Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
us going to golden point is pretty much a guaranteed 2 points for the opposition. Especially when McFadden plays 80 with 16 players.

Manu didn't exactly have a triumphant return either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Chalupa Joe posted:

McFadden not using Lolohea until overtime :ohdear:

Burn down Mount Smart.

What the gently caress is McFadden doing? Ayshford and Manu both could have been benched.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

But his master-stroke of leaving a player on the bench the whole game almost worked :downsbravo:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol Brisbane have missed two certain tries from each centre refusing to pass to the unmarked players around them and just going themselves when they were well covered

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rugby League is a simple game made difficult by simpletons.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Lol Brisbane have missed two certain tries from each centre refusing to pass to the unmarked players around them and just going themselves when they were well covered

Yes but would you pass to Lachlan Maranta??

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

For the first time since I can remember it's actually fun being a Sharks fan.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

elgarbo posted:

For the first time since I can remember it's actually fun being a Sharks fan.

My best mate also knows not what this feeling is.

I believe he described it as "Optimism".

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

14 loving games in a row.

by the sharks

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Finally the drugs are working

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

How loving crushing is the depression going to be when reality kicks in and the curse of Harold Holt takes hold again?

At least the Tigers,Raiders and warriors mete out disappointment in regular doses so we don't get our hopes up too high.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I am fully prepared for the horrors that await in September.

For now, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

elgarbo posted:

I am fully prepared for the horrors that await in September.

For now, I'm just enjoying the ride.

is that you?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

hoping for the storm to humiliate the sharks in the grand final ending, despite him not playing this season, with Billy Slater kneeing gallen in the face and/or testicles.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

The Sydney Morning Herald posted:

Wests Tigers star Robbie Farah dropped from NRL to reserve grade by Jason Taylor

Robbie Farah has been dumped by Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor to NSW Cup but the club insists the NSW hooker's NRL career isn't over.

Farah was a dejected figure after being told the news of his dumping by coach Jason Taylor on Wednesday ahead of the clash against the Dragons, adding further tension to an already fractured relationship.

Fairfax Media understands Taylor is strongly of the opinion Farah doesn't allow young superstars Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks and James Tedesco to play with the same freedom and authority when he is on the field.

The Tigers want their young playmakers calling the shots and while Farah is still considered the state's best hooker, his style doesn't suit the way Taylor wants to play.

"This decision was purely made on what the coach believes is the best for the 80 minutes against St George Illawarra on Sunday," Pascoe told Fairfax Media.

"I would think Robbie is bitterly disappointed but he will commit and work as hard as he has throughout his career to get himself back in the NRL team.

"Every sporting club employs a coach to chose the best team they believe will give them the best winning chance each week. This is and never will be a board or CEO decision."

Farah has been dropped from the NRL squad despite playing all three matches for NSW in this year's State of Origin series. He was initially named in the No.16 jersey on the bench for the game when the team was announced on Tuesday with retiring veteran Dene Halatau selected as the starting hooker.

Farah will be playing in the Intrust Super Premiership at Leichhardt Oval this Saturday afternoon against Newtown instead of lining up for his side's crucial clash with St George Illawarra at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Taylor and Farah have had a tempestuous relationship during the past two years with the hooker told late in 2015 he was free to leave the club despite having two seasons left on his contract.

The veteran was threatened with the prospect of playing NSW Cup if he didn't walk away from his lucrative contract at the club.

The NSW rake dug his heels in and refused to leave.

Farah's future was again up in the air last month after Taylor refused to guarantee he would be recalled after the hooker was "rested" for a loss to the Roosters.

He has attracted interest from English Super League clubs as recently as last month, but the 32-year-old wants to see out his career a one-club man.

Farah remains contracted to the Tigers through to the end of next season, but this move will again throw doubt over his future.

I thought things were too quiet over at the Tigers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they might win games now

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm just more surprised that he thinks the 5 other hookers in the team are better. He's picked Halatau in the 9, for Christ's sake :psyduck:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Some of you may have noticed there was a "guess Who, Don't Sue" type thingy this week in one of the papers where it was mentioned that one holier than thou League writer is not so holier than thou himself with his taste in other men's wives.

No Idea who the Biblical Kent would be.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

I'm just more surprised that he thinks the 5 other hookers in the team are better. He's picked Halatau in the 9, for Christ's sake :psyduck:

It's not about being a better hooker, it's about being a better fit for the team. Taylor wants a Barry basics guy who lets the halves run the team and just shovels the ball to them straight away. Halatau is hardly going to win hooker of the year but at the same time he doesn't squeeze the halves out and run everything himself because of some deluded idea that he's better than Cam Smith.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The flipside is that we've been pretty successful over the last two months with him in the team, and lost precisely when he wasn't there (or when he went off early with concussion). Were your described situation actually happening I'd agree, but the team has looked extremely dangerous having him come on after 25 or so and it's flying in the face of our recent success to drop him completly.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
go home iajanus, you're sober

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Corey Norman has been suspeneded for the rest of the season. I wonder who's going to sign him for next year and how much his fuckups are going to cost him.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Jono C posted:

Corey Norman has been suspeneded for the rest of the season. I wonder who's going to sign him for next year and how much his fuckups are going to cost him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66tNWd-Xwlk&t=12s

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So many clubs are going for the biggest fuckwits award - who will be the champions?

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

So many clubs are going for the biggest fuckwits award - who will be the champions?

Titans have been going well, it's about time Greg Bird fucks something up

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
If this kid is back on the field this game after loving slamming his head that hard into the turf, how can anyone say that the NRL treats concussions seriously (not that there isn't already plenty of evidence that concussion protocols are semi-optional)

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I'm never sure, was Milford supposed to roll him like he did, wouldn't it be better to leave him a few seconds until doctors arrive

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Carn Panfers

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:horse:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

great result

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Leagues the winner

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Good game this, Manu would've had a heart attack when that ball went behind him :lol:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Who says Manu Vatuvei can't catch?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Looks like it is so cold, it has rendered a poor sods flesh from bone.

Still, better off than the Warriors.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

This performance is peak Warriors:
- start hard, get no benefit
- concede soft tries through the middle of the game
- wake up at the 70th minute, start playing hot potato and tie the game.

Now all we need is to lose golden point in retarded fashion.

edit: :suicide:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
im dead now. Send someone to collect my body

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

im dead now. Send someone to collect my body

Ah so that was you.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

More peak warriors there.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Apparently Blocker Roach said the Warriors play "jungle ball".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
This Robbie Farah drama is pretty nuts - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...723-gqcam0.html

quote:

Security had to intervene on multiple occasions throughout the afternoon to remove banners criticising the maligned coach who decided to dump the NSW hooker to reserve grade for Sunday's game against the Dragons.

"We like Farah but love Fa'alogo," one banner said, referring to former Souths player David Fa'alogo who punched Taylor during mad Monday celebrations in 2009.

A "F**k JT we love Robbie" banner was confiscated by security, before a man with a "sack JT ASAP – JT is a dog" sign was also thrown out of the venue.
:yikes:

• Locked thread