:

Meti's master was a female Diogenes.

Perfect.
Her master is also named Meti.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

So Auntie Maya, student of Meti, is "Mathangi Ten Meti". Pree Aesma is apparently also known as Aesma Ten Yondam. Who/what was Yondam?

quote:

Aesma’s master, of course (other than YISUN)

quote:

Q: I feel like I might have misunderstood something. It’s not like “killing six billion demons” doesn’t sound impressive (I know I couldn’t do it!) but I don’t understand why it’s Allison’s name (as well as the commandment that Zoss gave her), suggesting that it will be the great or defining feature of her life. Why is killing a lot of demons/devils important? They seem to be a fully understood and accepted part of the world, even if they can be dangerous. Killing a lot of demons wouldn’t fix anything, it’s the Seven who need to be toppled in order for the realms to change, right?

A: ‘Demon’ is kind of metaphorical here as sort of a stand-in for evil. I’ll also mention that Zoss was addressing Allison, not commanding her (this becomes clearer after the fact though).

The title of the comic was just something snappy and action-y I thought up, and I thought pretty early in the writing process on what it could mean, and I decided it was the prophetic name of the protagonist. It does have some greater (and extremely badass) significance that I hope I’ll get to delve into in the final moments of the comic (if it goes as I’m planning to write it).

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 20, 2016

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Not a noodle chef. A boucher then.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
So wait. Is "Murder The Gods And Topple Their Thrones" part of her name, a second name, or her loving title?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

atomicthumbs posted:

So wait. Is "Murder The Gods And Topple Their Thrones" part of her name, a second name, or her loving title?

Yes :black101: :getin:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

atomicthumbs posted:

More of a mission statement than anything else :black101:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's her name the same way Kill Six Billion Demons is Allison's name.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's her

Operant posted:

prophetic name
:ms:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

It's her saint name. What, you haven't heard of St. Murder The Gods And Topple Their Thrones? Patron saint of duck farmers, Tripoli and curing dropsy.

But seriously, I'd say there's decent odds that it's another title given by Zoss.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Allison ten Starbucks, Kill Six Billion Demons

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

theshim posted:

Allison ten Usagi, Kill Six Billion Demons

ftfy

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maya is absolutely going to cut those guards to loving pieces in about two panels

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tetracube posted:

Maya is absolutely going to cut those guards to loving pieces in about two panels

I vote 0 panels. Next page is a wide shot of Allison saying "Help me or get the gently caress out of my way!"

In the background are a dozen dismembered corpses and little cuts on every surface.

Maya appears not to have moved.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

idk man that reads to me more like a 'hay let's fight' sorta speech than a 'I'm gonna help you' sort

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, I have assumed that Maya will be some sort of rival/enemy to Allison rather than a friend/ally. I guess we'll see soon enough!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Abbadon has posted previously that Auntie Maya is an antagonist.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Maya seems fairly chill, except for the constant allusions to death and violence

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
She can't be an antagonist....

She's so cool. Please team up with Allison instead!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*kills like 35 people while eating noodles with one hand* haha alright, you guys take care now

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
More Tumblr stuff, confirming what I've been saying since that moment happened in the comic:

quote:

This is probably me wandering in wrong direction: You say Jadis is never wrong because she saw the shape of the universe, but she calls Zaid KSBD while Zoss says Alison is. Is this because Zoss is outside of the shape of the universe(?) and can mess around with causality. Also if this is true, I'm guessing Incubus knows this on some level (from dream sequence.)

quote:

You’ll notice that Jadis doesn’t actually say very much in that scene and most of the talking is done by her translator. This is pretty intentional.

(I thought this moment was pretty blatant but I've seen so many people including Jadis as one of the ones who was wrong about Allison and/or that Zaid is actually the Successor.)

Also yes Maya is super cool and also probably not good news for Allison. Long-term. Short-term, she seems better than the alternative.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I noticed she stands counter to the big red dude. Is it likely that she will steal Mottoms power and become a Demiurge by murdering Mottom and toppling her throne? (throwing down her castle)

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

When the noodles are Extremely Good

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Maya can afford to be friendly to Allison. She's just that dangerous.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Maya can afford to be friendly to Allison. She's just that dangerous.

The tricky but, of course, comes when we start defining 'friendly'.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Darth Walrus posted:

The tricky but, of course, comes when we start defining 'friendly'.

In this case, the word 'polite' is more appropriate.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you can tell when shes being friendly because you arent dead yet

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Aren't beggar knights unable to fight except in self defense? So long as Allison doesn't throw the first punch, she'll be fine.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Aren't beggar knights unable to fight except in self defense? So long as Allison doesn't throw the first punch, she'll be fine.

They swear an oath to defend themselves and others, but that just means she's about to kill everyone in that hallway.

Besides, if godhood is on the table people tend to forget the little promises.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

the fact that shes a disciple of Meti but considers herself a student in the principle art of Cutting suggests shes not the most diligent when it comes to these sorts of things

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
You're all going to look foolish when Alison and Maya reconcile their differences in a noodle cook off. Surely a college student, barista, and Ascending King knows the true secrets of ramen. :yum:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
reach heaven through udon

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Ok, now I want a Hostess Fruit Pie resolution to this chapter.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Surely Allison and Maya can reconcile over booze. It wouldn't even require any sing-fighting.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It might not require it, but it had better have it anyway. :colbert:

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Ok, now I want a Hostess Fruit Pie resolution to this chapter.

48 Fruit Pastry Quells the Roaring Hunger was never the most popular of angels, but it got the job done.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love how Maya gets so encouraging in panel four.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Allison is future Royalty. Royalty kills without intention, movement, or thought. It would not take the greatest of leaps in logic for a mendicant to conclude that the only way to keep their oath is to execute all current and future royalty.

To Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones, if you will.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's not that beggar knights aren't able to fight, but that they are not supposed to fight.

Maya might just be really bad at the whole following your vows thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Maybe it doesn't count if you don't see them do it.